Missouri 11 SD St 6
(W)
Nebraska 11 Wash 8
(W)
Bowling Green 9 Marshall 4 (W)

We are 12-7 with the Iowa/Ariz game remaining and Iowa currently down 14-0

foobar75

Master
Is anyone watching the Stanford-Wake Forest game? First off, tons of white players on both sides. We knew about Stanford, but I had no idea Wake had as many whites on their roster.

Anyway, Andrew Luck just ran for a 52yd TD, on top of the 3 he has already thrown. So far this year, he's clearly looked like the #1 overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft, with all due respect to Jake Locker who had a terrible game today.

Luck has it all, size, superb athletic ability, a great arm, and can also run very well at 6'4/235.

As for Locker, I know he can play a lot better than he showed today, and hopefully he'll rebound in the next few weeks. BTW, as I was watching the Nebraska-Washington game today, I can't ever remember hearing the words "speed" and "athletic" used as often as the announcers did when describing a white player, Taylor Martinez. Martinez is unbelievably fast. He made it look so effortless in that 80yd TD run.

Edited by: foobar75

Highlander

Mentor
Yes, the Stanford/Wake game is a good showcase of talented White players. Harbaugh brought in five new defensive coaches this year from the NFL with a combined 27 years experience, I believe. Stanford's defense has looked great so far this season and is dominating Wake in this game. Too bad they didn't have this defense last year. Unfortunately, WR Ryan Whalen went out with an elbow injury. I hope it's not serious.
Edited by: Highlander

TwentyTwo

Master
Is there a better pair of DE's than Arizona's "Desert Swarm" withRicky Elmore & Brooks Reed?? They are sacking the Iowa QB at will...LB-JUCO transfer Derek Earls looks impressive as well!

WR David Douglas had a nice game with 7 rec 74 yards 1TD

Sure miss not seeing Brandon Wegher play....

That was a sweet 52 yard run from QB Andrew Luck!!

How about Michigan State's fake FG for a TD in OT on the final play vs Notre Dame??Edited by: TwentyTwo

Deadlift

Hall of Famer

icsept

Master
Andrew Luck definitely looks fantastic this year. He's added some muscle and is a big strong pocket passer and showed some good wheels. Locker looked really bad. Granted, Nebraska was all over him. But, his decision making and accuracy were poor.

Borussia

Guru
Very impressed with Arizona's defense last night. I've never seen a recent Iowa OL handled like that. Stanzi though is frustrating. He does hold onto the ball WAY too long sometimes.
Couple of the sacks were Stanzi's fault. Um, Ricky, you can throw the ball away too you know..

This game had the making of a 'upset'. They were talking about it all week. Home team, at night, talented, they must have had this one circled all summer.
Iowa never got the running game open and this made Iowa one dimensional.
Give credit for Iowa fighting back in the 2nd half, but the line of scrimmage battle was ALL Arizona.
Frankly, penalties on AU and some fine catches kept Iowa in the game.

Arizona can have a special year. When the AU-Oregon game?
Wow, that will be a good one.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Case Keenum is out for the season with a torn ACL.

I feel for him, but I don't view him as NFL material. In big games, he usually doesn't showcase himself well.