2023 College Football Week 4

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Georgia St vs Coastal Carolina tonight.

QB Grayson McCall the only real reason to pay attention

Phall

Master
Purdue hosts Wisconsin for a Friday night game (7pm, FS1) with neither team as white-friendly (or as good) as some previous versions.

Brennan Armstrong returns to Virginia as the NC State quarterback (Friday, 7:30pm, ESPN) and will probably light them up.

Saturday, Clemson will host the dastardly villains of Florida State (noon, ABC). Oregon plays the nefarious narcissists of Colorado as 21 point favorites (3:30pm, ABC). #22 UCLA travels to #11 Utah in what should be a pretty good game (3:30pm, FOX).

In the evening, the noble heroes of Iowa have a tough road test against Penn State in a "white out" game (7:30pm, CBS). Ohio State goes to South Bend to face Notre Dame (7:30pm, NBC), which will be a good barometer for both teams. Cam Skattebo and his very black set of teammates will probably get blown out against #5 USC (10:30pm, FOX).

Any other games worth watching?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Purdue hosts Wisconsin for a Friday night game (7pm, FS1) with neither team as white-friendly (or as good) as some previous versions.

Brennan Armstrong returns to Virginia as the NC State quarterback (Friday, 7:30pm, ESPN) and will probably light them up.

Saturday, Clemson will host the dastardly villains of Florida State (noon, ABC). Oregon plays the nefarious narcissists of Colorado as 21 point favorites (3:30pm, ABC). #22 UCLA travels to #11 Utah in what should be a pretty good game (3:30pm, FOX).

In the evening, the noble heroes of Iowa have a tough road test against Penn State in a "white out" game (7:30pm, CBS). Ohio State goes to South Bend to face Notre Dame (7:30pm, NBC), which will be a good barometer for both teams. Cam Skattebo and his very black set of teammates will probably get blown out against #5 USC (10:30pm, FOX).

Any other games worth watching?

ASU - USC becomes a little more interesting with QB Drew Pyne drawing the start.

Rutgers vs Michigan - I think Rutgers at least covers the spread. Michigan did not look sharp last week playing Bowling Green. Harbaugh returns to the sidelines for UM.

Ole Miss - Alabama might put the stake in the heart of Saban's decade plus caste dynasty. After last week's showing Saban has decided to gift the black quarterback with the starting job moving forward. Ty Simpson helped win the game last week in tough weather conditions only to be passed over for the quota.

BYU - Kansas is a low key caste matchup. Rooting for the Cougars who are off to a 3-0 start behind the well travelled Kedon Slovis.

Miss St - S. Carolina - Jett Johnson has been one of the better LBs early this season. The new head coach for Mississippi State is a total caste clown and it's obvious Leach was a big reason for the success enjoyed over the past few seasons. QB Will Rogers was prolific in the Leach offense but now under Arnett the offense has been bad. Don't worry though as Arnett is recruiting blacks at QB exclusively!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Brilliant scramble for a TD by Mordecai! He also hAs a 20yd reception in this one! Wisconsin up 14 zip.

Also looks like S Preston Zachman and NT Ben Barten are playing quite a bit for UW on Defense. Barten played both OL and DL in HS. Was recruited as an OL but in a rare move was converted back to DL after his RS Freshman year. 6’5 300 has great size

Rocky B

Master
I was reading about Cade Yacamelli, (redshirt freshman running back for Wisc, for the newbies).Allen and Chez are RB1/RB2. Lots of buzz around CY this year. Their running back coach calls him a true running back. He’s yet to get any carries this season, I noticed another back got a few. Yac will get carries this year. I’m rooting for him for next season once the “real” running backs move on. At some point the cheese ball announcers will say how “Yac is good at yac”.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I was reading about Cade Yacamelli, (redshirt freshman running back for Wisc, for the newbies).Allen and Chez are RB1/RB2. Lots of buzz around CY this year. Their running back coach calls him a true running back. He’s yet to get any carries this season, I noticed another ac back got a few. Yac will get carries this year. I’m rooting for him for next season once the “real” running backs move on. At some point the cheese ball announcers will say how “Yac is good at yac”.
I’m with you on that! Hopefully Wisconsin can continue the blowout and Yac can get some Carries 2nd half!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Hudson Card looked good in Purdues 2 minute offense. He’s got some wheels when running the ball.

Mordecai is scooting around as well with 9 for 49 and 2TDs!

Rocky B

Master
I mentioned this on another thread, but I’m also keeping an eye on Virginia.
Jack Griese gets a few carries here and there as a running back for VA.
Has the pedigree, yet buried. He’s a sophomore...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was reading about Cade Yacamelli, (redshirt freshman running back for Wisc, for the newbies).Allen and Chez are RB1/RB2. Lots of buzz around CY this year. Their running back coach calls him a true running back. He’s yet to get any carries this season, I noticed another back got a few. Yac will get carries this year. I’m rooting for him for next season once the “real” running backs move on. At some point the cheese ball announcers will say how “Yac is good at yac”.

Another stud running back to follow. Some how I wasn't aware of him but I'm excited to watch the kid carry the pigskin.

I can hear it already from the announcers & fans. Yacamelli takes it to da house for a touchdown!

Rocky B

Master
Hunter Wohler (Wisc safety) lining up all over the field, making plays.

It pains me Scott Nelson was passed over.
HW looks like a future draft pick

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Agreed on Wohler. Nelson is still hanging around bouncing from one practice squad to another..

Hudson Card has some wheels. Looks like a 4.5 guy easily.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Tuning in to the NC State Virginia game and announcers really impressed with NC State's LB Payton Wilson 6'4 240, saying he runs a 4.4 40 and will be playing on Sunday's. Just FYI, he's overcome two knee injuries. One a torn ACL his senior year in HS.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Ill advised throw there by Card.. Followed by a Mordecai INT.

4.4 after 2 knee injuries?! Freakish numbers and size from Wilson.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
The old white announcer keeps yelling Tyyyrrooonne! Every time the Purdue RB breaks a run LOL.

Rocky B

Master
I’m trying to watch Air Force. Their leading rusher Owen Burk is rotting on the side line. Michel has taken all reps. He’s dressed, but hasn’t taken a snap. F off....I’m going to bed.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I’m trying to watch Air Force. Their leading rusher Owen Burk is rotting on the side line. Michel has taken all reps. He’s dressed, but hasn’t taken a snap. F off....I’m going to bed.

It makes no sense. It's halftime and he has 0 carries!

jphoss

Mentor
Tuning in to the NC State Virginia game and announcers really impressed with NC State's LB Payton Wilson 6'4 240, saying he runs a 4.4 40 and will be playing on Sunday's. Just FYI, he's overcome two knee injuries. One a torn ACL his senior year in HS.
Payton Wilson is a stud. I would say he is a top 10 player in college, and should be a first round pick. He reminds me of micah parsons

white lightning

Hall of Famer
in the Air Force Game despite no Owen Burk they have played another white running back. Dylan Carson who is a sophmore
has 8 rushes for 46 yards. He is 6 feet tall and weighs 210lbs. The kid looks good! Hope to see alot more of him this year and
hopefully next week we will also see Owen Burk the senior again.

TwentyTwo

Master
Hey WL...Had been typing all of this since Halftime ...but was waiting til the end of the game to post.

Announcers can give a reason WHY #26 Owen Burk is not playing either to begin 2nd half on sideline? Maybe they explained it later???
As you said Dylan Carson had some nice runs; finished 11 carries for 63 yards......Jett Harris had a TD Run

Boise St back up WR Chase Penry & RB Tyler Crowe were OUT w injuries ; their starting RB was good with over 200 yards rushing.

Expect more from 4 Mountain West Teams on a Friday Night.......the conference Top TE's Mark Redman (San Diego St) only had 1 rec 15 yards & Riley Smith (1 - 6) with these run first QB's

Along with LB Payton Wilson ; NC State also had another LB Caden Fordham who should be listed as a : Starter
Thanks Rocky B. for the head's up on back up RB Greise for UVA

Nice rushing games for QB's Tanner Mordecai (Wisconsin) 44 yards rushing 2 TD's and Hudson Card (Purdue) 54 yards rushing & TD

IVY LEAGUE
Brown WR Wes Rockett 9 rec 147 yards ; QB Jake Wilcox 364 yards passing
Harvard WR Cooper Barkate 10 rec 132 yards & TD
RB Shane McLaughlin (Jr. 5'-11" 200) RAN for 152 yards on 16 carries & TD + 14 yard TD catch

Last edited:

Phall

Master
Thanks for the upbeat post as always, @TwentyTwo

I can't believe grad transfer Brennan Armstrong didn't torch UVa in a weird homecoming after setting so many records there. Maybe Elliott really did break his QB brain, or Bronco Mendenhall was just a genius who plugged in a gimmick. Who knows! Tony Elliott is not faring well as a head coach at UVa, even as he's recounted here as being fair to white running back prospects or as Clemson's DC.

Thanks @Leonardfan for reminding me to root for Alabama to lose to Ole Miss. Does anyone bother to buy into the "student becoming the teacher" dynamic with Lane Kiffin and Nick Saban? They're both rulers over massive plantations with larger-than-life personalities. Is Lane going to use some playbook "trick" that wise old Nick taught him as a pupil? I won't even bother to watch the one-minute highlights, but I do hope Alabama's black QB fails again after this weird re-boot. Seriously, what is the deal with that? It's a new thing now to do "in-season tryouts" for the depth chart during the current bodybag games, mostly still for quarterback. I don't disagree with that concept at all, but find the finality all the more disingenuous and against the spirit of meritocracy.

Drifting off for now...

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Looks like Chez Mellusi blew out his knee again. Assuming this should mean more time for Yacamelli, as their only speed back left.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the upbeat post as always, @TwentyTwo

I can't believe grad transfer Brennan Armstrong didn't torch UVa in a weird homecoming after setting so many records there. Maybe Elliott really did break his QB brain, or Bronco Mendenhall was just a genius who plugged in a gimmick. Who knows! Tony Elliott is not faring well as a head coach at UVa, even as he's recounted here as being fair to white running back prospects or as Clemson's DC.

Thanks @Leonardfan for reminding me to root for Alabama to lose to Ole Miss. Does anyone bother to buy into the "student becoming the teacher" dynamic with Lane Kiffin and Nick Saban? They're both rulers over massive plantations with larger-than-life personalities. Is Lane going to use some playbook "trick" that wise old Nick taught him as a pupil? I won't even bother to watch the one-minute highlights, but I do hope Alabama's black QB fails again after this weird re-boot. Seriously, what is the deal with that? It's a new thing now to do "in-season tryouts" for the depth chart during the current bodybag games, mostly still for quarterback. I don't disagree with that concept at all, but find the finality all the more disingenuous and against the spirit of meritocracy.

Drifting off for now...

As for Ole Miss - Alabama the only other reason I am interested is to see how Jaxson Dart does. He's quietly had a great start to the season, has improved each year and is a White dual threat QB in the SEC. National media of course won't talk much about him though.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Tough running against the Crimenols D but very happy that Clemson has the lead at the half. Hopefully they keep it up in the 2nd half and knockoff the overrated coal black FSU.