2024 NFL Draft

Warhawk_46

Master
I’m very interested in his official time. He is an excellent athlete and I suspect he is faster than most scouts assumed (a no brainer).

The question remains: who will give him a chance?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I’m very interested in his official time. He is an excellent athlete and I suspect he is faster than most scouts assumed (a no brainer).

The question remains: who will give him a chance?

I would guess he ran in the mid to high 4.50's range. If I owned a team I wouldn't care if he ran a 4.70's time as the film doesn't
lie. The kid bench presses 400lbs likes it's nothing. He could have embarassed every nfl running back and countless other positional
players at the NFL Combine. The league could not allow that to happen! He squats 625lbs. How many other players if any can do that
and he is rock solid at 225lbs of muscle. Carson Steels is the strongest and possibly the most all around athletic rb out of college. I would
put Shipley 2nd. Carson Steele is like a Decathlete and any team should be jumping for the chance to sign him at a lower price! Watch
him outperform all the so called super star running backs with more melanin assuming that Steele got the same amount of carries!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I would guess he ran in the mid to high 4.50's range. If I owned a team I wouldn't care if he ran a 4.70's time as the film doesn't
lie. The kid bench presses 400lbs likes it's nothing. He could have embarassed every nfl running back and countless other positional
players at the NFL Combine. The league could not allow that to happen! He squats 625lbs. How many other players if any can do that
and he is rock solid at 225lbs of muscle. Carson Steels is the strongest and possibly the most all around athletic rb out of college. I would
put Shipley 2nd. Carson Steele is like a Decathlete and any team should be jumping for the chance to sign him at a lower price! Watch
him outperform all the so called super star running backs with more melanin assuming that Steele got the same amount of carries!
I just noticed lard ass Braelon Allen chose not to run at Wisconsin’s pro day! It will be interesting to compare his draft status to Steele’s! Another power back and workout warrior.

My brother just texted me Tanner Mordecai dipped into 4.4s at the pro day. What the?! Wasn’t expecting that. Knew he could scoot, but was thinking 4.6 guy.

Warhawk_46

Master
Agreed, Steele is a premiere athletic talent. He is productive when given opportunity to run.

That being said, a true alpha white man like him that can physically emasculate all the black boys playing defense in the NFL will not be allowed. My two cents.

Can’t afford another Peyton Hillis. It is why Ryan Nall was caste aside. Why Horvath continues to be caste aside. Even why Zach Zenner never really got a fair shake.

Shipley is more the McCaffrey mode of average size and not as capable of phsyically emasculating the black defenses (although CMC did all that and more he is the outlier).

I wish Schrader, Laube, Shipley and Steele success. I think two out if the four will stick and become difference makers, despite all the odds against them.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Agreed, Steele is a premiere athletic talent. He is productive when given opportunity to run.

That being said, a true alpha white man like him that can physically emasculate all the black boys playing defense in the NFL will not be allowed. My two cents.

Can’t afford another Peyton Hillis. It is why Ryan Nall was caste aside. Why Horvath continues to be caste aside. Even why Zach Zenner never really got a fair shake.

Shipley is more the McCaffrey mode of average size and not as capable of phsyically emasculating the black defenses (although CMC did all that and more he is the outlier).

I wish Schrader, Laube, Shipley and Steele success. I think two out if the four will stick and become difference makers, despite all the odds against them.

Excellent post brother. Spot on!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Sure enough 4.46 from Mordecai! That’s blazing.

CJ Goetz with a solid workout.
6’3 235
21 bench
4.75 40
33 inch vert
9’11 broad jump

*Trying to find information on UW Platteville’s Justin Blazek. D3 Edge prospect That made Feldman’s Athletic Freaks list.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Sure enough 4.46 from Mordecai! That’s blazing.

CJ Goetz with a solid workout.
6’3 235
21 bench
4.75 40
33 inch vert
9’11 broad jump

*Trying to find information on UW Platteville’s Justin Blazek. D3 Edge prospect That made Feldman’s Athletic Freaks list.

For some reason our guys run faster than expected while so many of the so called real athletes are not as fast as expected!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
One more nugget regarding Wisconsin’s pro day. Apparently Joe Thomas is an offensive line coach in Germany! Coached Marlon Werthmann
6’4 290lb mauling Guard
31 bench reps
5.5 40

Pretty good endorsement from Thomas and cool of him to use his connections help out the Big German!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
For some reason our guys run faster than expected while so many of the so called real athletes are not as fast as expected!
Mordecai mentioned training specifically for the 40 in his interview. Also said he expected to run well. Getting a good start, transferring his weight properly. I’d say helped his Draft Stock tremendously with that time.

booth

Mentor

I don't know if this is from his pro day or not, but I think it is very accurate of Steele's ability. It was updated on 3/13/24.

Warhawk_46

Master
I don't know if this is from his pro day or not, but I think it is very accurate of Steele's ability. It was updated on 3/13/24.
So basically he is downgraded for having shorter arms… what could unnaturally long arms help him with? He is a running back.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
So basically he is downgraded for having shorter arms… what could unnaturally long arms help him with? He is a running back.
I've always believed that shorter arms for running backs is better. If you have extremely long arms, it creates space between the connection of the ball to your forearm and bicep, thus making it easier to cause fumbling.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I did a search for Steele's pro day 40 time and found this description from an article:

1 day ago — UCLA Pro Day Report. UCLA hosted its annual Pro ... The first drill of the day was the 40-yard dash ... RB Carson Steele - 4.50. RB Colson Yankoff ...

The article itself is on a pay site and I wasn't able to read anything else but if he did run a 4.50 that's a really good time.

This is the url: https://247sports.com/college/ucla/...fl-draft-laiatu-latu-darius-muasau-228681426/

Warhawk_46

Master
I did a search for Steele's pro day 40 time and found this description from an article:

1 day ago — UCLA Pro Day Report. UCLA hosted its annual Pro ... The first drill of the day was the 40-yard dash ... RB Carson Steele - 4.50. RB Colson Yankoff ...

The article itself is on a pay site and I wasn't able to read anything else but if he did run a 4.50 that's a really good time.

This is the url: https://247sports.com/college/ucla/...fl-draft-laiatu-latu-darius-muasau-228681426/
That is fantastic. A great time. Really, his speed could have been the only question as his running ability is beyond question.

This right here shows how egregious his exclusion from the combine was.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Did he bench press as well? If NFL likes numbers, I believe he could give them a hard on with his strength.

Still, the stronger he is, more or a change he would be at best Juszczyk in NFL. I really want to be wrong here.

Rocky B

Master
Rumor is Pittsburgh is looking hard at Shipley. Shipley has a great relationship with RB's coach Eddie Faulkner. Faulkner was at NC State when Shipley was in HS. Faulkner and NC State were the first to offer Shipley. Shipley's parents are NC State graduates.
Not sure if that's a good landing spot or not. Some of ya'll or Don would know better. Thoughts on Pittsburgh?
Lifetime Steeler fan here (original name on here was Rocky Bleier, for the newbies). After the qb purge, three less white qbs, two more blacks, I hope Ship goes to Buffalo, Detroit, Cincy, etc. RWilson, Fields and overpaying for Queen? Hopefully Ship goes elsewhere.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Lifetime Steeler fan here (original name on here was Rocky Bleier, for the newbies). After the qb purge, three less white qbs, two more blacks, I hope Ship goes to Buffalo, Detroit, Cincy, etc. RWilson, Fields and overpaying for Queen? Hopefully Ship goes elsewhere.

I do recall Tomlin interacting with McConkey at the Senior Bowl. Not that it means anything but I would hate to see him end up in Pittsburgh.

The Hock

Master
I came across an older draft mag from the year Jared Goof went number one. The top WR prospect was Laquon Treadwell. LOL. Dean Lowry was an afterthought who would be lucky to make backup. And almost every white prospect at any position had athletic limitations. All quite predictable. I will say the mag was the cheapest looking of them all.

El Gringo

Mentor
I do recall Tomlin interacting with McConkey at the Senior Bowl. Not that it means anything but I would hate to see him end up in Pittsburgh.
There’s hardly a doubt that Ladd, Bowers, Shipley, Steele etc will end up with a team with a black quarterback. Hopefully I’m wrong and at least a couple of these guys end up with the chargers or bengals. Burrow and Herbert could really use Ladd or Bowers. Thanks for the pro day coverage guys.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/2024/03/14/tip-reiman-nfl-draft-interview

Reiman should be viewed as an "upside" player and superb athlete that should be getting drafted higher than being projected. Hopefully he gets a little respect after his athletic showing at the combine. Much like George Kittle, Reiman did not put up prolific numbers in college but certainly fits the "upside" profile that all NFL teams supposedly covet.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/2024/03/14/tip-reiman-nfl-draft-interview

Reiman should be viewed as an "upside" player and superb athlete that should be getting drafted higher than being projected. Hopefully he gets a little respect after his athletic showing at the combine. Much like George Kittle, Reiman did not put up prolific numbers in college but certainly fits the "upside" profile that all NFL teams supposedly covet.

Another uber athletic white tightend. It must drive the teams, media and dwf's crazy. How it this possible? Haha. Wake up
lurkers. The lies about whites being slow and not being good jumpers are all bull crap! Be proud of your ancestry people!

Warhawk_46

Master
Maurice Jones Drew on NFL.com lists Shipley as the second best running back in the draft.

He calls Cody Schrader a three down back.

Dylan Laube’s receiving ability is noted.

No mention at all of Carson Steele. I still say Steele screwed up coming out early. There is no guarantee he gets drafted and UDFA’s find practice reps extremely hard to get which leads to many deserving guys getting cut without a chance to showcase their skills.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I still maintain that Steele would be the ideal running back for the Chargers - strong, powerful bell cow running back. I hope the “experts” are overlooking him more so than scouts but that is a big ask I know.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I still maintain that Steele would be the ideal running back for the Chargers - strong, powerful bell cow running back. I hope the “experts” are overlooking him more so than scouts but that is a big ask I know.
One thing that reading this site has proven to me pretty conclusively is that the hiring process in many American sports is broken.

It’s very difficult to objectively demonstrate quality as a white athlete.

If I were Steele I’d start doing some crazy YouTube videos highlighting his ability just to build some buzz. Call himself Thor or whatever… he needs something to separate himself from the pack.