Caste matchups week eight

foobar75

Master
During the pre-game segment of the Stanford-Washington game, they talked about the two QBs, and Matt Millen ends the commentary on Keith Price with "and of course that smile" while a picture of Price flashes on the screen with that 10000 megawatt, stadium brightening smile.Stanford off to a quick 10-0 start as I type this.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
I like the demographics of the Stanford team.

If only more college — and especially pro — teams could be like them, we'd have a lot less to complain about. I appreciate that they give Whites on defense a fair presence, and also sensibly have mostly Whites on the line defending Andrew Luck. This, when combined with their recent use of Gerhart as feature runningback makes them a good example for other teams to follow.

Compared to a worthless school like Florida State or some other SEC garbage team, Sanford is a refreshing sea change.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I like the demographics of the Stanford team.

If only more college — and especially pro — teams could be like them, we'd have a lot less to complain about. I appreciate that they give Whites on defense a fair presence, and also sensibly have mostly Whites on the line defending Andrew Luck. This, when combined with their recent use of Gerhart as feature runningback makes them a good example for other teams to follow.

Compared to a worthless school like Florida State or some other SEC garbage team, Sanford is a refreshing sea change.

At Stanford they actually have academic stanards. That plays a huge roll in the demographics of the team. SEC and those other schools bring these affletes for the sole purpose of sports. There is no way in hell 90% of those affletes could get into any of those schools based on academics.

foobar75

Master
38-14 Stanford, as they are utterly destroying the overrated thugs from WA. Mr. room-brightening smile just threw a pick-6.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Bama's finally rollin' against the Tennessee All-Blacks.

Michigan State's making it a game against Wisconsin.

Southern Miss. -- dark as they may be -- has been a good team this year. They are trying to get another W, against SMU this time.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I loved seeing Nebraska win big today. Alot of critics didn't think they would have the speed to play in the Big Ten. Gee I wonder why they said that. Burkhead and Martinez are as fast as they come. Stupid media and fans. Haha. Rex Burkhead continues to help his chances of moving up that nfl draft board someday. I can't wait even though I'm enjoying watching him tear it up for the Huskers.

Zach Line is having a good game with 59 yards rushing in the first half.

Stanford looks unbeatable and they are doing it against a talented Washington Team. I love watching this game.

I still feel bad for McGuffie as he has just about disapeared from the Rice offense again.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Tyler Gaffney with 117 yards and a TD in the 3rd!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Michigan State scores a TD! And a beautiful 2-point conversion to Cunningham.

Highlander

Mentor
Line breaks a 45 yard run down to the 10 yard line of the Black Eagles. He has 18 rushes for 144 yards now.

Announcer just called him "deceptively fast".

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Southern Miss with the pick in the endzone. They'll probably win now.

And, congrats to Matt Barkley for defeating the faux Irish..

Riddlewire

Master
Russell Wilson completely exposed by Michigan State.
He's nothing but a dink 'n' dunk game manager who has benefitted from a massive offensive line. No Heisman here.

Edit: And just after I post, Cousins makes a horrible decision that might change the game.

foobar75

Master
65-21 Stanford!! The MVP of the game is the (nearly) all-White Cardinal offensive line. However, according to Millen, they would have problems with the speed of some of those SEC teams. Nevermind that Stanford destroyed a similarly fast and affletic team last year in the Orange Bowl.

Highlander

Mentor
Line finishes with 163 yards on 22 carries, 0TDs.

Highlander

Mentor
Good to see a dent put in the Heisman chances for Wilson, although I still think Wisconsin is the better team...better to be lucky than good. MSU is probably the weakest 6-1 ranked team out there, in my opinion.

Riddlewire

Master
Good to see a dent put in the Heisman chances for Wilson, although I still think Wisconsin is the better team...better to be lucky than good. MSU is probably the weakest 6-1 ranked team out there, in my opinion.

No way.
Arkansas almost lost to Ole Miss.
They have no defense to speak of. They can't pass protect and they can't run block. MSU would defeat them easily.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

I think PSU is the weakest 1 loss team, not sure if they are ranked though. Also I am glad Wilson did not play particularly well tonight, he was exposed. He should be out of heisman contention now.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Good to see a dent put in the Heisman chances for Wilson, although I still think Wisconsin is the better team. MSU is probably the weakest 6-1 ranked team out there, in my opinion.

I said all along -- and that includes the ridiculous "Wilson Heisman campaign" that seems to have grown due to injuries to Lattimore and LaMichael James -- that the media putting their mitts all over Wilson was pure desperation on their part. He isn't in the mold of the "media's dream QB".. but, again, the MSM was desperate to have their "Godman!"

Brandon Weeden, Matt Barkley and Case Keenum should be Heisman candidates before Wilson is ever considered..

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Riley Nelson played well for BYU 11/17 for 215 yards and 3 td also 7 rushes for 62 yards and 1 td on the ground.
Bryan Bennett was 11/20 for 156 yards and 6 rushes for 69 yards for the Oregon freshman.
Jarred Abbrederis had 4 rushes for 33 yards and 6 rec for 91 yards inWisconsin's loss.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Texas Tech beating Oklahoma but the Sooners are coming back. Would be great to see them lose.

A Stanford-Boise State national championship would be great.

Highlander

Mentor
I think PSU is the weakest 1 loss team, not sure if they are ranked though. Also I am glad Wilson did not play particularly well tonight, he was exposed. He should be out of heisman contention now.
Now that PSU appears to have finally settled on McGloin as their starting QB (he played the entire game today), they looked much stronger today. I don't know if they are ranked now, either, but probably will be come tomorrow.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I am glad PSU finally went to McGloin. Up to this point of the season the way they were treating the QB position has been a joke. Hopefully Bolden leaves PSU for good and maybe they will stop recruiting black quarterbacks.

With Oklahoma and Wisconsin losing Stanford and Boise should have a nice boost in the rankings.

I can't say enough how happy I am Wisconsin lost, the Wilson hype was really beginning to reach fever pitch.

Nice to see Bennet the Oregon back up QB have a big game. It would be great if he just took the job from Thomas.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Texas Tech is using a white CB, Sawyer Vest! I'd never thought I'd see that, especially with Tuberville in Lubbock.