caste matchups for week nine

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Good to see West Virginia GO DOWN for the second week in a row!!

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Deadlift said:
Good to see West Virginia GO DOWN for the second week in a row!!

The sports writers in WV love to put the blame for losses so far this season on the white O-linemen, specifically the tackles. Their linemen are supposed to be versatile enough to play all positions, yet overhyped Josh Jenkins-the one black player among the five-can barely get by at guard, hasn't tried his HS position of tackle, and receives virtually none of the criticism.

Anyway, it's hard to beat any team when your black "skill" players fumble seven times in one game.

referendum

Mentor
From here on, I'll only post a wider starter differential, about 5 or 6, for the smaller conferences, but keep the three criteria for the big conferences.

Purdue 11 Illinois 4
VA 8 Miami 2
Pitt 11 Louis 5
Northwestern 14 Indiana 9
BC 14 Clemson 2
Vandy 10 Ark 6
Kentucky 8 Miss St 5
Texas 8 Baylor 3
Wyoming 14 SDS 6
Stanford 13 Wash 8
Arizona 9 UCLA 5
Colorado 13 OK 7
Navy 13 Duke 10
E Mich 13 Toledo 7
Col ST 13 New Mexico 6
Wash St 13 Ariz St 9
Air Force 14 Utah 11
Ohio St 11 Minnesota 8
Oregon 10 USC 5
TCU 11 UNLV 8
Oregon ST 11 Cal 8

Personally, I'm ambivalent about several games, Iowa Mich St, Utah Air Force, and Nebraska Missouri are cases where I may actually root for the slightly less white team, for national championship purposes, as of course I'll be rooting for New Miss to beat Auburn. I'd rather see Mich St vs Boise St or Ohio St vs Oregon, or TCU vs Ohio St or something like that than an Auburn Oklahoma blackfest.

Mighty Joe

Even though Oregon start more Whites I will be rooting for USC and Matt Barkley because of the hype Oregons Black QB is now recieving.

Highlander

Mentor
Mighty Joe said:
Even though Oregon start more Whites I will be rooting for USC and Matt Barkley because of the hype Oregons Black QB is now recieving.
My thoughts exactly. Can't stand Kiffin's USC (hard to believe that he could be even more of a Caste whore than Carroll, but that seems to be the case), but sometimes there's a bigger picture in mind and this is one of them. USC isn't going anywhere this year anyway, so it's time to send Herbstreit's new boyfriend QB, Darron Thomas, home packing.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Illinois true freshman wide receiver Spencer Harris, likely the top wide receiver in the state of Arkansas last year, has been getting a lot of reps in the first half for the mostly black Zookies. he has 1 catch for 10 yards early in the game.

referendum

Mentor
I'm also torn about Oregon. I'll still be rooting for them over USC however, in that they have a fair amount of whites on defense (relatively)
a starting white WR and tight end. Its kind of like if New England was playing Arizona in the NFL, but had a black QB.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Ryan Kerrigan with a sack! he now has 7 1/2 sacks on the season.

the announcer said, "The future first round pick."
smiley20.gif

Highlander

Mentor
Nice to see Virginia ahead of Thug U 14-0. Jacory Harris got creamed on a hit and was knocked out of the game. Also, nice to see BC up on Clemson 13-10 late in the 2nd Qtr...hopefully they can pull that one out. Tennessee tied with SC 10-10, hopefully, Tenn can beat them too.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Tennessee senior linebacker Nick Reveizmade a touchdown-saving interception against South Carolina in the first half.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Tennessee TE Luke Stocker with a nice 12 yard TD catch! BC LB Luke Kuechly leads the FBS in tackles with 97 is having another nice game as well.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
according to the stat sheet (i'm unable to watch the game), Northwestern's Mike Trumpy had a nice first half. he accounted for 73 yards on just 6 touches (4 rushes for 24 and 2 catches for 49).

snow

Mentor
I am debating on whether I should go see Tulane vs SMU. A white runningback and a white cornerback in the same game. It takes an hour and a half to get there though. Does anyone know if there will be a stream? What do you guys think, try to find a stream or leave now to see it?
Edited by: snow

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i've not seen a stream listed for the game, snow.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Purdue has absolutely ZERO passing game. their top quarterback is playing with a broken handbut can't throw the ball. the back-up qb, an athletic White freshman, has good wheels. but he can't throw the ball either. Purdue's top wideouts are all injured. consequently,Illinois is stacking the line and daring the Boilermakers to throw, but they simply can't do it.

Purdue has had 3 White backs in the backfield on several plays today (starting tailback Dierking, starting dual-threat qb Henry, freshman backup running qb Robinson), but there's not been much room to run today in the complete absence of a threat in the passing attack.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i am curious ... why is John Goebel no longer a significant part of Cincinnati's running game?

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
i am curious ... why is John Goebel no longer a significant part of Cincinnati's running game?

Probably the same reason Cincy's only starting two white O-Linemen and moved Safety Pat Lambert to LB. The haven't used Goebel much all year. Too bad Kelly didn't stay longer, he probably would've used Goebel.

Highlander

Mentor
The backup black quarterback for Thug U makes Jacory Harris look like a Heisman candidate.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Cincinnati junior linebacker J.K. Shaffer is playing well today against Syracuse, both against the run and in the passing game.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Highlander said:
The backup black quarterback for Thug U makes Jacory Harris look like a Heisman candidate.

smiley36.gif

the ridiculous (and undeserved) hype surrounding Jacory Harris was quickly silenced by the atrocious reality of his on-field performance. i am sooooooooooo saddened.
smiley2.gif

Highlander

Mentor
Well, the Castifying of Cincinnati by their new Caste coach isn't working, results-wise. They are down to Syracuse 24-7. They had great team template last year...some coaches will never learn.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
touchdown Jeremy Ebert! his second of the day.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I'm watching the Thug U- Virginia game, and noticed the Cavaliers have a white WR who gets a lot of playing time, Matt Snyder, he's not listed as a starter, but he's been in on nearly every snap since I've started watching.