Denis Boytsov

Good win from Boytsov. Guinn is a decent test for anybody, and he's never been KO'd. Its only going to benefit Boytsov to get the rounds and experience in. People forget that Boytsov is still extremely young and has a lot of room to improve!

There is talk of an upcoming fight between Vitali Klitschko and Denis Boytsov. First of all let me say I am a big fan of both fighters. From a fan perspective I think its a good fight and Id love to see it take place in Germany in the summer. I would expect Boytsov to lose a wide decision or possibly be stopped.

From the perspective of Boytsov, I think he would be better served to get 3 or 4 more fights before fighting a Klitschko. (In the case of Vitali that is impossible, 3 or 4 fights from now he will be retired!).

So, in the interest of Boytsov, Id love to see him fight someone like Robert Helenius before facing a Klitschko. Helenius is big and tall and can punch. That'd be fun and a nice "warmup" before the Klitsckos.

Helenius/Boytsov would be an awesome fight, the winner getting a shot at V Klitschko before retiring!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
"There is talk of an upcoming fight between Vitali Klitschko and Denis Boytsov. First of all let me say I am a big fan of both fighters. From a fan perspective I think its a good fight and Id love to see it take place in Germany in the summer. I would expect Boytsov to lose a wide decision or possibly be stopped."

Would be similar to Adamek v. Vitali.

Boytsov is 6'1, 218. He has fought as low as 201 so he likely cuts no weight. It would not be a hard cut to 200 and he would likely get a quick title shot at cruiserweight.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Boytsov ready to resume career

WBA/WBO #5 heavyweight Denis Boytsov (31-0, 25 KOs) is expected to return to action in a tuneup fight on February 9th in Berlin or Magdeburg, Germany. The unbeaten 26-year-old reportedly considered hanging up his gloves after promotional problems with Universum sidelined him over the last nine months. This issues with Universum (which is currently in bankruptcy) are still not resolved, however Team Boytsov plans to push ahead in 2013 and win a world championship in 2014. He is now looking to work with an American trainer and has had talks with promoters like Golden Boy, Sauerland Event, Sturm Promotions and K2, although Boytsov says he will never sign with the Klitschkos’ company.

Gibbon

Guru
Helenius/Boytsov would be an awesome fight, the winner getting a shot at V Klitschko before retiring![/QUOTE]

You'd pick Boytsov?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Boytsov is scheduled to fight on this coming Sunday, Feb 17. His opponent will be the 6'5" Brazilian Marcelo Luiz Nascimento.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Should be a very easy win, just a tuneup fight, and then hopefully he gets back on track. The Hamburg court freed him from his contract with bankrupt Universum.

Last edited:

Wes Woodhead

Mentor

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'm disappointed in Boystov. The competition he fought today was poor. This guy is clearly a top 10 fighter and can potentially beat Povetkin. Why not get in there with some guys like Bryant Jennings or Tony Thompson?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Denis Boytsov has signed with Sauerland.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/sauerland-inks-denis-boytsov-215555

Sauerland inks Denis Boytsov

sauerlandboytsov300.jpg
Photo: Team Sauerland

Heavyweight contender Denis Boytsov (33-0, 26 KOs) will step into the ring for Team Sauerland in the near future. The unbeaten 27-year-old who was previously in the now insolvent Universum Box-Promotion stable, signed a long term contract (until end 2015) with Sauerland Event.

“After Denis was officially without a contract, we immediately tried to bring him over to us,” said Sauerland managing director Chris Meyer. “Promoters around the world were interested in signing him. But in the end – and we are extremely happy about it – Denis has decided to join our team.”

Boytsov will move from Hamburg to Berlin and be trained by Karsten Rower. His first fight for Sauerland will be in the Fall.

Boytsov VS Chisora is an excellent matchup of "borderline" top 10 heavyweights. Both guys are coming off of wins, both guys are young and in their prime, and both guys are "live opponents" to win the fight. This is an excellent matchup and both boxers' promotional teams deserve credit for arranging such a competitive matchup. The winner of this bout is a definite top 10 heavyweight.

I'd like to see Boytsov win, and I think he should, but Chisora is a very tough customer and he's gonna bring it in this fight as always. Boytsov needs to be well conditioned and ready to fight hard every minute of every round. Gonna be a tough fight, I'd call it a 60-40 fight, in favour of Boytsov. Boytsov is the more skilled guy by far, throws great combinations, but he just needs to make sure his stamina is there on fight night.

Chisora is the type of opponent who will apply continuous pressure to Boytsov for every minute of every single round. Boytsov is much more skilled, hits with better combinations, and hits harder, but his conditioning needs to be great in order to withstand Chisora's pressure in the later rounds.

This will be an awesome fight to watch! Can't wait for it!

The "Great Black Dope" Deontay Wilder and his management should take note. This is the correct type of matches he should be taking by now, instead of fighting 40 year old has beens coming off of KO losses, anonymous journeymen and anonymous taxi drivers nobody has heard of.

Last edited:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
"This will be an awesome fight to watch! Can't wait for it!"

Same here.

Ambrose

Master
Ukrainian and Polish boxing websites are reporting that Boytsov-Chisora will not happen on Sep 21, but is in the works for late in the year. Denis will likely be having his first fight for Sauerland on his new promoter's card on Sep 14.

http://www.boxingbet.pl/artykul-3494/walka-bojcow-vs-chisora-w-innym-terminie

http://www.boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/6098-denis-bojtsov-o-boe-s-chisoroj-poka-rano-govorit

That makes more sense. Boytsov hasn't fought in a while and should fight someone before fighting a top 10 guy.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
That makes more sense. Boytsov hasn't fought in a while and should fight someone before fighting a top 10 guy.
Especially since the fight would be in the UK. In Chisora's last fight, Malik Scott was counted out by the referee after getting up at 8 or 9 even though he wasn't seriously hurt.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Especially since the fight would be in the UK. In Chisora's last fight, Malik Scott was counted out by the referee after getting up at 8 or 9 even though he wasn't seriously hurt.

Already forgotten and swept under the rug with all the other bull**** in boxing, like for instance Haye's so-called fight with his pal Harrison, and like Joe Cortez' blatantly crooked refereeing job in Hatton vs. Mayweather, really Hatton vs. Mayweather & Cortez, and a thousand others.

And by the way now Mayweather is fighting Alvarez in gangster owned Las Vegas so I expect some more funny tricks - and Joe Cortez getting trotted out in his little referee costume, or maybe they can get Randy Neuman But there will be a few thousand crazy Mexicans watching so we'll see. I was disappointed in all those drunken British hooligans who came to LV to watch Hatton in LV. I thought that at the very least they might storm the ring and try to lynch Cortez and Kellerman.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
[h=1]Boytsov camp denies Chisora fight[/h] [FONT=Arial Narrow, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT] Despite reports that heavyweight Dereck Chisora (17-4, 11 KOs) will face Denis Boytsov (33-0, 26 KOs) for the European heavyweight champion on September 21 at the Copper Box Arena in London, the Boytsov camp has flatly denied that this fight is on and says Boytsov will return September 14 in Stuttgart on the undercard of Marco Huck-Firat Arslan. Boytsov’s manager Gagik Khachatryan told Die Welt that Boytsov, who hasn’t faced a ranked contender in four years, was scheduled to face “an Americanâ€￾ who pulled out a few days ago and a new opponent is being sought. As far as when a fight with Chisora will actually happen, Khachatryan stated either in December or January next year.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/boytsov-camp-denies-chisora-fight-221738