weight: 206lbs.
Forty yard dash- 4.39/4.45
10 yard split- 1.54
Shuttle-4.11
Vertical- 38.5
Broad Jump- 10-2
L-Drill: 6.81
225 bench-16 reps
Shipley's numbers rank in the top 75 of 1,775 all time running backs that have participated in the NFL Combine or Pro-Days!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Will Shipley fantastic Pro-Day

HT: 5'11
10 yard split- 1.54
Shuttle-4.11
Vertical- 38.5
Broad Jump- 10-2
225 bench-16 reps
Shipley's numbers rank in the top 75 of 1,775 all time running backs that have participated in the NFL Combine or Pro-Days!

Answered every question doubting his athleticism!

white lightning

Hall of Famer

10 yard split- 1.54
Shuttle-4.11
Vertical- 38.5
Broad Jump- 10-2
225 bench-16 reps

Those are incredible stats all around. Complete Running Back. If he doesn't get drafted higher after that pro day then there is only
one reason why? Not saying it won't still happen but any team should look at him as an all around back who can play every down
if necessary while also lining up all over the field.

Here is hoping that Carson Steele has an amazing pro day too. I can only imagine what he can bench press and squat!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Those are incredible stats all around. Complete Running Back. If he doesn't get drafted higher after that pro day then there is only
one reason why? Not saying it won't still happen but any team should look at him as an all around back who can play every down
if necessary while also lining up all over the field.

Here is hoping that Carson Steele has an amazing pro day too. I can only imagine what he can bench press and squat!
Rumor is Pittsburgh is looking hard at Shipley. Shipley has a great relationship with RB's coach Eddie Faulkner. Faulkner was at NC State when Shipley was in HS. Faulkner and NC State were the first to offer Shipley. Shipley's parents are NC State graduates.
Not sure if that's a good landing spot or not. Some of ya'll or Don would know better. Thoughts on Pittsburgh?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Rumor is Pittsburgh is looking hard at Shipley. Shipley has a great relationship with RB's coach Eddie Faulkner. Faulkner was at NC State when Shipley was in HS. Faulkner and NC State were the first to offer Shipley. Shipley's parents are NC State graduates.
Not sure if that's a good landing spot or not. Some of ya'll or Don would know better. Thoughts on Pittsburgh?
Awesome pro day for Will, simply fantastic.

As far as the Steelers, I hope they don't draft him. I mentioned in the Steelers general thread regarding WRs yesterday that I hope they don't draft McConkey or Pearsall as they'll likely take a receiver early after trading Diontae Johnson, the prima donna/bonehead who started for them the past several years. Someone like T. J. Watt who's an all-time great can thrive on the Rooney Plantation, and a future Hall of Famer like Big Ben, but there's been nothing over the 17 years of the endless Tomlin reign to indicate that a White RB or WR will be treated even remotely fairly, so I want to see Shipley end up on one of the few teams that might use him the right way.

After Shipley's pro day following his excellent collegiate career there isn't a single reason why he shouldn't be viewed as anything other than starting material. Not one. There isn't a better all-around RB in the draft.

Logos5

Guru

As far as the Steelers, I hope they don't draft him. I mentioned in the Steelers general thread regarding WRs yesterday that I hope they don't draft McConkey or Pearsall as they'll likely take a receiver early after trading Diontae Johnson, the prima donna/bonehead who started for them the past several years. Someone like T. J. Watt who's an all-time great can thrive on the Rooney Plantation, and a future Hall of Famer like Big Ben, but there's been nothing over the 17 years of the endless Tomlin reign to indicate that a White RB or WR will be treated even remotely fairly, so I want to see Shipley end up on one of the few teams that might use him the right way.

After Shipley's pro day following his excellent collegiate career there isn't a single reason why he shouldn't be viewed as anything other than starting material. Not one. There isn't a better all-around RB in the draft.
I wonder if the Lions would be interested in drafting him onto the team, maybe as a second or even third string player. It'd make them even more watchable if at least there was one more white on the offense, apart from LaPorta.

NikoDuke

Mentor

10 yard split- 1.54
Shuttle-4.11
Vertical- 38.5
Broad Jump- 10-2
225 bench-16 reps
Good for Shipley. He needs those type of numbers to get attention.

Also of note was IOL Will Putnam who had a good pro day & may get taken in the mid rounds. Perhaps by San Fran to upgrade on Burford.
6'4 310
5.45-40-yard dash
28-bench press,
4.70-shuttle
7.88-three-cone.

Warhawk_46

Master

I have been saying he should have stayed in school, but after his all-time great display at his pro day… he is pure Pro Bowl caliber of talent.

As some have pointed out, his high school pedigree coupled with this workout means he quite possibly will be given a legitimate chance.

How incredible would it be for both Shipley and McCaffrey to hit that 1,000 yard mark!

booth

Mentor
I have read that scouts had Shipley running a 4.34 & a 4.38. How they changed that to a 4.45 I don't know. Here is another video of his 40.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I have read that scouts had Shipley running a 4.34 & a 4.38. How they changed that to a 4.45 I don't know. Here is another video of his 40.

Right booth. I saw that as well, but he is getting full credit for 4.39. I'll take that as only 2 running backs at the combine ran faster. May be adjusting as they were hand timing. Combine is laser timed. Generally, there's about an .05-.1 difference depending on who's holding the stopwatch.
booth, Shipley looked a little heavy around the gut. Did you see that or am I imagining something? I think he could've come in a little slimmer. JMO.

sprintstar

Mentor
He is definitely faster than CM and has extremely fast lateral movement. He is thick through the gut(large ab muscles combined with an inny belly button) makes him look a bit chubby in the middle. Very high end speed and athleticism....

booth

Mentor
I didn't notice it to start with, but you are right CS. He does have a little belly. Real good catch.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Vikings traded back into round 1 giving them two 1st round selections. My guess is they want the ammo to move to up further or at least have a pick for Nix, McCarthy or Bridgewater Jr.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
He is definitely faster than CM and has extremely fast lateral movement.
I don't believe he's faster than McCaffrey. I would say about the same speed as 4.39 HH adjusts to around 4.44-4.94 laser timed. McCaffrey ran laser time of 4.48 at the NFL combine. Shipley's vertical and BJ is a little better than McCaffrey's and who can forget CMAC only bench pressing 225 for 10 reps. Shipley had 16 reps. Shuttle's were about the same when adjusted, but CMAC had an amazing 3 cone drill laser timed at 6.57. Way better than Shipley's 6.81 HH. As I stated above, Shipley did look a little soft in the gut and I think he could have come in a little leaner. Might have made some difference in his times. Bottom line Shipley if given the opportunity will be a very good RB in the NFL!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I went back starting at the Hula bowl all the way up to the combine and did a cross check of White athletes eligible for the draft. This is as comprehensive as I am going to get with this.

QB
Drake Maye UNC
JJ McCarthy Michigan
Bo Nix Oregon
Michael Pratt Tulane
Sam Hartman Notre Dame
Austin Reed Western Kentucky
Devin Leary Kentucky
Kedon Slovis BYU
Jack Plummer Louisville
Ben Bryant Northwestern
Carter Bradley South Alabama
John Rhys Plumlee UCF
Brennan Armston NC State

RB
Will Shipley Clemson
Cody Schrader Missouri
Dylan Laube New Hampshire
Carson Steele UCLA

WR
Ladd McConkey Georgia
Ricky Pearsall Florida
Luke McCaffrey Rice
Hayden Hatten Idaho
Jadon Janke South Dakota State
Jaxon Janke South Dakota State
Drake Stoops Oklahoma
Cole Beck Virginia Tech
Peter LeBlanc Louisiana

TE
Brock Bowers UGA
Ben SinnottTE Kansas State
Tip Reiman Illinois
Cade Stover Ohio State
A.J. BarnerTE Michigan
Tanner McLachlan Arizona
McCallan Castles Tennessee
Dallin Holker Colorado State
TE Jack Westover Washington
Isaac Rex BYU
Mason Pline Furman
Zach Heins South Dakota State
Cam Grandy Illinois State

Center

Jackson Powers-Johnson Oregon
Zach FrazierIOL West Virginia
Hunter Nourzad Penn State
Beaux LimmerIOL Arkansas
Andrew RaymIOL Oklahoma
Drake Nugent Michigan
Dylan McMahon NC State
Nick Samac Michigan State

OT
Joe Alt Notre Dame
Roger Rosengarten Washington
Ethan Driskell Marshall
Frank Crum Wyoming
Gunner Britton Auburn
Spencer Rolland North Carolina
Brian Dooley Eastern Michigan
Garret Greenfield South Dakota State
Matt Goncalves Pittsburgh

OG
Trevor Keegan Michigan
Tanor Bortolini Wisconsin
Cooper Beebe Kansas State
Zak Sinter Michigan
Mason McCormick South Dakota State
CJ Hanson Holy Cross
Jalen Sundell North Dakota State
Karsen Barnhart Michigan
Brady Latham Arkansas
Nouredin Nouili Nebraska
Jarrett Kingston Southern Cal
Nick Gargiulo South Carolina
Doug Nester West Virginia
Michael Furtney Wisconsin

DE
Braiden McGregor Michigan
Julius Welschof Charlotte
John McCartan Oregon State

DT
Braden Fiske Florida State
Logan Lee Iowa
Jack Daly FIU
Casey Rogers Oregon
Judge Culpepper Toledo

Linebacker
Payton Wilson NC State
Tommy Eichenberg Ohio State
Jackson Sirmon CAL
J.D. Bertrand Notre Dame
Easton Gibbs Wyoming
Jett Johnson Miss State

S
Cole Bishop Utah

CB
Cooper DeJean Iowa

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
For some weird reason I can't get any complete results from UCLA's pro day. One article mentions Carson Steele's vertical, 37', but that's all about him. It mentions Safety Alex Johnson's and Carl Jones 40 times of 4.4 and 4.5. Also discusses edge Laiatu Latu, but that's it. I'm concerned Steele ran a bad 40 or didn't run at all. If anyone can find more information, please post.

Logos5

Guru

Not sure if this is appropriate, but I can't imagine white men having the worst combine and being a third round pick

Warhawk_46

Master
I don't believe he's faster than McCaffrey. I would say about the same speed as 4.39 HH adjusts to around 4.44-4.94 laser timed. McCaffrey ran laser time of 4.48 at the NFL combine. Shipley's vertical and BJ is a little better than McCaffrey's and who can forget CMAC only bench pressing 225 for 10 reps. Shipley had 16 reps. Shuttle's were about the same when adjusted, but CMAC had an amazing 3 cone drill laser timed at 6.57. Way better than Shipley's 6.81 HH. As I stated above, Shipley did look a little soft in the gut and I think he could have come in a little leaner. Might have made some difference in his times. Bottom line Shipley if given the opportunity will be a very good RB in the NFL!
I think Shipley is faster. His speed has been raved about since high school. He was talked of running in 4.3s then as well.

Despite his shuttle times, I think McCaffrey actually is a step above. Heck he is the best in the league at this athletic skill.

Last edited:

Snow Plow

Mentor
I couldn’t find much pro day info for Carson Steele. Someone posted him running the 40 with no time. Another site has 4.50 as the time.

Here is a fairly positive analysis, except he uses many of the cliches like first in/ last out, runs with hair on fire, always has a smile on his face, etc.