2016 Training Camp and Pre-Season

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Any see CINN Alex Ericsson's boss return tonight. great strength and speed.
Yea, it was very nice.

Alex also had the other touchdown for Cincinnati. A 3 yard reception. Hopefully he can build off this game, have a strong preseason and make the team.

Watched the Falcons-Redskins game Thurs night..
Washington QB Nate Sudfeld had a nice preseason debut. 10 for 15, 89 yards and a TD. I think Washington is a good spot for a young QB right now.. good receiving corps, and I think Cousins will be a good tutor.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Erickson going undrafted was a sick joke. Elite numbers and put up great stats as outside receiver at Wisconsin. Glad to see him flashing his talent in NFL but almost guarantee Bengals Will purge him.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
That punt return by Erickson was great -balance, agility and speed were all on display.

Billigsley also played well for the Lions. I didn't not even know who he was so I was pleasantly surprised to see him out there excelling.

PHillisFan

Master
Bills are my team to hate this year. Can't stand fat rex or Black power Doug.

** Bill's dwfs calling me names on Twitter because I think they over paid and over invested in Taylor. Lol

Bills dwfs are retarded. Mostly liberal ideology. It seems they protected themselves on the deal. If he plays terrible they can cut him in offseason. At least Dougtavious is on the fence about his black quarterback.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Such sad news about Jeff Janis. I wonder if he will be cut now. I hope not. If he is there will be teams ready to sign
him in my honest opinion.

PHillisFan

Master
Such sad news about Jeff Janis. I wonder if he will be cut now. I hope not. If he is there will be teams ready to sign
him in my honest opinion.

Very unfortunate coming off last year. Seems he a game time player and not very good practice player. If GB cuts him NE would be a great landing spot once he is healthy.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a couple current Weenieworld tidbits.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Rams are expected to extend contract-year coach Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead before the start of the regular season. This farce has been unfolding since the winter, when it was first reported the recently-relocated Rams wanted to lock Fisher up through their L.A.-rebuilding years. Headed into his 22nd season as an NFL head coach, Fisher hasn't won more than eight games since 2008, and has cleared the mark just twice in his past 11 campaigns. As our friends at Turf Show Times point out, Fisher is 10 losses away from having the most in NFL history. In other words, he should be on the shortest leash imaginable, but instead has as much job security as Bill Belichick. The Rams are unlikely to ever get over the hump with Fisher on the sideline.

I agree with this. Maybe Fisher's being rewarded for decisively turning away from that brief period in his coaching career a decade ago when he was actually pretty fair to White players -- when half of Tennessee's defensive players were White and WRs Drew Bennett and Eddie Berlin were playing on offense. I don't mean that seriously, but Fisher does have some strange sway when it comes to being hired and given longevity that few other mediocre coaches ever have.

Cowboys signed C Travis Frederick to a six-year, $56.4 million contract. This deal had been in the works for awhile. Widely panned as a first-round pick in the 2013 draft, Frederick has silenced his skeptics and then some. Frederick, 25, has started 48-of-48 games since entering the league and earned a Pro Bowl berth in each of the last two seasons. He was named a second-team All Pro by the Associated Press and a first-teamer by Pro Football Focus in 2015. Frederick is the pivot on the NFL's most dominant offensive line.

There's very few White players who get drafted that aren't "widely panned" by the caste media and the DWF clapping seals who take their cues from them. Even guys like Vigil and Kwiatkowski who were drafted in the 3rd and 4th rounds this year were instantly pilloried by the Know Nothings. Congrats to Travis Frederick for getting the nice contract.

PHillisFan

Master
Weenieworld:
Lions coach Jim Caldwell talked up second-year RB Zach Zenner following his 56-total-yard performance in the preseason opener.

"He’s a valuable member of our special teams, but he’s also a guy that’s very versatile from the backfield," said Caldwell. "He can run the ball. He also has an uncanny ability to catch the ball out the backfield and find seams. He’s a well-rounded player. Very smart and makes very few mistakes." Zenner has emerged as the favorite for No. 3 running back duties in Detroit.

Zenner should at least be the backup. Incredibly ridiculous.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Zenner needs to beat out Ridley as the Lions' "big back." Abdullah and Riddick are both small scatback types and Riddick is almost purely a receiver with no running ability. If Zach beats out Ridley he has a chance to get a fair amount of rushes and receptions as well as be their goal line runner, "has a chance" being the operative words when it comes to the Caste NFL.

Westside

Hall of Famer
No doubt that one of the affelets will get injured. Zack needs to stay healthy this year himself and showcase his skills. Also, if Ridley plays like he did at NE., Zach will be competing for playing time. Zach's time will increase with the injury or failure of the "room brighten smiling ones." It the way of the NFL.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Some more football news:

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe said TE Clay Harbor "better watch out" after A.J. Derby's strong showing in Thursday's preseason opener against the Saints.

Derby snared three catches for 47 yards while Harbor came up empty on his lone target. It looked like Harbor's roster spot was safe after the Pats lost blocking tight end Michael Williams to a torn ACL but now he may have to watch his back with Derby coming on strong. Both are hoping to land a job as the No. 3 tight end behind Rob Gronkowski and Martellus Bennett.

Former NFL trainer Mike Ryan reports Carson Wentz (ribs) will not be able to throw "hard" for two-to-three weeks.

Wentz suffered a hairline fracture to his ribs in the preseason opener, an injury which will prevent him from taking contact for around a month. He was never going to take the No. 1 job from Sam Bradford, but he could have used the preseason reps. Wentz will likely open the season as a gameday inactive.

I also noticed alot of hype around Prescott who did have a good performance vs. St. Louis last night but saw no mention of Div 3 Joe Callahan who played very well in the same situation as Prescott. Callahan's performance was promising and hopefully he will build on it.

Also the Toucan isn't playing tonight so it will be Gabbert and Driskel. I am also interested to see how Savage does tonight.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Some more football news:

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe said TE Clay Harbor "better watch out" after A.J. Derby's strong showing in Thursday's preseason opener against the Saints.

Derby snared three catches for 47 yards while Harbor came up empty on his lone target. It looked like Harbor's roster spot was safe after the Pats lost blocking tight end Michael Williams to a torn ACL but now he may have to watch his back with Derby coming on strong. Both are hoping to land a job as the No. 3 tight end behind Rob Gronkowski and Martellus Bennett.

Former NFL trainer Mike Ryan reports Carson Wentz (ribs) will not be able to throw "hard" for two-to-three weeks.

Wentz suffered a hairline fracture to his ribs in the preseason opener, an injury which will prevent him from taking contact for around a month. He was never going to take the No. 1 job from Sam Bradford, but he could have used the preseason reps. Wentz will likely open the season as a gameday inactive.

I also noticed alot of hype around Prescott who did have a good performance vs. St. Louis last night but saw no mention of Div 3 Joe Callahan who played very well in the same situation as Prescott. Callahan's performance was promising and hopefully he will build on it.

Also the Toucan isn't playing tonight so it will be Gabbert and Driskel. I am also interested to see how Savage does tonight.

Yup Callahan looked great! Really impressed with his mobility and pocket presence. Very accurate and strong arm he looks like a lock to be GBs 3rd QB! Lard ass Williams threw an int when he came in to relieve Callahan.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tyler Higbee said to be "dripping with long-term upside." Wow! He makes history and becomes the first White player to receive such a gay distinction heretofore only bestowed up blacks. Maybe since he was arrested last year they figure he's of the Magical Race. (But note how his arrest is greatly exaggerated to compensate.)

Would be nice to see Jared Goff and Higbee develop and become stars together. And if Jeff Fisher has any fairness in him left at all he'll give Nelson Spruce the chance to shine, especially as the Rams keep drafting black receivers that keep flopping, much like they do with sumo o-linemen.

Tyler Higbee headed for serious rookie role with Rams
Los Angeles Rams rookie tight end Tyler Higbee "appears headed for serious playing time" as a rookie, ESPN's Steve Dilbeck reports.

WHAT IT MEANS:
Higbee is dripping with long-term upside as a former wide receiver in a tight end's body, but the same could have been said for former Ram Jared Cook. It's tough to see him as anything more than a second-tier fantasy option in a sad offense, especially considering the fact that Higbee still has severe off-field issues and faces potential league discipline for a violent assault.

Our algorithms project Higbee for just 19 catches for 211 yards and 2.12 touchdowns this year, second on his own team.
https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/play...gbee-headed-for-serious-rookie-role-with-rams

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Severe off-field issues? Lol - that is a joke. Higbee is going to be a good one. Spruce looked great yesterday as well. It's amazing to see the guys who get passed over every year in April just come out and disprove the caste system in August during preseason.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Joe Callahan is from Division III. It makes you wonder if he was black would he have gotten a Division I scholarship?

RTTAS

Guru
John Simon with a 41 yd fumble recover for a TD!

Vance McDonald with a very nice TD catch too - made this texans LB McKinney (2015 draft pick 43, 1 career sack 0 forced fumbles 0 interceptions) fall over while covering him then sped right past the safety.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Nick O'Leary and Blake Annen looked good for Buffalo in their preseason game against Indy. If Buffalo practice squads O'Leary, some other team better pick him up. In a Caste-free NFL, Annen would be on someone's 53-man roster... DET, SF, LAR, IND, NYG, ATL.

Rams' Matt Longacre is a powerful DE that moves well, dat motor! Bryce Hager is the real deal. Ravens' rookie OT - Alex Lewis - is a good one.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Good article on the Rams. Praising Higbee and Spruce and mentioning what we have all known for some years - that the Rams WRs suck.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20160814/bonsignore-what-was-learned-from-the-rams-preseason-opener

SPRUCE MAKING A PUSH >> Nelson Spruce is the all-time leading pass catcher in Pac-12 history. Let that dance around your head a bit before remembering he went undrafted last April.

Done laughing?

Or cringing?

Me too.

Whatever NFL scouts penalized Spruce for in measurables, he makes up for in intangibles. Like impeccable footwork off the line of scrimmage, which buys him back the split-second he lacks in prototypical wide receiver speed. Spruce’s footwork enables him to get past faster defenders off the line of scrimmage, which means he’s a step ahead of them from the get go. That’s critical at this stage. Throw in his precision route running and sure hands, and all of a sudden it doesn’t matter that he doesn’t run a world-class 40-yard dash. The point is to get open and catch the ball, and Spruce has been doing that all during camp and continued to do so on Saturday.