Caste matchups week three

Highlander

Mentor
Did anyone just catch the total idiocy from Herbstreit??
It usually happens whenever he opens his mouth. But I didn't hear it this time. What did he say?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i have spent the evening with some Razorback fans, with the Hog game on their tv (whilst i watch more appealing fare on my laptop), and it was a cacaphony of errors by "spectacular" affletes (Troy is nearly all black, and so of course the announcers insist they have SEC-caliber affletes). blown assignments, penalties, fumbles, and most of all dropped passes were the rule of the day.

while it wasn't a sharp performance by Arkansas' talented quarterback Tyler Wilson, but i feel especially bad for Corey Robinson. i don't know that i've ever paid any attention to this sophomore, but the kid can flat out play (he was the Sun Belt Freshman of the Year last season, as well). not only is he probably the Trojans' best runner, he is poised in the pocket and VERY accurate.

sadly, though, this kid literally had over half a dozen in-the-end-zone passes dropped. blatantly. f-ing. dropped. all by those "phenomenal" affletes. and that's just counting passes in-the-end-zone that hit both hands of his "receivers." i'm not counting the other blatant drops that occurred in the field of play which would not have automatically counted as points. in a game filled with errors and poor play, this White man was the brightest of spots. as it was, he still threw for 363 yards and 3 touchdowns with only 1 interception. he was 36 of 63, though ... with AT LEAST 15 dropped balls. minimum. it was painful to watch.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Kansas ran the ball 42 times today in their laughable blowout loss to Georgia Tech. Brandon Bourbon got 1 carry.
Meanwhile, Josh Smith washed three of Turner Gill's cars for $30.

I'd say Smith had the best day out of the white RBs for Kansas.
When I tuned in to this game and saw that the starting Kansas D was coal black without a single white starter, I knew they were going to get rolled by the triple option. 66 points was the result. Amazing how that works, huh?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
RE: Herbstreit

Saying that Florida State became defeated when E.J. Manuel went out with injury.. that, essentially, FSU had no chance with Trickett (my words: despite the fact that Trickett led the game-tying drive and got the crowd very loud and involved)...

He then gave a "backhanded" comment to Trickett..

Riddlewire

Master
i have spent the evening with some Razorback fans, with the Hog game on their tv

I watched some of it.
They won't win more than one conference game with that offensive line. And the DWFs will blame Tyler for all of it. Along with the pleading to see the "mobile" Mitchell take over the starting role.

Highlander

Mentor
BYU imploding. Heaps reverting back to playing like he was during the first half of last season as a true freshman. Not good. I expected a lot more out of him this year, even to be close to the level of Andrew Luck, but that ain't happening. BYU's defense deserves better than this offense...they can't do it all.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Heaps is terrible and he has been like this all season. If they win it's only because their defense. I not surprise Rivals.com was high on Heaps. Much like they were high on Xavier Lee.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Line looked good, his yards would have been better if not for the fact that they had so many big plays with Beasley. Also the QB from Kansas State Klien looked good running the ball.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Watching the Stanford-Arizona tilt. Both teams would be much better with fewer stone-handed black receivers and clumsy 5-star affletes in the backfield. Also watched the USC game against Syracuse. My son commented "didn't USC used to be 'tailback U'?" and I just observed that virtually every back on the USC roster is a 3+ star recruit. He said that they would be poor performers on his schools freshman squad:)

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Luck decides to throw to the pasty-faced guys on a late 3rd quarter drive and the result is a 16 yard touchdown pass to the slow-footed, stiff hipped, unathletic Zach Ertz who managed to somehow craftily outfox a superior afflete who was covering him.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Over the last week, the MSM has really been pushing the idea that "blacks have the size to excel at QB." This is not a new angle for them, but I see them pushing it more heavily.

You have guys like Morgan Newton that have been total busts, and the media is "mystified" by this because "he has size" and the requisite "rocket arm" of course...

You have guys like E.J. Manuel, who, to this point, hasn't been a total bust.. but is hardly the super-duper Adonis or Ebony Titan that the media tried to "magically" turn him into. I mean, my GOODNESS!!!

Terrelle Pryor is another one that = Media Creation. Jordan Jefferson had "size" (that, btw, magically made him a 4-star). When I observe QBs, I care more about them possessing "actual skills" than about their size. This pro-Caste size-nonsense is infecting college football, and it serves to dumb-down the populace, especially so at a position like QB.

With this narrative continuing to grow, it won't be long before there are 300-pound "QBs" and the talking-heads will say -- "Look at his great size! Look at all that upside in his jiggling fat rolls! He deserves a decade to finely-tune and refine all of that potential! He could become better than JaMarcus! And that rocket arm is amazzzing, and will make Whitey go the way of the dinosaur!"

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Deadlift, I have to agree with you. It looks like the push for black quarterbacks in college football is reaching fever pitch. It seems they are at almost every college now, its disturbing. Also, the spread offenses have made it easier for QBs to put up inflated stats and appear to be good competent QBs. If things keep going this way college football is going to turn into basketball and I will be tuning out.:crazy:

Highlander

Mentor
RE: Herbstreit

Saying that Florida State became defeated when E.J. Manuel went out with injury.. that, essentially, FSU had no chance with Trickett (my words: despite the fact that Trickett led the game-tying drive and got the crowd very loud and involved)...

He then gave a "backhanded" comment to Trickett..
Sounds like Herbstreit has found a new love to replace his last one, Masoli. He may just be broken-hearted and defensive about what happened to his new love.

And, of course they are pushing black quarterbacks big-time now, just look at Rivals or Scouts. Wiser teams would pursue QBs in the mold of Kellen Moore, who, although generously listed at 5'11", 191lbs, has the far more important mental capabilities and nuances to be a great quarterback than Manuel could ever dream of. It could say something about the type of receivers a school has, too.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Margus Hunt blocks his fourth kick this year and 14th of his career.

he actually blocked this kick with his chest. oh, if White men could only jump ... *smirk*

margus hunt forgets that he can't jump.JPG

On a very bad note. Louisiana Tech's Ray Holley had 22 carries and 2 tds but only 68 yards. San Jose State's Ben Thompson had 1 carry. Indiana's Matt Perez did not look good. Iowa State's Jeff Woody is now third string behind James White. Ohio's Beau Blankenship had a poor game. Army's Johnathan Crucitty had a lousy game. Fresono State's Devyn Wilie had two more rushes than he had receptions. And Louisiana Monroes Mitchell Bailey had 1 run for negative yardage and Derek Lawson from Arkansas State continues to struggle.
On the good front Navy's Bo Snelson and John Howell had good games again in a loss to South Carolina. ALexander Teich also might have an outside chance in the NFL.

On a small positive note. Cornerback Brandon Hardin is expected back this week after that shoulder injury. Boston College cornerback James McCaffrey is playing well as a backup as is Alex Lauricella at Tulane. Seth Cunningham is slated to start at corner for Akron next year. Nick Stoner is expected to garner some time with Indiana next year as he has redshirted. Kentucky cornerback Daylen Hall has been redshirted and SMU rookie corner Mike Sparling impressed coaches this fall camp but the team is laden with seniors. Northwestern senior corner Ricky Weina has seen the field some and apparently a walk on corner from Stanford named Tim Geithner ( spelling?) turned some heads at camp.
Greg Heban looks to start for 2 more years at Indiana though I can' find out what happened to corner Matt Ernest or Boise State's Dane Turner.
For receivers, Wilson Van Hooser is averaging 21.2 ypc for Tulane on 5 passes. When his speedy brother Fudge gets there next year I will definitely watch them. If only BC utilized Alex Amidon more.

On a small positive note. Cornerback Brandon Hardin is expected back this week after that shoulder injury. Boston College cornerback James McCaffrey is playing well as a backup as is Alex Lauricella at Tulane. Seth Cunningham is slated to start at corner for Akron next year. Nick Stoner is expected to garner some time with Indiana next year as he has redshirted. Kentucky cornerback Daylen Hall has been redshirted and SMU rookie corner Mike Sparling impressed coaches this fall camp but the team is laden with seniors. Northwestern senior corner Ricky Weina has seen the field some and apparently a walk on corner from Stanford named Tim Geithner ( spelling?) turned some heads at camp.
Greg Heban looks to start for 2 more years at Indiana though I can' find out what happened to corner Matt Ernest or Boise State's Dane Turner.
For receivers, Wilson Van Hooser is averaging 21.2 ypc for Tulane on 5 passes. When his speedy brother Fudge gets there next year I will definitely watch them. If only BC utilized Alex Amidon more.
On further review Akron's Seth Cunningham has actually started 2 out of 3 at corner with 6 tackles but no passes defended yet. :biggrin: