NFL week 1

dwid

Hall of Famer
Anytime a NFL receiver scores on a 99 yard TD reception, he has to outrun people. But wait. Are there any white DBs in the NFL? I don't think so, after all, white = slow. So how does the "slow" white guy Welker do what he did last night? Here is a clue: Google a couple of other slow white guys: Mel Patton and Valeri (Valery) Borzov.

Jim Rome just called it the "most boring 99 yard td", "a bad angle by the safety and then a jog to the endzone". Welker even impressed me with that play, I thought his initial burst was great and elite speed from 0 to 20 yards with slightly below average top end speed (>40 yards), but if it were below average then another defender should have been able to come across the field to catch him even though they brought many to pressure Brady, being that it was 99 yards and 1/2 yards, someone should have came close since it was so long. I have seen it happen to other players on long plays, it looks like its going to go all the way and a player comes flying down the field to prevent the touchdown. One instance comes to mind is Tim Dwight, I don't know if it was a special teams play or an interception thrown and he had to tackle the defender but he looked like a missile that came out of nowhere.

I didn't see anyone even close after he beat the intial db, who was with him the entire route (no missteps to give Welker a step or two, was running with him the entire route, Welker had him beat), yes one of the safties did take a bad angle and wound up right behind him, but looked slower chasing from behind before giving up as Welker gained more separation, then there was a db on the other side of the field who theoretically could have caught him if Welker was slow but he doesn't come close to closing any kind of gap and gives up after a while.

Last edited:

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jim Rome is a White hating piece of garbage! He's one of those folks I wouldn't mind seeing a micro-nuke go off in his head. :flame:

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Jim Rome sucks, I've tried listening to his radio broadcast and it is just horrible. He pauses for about two minutes in between words. He tries to come off as badass, but he is just and unathletic jackass, who has no business being in sports broadcasting.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Jim Rome is a water boy for the caste system, as evidence by his remark of Welker's 100 yard TD. The only incident I remember Rome from was that infamous encounter with Chris Everett, former Rams and Charger QB who was quite good for a couple of years. Anyways, Rome kept calling Chris, "Crissy Everett" as in the female tennis player. Chris had enough, grabbed him by the shirt and threw him on the floor on his television show. LOL

I only possess marginal "lunch box" computer skills, if there is another CF member with more "high motor or craftiness" in computer skills please download the video from YouTube. Garranteed huge laughs!

Patrick

Guru
Jim Rome just called it the "most boring 99 yard td", "a bad angle by the safety and then a jog to the endzone".

How many 99 yard TD passes has he seen exactly? There have only been a few.

I think the goal of football is to score, or am I mistaken? If the Dolphins D was completely punked on the play then that is Welkers fault? Maybe they shouldn't have stacked the box expecting the run? And I know for sure that Welkers stiff arm to a Miami afrolete DB was talked about on ESPN today so whats that all about?

A boring stiff arm by a 5'10 guy to a superior athlete? THAT'S not interesting? Then what is exactly?

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jim Rome is a water boy for the caste system, as evidence by his remark of Welker's 100 yard TD. The only incident I remember Rome from was that infamous encounter with Chris Everett, former Rams and Charger QB who quite good for a couple of years. Anyways, Rome kept calling Chris, "Crissy Everett" as in the female tennis player. Chris had enough, grabbed him shirt and threw him on the floor on his television show. LOL

I only possess marginal "lunch box" computer skills, if there is another CF member with more "high motor or craftiness" in computer skills please download the video from YouTube. Garranteed huge laughs!

Jim Everett, West. and he was calling him that because of a femaletennis player, Chris Evert.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Roger, backrow, I stand corrected. It was Jim Everett and if some one could down that video it would fun.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
That incident is one of the occurrences that put the insufferable Jim Rome on the map. I remember back in the days when he was just another loud-mouthed sports-talk jock on XTRA 690 San Diego. His "smack talk" false-bravado style of sports talk plays well with DWFs and other closet "tough guys".

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Roger, backrow, I stand corrected. It was Jim Everett and if some one could down that video it would fun.

here you go.

[video=youtube;9HNgqQVHI_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8[/video]

white is right

Hall of Famer
Some observations from Patriots-Dolphins…

With his 8 catch, 160-yard, 2 TD performance in Week 1, Wes Welker will only need to average 56 yards per game in the following 15 contests to achieve yet another 1,000-yard season. Welker has proved countless times that, despite his scarcity of skin melanin, he is capable of running deeper passing routes. Below is a photo of Welker stiff-arming Dolphins CB, Benny Sapp, and then easily sprinting past him on his way to an NFL-record 99.5-yard score…

9995388-large.jpg

But, to be fair, when a team possesses a loud-mouthed, infantile, show-boating, prop-using, self-absorbed, perpetually-disgruntled black attention-monger and VH1 reality show buffoon in the form of Chad “Ocho-Homo-Sexo,” well, what white receiver could possibly compete? The lass wearing “#85” had one trifling catch for 14 yards. Hopefully his woefulness will continue until he suffers the same fate of “Grandfather” Joey Galloway (released in October two seasons ago). Unfortunately, Matthew Slater (not Julian Edelman), a black special-teamer with undeniable straight-line speed, would likely be Ocho’s replacement.

The Patriots’ young LB, Dane Fletcher, got great pressure on Henne whenever he was allowed to play. He also made an incredibly dynamic solo tackle during an outside run by Reggie Bust that displayed his fantastic lateral speed and ferocious tackling power. The three parasitic dim-wits didn’t even mention Fletcher’s name during that particular play (and there was no instant replay). Why is Fletcher sitting behind the likes of Gary Guyton?

I noticed a (pre-conjured) Monday Night Football camera was comically placed in a room full of “celebrities” (Will Smith, Marc Anthony, and Dwayne Wade) pretending to be casual fans, pretending to have fun, pretending to laugh, and posing in some random “luxury suite” in Sun Life Stadium. The unfunny “actor,” Will Smith, ever the furtive Black Nationalist douchebag, sported a t-shirt which simply read “MUHAMMED ALI.”

Isn’t Smith a little old to be wearing massive diamond earrings and a sideways hat? And that Goblin, Marc Anthony, looks as sissified as ever…

f1848b0b82c0-600x310.jpg

Tony Sparano, the overexcited, foaming-mouth fool, fielded an exclusively-cocoa defensive lineup (with one requisite chubby Polynesian) that was, quite literally “sucking air.” Seriously, can a black professional athlete actually play football without the aid of an oxygen tank? Dolphins DE, Cameron Wake, was seen multiple times clutching a plastic mask attached to a tank of pure oxygen whenever he was on the sideline. The rest of the Dolphins’ so-called defense was exhibiting the oh-so typical symptoms of “black millionaire conditioning.” When Brady was the in hurry-up offense, they were literally taking a knee until the last moment before the ball was snapped. The white drunkards failed to notice and continued their cheerleading unabated.

The human-pig (wait, no, pigs are wonderful, useful, and intelligent creatures), Albert Hayensworth, was seen randomly punching Dolphins OT, Jake Long, in the back of the head for no reason whatsoever. Fat Boy, the future heart transplant recipient, looked exhausted in limited action. Unfortunately, to the extreme delight of the three ladies in the booth, he managed to flop his fatness onto the ball-carriers, making his standard 1-2 tackles. He's now a "starter" for life.

Brian Hartline played decent, however, his little touchdown dance routine just screamed “I’m am Wigger, hear me roar!” Show-boating should be reserved for those who actually need it…the lower races of this planet.
Every time I see a white receiver do a wigger routine. I usually automatically assume he is a mulatto,quadroon or an octaroon/mulungeon.......:biggrin: It's pretty sad when you have to do the over played touchdown dance so that you will fit in with your pea brained teammates, so you can get invited to the midweek poker game or visit to the local "gentleman's club".

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Westside, thanks for bringing the Jim Rome, Jim Everett incident back. That was hilarious. I remember seeing that, was I watching that live back when it happened, it had to be, they wouldn't have rolled the tape, would they?

Thanks to JC for downloading the video, you guys are awesome!

Westside

Hall of Famer
Classic! Did you guys see the grimmace on Rome's mug. He's glad that Jim decided not to pound him into a hurt locker.

Jim Rome's last name is a media creation . He probably has a typical henious jewish name like John Steward, that he is ashamed of.

Thanks Jimmy C.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Man I wish Hillis still played in the AFC West, the defensive play is getting worse. McFadden and Bush rush for 180 yards 5+ ypc with a qb that barely threw for a 100, I think when McFadden hit the 100 mark Campbell had like 38 passing yards. Then again, this same result probably could have happened against the Bengals had they kept running Hillis with power running plays, Benson was averaging 3 ypc and getting stuffed quite a bit and then wound up breaking off a big one at the very end to pad his stats.

On the other end, Orton throws for 300 and his team rushes for 38 yards 2.9 ypc, I wish this were a fair world, Tebow would at least be used as a halfback and would have more success than Blount did last year.

For real? I didn't watch this coal-bowl. Doesn't Denver have Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller on defense?..

white is right

Hall of Famer
Classic! Did you guys see the grimmace on Rome's mug. He's glad that Jim decided not to pound him into a hurt locker.

Jim Rome's last name is a media creation . He probably has a typical henious jewish name like John Steward, that he is ashamed of.

Thanks Jimmy C.
I always thought he was Italian-American,but his snarky attitude reminds me of half the big mouth Jews I went to high school with, it seemed half the people thought they were combination of Andrew Dice Clay and Adam Sandler....:biggrin:

Highlander

Mentor
Doesn't Denver have Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller on defense?..
Yes, and pro-bowler, Champ Bailey, too...while third string MLB (behind Nate Irving and Joe Mays), Mike Mohamed, watches on from the sideline without breaking a sweat and playmaking Safety, Kyle McCarthy, apparently only good enough to be the team's 5th best Safety, exiled to the practice squad.

It doesn't take a defensive genius to figure out how to defend against a team that starts Jason Campbell...stack the box with 8 or 9 players and play man-to-man against the WRs on the outside. "Game Over"...at least if you're starting the right players.

foobar75

Master
I think I saw a blurb that the CB who allowed the Welker TD has been released by the Dolphins. I guess that's the ultimate insult, being beaten on the outside by a "slow, white guy" for 99.5 yards. His locker room credibility must have been shot, and he had to be purged. :biggrin:

Tom Iron

Mentor
foobar75,

There is also the small point, the Dolphins cut Welker as well.

Tom Iron...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Nice article from the Boston Globe.

[h=1]Wes Welker in possession of big play
[/h]September 13, 2011|By Christopher L. Gasper, Boston.com columnist, Globe Staff

By Christopher L. Gasper, Boston.com columnist
MIAMI -- It's practically a part of Wes Welker's name. Possession receiver. If he had business cards they would probably say, "Wes Welker, professional possession receiver."
There's nothing wrong with being a possession receiver, per se. But in the highlight-happy, short-attention span sports society we live in, being labeled a possession receiver is almost a pejorative, a bit of a backhanded compliment, like being told a pair of pants is slimming on you. Except maybe we were all wrong to brand Tom Brady's favorite target as merely a possession receiver.

pixel.gif

Ads by Google

pixel.gif

That's selling the 5-foot, 9-inch Welker short because possession receivers don't score 99-yard touchdowns like he did last night in the fourth quarter of the Patriots' convincing 38-24 season-opening victory over the Miami Dolphins at Sun Life Stadium. Blow the top off the defense? Welker certainly did. No deep threat required.
The 99 Restaurant is going to have to add a Welker entree to the menu. And the next time someone refers to Welker as a possession receiver? "Well, if they do I'll definitely remind them of that play," said Welker of his 99 1/2 yard TD.
One play after Dolphins quarterback Chad Henne misfired on a fade route to Brian Hartline on fourth and goal from the half-yard line, Tom Brady dropped back to pass in his own end zone. After changing the play pre-snap, he whipped a pass to Welker, who was in one-on-one coverage with Miami cornerback Benny (Poor) Sapp. Welker caught the ball at about his 18-yard line and with safety Reshad Jones taking a poor angle, he simply outran Sapp and raced into the history books, tying the NFL record for the longest touchdown from scrimmage and defying perception and stereotypes with each stride.
Photos: Patriots-Dolphins "Wes is a great overall receiver. People think one thing about him. You'll see he'll hurt you in many different ways," said Patriots cornerback Devin McCourty. "Fortunately for us we get to see it every day in practice and get better with it." It was the 12th time in NFL history a 99-yard touchdown pass play was scored. The last came in 2008, when Gus Frerotte and Bernard Berrian connected. Welker's long-running reception is a feat -- not to be confused with Welker's favorite word, feet -- that Randy Moss never accomplished. Neither did Jerry Rice, Lynn Swann, Bob Hayes, Lance Alworth, Don Hutson or any of the game's other revered big-play practitioners.
The 99-yard TD was Welker's second score of the game and part of an eight-catch, 160-yard effort. That's 20 yards per catch. Might be time to talk contract extension for Welker.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Thanks Jimmy C.
Although his persona is loathsome to most of us, his name is genuine. According to wikipedia, he was born James Phillip Rome in 1964.

Riddlewire

Master
Although his persona is loathsome to most of us, his name is genuine. According to wikipedia, he was born James Phillip Rome in 1964.

Three points:

1. Wikipedia is no more credible than a White House-doctored jpg of a birth certificate. Anybody can edit the pages, and the pages change content all the time.

2. If you do believe Wikipedia, then you have to believe this note included on Rome's page:
On January 28, 2006, Rome was elected to the Southern California Jewish Sports Hall of Fame.

3. There is no further information about Rome's origin. Perhaps his grandfather changed the family name to "Rome" from "Romfeld" in 1939. What was his mother's maiden name? Seth McFarlane uses a clever technicality to disguise his tribal origins (his mother's name was Sager (ashkenazic)). You have to keep in mind that the core principles of American jews are disguise and obfuscation. It is of extreme importance to them to hide their beliefs and backgrounds (except in areas where they feel secure, like Hollywood and New York).

Jim Rome ain't no English Catholic.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I was simply confirming Rome's name, I made no comment one way or another about his ethnicity or origins. My big question is, why is our friend, dwid, polluting his mind by listening to this guy? When station-scanning while I'm on the road, I won't even wait the 5 seconds for the scan to go to the next station if the radio comes across the Rome show!

Riddlewire

Master
I know.

And I had to point out that it's still possible that that is not his birth name.
And, even if it is, it might not be an original one.

Regarding the man himself, I'm not a listener. I saw that interview with Everett way back when. I decided then that he was a typical sensationalist journalist. His goal was making a name for himself, not reporting news or discussing sports.

Highlander

Mentor
There is no further information about Rome's origin. Perhaps his grandfather changed the family name to "Rome" from "Romfeld" in 1939. What was his mother's maiden name? Seth McFarlane uses a clever technicality to disguise his tribal origins (his mother's name was Sager (ashkenazic)). You have to keep in mind that the core principles of American jews are disguise and obfuscation. It is of extreme importance to them to hide their beliefs and backgrounds (except in areas where they feel secure, like Hollywood and New York).
Apparently, "there's an app for that", to know for sure:

http://www.thespec.com/news/busines...r-not-jew-iphone-app-riles-anti-racism-groups