Week 2 2009

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Weddle is amazing, he always seems to be around the ball. He was fun to watch today.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just finished watching that incredible touchdown by Heath Evan, truely highlight reel material. BTW, Sports Illustrated (affalete illustrated) had a great photo of Evans with the ball in lasts weeks edition. I am so glad he is making noise down Orleans. Go Heath!

wow....anyone hear what the announcer said about jason witten? he says "hes not that fast or that quick but hes always open". I mean that makes a ton of sense right......

SuperSpeed23 said:
wow....anyone hear what the announcer said about jason witten? he says "hes not that fast or that quick but hes always open". I mean that makes a ton of sense right......

Yes, I heard this. I didn't catch the play but in the other room I heard the announcer say "not that fast...," I know he could only mean Jason Witten. If I was the announcer I would say "Witten doesn't often get credited for his speed, but he clearly shows it by getting wide open. It's not that easy to get that open in the Giants defense, but Witten makes it look easy all the time." How would that sound?

bigunreal

Mentor
391 yards for Kevin Kolb in his first NFL start- wow!

I don't have the stats handy, but 391 yards HAS to be a league record for a QB's first game as a starter. Now, even if it is, do you think anyone in the media will point that out?

More importantly, what do you think would have been the lead story if JaMarcus, Tavaras, etc., posted those numbers in their first start?

Reminds me of the way Cade McNown had 275 yards passing in a HALF of football (he started the second half against the Redskins), in his first action as a rookie. I'm quite sure that no rookie had ever, or probably will ever, put up numbers like that the first time he hits the field, but the announcers (and the rest of the media) completely ignored it. Should have been a huge story.

SuperSpeed23 said:

I didn't hear it, but it sounds like that caste turd Collinsworth.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
SuperSpeed23 said:

I just heard Deion Sanders saying the same thing about Brandon Stokley. Last week it was his own coach and a bunch of Caste clowns afterStokley's game winning catch and run. Apparently every time a white "overachieves" it has to be put in its proper context. Edited by: Don Wassall

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
James Laurinaitis had 6 tackles and 2 assists, not as spectacular as his debut last week but it's obvious he's already a premier tackler at MLB.

Brian Cushing had 7 tackles, 3 assists and a pass defense. Like Laurinaitis he's very very good right off the bat, which is great as linebacker is a position where whites have made a small but noticeable gain in star players and overall numbers in recent years, with several just about every year now comingout of college who are too good to Caste out. Cushing's numbers through two games are particularly impressive as he is playing the strong side, which usually generates the lowest number of tackles and big plays among linebackers as they are usually matched against the opposing team's tight end.

Clay Matthews saw more time today and got a sack, a tackle, an assist and a pass defense.

Brandon Chillar seems to be too good to keep off the field, but some of his playing time appears to be at the expense of A. J. Hawk unfortunately. Not sure about that though as I didn't watch a lot of the Green Bay-Cincy game. If anyone knows the LB situation on the Packers feel free to post it. At least it's all whites battling whites except for Nick Barnett.

Westside

Hall of Famer
That was Chris Collinsworthless making disparging statements about Whitten and Boss, "not fastest or quickess, but always gets opened". Does anyone know the combine numbers for these two tightends and how they compared with the afrolets?

dwid

Hall of Famer
I am pretty sure he ran in the 4.6's. While there are plenty of White tight ends like Dallas Clark, Jeremy Shockey, Greg Olsen, Tony Scheffler etc in the 4.5 range, 4.6 is still pretty fast for a tight end. The 4.5-4.6 range is amazing for tight ends that are 250+, there are plenty of receivers who run in the same range at 30-50 pounds lighter. Witten is around 265 pounds. Most White tight ends are really bulked up tight ends anyway, I wonder how fast they would be at a lighter weight.Edited by: dwid

GWTJ

Mentor
From what I saw of the Jets-Patriots game, Wes Welker is the second most important player on the Patriots after Tom Brady. Without Welker, Brady had nobody open for most of the second half and especially late in the game when they had several drives come up short.

Of course, the announcers never mentioned how much the Pats seemed to be missing Welker. And Moss was practically invisible down the stretch.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Rookie Julian Edelman did have a big game. But overall I agree- Brady's most trusted target is Wes Welker. Wes is the best at making guys miss after the catch on the team and turning shorter throws into medium gains.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i wouldn't agree with you guys, while Brady and Welker share a very special chemistry, Edelman, did all that they ask of him and more. he looked very shifty and his yards per catch were actually higher than what Wes tends to get. it wasn't a huge drop off of skill here, imo.

PS, replying to GWJT: announcers certainly did mention how much they missed Wes, they were 2 lingering shot on Wes standing on the sidelines. they've mentioned it before the game and during, although they also praised Edelman for "doing his best Wes Welker impression".

Edited by: backrow

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Laurinaitis and Cushing area already two of the top linebackers in the NFL. Matthews has the potential to be great as well.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Some random thoughts about week 2:

1) One of the founding fathers of the Caste System, Jerry Jones, is more interested in creating the world's largest and most expensive Cultural Marxist Dinner Theater than winning football games via drafting and starting quality players. Like everything promoted by our overlords, Jerry-Land literally epitomizes style over substance. Tony Romo played terrible, but WR Roy Williams looked dopic and incredibly un-athletic while missing one of the few good balls Romo threw"¦.a sure TD in the right corner pylon.

2) There is officially no dominant team left in the watered-down NFL. The winning teams seem completely random (even more so) this year. The Titans are 0-2, the Steelers lost to the Bears, and the Packers lost to the hapless Bengals (at home). The Colts and Pats both have horrid, all-black defenses incapable of stopping anyone. "Defensive Genius,"Â￾ Bill Bellichick, couldn't even slow down a rookie QB (Sanchez) during his 2nd NFL start. Mike Wright and Rob Ninkovich are the only remaining subs. I hope Bellichick learns the hard way. At least the newly-minted caste moron had enough sense to start Edelman in Welker's place, as opposed to ultra-scrub, black STD Sam Aiken. I agree with Backrow, Edelman has skills similar to Welker"¦but could easily be the Pats #2 alongside Moss and Welker. With those options, along with the very good RB Kevin Faulk, Brady's season could easily mimic the 2007 dominance. At this point, Baltimore appears to be playing the best football through 2 weeks.

3) Favre's media-contrived "comeback"Â￾ circus with the Vikings has been boring and underwhelming, despite 2 lame wins over the Lions and Browns. Rosenfels could have done that. He did "star"Â￾ in a Sears commercial in which he "poked fun"Â￾ at his indecisiveness (he was buying a new TV). He was made to look like a fool, but I suppose the price was right.

4) The Redskins are officially the most boring NFL team (or NCAA, or CFL, or AFL, or USFL, or XFL) to ever play football. I honestly haven't seen a team that makes me want to yawn so often. Coincidentally, they have the least amount of white players in the NFL. The only star, TE / H-back Chris Cooley, seems to be their only consistent player.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Great observations Thrashen. I'd have to agree with almost everything you said.

I'd say the Giants would be up there with the "top" teams. Eli Manning and the O-line have been remarkably calm and constant so far and have carried the team to victories. Zero sacks against an aggressive Cowboys defense says alot.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I know it has only been two games but Eli Manning is playing fantastic. His passer rating is over 100 and he has been on target. He could have a career year.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Gentlemen.

Do you think we can hope to see Welker and Edelman on the field together?

Tom Iron...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Tom,

that depends if you're talking about the current NFL or not. Welker and Edelman are certainly good enough to start at the same time, and they'd make a deadly 3-wide set with Moss in the Pats base offense. but, in the modern NFL it is unlikely that a team would routinely feature two White wide receivers as the normal starters.

i'm surprised no one has asked the obvious question regarding Edelman, though ... that would be: "how can a guy go from not even being good enough to suit up one week to being the leading receiver in an entire NFL game the next week?"

after all, i keep being told thatthe best players always play ...
smiley2.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
he didn't suit up because of an ankle injury last week, he was never "not good enough" . . .

here's a full article. whatever happened to investigating claims! we used to be pretty solid, and now it's like, blaaah... caste system is f**ked up and doesn't seem to get better but sometimes there is a logical explanationEdited by: backrow

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
point taken, backrow. sorry.
smiley9.gif

Tom Iron said:
Gentlemen.

Do you think we can hope to see Welker and Edelman on the field together?

Tom Iron...
Be amazing to have the Patriots and Colts use 2 white WRs in their 3 WR sets. If they went on to face each other in the AFC Championship game, that would be a major positive for white receivers.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Working in Edelman's favor is the obvious factor that Joey Galloway is washed up. Like Austin Collie and Brian Hartline he may have an impact as a rookie. But then again this is the NFL, which almost always puts every white player except for the few drafted in the first and second rounds through a long and rigorous racial apprenticeship program. You know, because whites aren't as smart as those black guys and take a longer time to learn systems and playbooks. . .
smiley29.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I'm surprised that no one mentioned what occurred in the latter part of the Cowboys/Giants game...

There was an obvious hold (offensive) on the run where Marion Barber got injured, but it wasn't called.

The Giants get the ball back after Dallas scored, and then Rich Seubert is called for a bogus hold which even shocked the talking-heads, and that call nearly killed the Giants come-back attempt.

That holding call on Seubert stood out because I recall there not being that much penalties called in the game. There was a facemask penalty which really was a facemask. There was a tripping penalty on the great Flozell which really was tripping.

There were no players involved in the script because, on the last drive, a Dallas defender tipped a ball and it found it's way to Manningham and he caught it. I think it's a miracle that the Giants pulled out the win because it wasn't supposed to happen in my opinion.

I wasn't horrified by the prospect of a Dallas win, if they had won legitly of course, but the Giants winning when the deck was stacked against them horrifies me even less and even brings me joy. I second the poster that said Eli Manning looked good.