UEFA EURO 2012

frederic38

Hall of Famer
i was watching the match on french TV, with arsene wenger as a commentator, he spent the whole match ranting about boateng
even before the greek goal, he said that boateng was not skilled enough to be a fullback for a team like germany, who have the possesion most of the time so they need a fullback that can attack, something that boateng can't do, since he only plays because he's the brother of another players who plays football professionally just because he's black
this makes boateng a double-undeserving player

great contrast with the other fullback, lahm, who scored the first goal, something arsene wenger noticed too

then wenger destroyed boateng because he showed that he was an amateur player on the greek goal

overall, i think that the match was a joke because greece didn't have their captain and best player, this because of an idiotic decision by the referee in the last match
so it was a fake match

foobar75

Master
The Greeks are done. The go ahead goal was scored by Khedira (a white guy according to Zeus:nono:). Surely Joachim Loew will now have sufficient reason, and cover, to be able to bench Boateng in the semi final.
The competition is only going to get tougher from here. You can't have a slug like Boateng in your defense as the weak link. Can you imagine what a Ronaldo or Rooney would do to him?

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Wow, Boateng is responsible for both Greek goals now. He just gave away an absolutly idiotic penatly.

Fredric, that's good to hear from Wenger, he's totaly true with everything he said. Somebody needs to criticize him.

Here in the US, Stephen McManaman just said Boateng was afraid of the ball, when he turned his back and it resulted in the penalty. Also, he just mentioned that Lars Bender could replace Boateng in the next game.

foobar75

Master
Boateng just cost a penalty goal because of a hand ball. Both goals 100% his fault, without question. Send this AA fool to the bench. Heck, he doesn't deserve to be on the team, period.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
honestly so far germany looks like sh*t, spain looks weak, italy looks mediocre, france is the team that impressed me the most
beware
france would destroy this german team, they already did and they will do it again if they get the occasion

Matra2

Master
Stephen McManaman just said Boateng was afraid of the ball, when he turned his back

In the group stage Boateng took a hard shot in the gut - it was actually quite a good defensive play. He was down on the ground for a while after it and he wasn't faking it. His instinctive decision to turn his back on the shot that resulted in a penalty may be a legacy of that previous incident. At this level you can't have a player who flinches.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Frederic dont be naive. France would not fare much better than Greece against this German team (especially if Boateng is not playing). too much talent on this team: Podolski, Gomez, Klose, Kroos; Goetze etc...

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
In the group stage Boateng took a hard shot in the gut - it was actually quite a good defensive play. He was down on the ground for a while after it and he wasn't faking it. His instinctive decision to turn his back on the shot that resulted in a penalty may be a legacy of that previous incident. At this level you can't have a player who flinches.

I remember that shot, and to Boateng's credit, like you said it was a great play by him, but he still can't be turning his back and giving up a penalty like that. I still think Bender should replace him though.

Germany has won all 4 of it's games. France is 1-1-1 in their 3 so far. I think Germany would beat France if they met up again.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Frederic dont be naive. France would not fare much better than Greece against this German team (especially if Boateng is not playing). too much talent on this team: Podolski, Gomez, Klose, Kroos; Goetze etc...

i would like to see gotze but he never plays
kroos doesn't play either
for the others, giroud is better than gomez and ribery is better than podolsky currently
menez also

i don't see the talent on the german team currently
their only strenghts are long range shots, and their heading ability

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
If Germany would bench Boateng I would certainly cheer for them over Italy with Balotelli (or, God forbid, England).

MilanClass

Guru
LOL...I was going to comment on Boateng but I see all of you beat me to it.

I was watching the match at a German pub with tons of German fans. They were all in a good mood and getting boisterous and loud toward the end of the game. But every time ESPN showed a close up of Boateng, the whole place would just get silent and you could hear groaning noises.

You could tell they didn't like their affirmative action negro but nobody wanted to say anything :lol: :lol:

frederic38

Hall of Famer
LOL...I was going to comment on Boateng but I see all of you beat me to it.

I was watching the match at a German pub with tons of German fans. They were all in a good mood and getting boisterous and loud toward the end of the game. But every time ESPN showed a close up of Boateng, the whole place would just get silent and you could hear groaning noises.

You could tell they didn't like their affirmative action negro but nobody wanted to say anything :lol: :lol:

imagine if he would play as a central defender (which is supposed to be his position) it would be a catastrophy
he manages to be strikingly bad while playing as a fullback, which is difficult (that's the reason why so many affirmative action blacks play as fullbacks)

I disagree about Özil. He may be a great asset for the Real Madrid (even if I hate to say non-Whites are great assets for any European clubs), but I don't find him convincing in the German team so far. As other non-Germans in the team he could be easily replaced. Mario Gomez should play for Spain, because his father is Spanish and his mother is German, but of Spanish ancestry, by the way his full name is Mario Gomez Garcia (but I don't mind too much, Europeans are all brothers of blood).

I don't understand all the fuss about national anthems : great white players sing their anthems loudly or not. It is a personal matter. Oliver Kahn was for example never very demonstrating about this. Either way I don't like to see non-Whites sing European anthems.

Another fact bother me : Anthems are representing a nation and we all know that nationalism has led to two European civil war. I hate pure Nationalists. Their the first to tell you that they feel closer to a black people from their country than a White from another one (France since the Revolution is very representative of this spirit, even the Front National). White unity is the only way and a real powerful Europe is the solution.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
the only way ozil has helped real madrid was by raising the club's popularity in germany and in the middle east, which is the reason why he is in the club, like other germans-turks (sahin, altintop, khedira) or arabs (benzema)
http://www.castefootball.us/forums/threads/14466-arab-influence-in-real-madridi

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/25/business/global/25hochtief.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

http://sicom.cat/conflictesoblidats/2012/01/02/fichajes-mas-alla-del-futbol/

he doesn't play in real madrid because of his talent

that's the same way for a lot of arab players who play in europe
ben arfa and nasri for example

so far he's not doing very well:

It is no surprise then that he was tipped as one of the stars to watch at the European Championship in Poland and Ukraine. If Germany were going to live up to their potential Ozil was going to be the man to get them there. But after a subdued performance in Germany’s group phase people are wondering where the Ozil of 2010 is? Why has Germany’s golden boy failed to live up to his usually high standards?

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/foo...-ozil-underperformed-at-euro-2012_744289.html

Last edited:

Porthos

Mentor
Good performance by Germany today. I actually liked the substitutes Klose and Reuss - they should be kept in the team. Klose scored from an absolutely phenomenal header, he seems to have been in the air for 10 minutes! Reus scored a great first-touch goal. Schurrle did not do well, complicating too much, skying the ball, maybe the pressure was too much for him - he's only 21 - but he should try to do better. Philipp Lahm once more showed that he is the best left back in the world. Great defensively, always in position, great cross (probably the best crosser in the German team together with Schweinsteiger), scored a very nice goal (for a defender).
Boateng (as expected) was the "black hole" of the German defence (figuratively and for real). I don't know how Low can now justify keeping him in the team in such important competitive matches... I would understand letting him in for the last 10 minutes in a friendly against Luxemburg (so Germany can show huw they became multi-kulti), but in the EURO, a turnament stronger than the World Cup! No way...

After scoring the forth goal, the German team pulled back visibly. Someone obviously told them not to rub it in too much given the fact that this match was highly charged politically (i.e. Euro vs. Drachma derby). At one point Schweinsteiger had a free kick and instead of trying to score a fifth goal he passed the ball harmlessly. When a team is winning decisively (3-0, 4-0, 4-1), there is no need to gloat like Barcelona did against Leverkusen in Champion's league. Pulling back at that point is good sportmanship IMO. A real Aryan does not kick an opponent dying on the ground.
Too bad for Grece, they played well and were damaged by the referees. They have some really good players. I really liked the number 14 (Salpingidis) - fast, great technique, very sly - always in the right place... almost all of them seem to play for Greek teams which are not exactly swimming in gold, so kudos to this small nation fighting team. Too bad the team is a bit seasoned (many players over 30 or close to 30 years old) and I don't see fresh forces coming forward in that country.

Portugal played well yesterday but against a very modest Czech team who was quacking in their boots. Christiano Ronaldo is a great athlete as someone said, but I continue to be skeptical vs. Portugal's defence. Yesterday it was the first game someone did not score against them...

The turnament was plagued by referee mistakes, especially against "small" teams - Grece, Croatia, Ukraine. for example, in the Croatia-Spain game it was obvious that someone gave instructions to the referee to protect to the extreme the Barca and RM guys. It was enough that a Croatian player as much as glanced menacingly in their direction and he would get a yellow card. I understand RM and Barca want to get their expensive stars back from EURO in one piece, but what's too much is too much. Ridiculous...

frederic38

Hall of Famer
The turnament was plagued by referee mistakes, especially against "small" teams - Grece, Croatia, Ukraine. for example, in the Croatia-Spain game it was obvious that someone gave instructions to the referee to protect to the extreme the Barca and RM guys. It was enough that a Croatian player as much as glanced menacingly in their direction and he would get a yellow card. I understand RM and Barca want to get their expensive stars back from EURO in one piece, but what's too much is too much. Ridiculous...

the croatia-spain match must have been a dificult match to watch for a croatian like you :icon_mrgreen:
i'm usually for spain and for spanish clubs because of my education but in this match croatia deserved to win, and i don't understand why spain played like it was an easy match
at first the croatian didn't do anything, but in the last 15 minutes they crushed spain (i think bilic said it was their plan to attack only during the last 15 minutes)

there was this save by casillas against rakitic:
20120618-casillas-rakitic-horvatorszagspanyolorszag-focieb-2012.jpg

and this save by the referee:

248080_424318620946161_2101606114_n.jpg

overall, as strange as it sounds, croatia was better than spain and they deserved to play the quarter-finals
ukraine deserved to play the quarter-finals too
and greece was one of the best teams of the tournament
i didn't expect them to be that good honestly
without the refereeing they could have won the tournament
but UEFA didn't want it

i will compare this tournament with the last copa america: i registered on this site to comment about it back then
everyone was expecting a argentina-brazil final
it would have been a great final
who wants to see a paraguay-uruguay final?

but i knew that uruguay and parauay were the best south american teams, so i said that uruguay would win this copa america and that paraguay would beat brazil
i was right, because i have the ability to see the teams for what they are, i don't overlook a team because of their name
but in these european champs, it's way different, because the big teams are constantly helped by the refereeing
croatia was better than spain, ukraine better than england, and god knows who can beat the greeks in this tournament without friendly refereeing

with the same refereeing than greece-poland, greece-czech republic, greece-russia , croatia-spain, ukraine-france and ukraine-england, uruguay wouldn't have won a single match at the 2011 copa america

in europe now (champions league included) to understand some matches you have to take into account the refereeing

Last edited:

frederic38

Hall of Famer
aurent blanc is saying that france will play defensively
i hope that he won't play with 2 defensive middlefielders, because that would mean 2 blacks (alou diarra and mvila) in addition to clichy the black fullback

frederic38

Hall of Famer
possible line-up

France
: Lloris (cap) – Debuchy, Rami, Koscielny, Clichy – M’Vila, Cabaye, Malouda – Ménez, Ribéry – Benzema

that's what has been anounced in the media
it would be 6 whites, 3 blacks and 2 arabs
valbuena and giroud would come in during the match

i hope benzema won't score, but this is the worse defence that france has faced since the beginning of the euro champs, with sergio ramos who is not a central defender, and piqué who wasn't very good this season (fitness problems it seems)

giroud could do damage in a team that overlooks aerial balls, freekicks and corner kicks

i can't wait to hear arsene wenger talk about giroud during this match, he said that giroud's transfert to arsenal was 90% done
arsene wenger, who also happens to be a worshipper of the skilled spanish middlefielders, especially fabregas, his former player

Rebajlo

Mentor
As for Rebajlo it's ok, he's a typical example of what I just mentioned and he desperately needs an enema, the loser needs to get relieved obviously hehehe.

Haw, haw, haw! I'm glad that you provided your own laughter because you're not even remotely funny. Keep trying...

Porthos said:
I am sure your racial and anti-Jewish attitude overwhelmingly comes from your Polish side.

Porthos -

The "Polish side" certainly had a tremendous influence in shaping my somewhat virulent anti-Semitism. My father left England because of the influx of Negroes and Pakis, choosing to move to Australia due to the White Australia Policy (which was still in force at the time), so when it comes to "racism" it was a normal part of our household. I don't think I ever heard my father say the word "black" without immediately following it with "bastard"... :icon_lol:

But that would be an incomplete explanation of the genesis of my attitudes, which run far deeper than simply mimicking my father's views from earliest childhood. As things went, "racism" was the only thing I really had in common with my father, with whom I never got along. But enough about that...

Suffice it to say that "racism" has always been an innate, instinctive part of me. When I see a non-White, be it on TV, walking down the street, or wherever, I feel a visceral revulsion on a primal, organic level. To put it bluntly, I find it unnatural that every other White doesn't share such a revulsion.

Being a lifelong history and literature fanatic, reading adult history tomes from a precociously early age confirmed that Negroes, for example, have added nothing to the progress of civilisation while the contributions of other races have been grossly "overemphasised" so that knowledge simply validated my "genetic" or atavistic "suspicions".

Rebajlo

Mentor
From my personal perspective, these championships have been a disaster (but that's nothing new). Both of the nations I have always supported are write-offs. England has fielded more Negroes than anyone else (which is quite a feat, given the presence of traditional coal loaders France and the Netherlands), while Poland's team put in embarrassing performances and - even more significantly - wasn't very Polish at all.

I'm sure I don't have to expand on what bothers me about the England team. After all, a minimum of five or six blacks on the field at any one time is enough to extinguish the ardour of even the most dedicated "racially aware" fan. Looking at the England youth setups, things shall only get worse, which sinks one's spirits even further into the mire of melancholy...

Let's turn our attention to Poland. For me, this tournament should have provided more than enough excitement given that Poland is co-hosting the event: swarms of fans, festival atmosphere, home ground advantage, et cetera. Under normal circumstances, I'd be revved up beyond reason, literally bursting with enthusiasm - but, of course, these days circumstances are never bloody well "normal", are they?

I won't provide You with a dissertation about the shameless corruption and eye-popping incompetence of the PZPN (Polish FA) or the sand-pit dilettantism of coach Franciszek Smuda, which would have been apparent to anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of football tactics who watched a match involving Poland.

Even shovelling all of that steaming **** aside, the thing which pissed me off most was the sight of the following four players in Polish shirts: Damien Perquis, Ludovic Obraniak, Sebastian Boenisch, and Eugen Polanski.

Perquis and Obraniak are Frenchmen who just happen to have Polish grandmothers and cannot string together a sentence in Polish between them. This, of course, is hardly surprising, given that they are Frenchmen. After all, there's nothing better than "international" football, is there?

Then there's Sebastian Boenisch and Eugen Polanski, who patriotically decided to "opt" for Poland at the respective ages of 23 and 25 when it became clear that they had no chance of playing for Germany at senior level. I'd whistle these pricks at their every touch, yet the dopey fans accept such "committed" fellows playing for their national team. Little wonder that I cannot stomach this "sport" anymore...

I'd like to say a couple of things on the subject of Cristiano Ronaldo, who is easily the most vilified player since David Beckham. Like Beckham. Ronaldo has no shortage of haters who delight in criticising just about everything he does, ranging from each touch he takes on the field, to his haircuts, to his facial expressions, to the cars he drives.

Ronaldo didn't perform well in the first two games, but the ridiculous near-constant "negative" comparisons with Lionel Messi which he always has to put up with are, in my opinion, a joke. People despise Ronaldo's image and this influences their assessment of his abilities, with the word "overrated" popping up twice in every sentence, just like it did with Beckham.

Ronaldo's detractors love to point out that his successes can be attributed to playing for huge, wealthy, star-studded clubs like Manchester United and Real Madrid and that he is a dismal failure on the inetrnational stage.

But what about Messi? The same people who lambast Ronaldo and deify Messi generally omit to mention that the Argentine has played his entire career with Barcelona, in an era in which the Catalans possess one of the finest sides in history. If Ronaldo would be "****" playing for, let's say, West Bromwich Albion, would Messi be any less "****"? At least Ronaldo has proven himself in both Spain and England, where the game is far more physical.

Messi hasn't exactly delivered the goods in international football either and he is playing in Argentine sides which are stronger than Portugal. As Ronaldo himself pointed out in a frustrated response to fans chanting "Messi" whenever the Portuguese player touched the ball earlier in the tournament, the Argentine achieved bugger all at last year's Copa America...

Much is made of Ronaldo's lack of goals at the World Cup. Despite his prodigious hauls at club level, he has only scored two goals in two World Cup finals tournaments - and they were against Iran and North Korea. But, yet again, the people who compare Ronaldo unfavourably with Messi won't draw attention to the fact that the Argentine has only scored once in a World Cup. In fact, 16 of Messi's 26 international goals have come in friendly matches. In contrast, only 5 of Ronaldo's 35 international strikes have fallen in friendlies.

If Ronaldo was black, the media would probably be using the points I have outlined above in an attempt to "prove" that he is superior to Messi and most of the White fans who heckle him would automatically concur.

For all that it matters in my opinion Diego Maradona (mestizo background and all) was a superior player to both Ronaldo and Messi. Maradona in his mid-twenties would have been able to lift both the Argentina and Portugal sides of today to much greater heights - and that's guaranteed...

By the way, for some reason people seem to be labouring beneath the misapprehension that Germany has somehow fielded all-White sides up until the last couple of years when the facts clearly indicate otherwise. The 2002 World Cup squad contained one black (Gerald Asamoah), the 2006 World Cup squad contained two blacks (Asamoah and David Odonkor), while the 2010 World Cup squad was filled with non-Whites (Mesut Ozil, Sami Khedira, Jerome Boateng, Dennis Aogo, Cacau, and Serdar Tasci).

Most importantly, everyone also seems to forget about the half-Turkish Mehmet Scholl (despite Scholl's surname, his father is Turkish), who played in Euro 1996 and Euro 2000. Scholl would have won a lot more caps and played at a couple of World Cups in not for his frequent injuries. The days of Germany starting eleven Whites are long gone...

Porthos

Mentor
He puts De Rossi in the midfield even though he hasn't been playing there?

Daniele De Rossi is a defensive middlefielder, even though the coach retreats him to play central defender from time to time (against Spain). He can play in both positions. He will probably finish his career in defence.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
I'd like to say a couple of things on the subject of Cristiano Ronaldo, who is easily the most vilified player since David Beckham. Like Beckham. Ronaldo has no shortage of haters who delight in criticising just about everything he does, ranging from each touch he takes on the field, to his haircuts, to his facial expressions, to the cars he drives.

Ronaldo didn't perform well in the first two games, but the ridiculous near-constant "negative" comparisons with Lionel Messi which he always has to put up with are, in my opinion, a joke. People despise Ronaldo's image and this influences their assessment of his abilities, with the word "overrated" popping up twice in every sentence, just like it did with Beckham.

Ronaldo's detractors love to point out that his successes can be attributed to playing for huge, wealthy, star-studded clubs like Manchester United and Real Madrid and that he is a dismal failure on the inetrnational stage.

But what about Messi? The same people who lambast Ronaldo and deify Messi generally omit to mention that the Argentine has played his entire career with Barcelona, in an era in which the Catalans possess one of the finest sides in history. If Ronaldo would be "****" playing for, let's say, West Bromwich Albion, would Messi be any less "****"? At least Ronaldo has proven himself in both Spain and England, where the game is far more physical.

Messi hasn't exactly delivered the goods in international football either and he is playing in Argentine sides which are stronger than Portugal. As Ronaldo himself pointed out in a frustrated response to fans chanting "Messi" whenever the Portuguese player touched the ball earlier in the tournament, the Argentine achieved bugger all at last year's Copa America...

Much is made of Ronaldo's lack of goals at the World Cup. Despite his prodigious hauls at club level, he has only scored two goals in two World Cup finals tournaments - and they were against Iran and North Korea. But, yet again, the people who compare Ronaldo unfavourably with Messi won't draw attention to the fact that the Argentine has only scored once in a World Cup. In fact, 16 of Messi's 26 international goals have come in friendly matches. In contrast, only 5 of Ronaldo's 35 international strikes have fallen in friendlies.

If Ronaldo was black, the media would probably be using the points I have outlined above in an attempt to "prove" that he is superior to Messi and most of the White fans who heckle him would automatically concur.

i agree, i don't like how ronaldo was criticized like after his 2 disapointing matches
same for messi after the penalty miss against chelsea, or after his copa america

that's why i said after the 2 first matches that portugal didn't know how to use him to his full potential

like beckham, ronaldo is a very passionate player
both have cryed after a disapointing world cup match for their national team
messi, althought said to be the "good guy" while ronaldo is the "bad boy", is much more perverse than he looks at first glance

both are very representative of their respective countries

regarding the football, which is the most important, ronaldo and messi are very different

ronaldo, like i said, is a super athlete, so he is better on the headers, and he also has a better long range shot (something messi lacks, it was obvious against chelsea because it can be a very usefull thing to do when playing against a very defensive team)

messi, on the other hand, is 1000X more skilled than ronaldo (ronaldo is still very very skilled, but messi is on another planet)

it's amazing that these 2 very different players happen to be WHITES, both of them
it's not surprising for a player relying on skills like messi (althought it could have been a brazilian) but it's really amazing that the best athlete in football is also white

i also thought the same, if ronaldo was black, the media would talk about him 24/24 and he would be considered the best player ever
i thought this while thinking about how they always mentions that balotelli is one of the best, while he has not even 1/1000 the skills that ronaldo has

if i am not mistaken, all the big stars so far delivered the goods: ronaldo, rooney, ibrahimowicz...
the only ones who didn't delivered so far are benzema and balotelli - i hope it will remain this way

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i didn't get the censored word

Last edited:

Zeus

Guru
Germany is the best team of the tournament in my opinion. Greece played well but Germany was the superior team, end of story, congratulations to the "Germans".

Well the roster of Germany is not bad racially wise either, if you exclude a couple of blacks (3 I think, 2 who never play) and a Turk, rest 19 are Caucasian from various countries..........It's not a German team though, but a mixture of various nations. The Tunisian guy who I dislike personally, you must consider him white aka Caucasian if you consider someone like Johnny Depp, Al Pacino or Dan Henderson white. A good 41% of Tunisian population self define their-selves as white. I have been there, a lot of them look white to me, actually many of them reminded me the type of King Elvis, you know dark thick black hair, white skin and colored eyes.

Arend

Guru
if you exclude a couple of blacks (3 I think, 2 who never play)
There is only one Mulatto, Boateng.

and a Turk
Two Turks, Özil and Gündogan.
It's not a German team though
16 out of 23 Players are still 100% German, +Klose and Gomez who are essentially German.
The Tunisian guy who I dislike personally, you must consider him white aka Caucasian
No can do.
A good 41% of Tunisian population self define their-selves as white

I you can sense something European in a Tunisian, its most likely because of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_slave_trade
http://www.thebirdman.org/Index/Oth...al-WhiteSlavery/UntoldStoryOfWhiteSlavery.htm

not becuase they are really White