NFL Playoffs - Championship Round

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Big defensive stand. That was needed badly. I thought the Patriots should have been more patient than going for it all in one throw which led to antoher pic. Now it's time to just get first downs and hopefully run out the clock. A few more points would be nice. A touchdown would ice the game. Go Pats!

foobar75

Master
Huge 3rd down here, basically the game.

foobar75

Master
Boy, that was a close one!

Highlander

Mentor
Flacco outplayed Brady, but Pats win. Hope Gronk's injury isn't serious and that he's OK for the SB.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, Flacco played very well, but it probably won't shut up his irrational army of DWF and media critics.

Anak

Mentor
I have to admit Moore came up HUGE on those last two plays. What I don't understand was the Patriot playcalling on their last possession. There was way too much time on the clock for them to be trying to just predictably run it out and it almost cost them the game, they should have been trying for first downs until they could have gotten around the 1 minute 30 second mark. Also, the "trick plays" with Hernandez are not working, he had one big run, that's pretty much it, that was by catching the Broncos off guard.

Anak

Mentor
I'm hoping Woodhead has a huge game in the Super Bowl and wins the MVP.

The Hock

Master
Haven't had the best couple weeks, but at least I'm not Billy Cundiff.

The one party a year I go to any more is a Superbowl party. I was going to skip it if the Pats had lost. But, scratch and scrape and find a way to win. Or find a way for the other team (Cundiff) to lose.

Now go Niners, because I want to see Alex Smith get to the Super Bowl.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It was ugly guys but a win is a win and the Pats are headed for the Super Bowl. Brady rarely throws that bad but I'm so happy they won. You never can predict what would happen in an overtime. I want to see Brady tie Montana and Bradshaw with 4 super bowl rings. I would also love to see either Brady, Welker, Gronkowski or Woodhead get the MVP Trophy. It would be really cool if Woodhead got it as he is so underrated and never really gets near the accolades of the other guys due to not gettting enough playing time.

I don't mind who wins the next game. They both have some descent guys to root for. I guess I will pick the Giants since Eli never gets half of the praise his brother gets. If he makes it to his second super bowl, Eli Manning will have done what Peton never did. They are both really good qb's although Peyton is obviously a step above.

Anak

Mentor
Peyton has been to two Super Bowls. He lost his last one against the Saints.

Patrick

Guru
I don't mind who wins the next game. They both have some descent guys to root for. I guess I will pick the Giants since Eli never gets half of the praise his brother gets. If he makes it to his second super bowl, Eli Manning will have done what Peton never did. They are both really good qb's although Peyton is obviously a step above.

And not to create a Peyton - Eli debate but if Peyton had the teams that Eli has had for the last 5 years he'd probably have 2 or 3 super bowl rings.

As a New England fan I'm rooting for the Niners - but part of me would like to see the Pats get another shot at the Giants - but I have so many displaced New Yorkers and Connecticut people where I work that the Giants fans in the management group actually outnumber the Patriots fans. The hourly people are nearly 100% Pats fans but I don't have to sit in 3 hour meetings with them heh.

I'd like to see Welker get the MVP that he should have had in 2007 - am I wrong or is Welkers contract up after this year? I've heard they are trying to get a deal done but if they can't they're just going to franchise him.

Westside

Hall of Famer
If I was giving out the game ball, I would have given it to that DB Sterling Moore. He broke up a sure game winning TD and broke up a pass at the 2 or 3 yard line, which could have resulted in tying or winning the game on the next play(s). He earned every penny of his journey man salary which is significant compared to most. He looks to be bi-racial. Congrats to him and the Patroits.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Giants are the whiter team. In general they start 7 whites while the 49ers start 4 or 5.

Patrick

Guru
If I was giving out the game ball, I would have given it to that DB Sterling Moore. He broke up a sure game winning TD and broke up a pass at the 2 or 3 yard line, which could have resulted in tying or winning the game on the next play(s). He earned every penny of his journey man salary which is significant compared to most. He looks to be bi-racial. Congrats to him and the Patroits.

I agree - that play saved the game for the Patriots.

Patrick

Guru
Giants are the whiter team. In general they start 7 whites while the 49ers start 4 or 5.

Justin Smith is just too big a star for the 49ers for me to root against them because the Giants start more whites.

Plus I'm a New Englander and hate all NY teams....

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Pats vs. Ravens was a clunker of a game for us, like Sports Historian mentioned it resembled the self destruction that the Packers inflicted on themselves last week. And also as he has mentioned before the problem with an offensive team is that if the QB has a bad game they are in deep dop-doo.

I still think that the Pack and Pats would be better suited to an indoor stadium so as to take the weather factor out of their high powered passing games. At least the Super Bowl will be indoors (Indy).

Not a good game for our guys, Brady erratic, Woodhead fumble (notice how the camera repeatedly focused on him afterwards--I have never seen so much attention put on a guy who made a turnover), Gronkowski injured. And poor Billy Cundiff--I hate to see a kicker miss in that situation, I would have actually preferred OT.

Edleman did seem to have a good game though.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I agree - that play saved the game for the Patriots.

Why is it a runner can wave the ball over one single blade of grass in the end zone for a TD but a receiver has to catch the ball and hold onto it until the next commercial break? Not that I'm complaining though, it puts NE in the Super Bowl!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pats vs. Ravens was a clunker of a game for us, like Sports Historian mentioned it resembled the self destruction that the Packers inflicted on themselves last week.

I disagree. The Patriots won and made it to a seventh Super Bowl, the fifth with Bill Belichick as head coach and the fifth with Tom Brady as their quarterback. That's what counts and that's what people will remember, not whether it was an artistic masterpiece.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I guess Whitlock will have to wait another year for Ray Lewis to possibly win another SB to be proclaimed the greatest defensive playa of all time.....Please.

Yes, Whitlock writes about the racial dynamics that either White writers are too scared/refuse to write about, but to give a fake reasons why he wanted Lewis, Reed and fruitbat to win rather than the real reason...being black or rather racist, never falls on DWF nation, just pass the doritos, brats, nachos, ribs, ruffles, sprite, coke, wings, pizza, bean dip, processed mystery meats, pretzels and beer. you know healthy food, the important crap. Truth and the castesystem be damned.