NFL Playoffs - Championship Round

foobar75

Master
Well, the bad Tom Brady showed up today, he of the recent playoff struggles, and not the clutch 3-time SB winner we remember him for. However, a win is a win, with a bit of luck on that missed FG at the end. Brady and the Pats have a clean slate in two weeks to win it all and erase some of the bad memories since their last title win 8 years ago.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jaxvid
Pats vs. Ravens was a clunker of a game for us, like Sports Historian mentioned it resembled the self destruction that the Packers inflicted on themselves last week.

I disagree. The Patriots won and made it to a seventh Super Bowl, the fifth with Bill Belichick as head coach and the fifth with Tom Brady as their quarterback. That's what counts and that's what people will remember, not whether it was an artistic masterpiece.

Well then it was a clunker of a game for me. I watch them for the entertainment value as well as the historical significance.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Among many other obvious things, what I find to be very refreshing about this website is that there isn't this racist, unilateral anti-Black hatred that would make the members of the forum look immature, uneducated, and foolish.

I respect that people will honestly and graciously give credit where credit is due, regardless of whether the player is White or Black.

It lends more credibility to the idea that Whites are treated unfairly in sports, because a lot of the people posting, while clearly biased in favor of Whites -- as they should be -- will still acknowledge good athletes of other races (ie, Pacquiao, and today, Moore) without bitterness.

This is in stark contrast to a lot of messageboards from mainstream websites (Even from major networks like ESPN) where in clearly racist, anti-White hate mongering is not only tolerated, but even celebrated.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it was a good game. The Ravens were 13-4, the number 2 seed, and have a very good defense. Brady wasn't as sharp as usual, but he played pretty well. Gronkowski, Welker, Woodhead and Edelman were all featured at different times. Yeah, the Patriots winning 52-10 would have been nice, but to me it was a nail-biting, hard-fought game that was won by the right team. :happy:

Patrick

Guru
Why is it a runner can wave the ball over one single blade of grass in the end zone for a TD but a receiver has to catch the ball and hold onto it until the next commercial break? Not that I'm complaining though, it puts NE in the Super Bowl!!

He has to show that he has possession - its like when a receiver goes to the ground in the end zone - if they don't maintain possession through the fall to the ground its not a TD.

Just the rules. It wouldn't have been a catch in the open field because he didn't make a football move, it shouldn't have been a catch in the end zone :)

northwinds

Mentor
Why is it a runner can wave the ball over one single blade of grass in the end zone for a TD but a receiver has to catch the ball and hold onto it until the next commercial break? Not that I'm complaining though, it puts NE in the Super Bowl!!

I agree totally with this.....although I am very happy for the call.....otherwise I would not be watching the SB. Look at the Calvin Johnson "no catch" last year and Danny Coale's "no catch" in the Sugar Bowl and then today's call....ten years ago they would have all been catches. Now its like a receiver has to still have possession when he's getting on the post-game bus.....meanwhile a runner who smells the endzone has a TD.....its all wrong. But the good news is that the Patriots are going back to the SB with Welker hopefully getting his ring and the MVP he was robbed of by the Asante Samuel drop and "helmet catch". Also, it would be so great if Woodhead just had an amazing breakout game in the SB. Thank goodness his fumble didn't come back to haunt the Patriots today.....we would have heard about it for a generation.....:crazy:

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
The good Colonel (Reb) and I watched the Pats vs. Blackbirds game together. We figured ya'll might have posted that after Danny's return fumble....the caste vermin showed him on the sidelines FIVE times within 2 minutes. Had Danny returned that for a TD, they may have shown him on the sidelines 1-2 times. Yet we at CF are just "imagining" there's a caste system...riiiiiight? :dodgy:

Anak

Mentor
What a grade-A idiot on the 49ers, guy clearly didn't plan on fielding it yet still ran towards the ball and probably just cost his team a TD and the lead in a close game. Boneheaded play to be sure, a black specialty.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
I have to stifle my gag reflex every time I see the creepy looking freak Steven Tyler.

Yeah, his transformation into an elderly woman has been swift…

0122-steven-tyler-video.jpg

CAPTION: 65-Year Old “Man” With 5-Year Old Face

GiovaniMarcon said:
Among many other obvious things, what I find to be very refreshing about this website is that there isn't this racist, unilateral anti-Black hatred that would make the members of the forum look immature, uneducated, and foolish.

I respect that people will honestly and graciously give credit where credit is due, regardless of whether the player is White or Black.

Aside from Brandon Spikes, New England’s black players are a very tolerable bunch. Today, many of them helped to carry to team. Not only did Vince Wilfork play a great game defensively, he was articulate, well-spoken, and gracious during his press-conference. Mark Anderson applied good pressure the entire game. James Ihedigbo, one of the worst starting safeties in the NFL, played his best game of the season. Sterling Moore, the little known safety who’s received lots of playing during New England’s 10-game win streak (mostly due to Chung’s injury), made several key plays. Aaron Hernandez had some pivotal catches. Green-Ellis ran hard, and still has yet to fumble in his career.

As Jax mentioned, our players weren’t their usual selves. Gronkowski had 5 catches for 87 yards, and had the fortitude to return after a dreadful rolled-ankle...

137559585_crop_650x440.jpg

CAPTION: Patriot Pounds Pollard

Wes Welker had 6 catches for 53 yards, many of which were crucial 1[SUP]st[/SUP] down conversions leading to scoring drives. He also threw some terrific blocks in the running game, particularly so on Green-Ellis’ touchdown run…

afc_championship_football-jpeg-01eb1.jpg

CAPTION: Wes Sprints to 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Superbowl Appearance

Edelman was on the field on nearly every play of the game, catching a pass, receiving a handoff, returning punts, and was trusted to play nickel cornerback (covering Anquan Bolden), even on the last Ravens drive…

ap-201201221455537433613.jpg

CAPTION: PR/HB/WR/CB Edelman Displays White Versatility

Rob Ninkovich had another nice playoff game, totaling 7 tackles and getting lots of pressure…

610x.jpg

CAPTION: Unwanted Journeyman Finds Home, 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Superbowl Appearance

Ridley's de-activation in favor of Kevin Faulk was a telling sign that Woodhead would be more involved offensively, and he was, tallying 25 yards on 7 touches (with limited blocking) against the Ravens’ defense. He also averaged 33 yards per kick return…

images

CAPTION: Woodhead Versus “Monsterface” Suggs

As for the Ravens, well, I felt bad for Cundiff, as I’d rather New England had won in OT. It was a hard-fought victory in which Tom Brady was very average. It was, however, quite satisfying to see the ever-pretentious look fade from the face of that wigger, John Harbaugh. After beating the Texans last week, Harbaugh, surrounded by shirtless negroes in the locker room, screamed out: “We’re going to beat them next week, and I don’t care if they’re watching this or not!” It was also comical to observe the dejected looks of Ray Lewis (who was literally weeping during the national anthem), Ed Reed, and “Fruitbat” Suggs, who was utterly invisible during the contest.

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
Great 17 yd strike by Eli, Gaints 17 49ers 14, 8+ to play.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Tyler has truly de evolved into a frigging freak. The other day while at the gym, some daytime sheeple show had pics of him in a speedo holding his junk and this prick has grown man boobs no less. Don't mean to hi jack this tread, just a commentary on a freak who still thinks he is 30 something.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
"The other day while at the gym, some daytime sheeple show had pics of him in a speedo holding his junk and this prick has grown man boobs no less."

I saw it. Probably the worst case of man boobs I have ever seen since he is so thin with pencils for arms and legs. With his long hair pulled back he really did look like a topless old woman!

Anak

Mentor
Another amazing play by the great Justin Smith forcing a 4th down well outside field goal range.

Anak

Mentor
And then superstar Kyle Williams muffs another punt, Giants are already inside FG range. First he cost them a TD, they would have surely won in regulation otherwise, now he probably cost them the game by giving the Giants great field position in overtime. 49ers have their scapegoat.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Giants win. What a game! Both games were defensive stuggles. Eli played good and the Gmen got it done.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Giants win. SF Harbug is such piss poor loser. He could not even look in Coughlin's eye and give a sportsman handshake. Right now glad he lost!

Highlander

Mentor
Seems like whenever Justin Smith had a sack, they'd focus on the 49er DBs in the replays trying to imply it was a coverage sack.

Also, the previews for the the upcoming TV shows and especially the movies are horrid. It's as if they are being catered to an audiience with an IQ of 80. American Idol looks particularly asinine. Notice how all the singers now (including the White ones, both male and female) have to sing in that black high-octave gymnastics voice. The Idiocracy is here.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Giants win. SF Harbug is such piss poor loser. He could not even look in Coughlin's eye and give a sportsman handshake. Right now glad he lost!

Yep, another classless post-game handshake by Harbaugh. He seems to be going out of his way to make unnecessary enemies in the league.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Warrior like performance by Eli. Great ST play won that game.

Westside

Hall of Famer
In spirit of giving credit where it's warranted, I'd like to give credit to Lawfirm. To me he is one of the best north / south runners. Always hits the hole hard , ypc is respectable and NEVER fumbles. Seems to a low key guy, unlike most annoying afflets.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
BSPN makes no mention of Kyle Williams first fumble, but they have a huge article about Danny Woodheads fumble and the missed field goal by Baltimore.

Truthteller

Mentor
BSPN makes no mention of Kyle Williams first fumble, but they have a huge article about Danny Woodheads fumble and the missed field goal by Baltimore.

I noticed that CBS' cameras showed Danny Woodhead at least 5 or 6 times from the time he fumbled until Baltimore kicked the field goal on the drive.

I didn't see Faux Sports show Kyle Williams once after the first costly fumble/muff. After the disgrace fumbled in OT, they only showed him once....basically, the only reason the 49ers are NOT going to the Super Bowl is because some untalented AA hire handed the Giants the game....At least Woodhead did well at RB and was good on other returns. Williams, and all the 49ers others alleged "pro receivers" didn't do $hit in the game, except lose it for their team.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Kyle Williams' first turnover was an INCREDIBLE bonehead play.
First, he shouldn't even be near the punt if he's not going to pick it up.
2nd, once it touches him, he just lets it go and the Giants recover it.
Without that play the Niners win.

Given that bonehead play, in OT he should have been thinking of ball protection above all else, but instead coughs up the ball on another punt.
He won the game - twice! - for the Giants.