Caste matchups week eight

referendum

Mentor
I have mixed feelings about Wisconsin losing. I'd rather have had a Wisconsin LSU national title game than a LSU Oklahoma St or LSU Clemson final, but I understand that because of Wilson there is not a lot of Badger support out there.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I have mixed feelings about Wisconsin losing. I'd rather have had a Wisconsin LSU national title game than a LSU Oklahoma St or LSU Clemson final, but I understand that because of Wilson there is not a lot of Badger support out there.

My take is that some posters subliminally bought into the Russell Wilson-hype, which is unfortunate. Remember, they had a very weak non-conference schedule. When you buy into the media's propaganda, you are only giving them "more power than they deserve." If Wilson ends up as a 1st round pick (or in Kaepernick, Pat White, T-Jack, Armanti Edwards territory), he will fail anyways. So, nothing to worry about.

Also, if you watched Wisconsin in recent (televised) games, you would have seen them doing "cutesy, gimmicky plays" that really was a warning for the future against tougher opponents. It was there for those who were willing to see.

It's not that Wisconsin couldn't have defeated Michigan State, but, fact remains, they weren't going to "steamroll" everybody. Wisconsin did have a "competent QB" last year (even if the MSM wants to deny it), and what happened? They lost their Bowl Game to TCU, which shocked many people. So, I ask, why would Wisconsin somehow be "unbeatable" this year? They also lost two 1st rounders in J.J. Watt and Gabe Carimi...

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Northwestern used to be a "crown jewel" of CF, but no longer, it seems. Vandy over Army is kind of expected, no? Same with Oregon over Colorado, Tulsa over Rice, Northern Illinois over Buffalo and Florida State over Maryland.

Utah State has a black quarterback, and I don't think they start 11 Whites. They have quite a bit of Polys. I acknowledge that Southern Mississippi is a good team. Austin Davis is having a good year for them.

There are some good wins that weren't mentioned, like Wake over Duke and NC State winning at Virginia. Wake's improvement this year is inspiring.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
My take is that some posters subliminally bought into the Russell Wilson-hype, which is unfortunate. Remember, they had a very weak non-conference schedule. When you buy into the media's propaganda, you are only giving them "more power than they deserve." If Wilson ends up as a 1st round pick (or in Kaepernick, Pat White, T-Jack, Armanti Edwards territory), he will fail anyways. So, nothing to worry about.

Also, if you watched Wisconsin in recent (televised) games, you would have seen them doing "cutesy, gimmicky plays" that really was a warning for the future against tougher opponents. It was there for those who were willing to see.

It's not that Wisconsin couldn't have defeated Michigan State, but, fact remains, they weren't going to "steamroll" everybody. Wisconsin did have a "competent QB" last year (even if the MSM wants to deny it), and what happened? They lost their Bowl Game to TCU, which shocked many people. So, I ask, why would Wisconsin somehow be "unbeatable" this year? They also lost two 1st rounders in J.J. Watt and Gabe Carimi...

Not sure if this was aimed at me but I did not buy into the Wilson hype. The media was hyping him up, DWFs were hyping him up, I never bought into the hype. Anytime a black quarterback is playing I always hope they lose. QB is the last position that the caste system has yet to take over. In the grand scheme of things black quarterbacks need to fail. Tolzien was just as good as Wilson yet he received none of the hype.

wile

Master
I thought Indiana's white corner played solidly, even if the team as a whole was out matched.

northwinds

Mentor
Texas Tech beating Oklahoma but the Sooners are coming back. Would be great to see them lose.

A Stanford-Boise State national championship would be great.

Frankly, I would rather see a Stanford v. LSU/Bama winner NC game. That would be the caste football match-up of the decade. It couldn't get much better than the season beginning with Boise crushing SEC Georgia......and ending with Stanford beating either LSU or Bama. That would help to shut up some of the obnoxious SEC fans for a few months....:smiley: If the NC game is Stanford/Boise you wouldn't be able to go two hours without hearing about it being a meaningless NC game with two undeserving teams, etc.....and whoever won would be seen as a dubious champion...