NFL week 1

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
WOw great game to watch!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And the moronic Dolphins just cut A. J. Edds, who would likely have developed into their best linebacker (and who was subsequently picked up by the Patriots).

TwentyTwo

Master
So happy for Wes Welker!!! 99 yard TD!!!!

The NFL Starts about 80% blacks on defense it seems...yet 4 of the 6 defensive players that scored TD's in Week #1 were white...Urlacher; Kerrigan; Beirmann and Lee! What's up with that!

300 yard passing games are now becoming the norm with the affletic defenses all across the league...

Pie

Guru
I didn't know Henne could run before this game. He's a smart runner too. Too bad he doesn't have a few more bumblin stumblin, deceptive, blue collar honkies on his offense to help him out.

# Gruden has just refered to Hartline as "the fastest dolphin" twice in the last minute. That was a unique experience for me.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
So happy for Wes Welker!!! 99 yard TD!!!!

The NFL Starts about 80% blacks on defense it seems...yet 4 of the 6 defensive players that scored TD's in Week #1 were white...Urlacher; Kerrigan; Beirmann and Lee! What's up with that!

300 yard passing games are now becoming the norm with the affletic defenses all across the league...

And Biermann was demoted when the Falcons signed the over-rated Ray Edwards, who did nothing yesterday against the Bears.

backrow

Hall of Famer
hah, how about that, Gruden just said, "Hartline, the fastest dolphin, will be a factor"... what's up with Jon today? he didnt take his network pill? he just repeated it!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Gruden just said that Brian Hartline is the fastest Dolphin. nice. but i wonder how that is possible, seeing as how he isn't affletic ...

backrow

Hall of Famer
love that quote also: "Welker is so slippery. I don't know how you cover this guy."

true, too. Gruden has a lot of praise for white players tonight. good stuff.

PS what did he say that was inappropriate that he just apologized for?

Pie

Guru

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
hah, how about that, Gruden just said, "Hartline, the fastest dolphin, will be a factor"... what's up with Jon today? he didnt take his network pill? he just repeated it!

I thought I was hearing things, I'm glad someone else heard it. He must have misspoke.

Riddlewire

Master
And, elsewhere in the NFL...

No-Show Moreno gets the Broncos offense started with a typical No-Show performance: 3 carries, -4 yards

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
What was the inappropriate word Gruden just apologized for?

it begins with "sh" and rhymes with spit. but it was Jaws who said it, not Gruden.

backrow

Hall of Famer
And, elsewhere in the NFL...

No-Show Moreno gets the Broncos offense started with a typical No-Show performance: 3 carries, -4 yards

Spencer Larsen caught a pass for 15 already. are we going to see any Decker? let's hope!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
i dunno jax, he repeated it twice.

maybe that was the inappropriate thing he's apologizing for hahaha

I thought I heard him say "sh1t" when he was talking over a replay. He went right past it so I thought maybe he was referring to some guy named Schmidt or something, I wasn't paying much attention.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it will be forgotten in the blowout loss, but Anthony Fasano has quietly had a really nice night for the 'Phins.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Week 1 was awesome from a caste viewpoint. Our guys really take the lead in this sport (just like all other sports).

Give a white athlete a chance and we win - doesn't matter the sport.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Henne is pretty fast. props to Bush for hustling and actually blocking a defender for him.

ha, he's going to be Dolphs leading rusher.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
This might be the alltime best CF Monday Night Football game ever. Just after that time that Riggins rushed for over 100 yards 30 years ago!!