NFL week 1

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
With the distinct possibility of Atlanta and New Orleans starting the season with an 0-2 record, let's hope Newton "has some left" for the two Tampa meetings! :wink:

Westside

Hall of Famer
Well just checked BSPN homepage and guess who is on it, "wiff" his room brighten smile. Yes our boy sCam. It did not take long for the drones, DWSW(drunk white sports writers) to dust off the knee pads, open wide and assume the position.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Well just checked BSPN homepage and guess who is on it, "wiff" his room brighten smile. Yes our boy sCam. It did not take long for the drones, DWSW(drunk white sports writers) to dust off the knee pads, open wide and assume the position.
Can you guys imagine the publicity and fanfare if the Panthers had actually won the game? Also, is it too soon to forget how awful Newton was in pre-season? Maybe the worst starting QB stat-wise. When he faces a decent defense unlike the abominable, coal black Cardinals defense, I think he will be exposed.

icsept

Master
Newton's game was only the 8th best performance in terms of QB rating, and his team lost. I believe that Arizona's coal black defense will prove to be one of the worst in the league.

It was great to see the most black-supremacist teams lose: Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay and Seattle.

Break-out performance by Dallas LB Sean Lee.

Overall not too much to be excited about from the White skill position players other than Jason Witten. However, we have Welker and Woodhead tonight.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Tony Romo is the most overrated player in the NFL, behind only Reggie Bush. Both John Kitna and Steve Magee had better preseasons, but Jerry Jones won't bench Romo because he wants to please the Latino Community.
This is Romo's last stand as a qb. If Dallas has a season like last season he is going to be release, he is about 30 and Dallas under his leadership has had memorable losses, with gaffes like yesterdays. He might be trying out rain coats in Seattle next spring....

This is Romo's last stand as a qb. If Dallas has a season like last season he is going to be release, he is about 30 and Dallas under his leadership has had memorable losses, with gaffes like yesterdays. He might be trying out rain coats in Seattle next spring....

Last night Romo was certainly, to use an old-school term, "prone to the big error."

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Bigunreal said:
It was gratifying to see the Steelers lose, but the Ravens aren't that much better.

I particularly enjoyed the glum facial expressions of Mike Tomlin during the Steelers-Ravens game. Of course, his sullen demeanor was in glaring contrast to the moments when the Steelers are winning. I witnessed no high-fiving, no skipping, no jiving, no dancing, no posing, no laughing, and no “fake boxing” with his fundamentally-cocoa roster. The always-infuriating smirk was even absent from the face of "Hiney Ward."

It was also comical to watch Troy “The Corporate Polynesian Dingleberry” Polamalu getting burned…over and over and over.

Troy-Polamalu-headshoulders.jpg

You’re correct in suggesting that the Ravens “aren’t much better,” however, they have, at the very least, assembled some young white defensive talent (Tom Zbikowski, Paul Kruger, Jarrett Johnson). I find their breed of bigotry to be slightly less totalitarian.

Last edited:

SchaafC

Guru
Cam's day

Ok,
So who was really expecting that? **** I was not, I still find it hard to belive that Cam beat the Cards on his own. I am pretty damn sure there was some kinda "Let the Brutha" have one deal going on. Blown coverage's missed tackles etc. Just seems too damn convenient to me. Black QB's must have success at all costs, with Vick, Tavaris, and McNabb having days ranging from sub par, to average to just flat out garbage; someone had to pick up the slack. I have a feeling Rev. Al Sharpton, and the ghost of MLK ( I refuse to call him Dr. seeing as his only valid doctorates are posthumous and his plagiarism has gone largely ignored)had a busy day working the phone lines to the Cardinal's secondary imploring them to "Take one for the team."

So Cam Newton went 24-37 for 422 2 TD's, I say so what. They say he was poised, I say 4 sacks and 3-7 passing on third down say otherwise. They say he is a freak athlete I say 8 carries for 18 yards beg to differ, perhaps he should play TE/H-Back where his bruising running style and otherworldly athleticism can be best utilized. Carolina went out of their way to give Newton a chance to win the game; the ball was in his hands 49 out of 68 offensive plays. That's a whopping 72% of their play calls, how did Cam respond to this trust? Lets not be fooled right away by the numbers. Remember that he had a interception called back on a bogus penalty, he then threw another and just to show the first was no mistake he tossed it to the same LB; now that's some accuracy I can get behind.

Back to that poise Cam so clearly posses; after crossing the 50 into opposition's territory Cam was 6-14 for 116 YD's that's 42% yes he threw for a TD. However the aforementioned INT(2) also came within the 50. When trying to read the defense i.e. over the middle he was a horrendous 1-4 with the sole completion being a 4 YD strike to FB Mike Goodson. Cam did not throw for a TD in the second half and in the 4th Quarter he was 9-16 56% 107YDs 6.7 YPA with 2 sacks.

Even with all of that there was still a chance to win the game for Cam Newton, here is how it played out.
1st-10, ARI11 1:39 C. Newton incomplete pass to the right
2nd-10, ARI11 1:34 C. Newton incomplete pass down the middle
3rd-10, ARI11 1:30 C. Newton incomplete pass to the left

4th-5, ARI6 1:14 C. Newton passed to M. Goodson down the middle for 4 yard gain.

He just got three years as an undisputed "X-factor" win or lose 422 yards or 38 yards. Rush Limbaugh comments defended, dog killing excursions excused, purple drank be chugged. This black quarterback is here for a while.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
i dont find it that hard to believe that Cam can tear a ****ty NFC West Defense apart.. The Talent in the NFL is no where near where it should be or where the "experts" claim it is.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
From Sunday, we also lost Chargers' Nate Kaeding, and I'm sure the MSM will laugh about how it happened: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/492980/nate-kaeding

Kaeding to go on IR list with torn ACL; out for year
An MRI on K Nate Kaeding's left knee on Monday confirmed he suffered a torn ACL against the Vikings. Kaeding will be placed on IR. “Nate is out for the year,” coach Norv Turner said. The injury occurred when Kaeding tried to make a tackle on Percy Harvin's 103-yard TD on the opening kickoff. Chargers RapidReports

But the blacks lost Eric Berry, and, it's being reported now that Jon Beason was also lost. Maybe the "contract curse" struck again? He had kind of a down-year last season, so I felt that this wasn't the time to extend him, not yet.

It's true: MLB Beason set for season-ending surgery
The Panthers have confirmed what CBSSports.com reported last night -- that three-time Pro Bowl MLB Jon Beason has torn his Achilles and is done for the season. Coach Ron Rivera said Beason, who just signed a five-year contract extension worth more than $51 million, will have surgery in the next few days. Panthers RapidReports

backrow

Hall of Famer
6 white starters on offense for Dolphins, only one on Pats defense, Ninkovich

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
anyone else watching the MNF game? how atrocious was that performance of the National Anthem by Fergie? ugh.

also, unlike the announcing team, i hadn't realized that Reggie Bush was the most dominant, under-appreciated tailback in the NFL ... "weird," i thought he was an under-achieving pussy who was little more than an over-hyped third-down back.

what a GREAT catch by Miami tight end Anthony Fasano! nice!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
If Miami wins, all the credit will go to Mike Pouncey per the Caste-script.. :icon_rolleyes:

My prediction. Woodhead gets 116 yards rushing from 14 carries. Ben Jarvis will score some touchdowns tonight on small runs. Woodhead will be the feature back tonight after a 38-7 blowout. Mark my words.

backrow

Hall of Famer
haha, i love Edelman's scappiness! he was in some big d-lineman's grill. and did you hear his **** when he got tackled on that punt return? ambitious!

wow, Gronk's huuuge gain called back on a stupid flag. 41 yards!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Ochostinko lines up in the wrong spot and costs the Pats a 40-plus-yard catch-and-run by Gronkowski. nice debut, dumbass.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Brady is looking razor-sharp, as is the rest of the Pats offense. except for, ahem, the aforementioned prima-donna "playmakuh," that is.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it appears that the "physical" Haynesworth and his "phenomenally conditioned affletic" teammates are already getting tired ... here's a related photo i saw earlier this evening that reveals the "terrific physical condition" these sumos are in.

yeah these are physical defenders.JPG

dwid

Hall of Famer
I hope Koppen is okay, they are thin at line if they had to bring in Brian Waters and have him start, the guy looks pathetic standing next to Nate Solder, looks like a fat guard that starts at my local FCS school, generously listed at 6'2 320 pounds (no way hes over 6 foot and probably 340). I think Waters height of 6'3 is probably exaggerated as well. I know Solder is 6'7 but he looks at least a half foot taller.

Ochocinco a no show tonight so far.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Gronkowski and (rookie) Nate Solder are absolutely crushing the Dolphins in the first half.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Woodhead has 8 rushes for 41 yards for an average of 5 yards per carry! The Gronk has 71 yards receiving. The Pats are looking good but I wish they had some more points. Let's see what they do in the 2nd half.

TwentyTwo

Master
Woodhead had some nice runs! Only wish Brady would have hit him on that pass in the flat...easy 1st down if not a TD...starting 2nd half!

Big Gronk would have 112 yards receiving if not for the bone-head penalty on the WR.

I think Solder is 6'-8"...owning Cameron Wake. Hope Koppen is OK!

Nice completion to Wes Welker! Hoping Hartline can bust a big play!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Hartline with a nice TD catch. i want Danny to break off a huge run!

lots of praise for Woodhead!

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
touchdown Hartline!