Week 10 2006

backrow

Hall of Famer
wow! Alstott is actually being used by Gruden! He had 2 carries in a row to pick up a first down - one of them was from singleback - plus a nice playaction fake that almost went to Galloway for a TD (slightly overthrown)...
Barrett Ruud is maing a start in absence of oft injured Quarles. Chris Hovan is anchoring this depleted defensive line (Rice and Wyms are out).

go Bucs

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Did you just see that anti-white Madden 2007 game commercial? What crap that was, black guys playing as black guys hitting Dallas Clark and laughing about it!
smiley7.gif
One thing about it that was good though, Clark didn't drop the ball!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
My favorite Panther and former Rebel, TE Kris Mangum, just had a nice catch. I hope he gets more!

G

Colonel_Reb said:
Did you just see that anti-white Madden 2007 game commercial? What crap that was, black guys playing as black guys hitting Dallas Clark and laughing about it!
smiley7.gif
One thing about it that was good though, Clark didn't drop the ball!

That commercial was anti white?

Interesting, but I really don't think that was it's intention at all.

But may I inquire as to what would be required so as not to make that commercial anti white?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Did you hear Mike "the mouth" Tirico just say Alstott was "rumbling, bumbling, and stumbling?" Yeah, and for an 18 yard first down gain on a pass. That was so sick. Thats what I get for leaving the volume on the TV up. Time to turn on the radio crew.

Futuregohan30, uh, if you can't see how it was anti-white, there is no way I can convince you it was. Maybe you should watch it again. It was pretty clear.

backrow

Hall of Famer
well, they could have portrayed Chad Johnson geting jacked up by Russell for example
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good point backrow, also, they could have made it Urlacher leveling Keyshawn Johnson or somebody like him. But that would be a total switch unless they had left the guys playing the video game black.

backrow

Hall of Famer
actually, there's another way of lookin at it: it took two black guys to bring Clark down
smiley17.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Another good point, backrow!
smiley4.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
well, what do you know... white fullbacks are not obsolete yet... Hoover picks up a first down on 3rd and 1 and then gets a TD carry, first rushing TD since 2000, his rookie year (2nd career)!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hoorah for Hoover! I wonder when the last time was that he carried 5 times in a game?

backrow

Hall of Famer
exactly 2 years ago (sans 1 day) at San Francisco... his career high was 24 carries for 99 yards, also in 2004.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Your on top of your game tonight backrow!
smiley32.gif
I'm glad the Hoovster had a good game tonight. I really hope Alstott makes 5,000 yards this year, but it looks less likely with each passing week.
smiley18.gif

LabMan

Mentor
In the Steeler game against the Saints on Sunday,one of the first statements made by Troy "Acheman" was."the Saints linebackers are not all that talented",they also happen to be White!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Your on top of your game tonight backrow!
smiley32.gif
I'm glad the Hoovster had a good game tonight. I really hope Alstott makes 5,000 yards this year, but it looks less likely with each passing week.
smiley18.gif

not likely unless Pittman, Williams and Graham get injured... all it would take is one game, 20 carries... not gonna happen

and, lol, thanks Col
smiley2.gif

G

Colonel_Reb said:
Did you hear Mike "the mouth" Tirico just say Alstott was "rumbling, bumbling, and stumbling?" Yeah, and for an 18 yard first down gain on a pass. That was so sick. Thats what I get for leaving the volume on the TV up. Time to turn on the radio crew.

Futuregohan30, uh, if you can't see how it was anti-white, there is no way I can convince you it was. Maybe you should watch it again. It was pretty clear.

Alright then, let me try to understand: anytime a white person is shown on the football field getting hit hard by a black player, then it would supposedly be anti white.
Am I correct?

What are your general rules for something that is pro white or anti white? What makes you think that showing some tight end on the football field getting trucked by two football players(who happen to be black) is somehow insulting to white people?

Just curious?

JD074

Master
Futuregohan30 said:
What are your general rules for something that is pro white or anti white? What makes you think that showing some tight end on the football field getting trucked by two football players(who happen to be black) is somehow insulting to white people?

Just curious?

He's probably just pissed off with commercials in general. Have you ever noticed how many commercials have dumb, fat, ugly white guys, and "cool," smart black guys? Aren't you sick of it?

backrow

Hall of Famer
Futuregohan30 said:
Colonel_Reb said:

Alright then, let me try to understand: anytime a white person is shown on the football field getting hit hard by a black player, then it would supposedly be anti white.
Am I correct?

Just curious?

several months ago i would say the same thing, but constnt putting whites down as football players (and even as men) in media does tend to make you think about every ambigous thing that you see...

backrow

Hall of Famer
Futuregohan30 said:
Colonel_Reb said:

Am I correct?

Just curious?

several months ago i would say the same thing, but constnt putting whites down as football players (and even as men) in media does tend to make you think about every ambigous thing that you see or read in mass media...

Between white men always being put down, or white women always coming on to black men, I tend to notice a lot more of both lately on TV. That Brisco High Nike ad is the worst one, IMO, as it has one white guy(portrayed as dumb by Urlacher) and 2 white women, one married to Sanders and the other coming on to 'Ryan' who's also black.

G

Matt_Bowen_Fan said:
Between white men always being put down, or white women always coming on to black men, I tend to notice a lot more of both lately on TV. That Brisco High Nike ad is the worst one, IMO, as it has one white guy(portrayed as dumb by Urlacher) and 2 white women, one married to Sanders and the other coming on to 'Ryan' who's also black.

So I guess you are against that ad primarily because you dislike interracial marrigae.
Fair enough, that is no type of logic I have not seen before.
But is that really anti white? Sure, some white girls may be attracted to star football plaers. Is that somehow an attempt to insult white people?

Also, I don't see how you could be offended by the way Urlacher was portrayed. All he did was doze off in class like many very ordinary teens do(seen it myself, even in honors classes).
How was that offensive? For such a portrayal to be unoffensive, would Brian have had to have been the guy raising his hand and answering all the questions?

Because, as I see it, it appeared that they were just portraying Brian and everyone else in the ad as ordinary teen football players, nothing more, nothing less.

G

JD074 said:
He's probably just pissed off with commercials in general. Have you ever noticed how many commercials have dumb, fat, ugly white guys, and "cool," smart black guys? Aren't you sick of it?

No, actually, I'm not sick of anything
smiley2.gif

But in anycase, I could better answer your question were I to have some possible examples of ads in which you have seen this behavior?
I know for a fact that most of the commercials I see don't necessarily follow that pattern you outlined.
What is it that you have seen?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Wasn't that above quote directed at me?

Futuregohan30, how many times do you see commercials where two white guys are getting the best of a brother and white people are laughing about it in the background. Thats a big time double standard. Yeah, I am ticked off at commercials, because almost every one has the white male as either a slob, idiot, or as queer as a 3 dollar bill. The media is out to further emasculate the white male and make him feel like he's the scum of the earth and nothing compared to black males. Its just part of a larger plan by the liberals in our society to subvert and overturn our culture for one that is spineless and swimming in multiculturalism. I see sports as just one aspect of this. It is happening in the movies, on TV, and in politics, and is only getting worse. I want white men to think they are the baddest mothers on the planet, because we are. I don't want my kids, whenever I have some, growing up thinking they are weak and less of a man than a male from another race.

I am not saying that every such instance is part of the plan, but I do think it is pervasive. I mean, the media has a big part in the caste system. Can't you see the parallel here? Edited by: Colonel_Reb

C Darwin

Mentor
Futuregohan30 said:
What are your general rules for something
that is pro white or anti white? What makes you think that showing
some tight end on the football field getting trucked by two football
players(who happen to be black) is somehow insulting to white
people?

Just curious?

The rules are if an opportunity is taken to exploit a moment in time
where the black race dominates over the white race, therein lies the
insult. These "highlights" are not based on merit, but affirmative
action.

Rumbelin, bumbelin, stumbelin is racially qualified to describe how a
white runs in the NFL. Or using atomatopia (sp?) in white running
situations are as well.

G

Colonel_Reb said:
Wasn't that above quote directed at me?

Futuregohan30, how many times do you see commercials where two white guys are getting the best of a brother and white people are laughing about it in the background.

Well, there was a white guy in this particular commercial we are speaking of laughing in the background.
The other guy(Dion) was black.

Colonel_Reb said:
Thats a big time double standard. Yeah, I am ticked off at commercials, because almost every one has the white male as either a slob, idiot, or as queer as a 3 dollar bill. The media is out to further emasculate the white male and make him feel like he's the scum of the earth and nothing compared to black males. Its just part of a larger plan by the liberals in our society to subvert and overturn our culture for one that is spineless and swimming in multiculturalism. I see sports as just one aspect of this. It is happening in the movies, on TV, and in politics, and is only getting worse. I want white men to think they are the baddest mothers on the planet, because we are. I don't want my kids, whenever I have some, growing up thinking they are weak and less of a man than a male from another race.

Well, let me be clear: it is not that I do not believe that the media influences the common people's perception of other groups of people.
I do believe the media has that power, and is excercising it.

There are a copuple differences in how I se this though.

First, I do not believe that this media/social system is only geared to negatively affect whites. It does affect them negatively, but it's not just specifically for them...but for others as well.

Secondly, I don't believe every instance that you've outlined so far has been necessarily a case of racism. For example, i see many, many commercials a day. I'm 15, I watch TV a lot, thats what we do.
But as it is, I don't see that every commercial is somehow against whites in some way.

In fact, in most cases, the main characters in commmercials are white american males and they influence the plot of the ad more than the others.
I won't deny that there are commercials like the Madden 07 one which you may interpret as anti white.

However, I do not believe this to be a particularly common thing. Looking at the ads I see on TV all the time, I just have not seen this trend at all. It really doesn't seem to be that widespread.

Perhaps I have been missing something, which is why it might be easier if you could inform me of some examples of this anti white commercials.

However, I have to ask: in light of one of your main sentences there

"I want white men to think they are the baddest mothers on the planet, because we are."

Are you implying that a commercial can really only be considered pro white if whites are portrayed positively?
It seems as though that (correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears this way) you are labelling some ads as anti white mostly because you may have seen some black guy in the ad who acted well, or some asian, or something like that.
Or maybe it';s because the white guy in the commercial plays the unaware consumer, and some other person comes in to educate him.

Are you saying that a commercial can only be pro white if it portrays whites in a light that is purely positive? Is it anti white just to show a white guy in a light that is not superior or on top in any way?

Again, I am just inquiring.

Colonel_Reb said:
I am not saying that every such instance is part of the plan, but I do think it is pervasive. I mean, the media has a big part in the caste system. Can't you see the parallel here?

The media does play a part in all these things, but I do not believe it all to be quite that simple in reality.