Week 2 2009

backrow

Hall of Famer
ST tackles are not included, unless stated otherwise.

you are more than welcome to post your own stats. oh, and Farwell has been their ST stand out for several seasons, it's surprising whn he ISN'T their white demon ST MVP.

back to football:

good to see McDaniels made some adjustements to his game plan, he's already thrown to Stokley three times. Scheffler has a short TD catch. would it be too much too ask for to get Hillis involved (he lost a fumble on his 24 yard kick return).

EDIT 2: both Terrill and Kerney have sacks already!Edited by: backrow

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I was an idiot for starting Zach Miller over Greg Olsen today on my fantasy team. Olsen had 1 catch last week, while Zach had several, but with a black QB you can expect inconsistency. Olsen will be starting from now on.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
I was an idiot for starting Zach Miller over Greg Olsen today on my fantasy team. Olsen had 1 catch last week, while Zach had several, but with a black QB you can expect inconsistency. Olsen will be starting from now on. 

haha, i sympathise here Col. even JaMarcus gets the ball to Miller, since he's his best receiver by far. today just wasn't one of these days for poor ol' JaMarcus
smiley4.gif

let's hope Cutler finds Greg more than last week! oops, Olsen looks shaken up on a play

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:

I have Miller on my team too and I started him. I would have scored better with Crumpler.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Hillis should be getting carries, Their other backs do not look good.

Hester should also be getting some carries, Sproles seems to only be good as a receiver out of the backfield, he is like a smaller version of Reggie Bush, with a little less hesitation, just watched him get stuffed on a run, but good reception out of the backfield, eventually you just cover the flats and shut that down so it doesn't wind up being big gains.

How could Hester ever match Sproles 4 attempts for 8 yards so far? Even though he manages to get 4-5 ypc no matter how many people are in the box. Should be giving him some carries up the middle

as i speak they were in a goal line situation, Rivers throws a pass in the flats to Sproles where a linebacker was, he gets tackled for a 1 yard loss, before he threw the ball, Hester was open in the endzone.Edited by: dwid

backrow

Hall of Famer
Sabby is trying to silence the critics: he just returned a fumble 72 yards setting up a short TD pass for Bucs. he's also leading Bucs in tackles with 5.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Well at least Stokley is getting alot of passes his way, the only thing moving the chains for Broncos. At the rate he is going, he is on pace for a 1,000 yard season. He had 87 yards on one catch last week and has 5 catches for 70 yards so far today, it is halftime right now. Maybe coach realizes Gaffney isn't going to cut it, at least Orton realizes Stokley will get open and catch the ball.Edited by: dwid

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Black superhumans "don't throw picks" - but Leftwich has 2 right now.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Sproles 8 runs for 20 something yards, like 3 ypc granted he has 100 yards receiving, I have admitted he is a good receiver out of the backfield, but they need a run game to keep defenses honest. Just like Reggie Bush, good receiver out of the backfield but wont ever get more than 3ypc running. Saints lost quite a few games because they could not establish a run game with Bush. Chargers will wind up the same way if they don't give Hester the ball. Not sure what Bennet's stats are for this game but last game he had 12 yards on 7 carries, but somehow a guy that rushed for over 1,000 yards in one season in the SEC (supposedly the best conference in college) cant get any carries. Yet Moreno, a rookie has more "upside" than Hillis who has actually proven himself at the pro level as a halfback last year and gets the nod as the starter, despite Hillis looking better.

I wonder where they could find someone to run up the middle and keep defenses from keying in the pass, so the Chargers can start coming back from their 12 point deficit?

Hester is waiting...Edited by: dwid

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's nice to see both Edelman and Stokley have big days. Matt Jones would as well if they ever decide to sign him anywhere. I hope Welker gets better fast. He is the most exciting player in the nfl from my view. I love watching him play.

backrow

Hall of Famer
heh, i missed Hillis 2 yrd TD run, his only touch on the offense so far.

f**k, both Mono and Buckhalter showed up on this drive. Hillis needs to count on injuries to get a shot at RB... i guess that didn't actually change, since when they weren't playing well he wasn't exactly in McDouche's plans.Edited by: backrow

backrow

Hall of Famer
dwid said:
Fightingtowin said:
dwid said:
Hillis with a touchdown carry, about time he gets the ball!
Since it was a 2 yard TD does that mean he's averaging more ypc than Knowshon?

hah pretty close

Moreno has looked awful, wasted first round pick.

i dunno about that. while i think Peyton could do the same, or better job, Moreno is playing very well now in the 4th quarter. he's 17-75 and 2 catches for 22 yards.

backrow

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Seneca Wallace has thrown for a whopping 98 yards with 2 minutes to go.

he is terrible, but only came in when Hasselbeck got injured in the last minute of first half, i think.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Philip Rivers threw for 436 yards in a losing effort against Baltimore. Joe Flacco continues to look like a polished All Pro.

dwid

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
dwid said:
Fightingtowin said:
dwid said:
Hillis with a touchdown carry, about time he gets the ball!
Since it was a 2 yard TD does that mean he's averaging more ypc than Knowshon?

hah pretty close

Moreno has looked awful, wasted first round pick.

i dunno about that. while i think Peyton could do the same, or better job, Moreno is playing very well now in the 4th quarter. he's 17-75 and 2 catches for 22 yards.

Sorry, I was flipping back and forth between games and from what I saw he didn't look like he was doing well. I guess I was wrong and he did pretty good this game. I do agree Peyton would be doing the same, well probably better, so i still think it was a wasted first round pick.

Sproles 10 carries for a whopping 26 yards! I wonder if any Chargers fans are screaming for Hester to get the ball more? game on the line Sproles gets stuffed for a loss. He is a change of pace runner that is a good receiver out of the backfield, nothing more.Edited by: dwid

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Matt Schaub and the Texans offense bounced back in a big way today, beating the Titans. They'll be even better when Kevin Walter plays.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Damn Steelers, they can't beat the Bears, who somehow managed to be blacker than they are. I was cheering for them to beat the Bears today. Instead, the Steelers O-Line plays like crap again and they lose.

Anyways, nice to see Flacco and Matty Ice still playing well. Good job by Stokely and Edelman today. I can't wait until Walter and Welker get back.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
When looking at the list of white D-Linemen, it seems that for DT's there are not to many young guys coming up. It also seems that the white DT's that are in the league were undrafted or late round draft picks. I do follow college ball pretty close and cannot think of any interior d-line guys that look to be highly regarded prospects. I do like Klug out of Iowa though, I am hoping he gets drafted.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes DT is one of those restricted positions for whites. It makes no sense at all since it is a strength position and whites hold almost all strength records. There are alot more white DE's but very few DT's. Off the top of my head I think Adam Carriker was the highest picked white DT in a while.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Yea I think you are right Whiteathlete, before him I think Hovan was the last first round DT drafted.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
That is very sad as Hovan was drafted in 2000. 7 years without a white DT taken in the first round. Very few are drafted overall and almost never in the first few rounds.