NFL 2013-14 Playoff thread

PamelaOC

Banned
Liberals often confuse "karma" with "schadenfreude."

dwid

Hall of Famer
Pride of North Platte looks great why they don't sweep with him is criminal.

according to some people you can gain big plays just as easily going up the gut on stuff like draw plays lol. Some people don't understand the difference between running inside and outside. I showed a video of how they could run him off tackle and to the outside out of shotgun with a lead blocker. Have him line up in the slot like he does sometimes, run sort of an end around and use the back lined up in shotgun as a lead blocker, or you can do it with Rivers lined up in shotgun by himself.

The problem is that they use Woodhead on 3rd down and hurry up offense, which is mostly shotgun, they haven't gotten much creativity with the run game out of shotgun, there isn't much of a selection unless you think outside of the box, so they just use draws to keep the defense honest.

another play is what they used ONE time with the Patriots, a toss out of shotgun, which counted as a pass, when it might have went a millimeter forward, it was his biggest play that year, 50 yards.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
They are having a field day with coop's drop. Coop will come back next year and have a better and more productive year provided they dont bench him for maclin.

I guess everyone expects white receivers to have better hands then black ones so when they drop a pass it's really stunning? After looking at that play over again, there was a couple of guys with a good line on Cooper should he have caught it. Yeah it would have been a decent gain but not a guaranteed score, so don't make too big a deal of it.

according to some people you can gain big plays just as easily going up the gut on stuff like draw plays lol. Some people don't understand the difference between running inside and outside. I showed a video of how they could run him off tackle and to the outside out of shotgun with a lead blocker. Have him line up in the slot like he does sometimes, run sort of an end around and use the back lined up in shotgun as a lead blocker, or you can do it with Rivers lined up in shotgun by himself.

The problem is that they use Woodhead on 3rd down and hurry up offense, which is mostly shotgun, they haven't gotten much creativity with the run game out of shotgun, there isn't much of a selection unless you think outside of the box, so they just use draws to keep the defense honest.

another play is what they used ONE time with the Patriots, a toss out of shotgun, which counted as a pass, when it might have went a millimeter forward, it was his biggest play that year, 50 yards.

And Woodhead scored the TD by "going up the gut."

dwid

Hall of Famer
And Woodhead scored the TD by "going up the gut."
Yes a whopping total of five yards. The guy with elite speed has a long of 14 yards rushing this year and a career long of 36 on these plays, actually I think the 36 yarder came in a single back set with a pulling guard. The toss play went 50 but counted as a pass, one of the few running plays he has had to the outside. I shouldn't even have to explain the difference to you. If you want to beleive Jim Brown is the best then go ahead. I guess Ali was the greatest boxer and so forth. Blah blah blah black hero worship. But hey you were there at every game, sure no Dwfs back then and 40 plus years of glorification and constant replays of his very best non stop with barely anything w Taylor doesn't influence someone at all. Keep watching NFL network non stop, they're not biased at all.

and it's not like the constant hype of Brown led to phasing out Whites running the ball leading to featured black backs getting 300 plus carries a season like OJ who led fans to wanting to see "exciting play" rather than winning.

Last edited:

PamelaOC

Banned
Wasted challenge by SD. They were never going to get it. If they were going to challenge anything it should have been "4th and 1." Although I would have loved to see a fake punt.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Phillip Rivers is a great quarterback and I'm glad he unexpectedly led his team to the playoffs after they became a bit more White friendly this year under a new coaching regime, but I won't be upset if the Bengals win because Andy Dalton has taken so much undeserved flak. Dalton is reminiscent of Joe Flacco, who became the first quarterback to lead his team to the playoffs in each of his first four seasons yet was often criticized until his brilliant play in last year's Super Bowl win. Dalton has been in the playoffs each of his first three seasons yet is somehow widely viewed as the weak link on the Black Bengals so a win today will alleviate a lot of that.

Yes a whopping total of five yards. The guy with elite speed has a long of 14 yards rushing this year and a career long of 36 on these plays, actually I think the 36 yarder came in a single back set with a pulling guard. The toss play went 50 but counted as a pass, one of the few running plays he has had to the outside. I shouldn't even have to explain the difference to you. If you want to beleive Jim Brown is the best then go ahead. I guess Ali was the greatest boxer and so forth. Blah blah blah black hero worship. But hey you were there at every game, sure no Dwfs back then and 40 plus years of glorification and constant replays of his very best non stop with barely anything w Taylor doesn't influence someone at all. Keep watching NFL network non stop, they're not biased at all.

and it's not like the constant hype of Brown led to phasing out Whites running the ball leading to featured black backs getting 300 plus carries a season like OJ who led fans to wanting to see "exciting play" rather than winning.

A "whopping total of five yards" is all Woodhead needed. You're the one who keeps bringing up Jim Brown.

PHillisFan

Master
Phillip Rivers is a great quarterback and I'm glad he unexpectedly led his team to the playoffs after they became a bit more White friendly this year under a new coaching regime, but I won't be upset if the Bengals win because Andy Dalton has taken so much undeserved flak. Dalton is reminiscent of Joe Flacco, who became the first quarterback to lead his team to the playoffs in each of his first four seasons yet was often criticized until his brilliant play in last year's Super Bowl win. Dalton has been in the playoffs each of his first three seasons yet is somehow widely viewed as the weak link on the Black Bengals so a win today will alleviate a lot of that.

I am rooting for the Rivers and the Chargers because between the top 3 qb's of the 2004 draft Rivers has yet to win a championship. Big Ben and Eli have 4 championships combined.

Westside

Hall of Famer
SD keeping the game close at half time is good. If I were the coach. Dink and dunk to his receivers and sweeps to Matthews and Woody. The SD defense needs to play man to man on the bungles wide outs.

dwid

Hall of Famer
A "whopping total of five yards" is all Woodhead needed. You're the one who keeps bringing up Jim Brown.
Ok so you have another reason why you constantly downplay the talent level of Jim Taylor, a WHITE back?

i agree, Dalton got the same flak as most White qbs coming out "system qb, weak arm, weak competition"
yet he is doing great, but I am still rooting for the Chargers, Rivers needs this.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
All five of the CBS pre-game and halftime caste clowns are wearing a U.S. flag lapel pin. About the only time I see those anymore -- which were all over the place after 9/11 -- is when Obama or a "leader" of Congress is sporting them. The NFL is a big part of the phony patriotism (undeserved knee-jerk government worship rather than love of the nation and its traditions which is genuine patriotism) pushed by the system.

wile

Master
The Packers run the plays Danny would excel in. But if you watch film then the play is odds are up the gut when the D has depth. They did run one play off left tackle for one yard but at least they showed something else

PamelaOC

Banned
Rivers finally did what he needs to be doing - throw some long passes. Next play - Chargers touchdown. He's too talented not to be throwing those passes.

So because he scored a TD he can't be used more effectively? Pathetic argument.

Woodhead would do very well if he was the first string runner and received 15-20 carries a game. In this way would "be used more effectively."

You're the one making a "pathetic argument."

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Sorry guys but I have to agree with dwid on his assesment. I have watched footbal for over 3 decades and there are two types of running backs. Power Backs and Speed Backs. Woodhead is a speed back. Nothing wrong with running him up the gut but he should get half to 2/3 of his carries running sweeps or plays set up to the outside. Power backs can run outside on occasion too but off. cood. know that they excel by getting the tough yards inside. Woodhead was underused in New England and is under used in San Diego. He also has been used in the wrong type of formations the majoirty of time on both teams. Play to a guy strengths.

Old Scratch

Mentor
Woodhead would do very well if he was the first string runner and received 15-20 carries a game. In this way would "be used more effectively."

You're the one making a "pathetic argument."

You pointed out that Woodhead's 5 yard TD was up the gut as if that shuts down any argument on the matter.

Westside

Hall of Famer
SD knocking on the door to put some nails in the bungles coffin. Its been great watching Woodhead as the feature back in the second half. I guess Matthews got hurt. Whatever, great tough running by Woody!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Woodhead is played to his strength as a receiver, but not as a runner. The latter can be said of virtually all of the few White runners the league has allowed over the past 30 years. Hillis in 2008 and 2010 was an exception.

At least Woodhead is used and has been for several years now thanks to Bill Belichick rescuing him from the scrap heap, one of a very few since the Caste System went hard-core in the mid-80s, otherwise he would have been forgotten like so many small and fast White RBs have been.

PHillisFan

Master
I think San Diego needs to be aggressive here and go for it on 4th down if they can't convert on 3rd down. Defense is playing better in the 2nd half so SD needs to try and put in the nail in the coffin.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I actually glad that they brought in Ronnie Brown to get stuffed on the trainwreck 3rd down call.

Pie

Guru
Woodhead's TD run up the middle was actually an outside run that he cut back on. His best couple of runs today have been outside runs where he cut back behind blocks set by his 3 white interior linemen. That's really why they need to run him outside more, he has elite quickness and good awareness on cut backs. His best attribute is wasted on a designed inside run.