Week 10 2006

backrow

Hall of Famer
Offense

Mike Furrey WR Lions: 2 for 13
smiley19.gif

Dan Campbell TE Lions: 2 catches for 32 yards including 8 yard TD catch

Chris Cooley TE Redskins: 3 catches for 39 yards

Wes Welker WR Dolphins: 3 for 46 yards, longest catch went for 30 yards; had 3 kick returns for 22.3 average and 4 punt returns for 14 yard avg

Todd Heap TE Ravens: 4 receptions for 49 yards

Matt Jones WR Jaguars: only 1 catch for 11 yards... Gerard threw 2 of his 4 interceptions trying to go to Matt
smiley11.gif

Dallas Clark TE Colts: 3 catches for 28 yards

Ben Utecht H-Back Colts: 7 catches for 66 yards, career highs

Stephen Alexander TE Broncos: 6 catches for 49 yards

Nate Jackson TE Broncos: 3 catches for 33 yards

David Kircus WR Broncos: 1 catch for 15 yards, 2 punt returns for 28.5 avg (long 42 yards)!

John Madsen TE Raiders: 1 catch for 25 yards

Jason Witten TE Cowboys: 5 catches for 58 yards

Heath Miller TE Steelers: 3 catches for 30 yards, including 2 yard TD catch

Adam Bergen TE Cardinals: 3 catches for 30 yards

Jeremy Shockey TE Giants: 1 catch for 15 yards... even Madden was saying that they have to use Shockey more, since he fired them up and is along with Barber their main guy...
smiley19.gif
Eli had a bad game, 2 interceptions and 3 fumbles...

Owen Daniels TE Texans: 4 catches for 55 yards, long for 21; Kevin Walter had 2 catches for 16 yards and Jeb Putzier had 1 catch for 10 yards

David Anderson WR Texans: zip

Eric Johnson TE 49ers: 2-7

Drew Bennett WR Titans: great first half, 5 catches for 105 yards only one catch for 10 in the second half... still, a great game, 115 receiving yards

Mark Campbell TE Saints: 1 for 5

Mike Karney FB Saints: 1 carry for 1 yard, 2 catches for 8 yards

Joe Jurevicius WR Browns: 2 catches for 4 yards... WTF
smiley7.gif

Kevin Curtis WR Rams: 3 catches for 22 yards

Heath Evans FB Patriots: 2 carries for 8 yards, longest for 7

Tim Dwight WR Jets: 2 catches for 14 yards, 1 punt return for 15 yards

Brad Hoover FB Panthers: his best game is a long time, 5 carries for 14 yards including a 5 yard TD... also had 3 catches for 18 yards... got 6 fist downs!

Mike Alstott FB Bucs: 2 carries for 3 yards, 1 first down, two catches for 16 yards... had another great opportunity for nice gain close to the end zone but dropped the ball
smiley18.gif

Defense

Chris Hovan DT Bucs: 3 tackles

Barrett Ruud LB Bucs: another start replacing Quarles, 6 tackles, 1 for a loss

Brian Urlacher LB Bears: 8 tackles; Hunter Hillenmeyer and Todd Johnson also started but registered only 3 tackles between them... Hunter had 2 passes defended.

Zach Thomas LB Dolphins: 7 tackls and 1 sack, his first of the season

Kyle Vanden Bosch DE Titans: 1 tackle

Travis LaBoy DE Titans: 3 tackles

Peter Sirmon LB Titans: 2 tackles

Kelly Gregg DT Ravens: 9 combined tackles, 2 for a loss

Scott Fujita LB Saints: 4 tackles

Scott Shanle LB Saints: 8 tackles, 1 sack

Brian Young DT Saints: 4 tackles

AJ Hawk LB Packers: his best game as a pro (way to prove hids doubters wrong) with 13 tackles, 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble
smiley32.gif

Brady Poppinga LB Packers: 3 tackles, 1 sack and a forced fumble

Aaron Kampman DE Packers: 2 tackles

Justin Smith DE Bengals: 3 tackles

Caleb Miller LB Bengals: 3 tackles

Igor Olshasnky DE Chargers: 1 sack

Keith Brooking LB Falcons: 6 tackles, recovered fumble

Patrick Kerney DE Falcons: got injured in the first half after making 2 tackles

Paul Carrington DE Falcons: replaced injured Kerney and got his first NFL sack plus 4 tackles!
smiley32.gif

Josh Mallard DE Falcons: 1 sack

Mike Vrabel LB Patriots: 1 tackle...
smiley5.gif

Tedy Bruschi LB Patriots: 16 combined tackles

Jared Allen DE Chiefs: 8 tackles, including a sack and 2 tackles for a loss
smiley32.gif

Stuart Schweigert SS Raiders: 5 solo tackles

Grant Wistrom DE Seahawks: 5 tackles, 1 sack

Matt McCoy LB Eagles: 7 tackles

Sean Considine SS Eagles: 4 tackles, although Lewis was on the field more than him

Rob Meier DE Jaguars: 4 tackles, 2 for loss or no gain

Nick Greisen LB Jaguars: 5 tackles

Aaron Smith DE Steelers: 5 tackles

Brett Keisel DE Steelers: 8 tackles including 1 sack and 1 yard fumble recovery

Jared DeVries DE Lions: 5 tackles, Jon McGraw recovered a fumble

Josh Thomas DE Colts: 3 tackles

John Lynch FS Broncos: 3 tackles

Brandon Chillar LB Rams: 3 tackles, 1 sack

Brian Russell FS Browns: 3 tackles

Eric Smith FS Jets: 2 tackles

Brett Kassell LB Jets: 3 tackles, Matt Chatham also had 3 tackles

Aaron Schobel DE Bills: 2 tackles, forced fumble

Chris Kelsay, Ryan Denney DEs Bills: 5 combined tackles

Jason Babin LB/DE Texans: 3 tackles, 2 sacks
smiley1.gif

Aaron Francisco S Cardinals: 6 tackles

Comments

Adam Archuleta didn't get a single tackle... i wonder what will become of this great player now that he is officially guilty of all defensive woes of Redskins...
Edited by: backrow

backrow

Hall of Famer
Gerard is useless... he just threw his 4th interception of the game, no TDs for him either... 8 out of his 13 passes were completed to runningbacks... receivers had 1 catch each... disgusting display

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Watched a little of the Lions game, they were awful, especially on defense and they just kept turning the ball over on offense.

Their offense is really "white" for an NFL team. They started an all white offensive line, a white fullback, QB, TE and WR. That is 9 out 11 folks, those are BYU-ish numbers. Although they do rotate a black TE in a lot and rarely have the FB on the field.

I checked for Kasper but only saw him thrown to once, a horribly overthrown pass in the end zone. Unfortunately the fact that the Lions suck does little for our cause.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Also Jon McGraw Lions safety recovered a fumble. He was also flagged for a face mask 15 yarder, guess which one will be talked about more?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Archuleta wasnt even on the field for the playing defense so his tackle probably came on special teams. Maybe he can feel a little vindicated since the Eagles were sucessful on a large number of deep throws with Vincent and Taylor on the field so now the convienent scapegoat Archuleta was not responsible at all.

devans

Mentor
According to NFL.com Kircus has had a 42 yard punt return

Bart

Hall of Famer
Vick is starting to get booed. He's played poorly the last couple weeks, making careless errors to lose games. He was 16-40 passing.

Yahoo Sports:

ATLANTA (AP) -- Michael Vick sat on the Georgia Dome turf, looking around in disbelief while the boos came at him from all directions.

He lost the ball, his helmet -- and the game.

Vick threw two interceptions and had a careless fumble with 2:18 remaining, allowing the Cleveland Browns to escape with a 17-13 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.

For the second week in a row, the Falcons (5-4) lost to one of the NFL's worst teams. Again, Vick took the brunt of the blame, turning a once-promising season into an increasingly desperate situation -- especially with a rash of injuries on defense.

...Vick tried to run again on a draw up the middle, but the Browns sensed what was coming and forced him outside.

Vick began stumbling after cutting to his left and the ball, dangling loosely in his left hand, struck his knee and came loose. Jereme Perry, who was burned on White's long catch, swooped in to make the recovery while another Browns player knocked off Vick's helmet in the pile up.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Boy, I hope Eli pulls this one out!
smiley32.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
well, i want Chicago defense to win ;) obviously if Manning and Schockey can connect several more times, even better.

Leonardfan said:
Archuleta wasnt even on the field for the playing defense so his tackle probably came on special teams. Maybe he can feel a little vindicated since the Eagles were sucessful on a large number of deep throws with Vincent and Taylor on the field so now the convienent scapegoat Archuleta was not responsible at all.

No, it just means that McNabb is that good. ONly white guys get beat deep and suck in coverage, after all. When blacks have that happen, its because of the skilled opposing QB.
smiley18.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
From a review of Week 10 on NFL.com

The Jaguars' quarterback controversy won't go away any time soon. David Garrard, making his third successive start for Byron Leftwich, threw four interceptions. It should be noted that two of them came after Matt Jones allowed perfect throws to bounce out of his hands. Still, the question about whether Leftwich should get his starting job back will no doubt be debated.

Hmm... I wonder if T.O.'s drops are enough to warrant Drew Bledsoe getting his job back as the starting quarterback in Dallas?

How many of you have seen it written anywhere that the Eagles lead the league in dropped passes? They brought it up during the game but I haven't seen it mentioned in any articles that I've read. .

riggo

"How many of you have seen it written anywhere that the Eagles lead the league in dropped passes? They brought it up during the game but I haven't seen it mentioned in any articles that I've read. ." </font>

I first heard that bogus "dropped passes" stat a few weeks ago when it was being attributed to none other than the Falcons. Just another way of vindicating Vick and now Mcnabb's woes are someone else's fault too!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: riggo

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Why do you think the stat is bogus? I believed it when they mentioned it about the Eagles, after all, Donte Stallworth is their top receiver.
smiley36.gif

But the Falcons? Well.. not so much. But now that Finneran is out for the season.. maybe.
smiley2.gif

Triad

Mentor
Matt Jones is getting all the blame on ESPN's morning shows for Garrard's poor stats yesterday. I saw some highlights yesterday of the game and they didn't mention Jones. For the ones who saw the game, was he that bad?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Interesting write up on the Ravens - Titans game.

In one paragraph, they refer to Young as McNair's protege. How can you be someone's protege unless you're on the same team?

Then they point out that Tennessee scored 16 points off McNair's mistakes, including a safety when he backed out of the endzone and a TD run after he threw an INT. But they still give him all the credit for the win, despite the fact that the Ravens had to block a Rob Bironas field goal with 33 seconds left to hold on for the win.

It looks like McNair played a good game, 3 TD, 2 INT for 373 yards and a 61% completion rate. Ben Roethlisberger threw 3 TD, 0 INT, for 264 yards and a 61% completion rate but his performance is mentioned only in passing in the New Orleans - Steelers writeup. The credit for the Steeler win went to a locker room speech before the game by none other than Joey Porter, who called out teammates for poor play.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Replacing Jerome Bettis with Joey Porter as the media-designated "leader of the team" speaks volumes about the rapid decline of the full-of-themselves Steelers. The media is entranced by this loud-mouth fool, who managed to get his ass shot (literally) while fleeing from a nightclub a few years ago. A friend of mine reports that Joey and about half the team spent a recent Friday evening in a strip club, less than 36 hours before they were to play the Falcons -- in Atlanta. (And no, there was no "diversity" for that team outing.)

Porter is even more over-hyped on the field than he is off it. Through 7 games this season he hasa pathetic16 tackles and 6 assists. The "NFL's toughest player" (as proclaimed by a Sports Illustrated cover in September) is actually its most over-rated, though of course he has lots of company in that department, with none of it being "melanin-challenged."

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
The 2 INTs throw Jones' way were both kinda bad. The first sailed through his hands, and the other he was hit and it was much less his fault... He deserves some blame, but all of it is not warranted.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I seelittle hope that Matt Jones can ever develop in Jacksonville, home of the league's blackest-ever team and the only one with an all-black quarterback corps. Donovan McNabb is the only black QB who can get the ball to good receivers on a consistent basis. Drew Bennett will have the occasional good game like he did yesterday, but for every game like that there'll be several stinkers. The Falcons sorely miss Brian Finneran because all of their receivers have hands of stone, but if Finneran was healthy he would stillbe a victim of"Black Quarterback Syndrome" -- the inability to locate and throw the ball to open receivers on a consistent basis.

G

Triad said:
Matt Jones is getting all the blame on ESPN's morning shows for Garrard's poor stats yesterday. I saw some highlights yesterday of the game and they didn't mention Jones. For the ones who saw the game, was he that bad?

Well, one or two of those INTs came off of balls that literally went right through Matt's hands. he didn't have a great day at all.

But the fact is that Garrard is to blame for this loss really. When Byron was in, he never played that badly or threw as many picks with that same WR core. Byron is just better than him, and I hope that this loss will get rid of this Garrard hype I've been hearing for like two years.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
During the Steelers game Terrance Copper dropped one catchable pass and fumbled at the end of the game to seal the Saints defeat. I couldn't help but think that Hass would of made both those catches.

Triad

Mentor
I noticed Hillenmeyer's blocks as well. He nearly flipped two guys on Hester's return for a TD. Of course one of them was the kicker.