NFL 2013-14 Playoff thread

Ieroner

Someone should start a change.org petition encouraging the Chargers to give Danny more sweeps and screens.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Dalton exuding affeletic quatobacking skills. Single reads. Interceptions. I am loving it for SD.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bad interception by Dalton. He'll likely never thrive with the Bengals, he's the only bright spot on an otherwise thoroughly despicable organization, starting with the owner and his long-time fondness for thugs, and his head coach who screws over one talented White player after another.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Speaking of Woodhead, it seems he's been a shoestring tackle away from breaking a big run all day long!
I keep waiting for him to break one like he did with Jets (pre-season) and Patriots a couple of years ago.

foobar75

Master
Dalton throws another interception

This is where I'm going to disagree a little bit with Don's Flacco comparison. Flacco led his teams to the playoffs each of his first 5 years AND won a playoff game, including the SB last year. Dalton has not won a game and has a 1-6 TD-INT ratio in the postseason.

But I agree that he gets a disproportionate amount of blame from the DWFs.

PHillisFan

Master
I think it was bad timing by the Bengals owner to tell the media he never wanted to draft Dalton but wanted Krapernick instead right before their wildcard game. It's no wonder the Brown's have doomed the Bengals organization for years. To Dalton's credit he is the best qb they've had since Palmer.

wile

Master
It looks like Dalton gets no checkdown receiver or that any of the receivers will go over the middle. I could be wrong

Westside

Hall of Famer
Speaking of Woodhead, it seems he's been a shoestring tackle away from breaking a big run all day long!
I keep waiting for him to break one like he did with Jets (pre-season) and Patriots a couple of years ago.
Right, a ton of big runs by Woody were hampered by shoestring tackles.

PamelaOC

Banned
Even if I sympathize with Dalton, if the Bengals win they play the Patriots next week, and I gotta root for saltine-heavy NE.

Fortitud3

Guru
Jones had the defender beat and decided to look back and run sideways, thats not Daltons fault.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Speaking of Woody, I think he got hurt 5 or 6 plays ago. I hope nothing serious.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Ronnie Brown 3 straight slow, no quickness, no power runs in a row. And this guy has a NFL paycheck why?

Westside

Hall of Famer
Speaking of Woody, I think he got hurt 5 or 6 plays ago. I hope nothing serious.
SD now has slow blob Ronnie Brown in for the last couple of plays.

foobar75

Master
No Woodhead on SD'd last drive, a 3 and out. Is he hurt? They're giving CIN new life instead of icing the game. Ronnie Brown has somehow become the featured back.

Fortitud3

Guru
Bengals fans booing, then Bernard drops the ball and they don't boo.

They don't deserve Dalton.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
That run will guarantee Ronnie Brown an NFL position for the next four years.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Figures? Ron Brown breaks off a 58 yard coffin closing run! Why couldn't it be Woody or Matthews for that matter? Only in the caste system. BTW, SD said Matthews who has been gone the entire 2nd half was not due to injury but by design. Based on that logic, Woody was removed in this 4th quarter. By design. WTF!

PHillisFan

Master
I'm glad for Rivers. When the Chargers and Broncos meet a good game is expected. McCoy will have to have let Rivers air it out more because it might be a shootout.

PamelaOC

Banned
I'm happy for the team (Chargers) but Brown's one good run can't make up for a season of poor play.

The DWFs are ALREADY eating it up.