2016 Training Camp and Pre-Season

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Just checking out boxscores and finding some familiar rookies and 2nd year defensive players on rosters that I forgot about:

Bucs:
LB Luke Rhodes - 5 tackles
S John Lowdermilk - 1 tackle
DT Travis Britz - 1 tackle

Eagles
LB Joe Walker 6 tackles 1 tfl

Redskins
LB Houston Bates - 2 tackles

Saints
LB Jeff Schoettmer - 1 tackle
LB Dillon Lee - 2 tackles

Pats
S Vinnie Sunseri - 1 tackle

Panthers
LB David Mayo - 8 tackles 1 tfl
LB Brian Blechen - 3 tackles

Ravens
LB Brennan Beyer - 2 tackles

Broncos
DL Adam Gostsis - 1 tfl

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
With Eric Berry holding out for more $$, Daniel Sorenson has been running with the first team defense throughout the Chiefs training camp. Hopefully, Berry will continue his holdout. As it is, Sorenson has already locked down the nickle position when an extra DB has to come in, so he will be on the field for most snaps.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
This is laughable but I guess his melanin more than makes up for lack of effort or talent. They would of been better off not cutting Cooper.

Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski labeled Rueben Randle's performance in Thursday's preseason opener an "embarrassment."

"Embarrassment," Kempski tweeted. "Barely ran routes. Didn't block. QBs can't possibly want him on the field." It sounds a lot like the Randle who irked coach Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning in New York, ultimately leading to the Giants letting him walk as a free agent in March. Randle played 28 offensive snaps Thursday, catching 1-of-3 targets for a measly three yards. Randle has proven to be one of the most effort-lacking players in the league since entering it.

Maybe some good news for Zenner although we know all those fumbles and dropped passes = upside

Dwayne Washington - RB - Lions
According to ESPN Lions reporter Michael Rothstein, seventh-round RB Dwayne Washington has "fumbled multiple times and dropped multiple passes" at camp.

The 6'1/223 Washington product ripped up the Huskies' Pro Day with a 4.44 forty and 10-foot-7 broad jump, but the transition to the big leagues has been rough. Buried behind Ameer Abdullah, Theo Riddick, Stevan Ridley, and Zach Zenner, Washington's likely ticketed for the practice squad.

Media darling Keenan Reynolds struggling. Can't wait to for all the hype around Weston Steelhammer out of Air Force in next year's draft!!! (sarcasm)

Keenan Reynolds - WR - Ravens
According to ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley, sixth-round WR Keenan Reynolds "drops passes and punts on a daily basis" at training camp.

It's been a brutal camp for the former triple-option quarterback out of Navy. He played 29-of-64 offensive snaps in the preseason opener, but didn't touch the ball on offense and wasn't targeted. After a strong spring, Reynolds now faces a steep climb for a roster spot. The practice squad may be best-case scenario.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Also, Bosa needs to sign and get to camp. Hate it when white players do this because the media and fans turn against them. If he were black the slant on the story would be totally different.

davidholly

Mentor
From what I've seen most fans are siding with Bosa. The Chargers are being cheap and even the blindest sheep can see this. Any other team would have already negotiated the contract Bosa wants because almost every first round rookie contract is set up in that way. The fact that the Chargers are afraid to do so should send up warning signs for Bosa.

davidholly

Mentor
Haha.

IK Enemkpali, the guy who broke Geno's jaw, tried to punch another player on the 1 year anniversary of his Geno punch.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Bosa situation is why Chargers will be in LA next year. Incompetent ownership. Also Tyrod Taylor has same starting record at QB as Drew Stanton(7-5) a career backup..

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Bills are my team to hate this year. Can't stand fat rex or Black power Doug.

** Bill's dwfs calling me names on Twitter because I think they over paid and over invested in Taylor. Lol

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Haha.

IK Enemkpali, the guy who broke Geno's jaw, tried to punch another player on the 1 year anniversary of his Geno punch.

Couple more years this idiot will be in a state penitentiary. Obviously this knucklehead lacks any sort of impulse control. Good job knocking out Geno last year though.

Heretic

Master
A.J. Klein had a 95-yard pick six yesterday...but, it was called back because of the Newton's childish antics:

Working out of the no-huddle offense, Newton completed his first five passes before overthrowing an open Ted Ginn Jr. in the back of the end zone. That forced Carolina to settle for a field goal.

He did not, however, spend the rest of the night on the sideline.

Newton was flagged for going on the field while linebacker A.J. Klein was taking an interception back 95 yards for a touchdown. The score was nullified, but the Panthers ultimately got into the end zone anyway.

''I just got too excited,'' Newton said sheepishly. ''I was hoping they would give a warning. It's no big deal.''

It may not be a "big deal" to you, you petulant immature self-centered egotistical jackass, but it certain would have been a "big deal" to Klein.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Whaley obviously has a complex about him. I believe he married a white yet his racism is very evident in what he has done to this roster. He's a pos and so are any bills fans who support that joke of a team.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Whaley obviously has a complex about him. I believe he married a white yet his racism is very evident in what he has done to this roster. He's a pos and so are any bills fans who support that joke of a team.

Yeah he's the worse type of racist black there is. Believes in black superiority yet marries a mudshark.

davidholly

Mentor
For as much as we're told the One Drop Rule was a racist creation of whites blacks seem to believe it more than any other race.

An athlete could be 5/16 Irish, 5/16 Cherokee, 5/16 Japanese and 1/16 Black but if he's a good athlete the media and blacks will consider him black.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Yea the Gremin stunk in his debut. 50% completion with an into and a fumble.

McCown just threw a TD to Conner Hamlett! Also, the Browns have a lot of Whites on the defensive side of the ball.

Edit: never mind what I said about the TD pass. BSPNs game tracker was wrong.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Does anyone know why Janis didn't play for Green Bay? I didn't see him listed in the box score.
Jeff Janis (hand) is inactive for the Packers' preseason opener.

Seen in the locker room with a bag of ice on his right hand Wednesday, Janis told reporters he jammed his fingers during a drill. That is likely (hopefully) the reason for his absence Friday. While this injury does not appear to be serious, it is another blow for a player who has struggled thus far in training camp, especially considering the standout performances Janis usually puts on tape in the preseason. Unless the injury is more serious than he is letting on, Janis will likely be ready for next week's contest.
Source: Jason Wilde on Twitter
Aug 12 - 6:54 PM

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looks like Barkley and Nassib put up duds today unfortunately. Can't speak for the actual performances - just checked the box scores.

Shadowlight

Master
For as much as we're told the One Drop Rule was a racist creation of whites blacks seem to believe it more than any other race.

An athlete could be 5/16 Irish, 5/16 Cherokee, 5/16 Japanese and 1/16 Black but if he's a good athlete the media and blacks will consider him black.

I agree 100%.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Janis fractured his hand ESPN Milwaukee is reporting..