NFL week 1

dwid

Hall of Famer
Jordy Nelson is having a good first half. Herring and Shanle were both listed as starters, and Mitch King and Charleston were on the field for quite a bit along with Shanle and Herring, although Herring has been switched out with an afflete for a few plays.

Im supposed to believe that Chris Reis can't play safety better than Roman Harper? That guy is pathetic, never has been good in coverage and now he can't play the run.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Saints safeties getting carved up today by Aaron Rodgers! Maybe Reis will gett some PT in the 2nd half?!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hate to hear that Peyton Manning may miss the whole season, but his health is more important than anything else. Sure didn't think we'd see this much offense tonight. I'm hoping Green Bay starts using Ryan Grant more, unless they start using John Kuhn of course. I read that tonight's game is the first NFL game which will feature player's fantasy stats posted by the stadiums using their light boards.

northwinds

Mentor
Randall Cobb having a great game for GB....so now the Packer DWFs will be calling for him to get more playing time over Jordy.....geez:icon_cry:

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Am I supposed to know who Aubrayo Franklin is? :noidea: Is he supposed to be some kind of a "star?"

I do know about loser Shaun Rogers and "underachiever" Sedrick Ellis. This team has been thoroughly overrated by the black-loving MSM..

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Wow, good thing Mark Ingram isn't Toby Gerhart, or he'd be demonized by Saints fans for years to come after that.:crazy:

referendum

Mentor
Nice victory for the Packers, a team which doesn't have a huge amount of whites anymore, but uses most of them alot. Glad to see Nelson with some nice catches, and Kuhn getting in the action as well.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Green Bay should have ran Kuhn more. Mark Ingram is going to be a bust. 13 carries for 40 yards 3.1 ypc. I mentioned this to Saints fans in preseason about his low ypc and they acted like I was crazy. They will say the blocking wasn't good enough, he was brought in to get the tough yards and push the pile, Pierre Thomas an UDFA was able to do it when he got the ball, hes just made of glass so can't get too many carries. The Saints should have picked up Kuhn instead of Korey Hall since they went with Jed as the fullback. He would be a much better tailback than Ingram. The Saints should have kept one of those White receivers they have cut over the years. Brees needs someone who is consistent. Colston was supposed to be that but has been in the bottom of the league for drops and struggles with separation. Todd Blythe could do what he does.

Btw did anyone notice how many times an afflete slipped and fell?

I wonder why the Packers didn't really have Matthews rush the passer?

foobar75

Master
We cannot complain too much about the Packers. They have 10 White starters, nearly 50%, and they all play the great majority of the snaps. Jordy Nelson was out there from the first play lining up on the outside along with Greg Jennings and ceremonial starter Driver. Nelson and Jennings had nearly identical numbers and he almost had a second TD (which John Kuhn scored on the next play anyway).

This is pretty decent for today's NFL standards. The Patriots and Texans field similar line-ups and all 3 teams look to be in hunt for winning their respective divisions.

backrow

Hall of Famer
good first game, shame about Kuhn not being used more and Clay Matthews with no sack is always a bit sad.

dwid

Hall of Famer
notice how the two sumo guards Nicks and Evans played horrible, they played horrible last year as well but are regarded as two of the best guards in the league. They were average at one point. Their decline came in 2010, when the refs were moved behind the offense, Jahri Evans became one of the most penalized lineman. The pathetic sumo line didn't get any push, compare this to some of the Whiter lines in the league.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mark Ingram reminds me of Ron Dayne -- power running is supposed to be his strong suit, but he shows little power thus far. If Toby Gerhart ever gets a third of the opportunities Ingram will to succeed, he'll be a more successful NFL running back.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I never considered Nicks and Evans to be be anything but fringe players. Then again I think Michael Oher one of the worst left tackles in the league, and the only reason people disagree is because that movie.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Even though he seems more effeminate and whipped than ever, Crissie Collinsworth noted that Evans had more holding penalties than any other o-linemen last year in spite of his "lofty" reputation after he was called for one in this game. He also called Robert Meachem slipping to the turf a yard short of converting a crucial first down a "monster mistake." With all the falling to the ground by black players and the obligatory dropped passes, Crissie's usual jelly backbone showed slight tendencies of stiffening, at least for this game.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good post, Hawkeye2, and I agree with you.

Don, I noticed the same thing last night. I started wondering if something was wrong with Collinsworthless when he actually mentioned black mistakes and deficiencies.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Despite Jordy Nelson’s productive night against the Saints, several of the Packers’ other receivers had good showings in Week 1.

Donald Driver remains quite shifty and is still able to be an effective possession receiver. Greg Jennings is what Mike Hass should have been in the NFL…a receiver only lacking great speed but possessing fantastic quickness, route-running, mid-air body control, concentration, etc (although Hass’s ability to vertically “climb the ladder” is far better). Randall Cobb, of course, looked great, especially for a rookie seeing his first NFL action. James Jones was barely involved in the offense, tallying one very short reception. If this continues, Jones may be traded or released, as he doesn’t even play special teams (unlike Brett Swain, who was racially purged last week).

Of the entire Packer receiving corps, Nelson seems to possess the superior body size, wingspan, strength, straight-line speed, and ability to separate. From the first series, when Nelson burned Patrick Robinson for a long gain (see below), it was obvious that he’s the Packers’ only legitimate “deep threat.”

Will Osgood, a random nerd from Bleacher Report, thinks otherwise...

"Robinson got beat deep by Jordy Nelson, which frankly shouldn't happen. Robinson is a better athlete with better speed. But Robinson got turned around by Nelson's craftiness in the route."

Yeah, that sneaky, blue-collar, high-motor, deceptive, overachieving white “craftiness” is the only reason a white athlete could ever catch a pass against a superior athlete such a Robinson...

NFL-SAINTS-PACKERS.jpg

gngn2034.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG

Also, it was nice to see John Kuhn emerging as the NFL’s best short-yardage back…
gngn2025.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG

Last edited:

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
On another note…does anyone else hear the “wiggerâ€￾ in Clay Matthew’s voice...particularly during his pre-game interview? Without the video depicting a light-featured white barbarian, the audio would have you believe that a jive-talking Negro was attempting to communicate.

backrow

Hall of Famer
he's surrounded and exposed to that kind of talk, plus if he's to communicate with his teammates, that's probably all they understand so he's used to speaking like that... cut him some slack man. do you expect a football player to speak shakespearean english?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I'm familiar with Patrick Robinson. He shouldn't even be on an NFL roster, much less "starting"..

Following the New Orlean's Super Bowl title, he was selected in the 1st round of the Draft (why?), and this signaled the beginning of their decline. Mark Ingram may represent another "symbol" of their decline. Outside of Drew Brees, the Saints' have become "oh so ordinary.."

In this game, Green Bay should have really destroyed New Orleans, but following their Super Bowl title, they've had their own "mismanagement." Their d-line is quite ordinary and visibly out-of-shape. A.J. Hawk has been one of the most disappointing highly-drafted Whites in recent memory. Despite the hype, there is always an air of suspicion that surrounds their secondary. And the days are counting off before Jermichael Finley tweaks an ankle/knee or hamstring...

white is right

Hall of Famer
he's surrounded and exposed to that kind of talk, plus if he's to communicate with his teammates, that's probably all they understand so he's used to speaking like that... cut him some slack man. do you expect a football player to speak shakespearean english?
I doth protest.....:tongue:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
On another note…does anyone else hear the “wiggerâ€￾ in Clay Matthew’s voice...particularly during his pre-game interview? Without the video depicting a light-featured white barbarian, the audio would have you believe that a jive-talking Negro was attempting to communicate.

I didn't hear the pre-game interview, but I am certain (for several reasons, including knowing a friend of the Matthews family) that Clay is not a wigger. He's doing what it takes for him to be a defensive star in the NFL -- he has brashness and a playing style reminiscent of Kevin Greene, who probably not coincidentally is also his linebacker coach. I see Matthews as very White and barbarian in an absurdly artificially crafted black milieu. A lot of White players will never have Matthews' extroverted personality, but for him it helps maximize his talent.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I'm familiar with Patrick Robinson. He shouldn't even be on an NFL roster, much less "starting"..

Following the New Orlean's Super Bowl title, he was selected in the 1st round of the Draft (why?), and this signaled the beginning of their decline. Mark Ingram may represent another "symbol" of their decline. Outside of Drew Brees, the Saints' have become "oh so ordinary.."

In this game, Green Bay should have really destroyed New Orleans, but following their Super Bowl title, they've had their own "mismanagement." Their d-line is quite ordinary and visibly out-of-shape. A.J. Hawk has been one of the most disappointing highly-drafted Whites in recent memory. Despite the hype, there is always an air of suspicion that surrounds their secondary. And the days are counting off before Jermichael Finley tweaks an ankle/knee or hamstring...

The Saints dwfs are blaming the slipping of Patrick Robinson for his poor play (along with other Saints affletes) lol. Claiming they were not familiar with the field and the reason why Green Bay didn't slip was because they are used to it (even though I recall a few of their affletes slipping as well).

I think this new turf that the NFL is using will help our White athletes. It was designed to prevent knee injuries, so when you get hit instead of your foot being locked in your leg simply slips. I recall a hit on Andre Johnson last year, they said had that been the old turf he would have torn something in his knee. Plenty of affletes already have trouble with coordination and balance when having to change direction, if the field is a little more slippery then they will have more trouble, and I do recall affletes slipping on routine plays more frequently last year.

Im not sure if the Packer's field has this new turf, I know its a combo of grass and turf. So apparently affletes can't stay upright on the new turf, grass that isn't in perfect condition (I know the Bears players complain quite a bit) or a combo of natural grass and field turf that the Packers use.

Last edited:

backrow

Hall of Famer
your predictions on Hillis' yardage? i'd love for him to open the season with a bang, say 130 and 2 TDs!

Tom Iron

Mentor
I hope he catches three passes as well, one for a TD in which he absolutely runs over a cringing db in the open field between him and the goal line.

Tom Iron...