2024 NFL Draft

Bo Nix is apparently looking great in Senior Bowl practice. He's the #1 player on the POBB (Phall's Official Big Board)

Here is a nice play involving future UDFA Dylan Laube:

Future WSTD Ricky Pearsall getting involved here:
Maybe its optimism on my part, but I can't imagine no one taking a flier on Laube. He's probably not a 3 down bell cow but he's a matchup nightmare and certainly capable of running outside and between the tackles. Then again I felt the same way about Borghi so I guess we'll see.

Warhawk_46

Master
Maybe its optimism on my part, but I can't imagine no one taking a flier on Laube. He's probably not a 3 down bell cow but he's a matchup nightmare and certainly capable of running outside and between the tackles. Then again I felt the same way about Borghi so I guess we'll see.
I agree, he is clearly a great receiving back and also has more than enough ability to make playing in the running game.

Guys like Woodhead, Sproles and Burkhead excelled at that role. Borghi was a shoo-in for a great role as well… except no chance given and now, he seems to have accepted the fate of most superior to black white athletes…No vacancy in the Negro Felon League.

TwentyTwo

Master
This 3 Round Mock Draft has a couple of WR's of note
UGA's Ladd McConkey 2nd Round @ #53 to the EAGLES
and Florida's Ricky Pearsall late 3rd Round @ #96 to the JAGAURS

As a little kid always seemed the Packers had a few White DB's. Their fans would love Cooper Dejean @ #25 overall 1st Round!

Also under the radar(not here at CF) rising Tulane QB Michael Pratt 3rd Round @ 76

EDIT * No Utah DB Cole Bishop....dude should be in the Top 100 (3 Rounds); if he last past the 4th Round maybe he should change his name to Je'quavius

Last edited:

jacque

Guru
laube looking phenomenal at the senior bowl. They have him participating in wr drills and he’s got some awesome highlights

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Senior Bowl data dump 1:

Day 1

DT Braden Fiske puts pressure on the QB and LB Jackson Sirmon (surprise addition) with the INT

Michael Pratt with a nice pass. He should be a draft riser.

White OLs dominating black defensive linemen

Jackson Powers-Johnson is the best center prospect in the draft. Hopefully he gets to protect a White QB because the Chiefs/Ravens have both selected the best centers in recent years.

Nice catch by TE Jared Wiley

Cody Schrader embarrassing a "real" athlete

Some McConkey Highlights. Amazing footwork and quickness. No oily hipped black DB can keep up with him.

Nice play by Pearsall

From a yahoo article:​

The quarterbacks​

The National roster has the most prominent passing names in Mobile with Oregon’s Bo Nix and Michael Penix Jr. of Washington. Both are considered potential first-round picks, and they each gave enough ammunition to their advocates to justify the hype.

Penix was a little more up-and-down, notably in throwing down the field. Nix showed the stronger arm than Penix, though less movement skills when under pressure. Notre Dame’s Sam Hartman is the other QB on the National team, and he had the best throw of the practice session with a laser down the seam to Michigan’s Roman Wilson. Hartman has to sidestep an interior rush and climb the fringe of the pocket and unleashed a very accurate throw that hit Wilson perfectly in the hands down the field.

On the American team, the quarterback play was more of a struggle. Some of that is a function of the interior offensive line not being very good on the first day of practice. Michael Pratt from Tulane was the most consistent in delivering accurate throws with some zip and anticipation. He also was the only QB I saw who threw a ball away instead of trying to force something.

South Carolina’s Spencer Rattler, Joe Milton from Tennessee, and Carter Bradley from South Alabama all had some moments but probably didn’t help themselves in terms of draft stock. Milton, all 6-foot-5 and 235 pounds of him, wowed by doing a standing backflip and sticking the landing during one break in reps. Great party trick and display of athleticism, but if he doesn’t show more touch or a less deliberate delivery it won’t matte rmuch.

Walterfootball with some cuckboi analysis as usual

The Senior Bowl star power at quarterback is on the National team with Oregon’s Bo Nix and Washington’s Michael Penix Jr. The American team got an underwhelming trio of Tulane’s Michael Pratt, South Alabama’s Carter Bradley and Tennessee’s Joe Milton III. Among the three, Pratt had the best day of practice. He showed enough arm strength to make the required throws while also displaying some accuracy and timing. Pratt does not have an all-world skill set by any means, but he looks like he has the upside to potentially be a decent backup quarterback at the NFL level.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
John Harris, who is a "Texans analyst" on houstontexans.com., likes McConkey and has serious manlove for Pearsall:

Three wide receivers have truly stood out more than any others the past two days. Now, Georgia WR Ladd McConkey didn't have as great a day Wednesday in the afternoon practice, but there's little question that he's a top 50 Harris 100 prospect. The other two - Michigan WR Roman Wilson and Florida WR Ricky Pearsall - were magnificent on Wednesday. . .

Florida's Pearsall is going to be one of my Draft Crushes. Why? Well, he's having a Cooper Kupp like Senior Bowl. He's not Cooper Kupp but here's what I mean. Years ago, Kupp embarrassed every DB on nearly every single route. I saw DB's fighting to get a piece of Kupp to show the future Rams Pro Bowl receiver that Kupp couldn't do THAT on them. Then, Kupp wasted everyone. By day two, dudes were ducking him because he just ran a brilliant route, got separation and made the catch…all over the field, all the time. It was as impressive as anything I've seen in Mobile. Pearsall is approaching that status. No matter the route. No matter the defensive back. Pearsall wins. He wins with speed. He wins with pacing and tempo with his routes. He snatches the ball with his hands away from his body.

The first route that I saw of his during one-on-ones on Wednesday was a corner route deep down the field. When he made the break out of his route to the corner, he ACCELERATED AWAY from the defensive back easily. The throw was up the field a little bit, but Pearsall adjusted to make the catch look easy. Later, in the same drill, he won with a curl route against Rutgers CB Max Melton who has been as tough to beat as Quinyon Mitchell has been. It's clear that the QBs are looking for Pearsall because he's going to get open and make a play for them. Notre Dame QB Sam Hartman threw him a quick hitch on the first play of a third down team period and Pearsall transitioned from catch to SPRINT in a blink. Between McConkey, Wilson, Pearsall and Western Kentucky's Malachi Corley, it's tough to separate those guys in my Harris 100. Some great options for sure, if the Texans are in the pass catcher market this April/May.
https://www.houstontexans.com/news/harris-hits-senior-bowl-observations-day-two

I guess Cooper Kupp has now officially replaced Wes Welker and any past White receivers going back to Ricky Proehl as the go-to euphemism for White receiver, as in this article extolling McConkey: https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-y...tyle-receiver-in-2nd-round-of-2024-nfl-draft/

It's great to see McConkey and Pearsall both being mentioned as potential day two picks. But there's still a long way between now and the actual draft for the "experts" to group-change narratives about various players.

Snow Plow

Mentor
New 01.01 in the draft?

Appearing on The Herd with Colin Cowherd, Harbaugh said this about quarterback J.J. McCarthy: “Arm talent, athleticism, ‘it’ factor, winning with numbing repetition. Don’t be surprised when he — if/when he goes to — he’s the No. 1 quarterback off the board. That’s my prediction right now. When people get a load of J.J., and how he can throw the ball, how he spins it, his athleticism, his intelligence. Talk about ‘it’ factor. He’s got it. The competitiveness that he has. And they get around him, and they really start digging in, and they start talking to him. Yeah, that’s an early prediction for the 2024 NFL draft.”

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
New 01.01 in the draft?

Appearing on The Herd with Colin Cowherd, Harbaugh said this about quarterback J.J. McCarthy: “Arm talent, athleticism, ‘it’ factor, winning with numbing repetition. Don’t be surprised when he — if/when he goes to — he’s the No. 1 quarterback off the board. That’s my prediction right now. When people get a load of J.J., and how he can throw the ball, how he spins it, his athleticism, his intelligence. Talk about ‘it’ factor. He’s got it. The competitiveness that he has. And they get around him, and they really start digging in, and they start talking to him. Yeah, that’s an early prediction for the 2024 NFL draft.”

I do hope McCarthy is a riser through the draft process. He must have gotten a good projection since he decided to declare as an underclassmen.

New 01.01 in the draft?

He can definitely be the 3rd or 4th QB taken with a good combine, but there is literally no chance he goes #1. Harbaugh is just gassing up his guy.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Luke McCaffrey reportedly standing out at the Senior Bowl. How great would it be for him to get drafted by San Fransisco?

I read the article you linked and also found this on the same page:

Dylan Laube's NFL Draft Stock Rising After Senior Bowl Practices​

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I read the article you linked and also found this on the same page:

Dylan Laube's NFL Draft Stock Rising After Senior Bowl Practices​

This is high praise and especially for a white running back. This is exciting and he does do so many of the same things that Cmac does! I know all of us here get so excited for the NFL Draft every year but usually feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the ball while Lucy always
pulls it. For some reason I do feel it will be a little better this time. So many exciting players to follow and these all star games really do help the draft status most of the time.

icsept

Master
Reminds me of when an unheralded, undrafted White skill player garners praise and articles about his preseason performance and he’s open 7/11 and nobody can cover him….and then gets cut.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Florida State defensive tackle Braden Fiske switched sides Saturday morning to the National team because of roster attrition. He had four tackles, 1 1/2 tackles for loss and was in on a sack.

Warhawk_46

Master
I don’t put much stock into the statistics from this game… but ouch, 2.5 ypc and 1.7 ypc for Laube and Schrader?

But Cody with the very good receiving day!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I don’t put much stock into the statistics from this game… but ouch, 2.5 ypc and 1.7 ypc for Laube and Schrader?

But Cody with the very good receiving day!

Yeah I noticed that too. How could you not? Cody Schraders was still the SEC Leading Rusher and in top 2 or 3 in rushing yards in the
NCAA so if scouts go off a few rushing attempts they are idiots.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Yeah I noticed that too. How could you not? Cody Schraders was still the SEC Leading Rusher and in top 2 or 3 in rushing yards in the
NCAA so if scouts go off a few rushing attempts they are idiots.
Not many great performances here. I’m still not sure how Milton is even playing here, but he can throw an 80 yard pass I believe, maybe 90.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Senior Bowl game doesn't matter too much. More stock is put into the practice week.

jacque

Guru
I’m so hyped for Laube, he’s shooting up projections because of the senior bowl. I can’t find his age anywhere, but a beat writer on Twitter said he’ll turn 25 his rookie season which bums me out.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
https://www.on3.com/pro/news/devin-leary-named-top-performer-at-east-west-shrine-bowl-practice/

Kentucky QB Devin Leary might end up being a bit of a riser. Surprised he displayed such arm strength to be honest, thought he was more of a finesse passer so it's nice to be wrong. He never duplicated his incredible 2021 campaign but he should be a solid day 3 selection. With this past season showing alot of really good backup White QBs starting for injuries a team would be wise to keep an eye on him.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...d-continues-to-impress-jack-plummer-improves/

Another QB from the Shrine bowl that stood out was WKU's Austin Reed. He has a nice two year run at WKU after being dominant at D-2 West Florida. Another QB with alot of reps and experience that was very productive. I like him more than Bailey Zappe another WKU product.