caste matchups for week nine

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Cincy has a couple of exciting players, including sophomore safety Drew Frey. but with Goebel not getting any touches and the fleet-footed Collaros not covering up the otherwise mostly horridoffense (excepting DJ Woods at wideout), the Bearcats simply aren't very good.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Highlander said:
Well, the Castifying of Cincinnati by their new Caste coach isn't working, results-wise.  They are down to Syracuse 24-7.  They had great team template last year...some coaches will never learn.

The "strange" thing is, this is Central Michigan's old coach, Butch Jones, doing this. He always had really white teams at Central Michigan. He probably wanted to let the fan base know he's committed to winning by starting a bunch of affletes.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Josh Cooper with a touchdown catch for Oklahoma State to take the lead over KSU.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Indiana's defense sure has a bunch of over-achievers getting playing time... Adam Replogle and Mick Mencer at DT, Kevin Bush seeing time at DE, Jeff Thomas and Mike Replogle at LB, with Chad Sherer seeing time, Mitchell Evans at SS, and Matt Ernest and Greg Heban at CB.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Oh my, the Big Ten announcer just said CB Greg Heban will be one heck of a player at Indiana... he's been making plays the whole game, and he has tremendous athleticism and potential.
smiley32.gif

Anyone who says whites cant play cornerback or defense in general should be watching indiana vs northwestern. Normally im always rooting for northwestern but this match up is tough to call with all the whites on indianas defense.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Mighty Joe said:
Even though Oregon start more Whites I will be rooting for USC and Matt Barkley because of the hype Oregons Black QB is now recieving.

I'm with you Mighty. We live on the southern Oregon coast and are Beaver fans all the way.Can't stand all the hype Oregon is getting, along with a very record friendly schedule(playing the Portland state Vikings for instance).

I also don't like the strong ties Phil Knight (Nike) has with the team.And lastly, WTF is up with all those uniform changes?They couldn't be more flamboyant looking if they came out of a Tenderloin district boutique!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Mike Trumpy is putting up good numbers today in the box score. how does he look on the field?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Iowa State speedster Josh Lenz just returned a punt 62 yards for a touchdown against Kansas.

snow

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:
i've not seen a stream listed for the game, snow.
thanks or the info, I would have made it there too late , and would have had to pay full price instead of finding a scalper before the game. I didn't find any streams either but I found a site through Tulane and Smu's website where you can sign up for a monthly or yearly subscription to watch the games, but you have to choose a particular school. I got the monthly at 10 bucks, I chose SMU because Id rather see Line play. I just hope it is legit and I don't get screwed somehow. I am definitely going to see Rice Vs Tulane in person though, can't miss McGuffie.
Edited by: snow

Highlander

Mentor
Nice to see Austin Cassidy (Jr) starting at Safety for Nebraska.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Colin Sandeman touchdown catch for Iowa!

snow

Mentor
I wish it were Burkhead getting the plays Helu is getting. Zach Line is putting up solid numbers so far.

Highlander

Mentor
Jack Lambert said:
Damn, it looks like a sumo is starting today for Jeremiah Sirles for Nebraska.
Also, Pierre Allen looks slooooooowww when trying to run down Gabbert...on one play Cameron Meredith almost got to Gabbert before Allen did when Gabbert was rolling out on Allen's side.

Highlander

Mentor
Haha, William & Mary is up 17-7 over the Tar Babies at Halftime.
Edited by: Highlander

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
snow said:
I wish it were Burkhead getting the plays Helu is getting.

as much as i'd prefer Burkhead toting the ball, i'm gonna give credit where it's due. Helu is making plays when he gets the chance. Rex just needs to start breaking off some long ones when he's in there. of course, sometimes things don't work out that way, due to play calling or what have you.

on a different note, the White defensive players for Iowa are playing terrific football today, especially safety Tyler Sash (who made an interception then a brilliant lateral afterwards that resulted in a touchdown) and the numerous linebackers, of whichIowa has a seemingly endless supply.

Kalo

UNC transfer Mike Paulus 12-15 for 135 yards and 2 touchdowns so far!! Too bad Kuhn missed a 23 yarder on the opening drive. Should be 20-7!

I'm suprised that no one here has dedicated a thread to William and Mary football yet. They're a very predominately White team
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref"></div>

snow

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:
snow said:
I wish it were Burkhead getting the plays Helu is getting.
<div></div>
<div>as much as i'd prefer Burkhead toting the ball, i'm gonna give credit where it's due. Helu is making plays when he gets the chance. Rex just needs to start breaking off some long ones when he's in there. of course, sometimes things don't work out that way, due to play calling or what have you.</div>
<div></div>
<div>on a different note, the White defensive players for Iowa are playing terrific football today, especially safety Tyler Sash (who made an interception then a brilliant lateral afterwards that resulted in a touchdown) and the numerous linebackers, of whichIowa has a seemingly endless supply. </div>

Yes I give credit to Helu but what I am saying is, why not give Burkhead some of those types of plays, both long runs were to the outside, in fact every long run he had this season was to the outside. Every single carry Burkhead has gotten this game and the last two has been straight up the gut, much harder to break off a long run that way, (he did it on a td run the other week where he disappeared for a few seconds and somehow made it through, the endzone was in the way otherwise it wouldve been a much bigger play). Helu had a few carries up the gut today and it was less than 10 yards. I was just saying, why not design a play for Burkhead to where it goes to the outside instead of limiting him, he did fine going to the outside earlier in the season. I think they should mix it up for both players. Both have the ablity to break off long runs to the outside and both have the ability to power up the middle, although I think Burkhead is a better receiving threat.
Edited by: snow

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Van_Slyke_CF said:
Virginia sends Miami to their third loss!

And Mike London went into histrionics (falling to the ground as if he was at a black funeral)... and ESPN dutifully stayed on the scene, giving the impression that Virginia had "just won a Bowl Game"...

No "agenda" at all.