2010 NFL Draft

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I have to believe that one of these rounds will have a run on white players...the 4th round should be interesting.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
Wake up people.
The NFL is a fraud.
It's an entertainment product. Just like the WWE. Is it so hard to believe that everything about it is carefully manufactured? They can only go so far to control what happens on the field, but they can easily engineer the 'Face Of The Sport'.
This draft was carefully scripted days or weeks ago. There are no 'draft day' decisions. All the teams have coordinated to get the players required by the NFL script writers. ESPN collaborates with their broadcast and they split the advertising money with the NFL.

I agree with some of what you say, but wouldn't the script have called for Jahvid Best and Taylor Mays to be selected higher than they were?

Also, how many "average Joes" are interested in so many DTs being chosen? This question can also be extended to the numerous O-line picks as well.

There weren't very many "glamorous" selections in this Draft.

Sorry to keep rambling, one more thing I forgot to add: I just checked out Chester Taylor's numbers as a Viking. In his 3 years asPeterson's backup, he had between 94-157 carries per year(29-44 receptions per year). I think thatan educated guessis that Toby gets around 125-175touches this year.

Kiwi

This thread is seriously some of the most depressing stuff I've read in a long time. The double standard is so blatant it would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. The worst thing is though, this situation is only going to get worse. In order to overhaul the NFL, there needs to be a complete overhaul in the way Americans think about sport, and indeed life in general. Change has to come from below, because there is no way that it is going to be intitiated from the top. The NFL in the form it is today, and the 'values' that it represents, are merely the reflection of the society itself. Truly, this is the NFL that America deserves.

The draft is only going to get worse and worse in the next decade. One player is not going to make a difference. Even if a guy like Gerhart or Tebow gets a legitimate shot at the NFL and goes on to have a successful career, they are never going to be a 'castebuster'. It does not matter how good a white athlete is at a given position, because that is not the issue. Look at the offensive line. No matter how good they are, white players are gradually being phased out of the Tackle position, and are being forced to become Guards. As soon as Tackle becomes a 'black' position, how long do you think it will be before Guards and Centres become the next target. Why is the NFL still obsessed with promoting the superiority of the black quarterback, despite all evidence to the contrary? It certainly has no correlation to reality, that is for certain.

The reality is, there is a systematic shift going on in the NFL, and has for a long time, that will not stop until every playing and coaching position is dominated by blacks. White players will continue to be present in some limited capacity, but they will operate in a league that is ethnically, culturally and philosophically 'black'.

I cannot foresee any way in which this system can be changed in the near future. An influx of European players into the NFL as had occurred in the NHL and NBA is merely a pipe-dream. The game is just not popular enough and with its convoluted rules it is far to inaccesable for most people outside of America to pick up easily. As well as that, the product is downright awful as well. How can a league that is so popular showcase such poor handling skills, dreadful tackling technique, excessive showboating, unfit players and incessant advertisements? Given the state of the game at the moment, it shouldn't be much of a sacrifice to boycott the NFL. If enough people vote with their feet, maybe that will help to reverse the direction in which the NFL is going.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Mike Tomlin sucks.

Kevin Colbert sucks.

The Steelers needed a receiver and passed on both Shipley and Decker in the 3rd round to take Emmanuel Sanders from SMU.

The 1st rounder, Maurkice Pouncey, is a pretty good player.

The 2nd rounder, Jason Worilds, is not. He might be a workout warrior, but he's not a productive player, and the ESPN talking heads even admitted as much.

There was a good article in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette the other day detailing how poorly Kevin Colbert has drafted since he took the reins of player development in 2003. Some good first rounders to be sure, but one flop after the other from the second round onwards.

Tomlin won't be able to win with many of Cowher's old players after another season, and clueless Caste Whore Colbert will draft them into oblivion.

But not to worry as the DWFs in Pittsburgh will have Dennis Dixon to keep 'em all fired up and, if Tomlin is still the coach in the '12 season, the Steelers will sport nearly a black roster minus the K/P/LS.

You reap what you sow, Steelers. You wanted this with your Rooney Rule B.S.

Well, you got it.

Perhaps one more good season and then down the crapper.Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully Toby will play with a huge chip on his shoulder. It's about time the long standing "psychological advantage" blacks have had over whites in this country is ended. White menare the real (n-word) when it comes to sports and everything else in this country. Edited by: Don Wassall

foobar75

Master
The first 3 rounds of this black-fest, aka the NFL draft, have been extremly disappointing and discouraging. I really don't know what I would've done without CF. At least I can come here, read the comments, vent my own frustrations, and let off some steam. So for that, I'm very thankful that CF exists!

The last 2 days feels like a nightmare. One no-good afflete after another being drafted, while talented white players are sitting and waiting. To make things worse, some of these picks are either going to hurt existing white players already on rosters, while the handful of whites who have been drafted may or may not get a fair chance.

How can you fight against a machine like this? The system is so deeply constructed now, starting at HS and then college and beyond, that there's no light at the end of the tunnel.So-called Scouts and experts appear to command a lot of influence, and they have totally transformed what it means to be a football player. Even the few positions whites are allowed to play, such as offensive lineman, is starting to go extinct, slowly but surely.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
We have to keep on doing what we're doing, and intensify it. We know we've had an effect already, there's no question about that. We have to keep raising the consciousness of athletes, their friends and families, and fans in general. It seems like an impossible task but it isn't; this ridiculous draft may in some small way be a reaction by the Caste System against the increase in awareness that's out there. But enough whites have tostop hating their race and its glorious history and regain their pride as white men (and women) for this madness to stop.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
The biggest thing to stand out in my mind after three rounds of this draft is Brandon Spikes being drafted today.

Nothing exemplifies the Caste System more than this, IMO.

How can a guy who runs a 5.0 40 get drafted to play LB?

This is just sickening.

When Jamie Silva ran 4.7/4.8, he didn't get drafted to play S, but luckily for him he finally got a chance with the Colts.

But Brandon Spikes not only got drafted, he got picked fairly high and the slowpoke 40 time was basically dismissed as an aberration for an otherwise supremely talented black afflete.

PATHETIC

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wow depressing as hell, im pretty down right now..

Childress said this: "I think you see a very versatile athlete there," Childress said. "I know he carried the ball between the tackles [at Stanford], ... but he's exceptional in the pass game. It's not something that was highly emphasized there. I know the system that [Stanford] runs, and he'll come in here and be able to adapt very quickly. He gives you a bigger body, whether it's a backup running back or a special teamer."

Westside

Hall of Famer
The only time I will venture to watch a game this season is if one of our marquee athelets plays.

All of the castesystem and society problems against whites happeaned because a lot of white chose to roll over to get "rolled over" by the PTB and other miscreants CMs. Rather than say "what f..k you doing"? No on my watch!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I see Armanti Edwards went in the third round what a joke.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
This country is clearly f**ked up. Pissed that we have LET this happen. Callin it a night, from here on my goal is to slowly let go of this game..

TwentyTwo

Master
Leonardfan said:
I have to believe that one of these rounds will have a run on white players...the 4th round should be interesting.

What kind of run are we talking about here?? Seriously...10-12 whites in one of these rounds??

Yes Don...I believe I am fortunate enough to join CF (a few months ago) at a pivotal time in sports when things hopefully/slowly begin to tilt backto a more favorably....in these short months we have witnessed "1st RB" Heisman-runner up in decades &and NCAA Championship(Duke/Butler) in 12 years! The 2011 HS Class seems to have white RB's than in recent memory and some promising DB's(of course still no CB's allowed).....

It's easy for all this to get depressing...but we must persevere!

The Packers, Patriots & Colts refuse to budge...remain a strong-hold for O-Lineman...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I feel like most of you guys do. Very down but we have to keep our heads up. Watch more college football. Watch less of the NFL. Until they treat our players with the respect they deserve. Even Tom Brady was a 7th round draft pick. Their talent will win out in the end as long as these teams have the smarts to play them. Welker is another great example. It sucks that it has to be this way.

Toby needs to play angry. He needs to demand to get the ball. I worry about the artifial turf and his knee. I wanted him to go to another team where he would play on grass. Oh well. I will say that I'm a Vikings Fan now. Let's see how they treat him. Hoping for the best!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't advocate not watching the NFL because it's important to document what's going on. If we don't stay on top of what's going on then who will?I'm sure if we went over past NFL Draft threads here it would be the same feelings every year, although admittedly this has been the worst one so far.But if some more White receivers get picked in the 4th round, some more QBs and some LBs it will end up not much worse than usual. Ifit ends up with Toby and say 5 receivers drafted that will be far better than any draft in that respect for quite a while.

I recommend trying fantasy football for those who hate the NFL's caste system as one way to keep up with the players while having some fun at the same time.
smiley2.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
from rotoworld, something positive to say about white WR? can't be:

Broncos selected Minnesota WR Eric Decker with the No. 87 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

He's a steal this late, dropping down the board due to a senior-year Lisfranc fracture. With Decker as the presumed flanker and Demaryius Thomas at split end, the Broncos now have their wide receiver duo of the future. Decker is the Gophers' all-time leading receiver, goes 6-foot-2, 205, and projects as an impact, chain-moving, and potentially high-scoring possession receiver with a higher upside than Kevin Walter. Due to the injury, though, he won't be overly good bet for playing time early in his rookie season. If Eddie Royal isn't ticketed for the slot (as he should be), the Broncos are showing that they have little faith in him long term.
Related: Eddie Royal

Europe

Mentor
I heard Tom Jackson talking about Penn St linebacker Sean Lee and he started to say that he is surpising athletic, but then he caught himself and said no not surprising because Jack Ham was the most athletic linebacker he's seen. Obviously, it was about being white.

Most of the commentary about Toby Gerhart has been favorable. The thinking is that he will get a lot of carries. IMO Houston was afraid to draft Gerhart and install him as their Number 1 runner. What if he didn't pan out? The press would mercilessly ridicule them, Houston figures.

If Peterson falls apart in Minnesota, the Vikings will be expected to use Gerhart as the main runner. If he comes through big, the Vikings look like geniuses.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Been out working a lot the last couple days...Don, bigunreal and Riddlewire have a point that some things that happened in this draft may be the caste system "fighting back" against the small increase in awareness of what's going on in the U.S in sports. Add to this an increase in awareness (and a grassroots tea party movement) to how anti-white, anti-male, anti-Christian the U.S has become from a growing number of people (mostly whites). The NFL has become America's unofficial seasonal religion- and they have done it while building a white emasculating, black supremacy house of cards. Why would they take a risk to allow the caste system to be exposed more than it already has in the last couple years by Welker, Hillis and some moderates in the media and awaken more DWFs? The white fans don't appear to be giving up on anything NFL yet (while they shuffle down $8 hotdogs, guzzle bear and check their fantasy football rosters).

Peterson is IMO the 3rd best RB in the league after Chris Johnson and Ray Rice, but he has been the top back in the league quite recently. Why would the Vikings use a pick in the 1st half of the 2nd round on the white Doak award winning RB for a Chester Taylor/ Kevin Faulk type role (primarily change of pace/ 3rd down RB) and a special teamer?

Should I try to be an optimist lol. The only sliver lining I can see here is that he will probably get as many touches as Chester Taylor. If Peterson struggles with fumblitis or injuries- I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility that Gerhart could somehow seize a featured role with Peterson not resigned or being traded away- sometime in the future. The Vikings also do have an elite run blocking line.

The Patriots would have been the best fit IMO. The Texans would seem to be a good fit, but their diveted grass field has been a disaster for knee injuries. The Chargers have a below average blocking line and whether it was Matthews or Gerhart, someone was going to be "pushed into" taking a possible tailback role from Hester. Gerhart will have a chance to average over 5 YPC behind the Viking line as a rookie if Favre is still under center keeping the D honest, but will it be enough carries to prove to meat-headed fans that it's not an aberration? It didn't seem to awaken enough "geniuses" when Hillis did this.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
sport historian said:
Most of the commentary about Toby Gerhart has been favorable. The thinking is that he will get a lot of carries. IMO Houston was afraid to draft Gerhart and install him as their Number 1 runner. What if he didn't pan out? The press would mercilessly ridicule them, Houston figures.

If Peterson falls apart in Minnesota, the Vikings will be expected to use Gerhart as the main runner. If he comes through big, the Vikings look like geniuses.

Good point, I'm apt to think that if Gerhart was drafted in the 1st round by San Diego, New England or Houston & got injured (or even performed like an average tailback) the reaction by DWFs and the media would have been disastrously & rabidly negative to the pick. This is a low pressure situation for Gerhart "and us" & he just might play like a firestorm, despite his 2nd team status!

Even if Gerhart gets pushed into obscurity like Jacob Hester- despite talent- (or under performs a bit for where he was drafted like Brian Leonard)- we will never have to worry about hearing about him as an overrated "Tommy Vardell like" RB bust. This could have been pushed in our face as another building block for the caste system even though most of Vardell's "under performance" was due to injury.

Highlander

Mentor
Some articles on Toby from the Minnesota media:
</font>
</font>
Toby's Post-Draft Selection Q&amp;A Conference Call with the Media</font>
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/91985964.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiacyKU7DYaGEP7vDEh7P:DiUs

</font><h1>Gerhart shows replacing Taylor was a priority</h1>...

"Gerhart looks like a fullback at 6-foot and 231 pounds, but
don't be
fooled by his appearance. He's clearly a tailback with a nice mix of
third-down skills and short-yardage power. He's a punishing
between-the-tackles runner who also is athletic and fast enough to play
in the NFL."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/91986099.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiacyKU7DYaGEP7vDEh7P:DiUs

<h1>Bieniemy reunited with Gerhart</h1>http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Garhart-Conference-Call-Transcript/79f1b9f4-7621-47b9-8e7b-babe03eea05e
</font>

Europe said:
I heard Tom Jackson talking about Penn St linebacker Sean Lee and he started to say that he is surpising athletic, but then he caught himself and said no not surprising because Jack Ham was the most athletic linebacker he's seen. Obviously, it was about being white.

We all know that the "hes a white guy which equals hes not an athlete" sentiment that the sports pundits espouse. However, compared to the rest, Tom Jackson is pretty fair to white players. Last year I heard him say "Chad Greenway is currentlythe mostathletic linebacker in the NFL"