2024 NFL Draft

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a nice article on Ricky Pearsall and how he might fit well with the Chiefs. If KC does draft him, they'd have Kelce, Pearsall and hopefully Justin Watson on offense to go along with Chenal, Tranquill and Karlaftis on defense.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I still maintain that Steele would be the ideal running back for the Chargers - strong, powerful bell cow running back. I hope the “experts” are overlooking him more so than scouts but that is a big ask I know.
I agree. He and Gus Edwards would pack quite the wallop as power backs on the Chargers with Steele the better talent, but first Steele has to actually be drafted and given an opportunity, which may not happen as you, Warhawk and others have noted.

Same with Schrader. It's overwhelmingly obvious that he and Steele have what it takes to be successful in the NFL, but it always comes down to how the league's Caste System treats them, beginning with the draft. If there's ever to be a "bump" in White RBs resulting from Christian McCaffrey's greatness, this is the year for it with four NFL quality White backs available.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree. He and Gus Edwards would pack quite the wallop as power backs on the Chargers with Steele the better talent, but first Steele has to actually be drafted and given an opportunity, which may not happen as you, Warhawk and others have noted.

Same with Schrader. It's overwhelmingly obvious that he and Steele have what it takes to be successful in the NFL, but it always comes down to how the league's Caste System treats them, beginning with the draft. If there's ever to be a "bump" in White RBs resulting from Christian McCaffrey's greatness, this is the year for it with four NFL quality White backs available.

Both Carson Steele and Cody Schrader should be a no brainer along with the other 2 running backs. We are always told that the SEC is the hardest conference to play in with the most staunch defenses. Well Cody Schrader won the rushing title and it wasn't even close. Why is there so little interest?

The same with Carson Steele? He ran for over 1500 yards 2 years ago and almost 900 last year while splitting carries at UCLA. It would be a
travesty if neither of them get to play in the league. The Caste System seems to be patching the cracks in the Dam and doubling down
on casting even more talented whites at all positions into the memory hole.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The same with Carson Steele? He ran for over 1500 yards 2 years ago and almost 900 last year while splitting carries at UCLA. It would be a
travesty if neither of them get to play in the league. The Caste System seems to be patching the cracks in the Dam and doubling down
on casting even more talented whites at all positions into the memory hole.
Yeah, I'm a little concerned at where Steele may end up. If he gets drafted, I believe he'll make it. He just needs to go in with the same mind set as Will Shipley. Remember, Shipley stated at the NFL Combine that he was the best all-purpose running back in the draft. I don't think the attitude, "I'll do anything for the team," is going to cut it if he wants to be starting or even second string running back.
Ryan Nall was bigger than Steele and had better combine numbers, except for the vertical than Steele as far as I know. Nall ran a 4.58 laser time at 6'2.5, 235 lbs. We're not sure of Steele's combine numbers and he wasn't even invited to the combine. Nall was an UDFA. there's no doubting Steele's talent and he has the perfect running back size. It all depends on his attitude and what team drafts him.

icsept

Master
Hopefully Washington takes Drake Maye. The Patriots are going to be a horribly caste team, and they deserve Jayden Daniels.

Warhawk_46

Master
One thing that reading this site has proven to me pretty conclusively is that the hiring process in many American sports is broken.

It’s very difficult to objectively demonstrate quality as a white athlete.

If I were Steele I’d start doing some crazy YouTube videos highlighting his ability just to build some buzz. Call himself Thor or whatever… he needs something to separate himself from the pack.
This is actually a great idea. Like you said, given he was denied an invite to the camp and didn’t have great numbers at UCLA as part of a time share, he must prove himself as capable of being THE guy.

Warhawk_46

Master

Although I sometimes tend to think nothing will happen given how so many of our running backs have been ignored and shunned, CMC just had another all-time historic season in his HOF-caliber career.

The time is now just as when Wes Welker’s continued success opened the door for a small uptick in white wide receivers, CMC’s will as well.

Heck, it might even be enough for Borghi to give it another shot!

Snow Plow

Guru
Today’s CBS mock…

01.02 Was- Maye QB
01.05 Min- McCarthy QB
01.07 Ten- Alt OT
01.11 LAC- Bowers TE
01.22 Phi- McConkey WR
01.24 Dal- Barton OT
01.29 Det- DeJean CB
01.30 Bal- Beebe IOL
01.32 KC- Pearsall WR

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Today’s CBS mock…

01.02 Was- Maye QB
01.05 Min- McCarthy QB
01.07 Ten- Alt OT
01.11 LAC- Bowers TE
01.22 Phi- McConkey WR
01.24 Dal- Barton OT
01.29 Det- DeJean CB
01.30 Bal- Beene IOL
01.32 KC- Pearsall WR

If the first round went this good we should all be having a few drinks to celebrate!

Today’s CBS mock…

01.02 Was- Maye QB
01.05 Min- McCarthy QB
01.07 Ten- Alt OT
01.11 LAC- Bowers TE
01.22 Phi- McConkey WR
01.24 Dal- Barton OT
01.29 Det- DeJean CB
01.30 Bal- Beebe IOL
01.32 KC- Pearsall WR
I have a gut feeling that Jayden Daniels will be QB #2. If Washington does indeed go that route, does NE (who appears hellbent on becoming as dark as possible) trade out of the 3rd pick or take Maye? I can only hope for the former. I'd love to see Maye avoid both WAS and NE. Minnesota has been stockpiling picks so it's almost a foregone conclusion that they're trading into the 5-spot at this point. If Drake Maye is still on the board, are they taking him over McCarthy? Either way, very likely a white QB in Minnesota next season.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
If the first round went this good we should all be having a few drinks to celebrate!
Indeed. I wonder how far back you’d have to go to find a White cornerback and 2 White receivers drafted in the 1st round? Early 80s or late 70s?

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I have a gut feeling that Jayden Daniels will be QB #2. If Washington does indeed go that route, does NE (who appears hellbent on becoming as dark as possible) trade out of the 3rd pick or take Maye? I can only hope for the former. I'd love to see Maye avoid both WAS and NE. Minnesota has been stockpiling picks so it's almost a foregone conclusion that they're trading into the 5-spot at this point. If Drake Maye is still on the board, are they taking him over McCarthy? Either way, very likely a white QB in Minnesota next season.
I think you will be right about Daniels to Washington. Their signing of Mariota seems a good clue, as he would be a similar “mobile QB” serving as a logical backup. I’d also like to see Maye avoid these franchises as they’ll probably be hell for his development and career.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think you will be right about Daniels to Washington. Their signing of Mariota seems a good clue, as he would be a similar “mobile QB” serving as a logical backup. I’d also like to see Maye avoid these franchises as they’ll probably be hell for his development and career.
Agree with your logic. Pretty easy to connect the dots. Maye will hopefully land with a competent stable franchise.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I would love to see Pearsall or McConkey land in KC, they would be day 1 starters. Along with Watson it would give the Chiefs two crackers in the WR rotation. Also it would be good landing spot for "homegrown" star Schrader. It would be fantastic 1-2 backfield of Pacheco and Schrader. Pacheco is not an every down back. Shrader would fill the ability spots of both Edwards-Helaire and McKinnon in being a strong runner, good blocker, and excellent hands out of the backfield.

Hey, I know I’m new and really don’t want to rustle feathers out of the gates but this has been bothering me…..how on earth do you guys consider Cody Schrader white? I assumed he was because of his German name until I saw him at the combine and he was very clearly a mestizo! Am I missing something here?

^as you can see his father appears to probably be half white and his mother his mother is Hispanic….making him only a quarter white. I don’t think anyone on here considers Desmond Ritter white, or Tyler Gaffney do you?

white is right

Hall of Famer
^as you can see his father appears to probably be half white and his mother his mother is Hispanic….making him only a quarter white. I don’t think anyone on here considers Desmond Ritter white, or Tyler Gaffney do you?
If is his mother is a Hispanic she would be Castizo and for all practical purposes White. A true Mestizo looks like a person who has significant Amerindian ancestry.

If I saw Schraeder walking down the street and knew his obvious German surname I would assume he was a Jew on his paternal side but since he is some what famous no stories about Jewish ancestry have popped up so his father is of German gentile ancestry and maybe something else.

PS you would be surprised by the Dusky complexion of some Bavarian Germans. The area was conquered by the Romans and the people have Roman, Spanish and Arab ancestry from this invasion and it's obvious in some people. This is similar to Greeks who have distant Turkish ancestry from the Ottoman invasion.

^ come on man, I live in southern California and see Hispanics like this all the time, hes not a wetback but he is not a white hispanic either. If you want to root for him to get the job over a black….fair enough! He even looks white with his helmet on so it still has that positive propagandistic affect. I’m just curious as to why we are tying our wagons around this when there are multiple unambiguously white running backs in this draft?

icsept

Master
^ come on man, I live in southern California and see Hispanics like this all the time, hes not a wetback but he is not a white hispanic either. If you want to root for him to get the job over a black….fair enough! He even looks white with his helmet on so it still has that positive propagandistic affect. I’m just curious as to why we are tying our wagons around this when there are multiple unambiguously white running backs in this draft?
I’ve brought this up before, and got shot down. It’s definitely questionable.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I know I’m new and really don’t want to rustle feathers out of the gates but this has been bothering me…..how on earth do you guys consider Cody Schrader white? I assumed he was because of his German name until I saw him at the combine and he was very clearly a mestizo! Am I missing something here?
You're not new here, that's all I'll say for now.