College football week 10

Rocky B

Master
Ball St vs Ohio.

Steele for Ball St and McCormick starting for Ohio.
Two lunch pails starting at running back.
On ESPN now.

Rocky B

Master
Two different games. But cool to have a starting running back in each game....

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ball St vs Ohio.

Steele for Ball St and McCormick starting for Ohio.
Two lunch pails starting at running back.
On ESPN now.
Carson "Superman" Steele already has 11 rushes for 85 yards and 1 td at the half. The kid can do it all. Complete all around
big starting running back. He is only a sophmore so it's entirely possible he can get even better over the next 2 years. The kid
is NFL Ready but will the NFL be ready for Thor in another year or 2. What he is doing is even more special as Ball State is not
a very good team yet the kid still gets his yards game after game. One of the finest rb's in the country!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ball State retakes the lead with 2 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. Steele has 176 yards rushing! :)

TwentyTwo

Master
Yes indeed WL! & Rocky B!
MACtion did not disappoint tonight!

Carson Steele finished 192 yards Rushing 29 carries & TD + One handed snag for 8 yards.
Announcer said he was a "RB a the Next Level" after the spin move run! And running style like "Beast Mode"

Freshman TE tandem Tanner Kozoil had 6 rec 68 yards & YD ; Brady Hunt had 5 - 61

Ohio U. WR Sam Wiglusz had a nice game 6 receptions for 131 yards & 2 TD's! One of his longer runs was surprised he actually caught from behind by Buffalo LB Shaun Dolac (one of the Nation's Leading Tacklers!)

....QB Kurtis Rourke 317 yards passing 5 TD's! + 45 yards rushing
Jake Neatherton finally getting a carry ; nice run for 16 yards ...looks a lil' like Carson Steele w the blonde locks. But WHY ONLY ONE CARRY? Nolan McCormick had 8 carries only 16 yards + 12 yard catch

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Wow, I’ve got to follow Carson Steele more closely! Cool name and great appearance with unbelievable talent.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Steele is over 1000 yards with 3 games to go. Great sophomore campaign!

I see that the playoff committee put Tennessee at number 1 followed by Ohio State, UGA and Clemson. Michigan is arguably better than Clemson without the weakness at QB. Ohio State has played 2 away games and will only play 4 all season. UGA plays Tennessee this weekend and will hopefully win. Alabama of course gets preferential treatment over TCU who is still undefeated.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
... Jake Neatherton finally getting a carry ; nice run for 16 yards ...looks a lil' like Carson Steele w the blonde locks. But WHY ONLY ONE CARRY? Nolan McCormick had 8 carries only 16 yards + 12 yard catch
ESPN’s box score was incorrect for the Ohio game. Neatherton actually had 13 carries for 68 yards and a touchdown.

Warhawk_46

Master
Steele is the real deal. With another year or two like this year, the NFL will have no choice but to see him drafted.

I hope he tests well as the ptb will look for anything and everything to denigrate him. My guess is his confidence will build so much over the next couple of years that he will be vocal about his abilities just as McCaffrey was.

El Gringo

Mentor
Steele is the real deal. With another year or two like this year, the NFL will have no choice but to see him drafted.

I hope he tests well as the ptb will look for anything and everything to denigrate him. My guess is his confidence will build so much over the next couple of years that he will be vocal about his abilities just as McCaffrey was.
Agreed! With another thousand yard season he should be good to go. At 6’1 215 it will be hard for the draft cucks to want to move him to te/hb/fb. Hopefully he doesn’t grow an inch and gain 20 pounds or he’ll be a blocking back, like Nall and Horvath. I guess Nall didn’t even get the opportunity to be a blocking back or te/hb/fb.

TwentyTwo

Master
ESPN’s box score was incorrect for the Ohio game. Neatherton actually had 13 carries for 68 yards and a touchdown.
Thanks Jimmy C! What makes this site hard to beat! Knew something had been off; surely would have more than 1 carry after a nice 16 yard run; McCormick was playing too...but was watching more of the Ball St/Carson Steele game sprinkled with some MLB World Series....

Coming into last nights game the 6th year Sr. Neatherton only had 2 carries for 15 yards...weird huh! Last night was a career high for him! Good to see. Maybe he can finish with a strong November!

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Yes we all know how talented Carson Steele is. The problem is there is no sure thing. Borghi had incredible ability at WSU rushing and
receiving for 3 to 4 thousand yards and tieing the all time td school record. He was ignorred and shafted like so many others!

This is the NFL we are talking about? I never will say it's a sure thing until they are drafted high enough and actually brought in to
have a role on a team. In a fair world he would be a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. It's not a fair world but a very anti white world. Regardless
the cream rises to the top. Both Steele and Shipley should be drafted. I just have seen too many of our guys get screwed. It's never a sure
thing for any white football player but especially even more so for a white running back. Only thing harder to crack is the white cornerback!

One last thing with Brad Roberts having a bye week, Carson Steele over took him a several other guys to move up to the 4th leading rusher
in all of the NCAA. Way to go Thor! Way to go Superman Carson Steele! :Saeufer:

Last edited:

TwentyTwo

Master
CBS Sports Network Rice WR Brad Rozner just had a long TD catch; nice run along sidelines CALLED BACK for a "Terrible Holding Call""....TV announcers agree!! AGGRAVATING! ....nice wheels at 6'-5"! Makes a nice 1 - 2 Combo with dynamic Luke McCaffrey

App. State vs Coastal Carolina on ESPN should be an interesting game just kicking off .

Last edited:

Rocky B

Master
CBS Sports Network Rice WR Brad Rozner just had a long TD catch; nice run along sidelines CALLED BACK for a "Terrible Holding Call""....TV announcers agree!! AGGRAVATING! ....nice wheels at 6'-5"! Makes a nice 1 - 2 Combo with dynamic Luke McCaffrey

App. State vs Coastal Carolina on ESPN should be an interesting game just kicking off .
I saw that play 22, it was BS.....Watching due to Luke,....There’s a high school game on where a kid named Ty Walls just caught a TD pass and schooled the DB, nice play. The other team has a thick running back starting and looking good.....(Bixby vs Jenks) Oklahoma teams. I’ll keep an eye on the game and post in the high school thread if I notice some potential recruits......

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Luke McCaffrey has simply exploded as he’s emerged over the past three games. where has he been all career long?! that he’s been jerked around for this long (hello, Nebraska. i’m looking at you!) is yet another example of the “experts” being poor at their job of “evaluating talent.”

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Bradley Rozner over 100 yards and a td. The NFL should give him a look even if it was as a tightend. I would rather see him stay at
the wide receiver position. I love tall fast guys catching the ball. They just cannot be stopped!

TwentyTwo

Master
Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
nice to see UConn sticking with Rosa. at one point, he had something like 12 carries for 20 yards. the poor average was due to all the penetration by the defense hitting him repeatedly deep in the backfield, but still a lot of coaches would’ve taken him out. here’s hoping this young man continues to blow up in future.

sprintstar

Mentor
Nice wheels on the long run by the Duke QB, defender had angle on him and he just blew past him!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Nice wheels on the long run by the Duke QB, defender had angle on him and he just blew past him!

Leonard is having a fantastic year. Both he and Drake Maye (the best QB in the country) are great players. One of the better stories of the season are these two QBs.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Charlie Jones facing his old team and two of the best DBs in the country - Riley Moss and Cooper DeJean

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Charlie Jones is a focal point of the Purdue offense early. he’s been targeted 6 times already, including picking up a ticky-tack holding penalty on Riley Moss and a 41-yard gain against DeJean.

that being said, DeJean has also locked him down twice, and Moss nearly had an interception.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
LaPorta with a BIG catch and run. Petras finally throws a ball on target after having missed each of his tight ends earlier.