College football week 10

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Right JC. Shipley, 52 yards on 7 carries. Uiagalelei with two very bad throws, one behind Shipley. The other was just a bubble screen and DJ clearly threw the ball way off target, but the announcer said the ball went right through the receiver's hands. Two horrible throws by Uiagalelei.
JD Bertrand having a great game at LB for ND.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
That’s some sec speed right there. So Georgia’s 2 best offensive players are white with 84 and Bowers? Very interesting
correction: Georgia’s 3 best offensive players are White with 84 (McConkey), Bowers, and Bennett (their dual threat quarterback). very interesting indeed.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This Clemson Game is very depressing. I wanted to see them remain undefeated. Everything looks off today. The offensive line
is not blocking like they usually do. Less than a quarter and a half left and they are down 14-0. It would take an epic comeback but I just
don't see it happening unless they get a short field of a turnover.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Sam Hartman to Taylor Morin wake forest touchdown. Morin was getting interfered with and still made an amazing catch.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
has Shipley had a single carry off tackle? or off a counter? or a toss or sweep? every single run i’ve seen has been a delay or read between the tackles, and most have been dives right between center and guard. hard to find space there, even for such a dynamic player as Shipley.

and now Klubnik with a pick. Clemson looks out of synch tonight.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
And Klubnik throws a pick on his second play……
It's just been one of those type of days. Sadly Shipley won't be involved that much unless it's as a receiver as they need to pass just about every down to have any chance to comeback and tie the game. Wish I could be optomistic but I just don't see the normal Clemson Team
today. Credit Notre Dame and their defense. The DLine has had it's way as well as the secondary has played great.

It really sucks as Tennesee lost today and they could have moved up in the rankings.

On a bright side Oregon won again big behing Bo Nix throwing for 2 tds and also rushing for 2 tds.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It's just been one of those type of days. Sadly Shipley won't be involved that much unless it's as a receiver as they need to pass just about every down to have any chance to comeback and tie the game. Wish I could be optomistic but I just don't see the normal Clemson Team
today. Credit Notre Dame and their defense. The DLine has had it's way as well as the secondary has played great.

It really sucks as Tennesee lost today and they could have moved up in the rankings.

On a bright side Oregon won again big behing Bo Nix throwing for 2 tds and also rushing for 2 tds.

TCU and Michigan should both move into the Top 4 after this week. I think we all realized that Clemson's much hyped poly QB was going to be the Achilles heel of the Tigers this year coming into the season.

Michigan also needs to go pass heavy one of these upcoming games just to open up the offense for McCarthy.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Uglylady (or is it Ukulele?) throws a pick six. ouch!

Warhawk_46

Master
To appease the black rb who was probably throwing a fit early in the year when Luepke was dominating. Luepke is fine with lining up at fullback and trying to help the team win. My theory.
It was said in sarcasm.

The idea that the best players play is laughable at this juncture. Black fragility is at an all-time high.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Montana RB Nick Ostmo with a monster game - 26 carries 221 yds 2 tds

jphoss

Mentor

DJ is sooooo bad, if he were white he would've been benched weeks ago for the freshman. I did enjoy watching ND's 4/5 white o line and stud white te's utterly embarrass and destroy Clemson's coal d-line. Mayer played well catching a td and would've also had another td after juking clemson's athlete cb down the seam but Pyne really isn't a good qb. And it was good to see ND's white lb's and d-line show up and play well tonight

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Insane! Make that 8 passing TDs.
Tanner Mordecai finished with 379 yards and 9!! touchdowns and zero interceptions. He also added 54 yards rushing and another touchdown. Wow, when was the last time a player was responsible for 10 touchdowns? Also for SMU RB Tyler Lavine had 25 carries for 146 yards and a touchdown.

For Houston, Clayton Tune threw for 527 yard and 7 touchdowns. He added 111 yards rushing with an additional touchdown. This was clearly a defense optional game and I haven’t checked but would wager that both defenses are almost entirely coal black.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tanner Mordecai finished with 379 yards and 9!! touchdowns and zero interceptions. He also added 54 yards rushing and another touchdown. Wow, when was the last time a player was responsible for 10 touchdowns? Also for SMU RB Tyler Lavine had 25 carries for 146 yards and a touchdown.

For Houston, Clayton Tune threw for 527 yard and 7 touchdowns. He added 111 yards rushing with an additional touchdown. This was clearly a defense optional game and I haven’t checked but would wager that both defenses are almost entirely coal black.

Pretty sure Houston was either totally black or had one White defensive starter. I do know that their best pass rusher Derek Parish (White) was lost in late September for the year with an injury.

An insane showing by both those QBs. SMU TE Ben Redding caught three of the TD passes.

Glad to see Alabama lose. All their DWFs are crying about how they wasted Bryce Young's career and he is the best player in Alabama history. One idiot referring to Young not winning a national title at Alabama as a "tragedy". Fact is Young is a system QB and Saban's defensive recruiting has been questionable but Young was not able to overcome the defensive shortcomings and elevate the team. I also see Bill O'Brien getting a ton of criticism. Saban and Young both seem immune from it.

I don't mind Clemson losing either. Perhaps Dabo now realizes that Uiagalalei was not worth the 5 start hype. I've never seen such a heavy footed QB, he just looks like his feet are in cement to me. He was the weakest link on the Clemson team and it cost them a playoff spot. I'd get Klubnik in there more down the stretch and prepare him as starter for next season.

Ohio State's failure to dominate Northwestern should also be a red flag. The weather was bad however Stroud was terrible passing the ball, less accurate than his less celebrated counterparts on Northwestern.

Michigan dominated Rutgers in the second half, I still think they need to get McCarthy comfortable passing the ball more in the event they get into a shootout. Right now they are essentially using the Stanford method - dominant running game, timely passing and a strong defense to steamroll opponents.

I caught some of the TCU game and being a Big 12 team with a questionable defense is the norm. However, Duggan seems to make timely plays and is fun to watch. An overlooked and disrespected played when it comes to the Heisman conversation. For a player who lost his starting job coming into the year, getting it back due to injury and leading TCU to a 9-0 record it seems like he should be getting more publicity.

UGA dominated the overrated Volunteers. They are by no means a White friendly team but Bennett, Bowers and McConkey are all integral to their success. Bennett certainly proved me wrong and I would think his draft stock should be rising. If an undersized quota in Bryce Young can be hyped as a top 5 pick than Bennett with a similar build, style of play and arm should certainly warrant more consideration. The lack of touches by Bowers is frustrating - if they gave him more touches every week he would be leading the Heisman conversation.

Speaking of Heisman - Drake Maye should now be considered the favorite. Hooker and Stroud both laid eggs. Considering that UNC struggled in 2021 to see what Maye has done as a RS Freshman has been pretty remarkable. He wasn't plugged into a system as the Alabama, USC and Tennessee quotas were. He came in and became the catalyst for success. Impressive QB and athlete. He has a chance at 40 TDs passing this year.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Great recap. Here is the that Taylor moron catch

Funny how no one mentioned he was interfered with and still had the hand eye coordination to bring that catch in. Apparently he has a whole slew of circus catches. Hadn’t heard his name much but I think he needs more hype from us here.

Warhawk_46

Master
DJ is sooooo bad, if he were white he would've been benched weeks ago for the freshman. I did enjoy watching ND's 4/5 white o line and stud white te's utterly embarrass and destroy Clemson's coal d-line. Mayer played well catching a td and would've also had another td after juking clemson's athlete cb down the seam but Pyne really isn't a good qb. And it was good to see ND's white lb's and d-line show up and play well tonight
What happened to Brian Bresee? I know his younger sister tragically passed away a few weeks back and now logs very few snaps.

I hope he combed back next season and solidifies himself as the premier defensive lineman in the country.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
What happened to Brian Bresee? I know his younger sister tragically passed away a few weeks back and now logs very few snaps.

I hope he combed back next season and solidifies himself as the premier defensive lineman in the country.

I think Breese is still dealing with some injury issues along with the sad and unfortunate loss of his sister.