UEFA EURO 2012

frederic38

Hall of Famer
england does a lot of crosses...too bad that carroll isn't there with his heading abilities, but he was too white to play in this team :thumbdown:

Yes, am having a very bad feeling watching this game. Italy are not playing well.

there are black defenders in the english team, so everything remains possible :icon_tongue:

frederic38

Hall of Famer
first balotelli miss

Former England winger Chris Waddle on BBC Radio 5 live:"What a chance for Italy. Nobody pressed Pirlo, and you can't stand high as a defensive line with a guy like Pirlo on the pitch. For me, Balotelli should have done a lot better with that."

ofcourse it was saved by terry

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Was actually disappointed - though certainly not surprised - when the oaf Balotelli missed his open shot.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Another Balotelli miss - they need to put DiNatale in or they might lose.

and it was a big one:

Oh he must score! Great chance for Italy. Andrea Pirlo swings in a gem of a pass, Antonio Cassano heads it down and it looks like a tap-in for Mario Balotelli. But Joleon Lescott somehow gets a boot to the ball and hoiks it away for a corner. I thought that had to be a goal.

i'm not even sure if the english defender really touched it

Matra2

Master
Our English commentator compared Balotelli's breakaway opportunity where he failed to shoot to the incident in the first match against Spain where MB just ran with the ball and for some inexplicable didn't do anything with it. It's as if he's indecisive and just doesn't know what to do when he's got lots of time. He strikes me as being an instinctive player, not a thinker.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Balotelli setting all kinds of standards for missing ... time to yank this blundering, burdensome Negro.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
The whites of Italy are outplaying the blacks of England so far. Only the mistakes of Balotelli are keeping the black team in this game.

Matra2

Master
The way Balotelli is playing surely ​they won't let him take a penalty.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
The way Balotelli is playing surely ​they won't let him take a penalty.

i would let him take it because he wouldn't be distracted by all his misses since he doesn't think at all

england would be better than italy in the penalty kicks i think
great match by hart by the way

frederic38

Hall of Famer

the most dangerous thing in the penalty kicks is over-thinking, and blacks usually (and balotelli) are instinctive players and don't think about what they do

Why is he good at penalties if he's terrible everywhere else?

penalty kicks are extremely easy, the only problem is to not over-think
there is nothing about skills in the penalty kicks

he won't take it because he took his shoes off
edit: he put them back