caste matchups for week nine

Highlander

Mentor
Kalo said:
UNC transfer Mike Paulus 12-15 for 135 yards and 2 touchdowns so far!! Too bad Kuhn missed a 23 yarder on the opening drive. Should be 20-7!

I'm suprised that no one here has dedicated a thread to William and Mary football yet. They're a very predominately White team
&lt; id="gwProxy" =""&gt;&lt; ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" =""&gt;<div id="ref"></div>
You are free to add a profile of W&amp;M in the college football thread, if you want to...there's nothing holding you back. I'd be interested in reading it.

Highlander

Mentor
BC beats Clemson, 16-10
smiley32.gif

Kalo

Sounds good, I'll start one in the next couple of days. William and Mary is a very White friendly school for athletics.

They're 2009 Basketball team which lost to an all Black ODU in the CAA Championship last year went 21-12 and had road victories over Richmond, Wake Forest, and Maryland.

That team had four out of five White starters and 10 of 12 Whites overall. I went to a few of their games last year. They were a very fun team to watch!!

Watching the game live on espn.com

The Tribe is nursing a 10 point lead with 12 minutes but UNC is driving.
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref"></div>

snow

Mentor
Zach Line just reached the 100 yard mark only 14 carries with a 33 yard rush, then takes it in on a 6 yard touchdown the next play, making this game only a touchdown away for SMU to win.

The very offensive play (after a turnover) Line scores another touchdown from 7 yards out, making it a tied game. This will more than make up for his fumble in the red zone earlier in the game. Man Line looks really good. Now is listed with 146 yards on 17 carries, he now has had a 20+ yard runs in 7 games this season, which shows quickness. In the spread there are more unblocked defenders after the los, because wide receivers will not block that great, so you have to be really quick/agile.

Edited by: snow

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Tennessee deserved to lose... aside from starting a coal-black O-line, they, of course, have a nearly coal-black defense... and they made true frosh (RB) Marcus Lattimore look better than he is.

This presents an interesting "case study" when discussing size of White RBs and black RBs. Lattimore has some height and athleticism, but as far as "size"... he isn't "thicker" than our White 18-year-old prospective RBs.

I will contend that Whites are more likely to create an Adrian Peterson, streamlined-built RB... while blacks are more likely to create LeGarrette Blount's and Anthony Dixon's (obese-types). http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=13212

One of the biggest Caste-era lies is that "blacks are more likely to have streamlined physiques and loose hips." I see NO evidence that that is "more likely"... Just as with all the gangly black receivers and DBs, a "White" Marcus Lattimore would be called "too thin."

Kalo

W&amp;M down 21-17, not looking good. . . . . . . . . . .
smiley6.gif

Kalo

Tough loss for W@M. Both of their QB's got knocked out of the game.

They dominated most of the game but their Defense just got tired in the fourth quarter.

icsept

Master
TJ Moe with 5 catches 71 yds and a TD so far. A lot of praise for Moe in the Missou/Nebraska telecast: per Ron Franklin, Moe can bench 23 reps of 225 lbs. Awesome for a 200 lb wide reciever.

Another good game for Ryan Swope, with 7 rec. 105 yards so far. Mike Trumpy finishes with 21 for 110 and 3 rec 54 yds in a NW win.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Roy Helu just set the Nebraska single game record for rushing yards today. He has an amazing 304 yards and 3 TDs today.

snow

Mentor
I hope Gaffney sees the field today for Stanford.

Luck with a 51 yard rush on a zone-read play!

Edit: looks like i got my wish, Gaffney with 6 rushes for 28 yards and a td so far.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Mike Mauti is starting for Penn State alongside Colasanti... Pete Massaro got the start at DE.

And a White QB sighting, McGloin..

Highlander

Mentor
Utah - Air Force game tied at 7-7. Fun game to watch so far.

Highlander

Mentor
snow said:
Highlander said:
Utah - Air Force game tied at 7-7. Fun game to watch so far.
Do you know of a stream for that game?
Sorry, I don't. It's on one of the more obscure CBS C cable channels on Comcast out where I live. 14-10 now, Utah.
Edited by: Highlander

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

TwentyTwo

Master
Oregon WR- Jeff Maehl just made an incredible TD catch! He's having a big night! The afflete's can not guard him!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
James Morris LB Iowa freshman is a player to watch out in the upcoming years.

snow

Mentor
Its amazing how much better Penn State looks with McGloin in there. They won their last game with him coming in at the 2nd quarter, and it looks like they will win this one. The only wins Bolden had were against Kent St, Temple, and Youngstown St, (3 tds and 3 int), didn't win against any big 10 teams, unless you count the first quarter of the Minnesota game.

Highlander

Mentor
Man, that Utah defense is big, strong, quick, and they hit hard too...just stopping Air Force on a two-point conversion. Utah up 28-23 over Air Force, 10 min left in the 4th Qtr.

Highlander

Mentor
Stanford's defense held Washington to a total of 107 yards of offense.

snow

Mentor
I thought they should have called face mask on that crucial 3rd down play for Air Force in the 4th quarter, the announcers mentioned it, but yeah Utah does have a great defense.

Highlander

Mentor
Wow, looks like Texas is going to lose another home game, this time to Baylor, 22-30. Texas may not even become bowl-eligible this year.

Highlander

Mentor
How great would a Boise St vs. Utah championship game be? If it's even possible under the BCS.

Highlander

Mentor
TwentyTwo said:
Oregon WR- Jeff Maehl just made an incredible TD catch! He's having a big night! The afflete's can not guard him!
8 receptions for 145 yards and 3 TDs against the affletic USC secondary tonight.
Edited by: Highlander