Week 2 2009

Thrashen said:
Some random thoughts about week 2:

1) One of the founding fathers of the Caste System, Jerry Jones, is more interested in creating the world's largest and most expensive Cultural Marxist Dinner Theater than winning football games via drafting and starting quality players. Like everything promoted by our overlords, Jerry-Land literally epitomizes style over substance. Tony Romo played terrible, but WR Roy Williams looked dopic and incredibly un-athletic while missing one of the few good balls Romo threw"¦.a sure TD in the right corner pylon.

I totally agree with this. My huge problem though is not the design of the stadium or anything, it's that Jerry Jones is falsely being given credit for "building" or "paying for" this stadium. Actually, The City of Arlington financed $933 million for the stadium, and the NFL paid another $150 million. That leaves the actual amount Jones paid was $217 million. Arlington residents, whether they go to the games or not, are stuck with an addition .5% sales tax, 2% hotel tax, and 5% car rental tax (these are all in ADDITION to taxes already in place). It'd be one thing if Jones paid for it self, but just like almost all new sports stadiums, your average taxpayer is footing the vast majority of the bill for these glorified playgrounds for millionaire affletes.

The only good thing about this place is that the Cowboys lost their first game, and BYU beat Oklahoma while fellow Caste founding father Barry Switzer watched in one of the many luxury booths. Edited by: Electric Slide

Pollyanna

Guru
Eli played real well last night, his passes were quick and accurate. This in spite of the way the game/script was going. I truly believed that the Malice Cowturds were going to pull out a win just in time. All the earmarks were there: phantom holding calls, missed catches and of course, Joan Rivers, I mean Jerry Jones on the super/mega screen sitting on high, willing South America's team forward. Man I'm glad the Giants won!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
From AP's report on the scintillating Raiders-Chiefs classic (sarcasm intended):

"On one of the most miserable days of his career, JaMarcus Russell got more than a win. He also put his name in the Oakland Raiders history book. Missing high, low and everywhere in between, the 2007 overall No. 1 draft pick completed just 7 of 24 passes for 109 yards.. . The Chiefs outgained the Raiders 409-166, while Russell became just the second QB since the start of the 1997 season to try 20 or more passes and complete less than 30 percent of them but still win."

Maybe the media will now revert to the mantra they usedafter awful performancesby Vince Young and Michael Vick to describe the great JaMarcus: "All he does is win games."

Pollyanna

Guru
Duhmucus has such an incredible upside and afroleticism that it would be ludicrous (favorite negro word) to pull him from the line up. I'm sure that his " performance" simply gave his teammates that much more to work for and in essence, he willed the Roiders to a win.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
From AP's report on the scintillating Raiders-Chiefs classic (sarcasm intended):
<div> </div>
<div>"On one of the most miserable days of his career, JaMarcus Russell got more than a win.  He also put his name in the Oakland Raiders history book.  Missing high, low and everywhere in between, the 2007 overall No. 1 draft pick completed just 7 of 24 passes for 109 yards. . . The Chiefs outgained the Raiders 409-166, while Russell became just the second QB since the start of the 1997 season to try 20 or more passes and complete less than 30 percent of them but still win."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Maybe the media will now revert to the mantra they used after awful performances by Vince Young and Michael Vick to describe the great JaMarcus:  "All he does is win games."</div>

It's cause the Raiders don't have any receivers, doncha know?
smiley36.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes I just caught that play. Looks like Peyton Manning is going to have another killer day. The guy is unstoppable. I sure hope Eli turns out half as good as him. Also Hartline just caught a pass for 18 yards.Edited by: whiteathlete33

Kaptain

Master
Isn't it fun watching the high standards of the NFL. A 32 year old running back who openly admits that he'd rather be smoking pot than playing in the NFL. Thank God for players like Ricky Williams to remind us that pot-heads can play something else besides frizbee golf and hackey sack. There's always a home in the NFL. Just don't be caught drinking a beer on the golf course while being white.

Ankiel

Thrashen said:
Some random thoughts about week 2:

2) The Colts and Pats both have horrid, all-black defenses incapable of stopping anyone. "Defensive Genius,"Â￾ Bill Bellichick, couldn't even slow down a rookie QB (Sanchez) during his 2nd NFL start. Mike Wright and Rob Ninkovich are the only remaining subs. I hope Bellichick learns the hard way. At least the newly-minted caste moron had enough sense to start Edelman in Welker's place, as opposed to ultra-scrub, black STD Sam Aiken.

2ymvmyp.png

The Colts are the #1 ranked defense in the league. They're #1 against the pass,#1 in least yards allowed, and #4 in least points allowed.The Patriots are an overall 4th.

Sanchez only had 163 yardsand 1 TD. Minnesota has the 5th ranked defense, andfellow rookieStafford had comparable numbers (152 yards and a TD).

Arbitrarily lashing out at "all-black" defenses doesn't really help our cause.. ESPECIALLY when they're 2 of the best defenses in the league. It gives the impression that your motive is agenda-driven rather than driven by facts.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
One game is statistically meaningless. Everyone who follows football knows the Colts defense has been their biggest weakness for years. The Patriots defense also appears that it will not be very good this year. Getting beat by a rookie in his second start is not a credit to the New England defense.

Don't "arbitrarily lash out" at posters who know what they're talking about when you don't have the first idea of the relevance of statistics. You also should read the posting guidelines -- no trolls here.

Taco

Guru
Ankiel said:
Thrashen said:
Some random thoughts about week 2: 2) The Colts and Pats both have horrid, all-black defenses incapable of stopping anyone. "Defensive Genius,"Â Bill Bellichick, couldn't even slow down a rookie QB (Sanchez) during his 2nd NFL start. Mike Wright and Rob Ninkovich are the only remaining subs. I hope Bellichick learns the hard way. At least the newly-minted caste moron had enough sense to start Edelman in Welker's place, as opposed to ultra-scrub, black STD Sam Aiken.
<div> </div>
<div>
2ymvmyp.png
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The Colts are the #1 ranked defense in the league.  They're #1 against the pass, #1 in least yards allowed, and #4 in least points allowed.  The Patriots are an overall 4th.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Sanchez only had 163 yards and 1 TD.  Minnesota has the 5th ranked defense, and fellow rookie Stafford had comparable numbers (152 yards and a TD).  </div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Arbitrarily lashing out at "all-black" defenses doesn't really help our cause.. ESPECIALLY when they're 2 of the best defenses in the league.  It gives the impression that your motive is agenda-driven rather than driven by facts.</div>

ouch

dwid

Hall of Famer
I like how the reporter said the Colts coach told her that the defense is not tackling properly because of the wildcat. Amazing that the wildcat causes defense's to not tackle as well.

I dont think anyone would mistake the colts defense as good, they have a decent pass rusher and an overrated bob sanders who is always injured.

but yeah lets judge their defense by the one game against the "explosive" jaguars offense. Hard to defend against those 5 yard passes. Im surprised they held them to 12 points.Edited by: dwid

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Ankiel's post gives credence to the old expression, "there's lies, damn lies, and statistics."

anyone watching the Colts defense tonight can see that they are piss poor. they can't tackle, they can't cover, and their supposed "phenomenal" defensive ends keep taking themselves out of the game because they are tired.

furthermore, they lead the league in "pass defense" because no one has to throw against them ... they just run wild with the ground game. see tonight's game against Miami if you doubt the validity of this.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Ron Jaworski just gave credit to the Colts White o-linemen for being athletic on that bubble screen-turned-touchdown, and he also gave credit to Austin Collie for a key block that sprung the play. nice!

backrow

Hall of Famer
point illustrated: Ronnie Brown just stiff armed three Colts in a row.

what a game for Manning and Clark (Dallas' career high - and unreal for a TE - 183 yards on 7 catches!)

Ankiel

dwid said:
I dont think anyone would mistake the colts defense as good, they have a decent pass rusher and an overrated bob sanders who is always injured.

I'd venture to guess the rest of the leaguemightconsider their defense as being good in light of their consistent, year-over-year proficiency in denying yards and points in comparison to their contemporaries.

2009 - 1st in Fewest PPG Allowed
2008 - 7th
2007 - 1st
2006 -23rd
2005 - 2nd

2009 - 6th in Fewest Yards Allowed
2008 - 11th
2007 - 3rd
2006 - 21st
2005 - 11th

One bad year since '05 = a substandard defense?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
they're giving up huge chunks of yardage to Miami right now ... Miami has no vertical passing game, and have wasted more time than i believed possible, yet they're marching right down the field.
will the Dolphins prevail? i don't know ... but Ted Ginn just dropped his3rd pass of the 4th quarter, this one in the endzone for the win. was the Indy defense responsible for his drop?
smiley2.gif

now the Dolphins have the ball at the 30. and a chance to win. all against the "phenomenal" defense of the Colts.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the Colts win despite giving up over 200 yards rushing and giving upmore than 3 WHOLE QUARTERS intime of possession, the biggest disparityin NFL history for a victory.
but a 30-yard hail mary intercepted in the endzone with no time left, soi guess that is "great" defense ... heh. Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Didn't the Colts defense keep a couple of Miami drives alive by consistently being drawn offsides? I thought I heard the announcers say something about that, too.

Kaptain

Master
Ted Ginn Jr. Yet another game decided by a stone-handed black reciever. How does a professional drop a pass like that? Not only that but he short-handed another TD pass earlier in the game. How is this guy on the field?

Joseph Addai is done. He has always sucked but it is now evident that the Colts have a RB that is clearly better.

Dallas Clark is awesome! Best TE in running the ball after the catch.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
It's not hard to be ranked highly as a defense when they all stink.
smiley2.gif

It's like when you take a test in school. There are 32 students in your class. The highest grade received is a 77. The kid is ranked number #1 but you know a 77 just isn't that great...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Didn't the Colts defense keep a couple of Miami drives alive by consistently being drawn offsides? I thought I heard the announcers say something about that, too.

yes, sir. they jumped offsides at least 5 times in the game, although the Dolphins didn't accept every penalty, as sometimes the play resulted in a first down.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
Ted Ginn Jr. Yet another game decided by a stone-handed black reciever. How does a professional drop a pass like that? Not only that but he short-handed another TD pass earlier in the game. How is this guy on the field?

Joseph Addai is done. He has always sucked but it is now evident that the Colts have a RB that is clearly better.

Dallas Clark is awesome! Best TE in running the ball after the catch.

this post is spot on, although Addai was pretty solid early on in his career. come to think of it, he was a lesser version of Jacob Hester in college ... yet he's been a starting tailback for how long now even with his issues? whereas Hester is a "natural" fullback. "weird" how that works, huh?

Kaptain

Master
The Colts defense for the past several years play their division rivals 2 times a piece like all division rivals. Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Houston are their division rivals. Now do you see how a bad defense can rank higher than what they should? They clearly are a bad defense and it will show in the ranking by the end of this year as Houston and Tennessee are no longer push-overs.

Ankiel, somebody with a whole 8 posts shouldn't be scolding people on how our opinions make the site "look bad." It's totally trollish.Edited by: Kaptain Poop

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Did anyone mention Dallas Clark catching 7 receptions for 183 yards! Holy ravioli! What a game. I wish Collie could have had more passes thrown his way but Dallas and his mvp night more than makes up for it. Although if you listen to the media, Dallas Clark is not that fast! Lol.