Denis Boytsov

Blue Devils

Mentor
Boystov Opponent Named
Unbeaten heavyweight KO artist Denis Boytsov (25-0, 20 KOs) will face Jason Gavern (18-5-3, 8 KOs) on the October 10 "Universum Champions Night"Â￾ in Rostock. Boytsov (WBA #5, IBF #8, WBC #10, WBO #10) will be risking his world ranking and WBA Intercontinental championship.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I would have liked to see Denis Boytsov in with a ranked contender instead of Jason Gavern. Universum disappoints me sometimes.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
(from fightnews.com)

Unbeaten WBA #5, IBF #8, WBC #10, WBO #10 rated heavyweight KO artist Denis Boytsov (26-0, 21 KOs) scored a seventh round TKO over Jason Gavern (18-6-3, 8 KOs) on Saturday night at the Stadthalle in Rostock, Germany. Boytsov floored Gavern in round one with a huge right hand. Gavern was on the deck again in round two from a left hook to the chin and then was given a standing eight count later in the round. Gavern started clowning around in round three and continued to showboat as the rounds progressed. Gavern was dropped again in the sixth. Gavern was dropped twice more in the seventh and the referee waved it off. Time was 2:08. It was the first time the durable Gavern has ever been stopped.

Another impressive performance by Boytsov.
smiley20.gif

Yes boytsov was impressive.and i've ben reading some of the comments on a few boxing sites, and the socalled klitschko haters are now going after boytsov! so they could be called european haters and not just klitschko haters.....

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
Boytsov will face American Kevin Montiy 17-6-1(13) on Jan 9.

Universum should have Denis fight a ranked contender instead of Montiy.

Why is Boytsov going from fighting a ranked contender (Bidenko, WBA #7, Boxrec #17 at the time) to decent journeyman (Gavern, BoxRec #97 at the time) to clubfighter (Montiy, Boxrec #359)?

Parody said:
Blue Devils said:
Boytsov will face American Kevin Montiy 17-6-1(13) on Jan 9.

Universum should have Denis fight a ranked contender instead of Montiy.

Why is Boytsov going from fighting a ranked contender (Bidenko, WBA #7, Boxrec #17 at the time) to decent journeyman (Gavern, BoxRec #97 at the time) to clubfighter (Montiy, Boxrec #359)?
Well their holding boytsov back. Frit sdunek is the trainer of both boytsov and vitali klitschko. So they dont want to move dennis up to fast and run him into vitali...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Boystov should have a title fight by now. He is too good to be fighting bums like Montiy. Boystov receives very little recognition especially now that David Gaye has a heavyweight belt.

Blue Devils

Mentor
From Fightnews

Unbeaten heavyweight contender Denis Boytsov (27-0, 22 KOs) continued to move closer to a world title shot with a second round destruction of Kevin Montiy (17-7-1, 13 KOs).

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Great that Denis won today. We all knew he was going to win easily. I wish he had faced a better opponent today though.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Great that Denis won today. We all knew he was going to win easily. I wish he had faced a better opponent today though.

I agree - I hope Universum finds a more meaningful opponent for Boytsov next time out.

But that being said, today Denis did what a world-class fighter is supposed to do to a clubfighter by stopping Montiy within two rounds.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
As late as 2005 Boytsov came in at 202. Now he is about 220 but not sure he is big enough to compete at the elite level at heavyweight. I wish him the best though.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Boystov is a guy who could beat Haye. He probably will never get that opportunity though as Haye knows it a dangerous fight for him.

ww

Guru
lost said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Boystov is a guy who could beat Haye.  He probably will never get that opportunity though as Haye knows it a dangerous fight for him.
If Haye can get out of the Chagaev fight, Boytsov is #2

If the Gaye boy has to fight Boystsov he'll be coming down with every excuse in his arsenal to get out of it - hurt back, hang nail,  granny is sick,  whatever.  Gayeboy wants no part of Boystsov.  His expensive corn row do would get totally messed up by Boytsov.  

Edited by: ww

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Not really a fight I would like to see. Ustinov is very good but Boystov will easily beat him. Boystov is much smaller but way too quick for Ustinov.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
lost said:
Thanks Blue Devils,  I don't really like seeing European fighters sign with Amercian promotions,
<div>because they are no friend of white males...</div>

Oscar De La Hoya is okay and won't do anything to ruin European boxers.

But I don't trust Schaefer and HBO's Greenburg.