2017 NFL Week 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upside

Mentor
Quite a bit of empty seats at a Steelers home game. A lot of different angles I'm seeing this with the fancy-smancy cameras. I highly doubt all those are because folks are still at the concession stand or the john...

They are trying really hard to keep those cameras from panning into the upper terrace...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Klug has had 2 sacks crissy and tirico "the italian" have not credited him with either. They have managed to talk about other black defensive players.

Klug should have been a starter his entire career; instead he's always been a backup who always "overachieves" when he plays.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Crissy making excuses for Walker after he misses an easy td pass a play after talking him up

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Why are so many teams using lousy looking uniforms nowadays?

RTTAS

Guru
Very nice Roethlisberger to James TD. Completely fooled the whole defence.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Mariota with his fourth interception.

When Wentz and Goff were drafted first and second in the 2016 draft many analysts were saying they weren't as good as Winston and Mariota, who were drafted first and second the previous year. Guess they were wrong.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Remember when Big Ben threw 5 Ints and the sky was falling, people were calling for him to retire etc.? Have to wonder what the excuse is going to be for Mariota and his 4 INTs.

Johnny_U

Guru
Remember when Big Ben threw 5 Ints and the sky was falling, people were calling for him to retire etc.? Have to wonder what the excuse is going to be for Mariota and his 4 INTs.
The DWF's in their Reddit are blaming it on Robiskie's play calling. They just can't except that Mariota isn't a good pro QB.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
The only black "running" QB and white WR that I remember off the top of my head that had good chemistry was Steve McNair and WR Drew Bennett who ironically were Titans. And even that pairing didn't last but a few years. Bennett's standout season was 2004 where he caught 80 passes for 1247 yards and 11 TD's. Big time. Are things really better today with the white WR's? Perhaps but not by as large margin as we like to think. Heck in 2004 speedster WR Kevin Curtis was starting to make some waves with the Rams and in 2007, his banner year, he caught 77 passes for 1110 yards and 6 touchdowns. We are not in any golden era at WR at least not yet that is all I am saying. A bit better that is all. Bennett had two or three more solid but not great seasons then sort of fell off the board. At his best though he was outstanding.

Like him or not, Cam Newton helped Greg Olsen become the only TE in NFL history to record three straight 1,000-yard seasons in 2014, 2015, and 2016. He also had 800+ yards in 2012 and 2013 with Newton at the helm.

As you mentioned, Kevin Curtis had over 1,000 yards with Donovan McNabb as his QB in 2007-2008.

Shadowlight

Master
Thrashen I have an ironclad rule where I do not substitute TE's for WR's. Not saying the Newton to Olsen combo is not sorely welcome but that is just my own personal conviction. However your mention of the McNabb and Kevin Curtis combination is very pertinent and I thank you for being on the ball. So that example is better than the McNair to Bennett combination. So it has been established that it is very rare but there was an exception and your example looks to be the best.

I know some of you like the sky cam but I don't like it. For starters it makes me seasick. And Thrashen I should have taken your advice and skipped the game.

A depressing game and it looks like they now utilize Eric Decker as a "second string scrub." Which is strange since the Titan's first string WR's look like crap. Why not target the proven Decker ten times a game and maybe the passing game would open up for a change? Then again media hero QB Mariota looked beyond bad last night. Is this the same QB that scouts were getting sexually excited about on draft day? Is this the same guy we have been told countless times is the next superstar QB in the NFL? I have not tuned into the Titans over the past several years but color me unimpressed and that is an understatement. The best thing I can say about this waste of time game is TJ Watt blocked a field goal. Good grief. Watt didn't do much stat wise but he is active and makes their defense better than last season.

And one other thing. I don't like the mug on that Titan's coach Mularkey, which is a suitable name for him. He looks like the prototype caste ******* to me.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And one other thing. I don't like the mug on that Titan's coach Mularkey, which is a suitable name for him. He looks like the prototype caste ******* to me.

Mularkey is rarely mentioned on CF, but he's been a reliable Caste clown his entire career. His career coaching record is 33-50 with three teams -- Buffalo, Jax and Tennessee. None of his teams have ever reached double digits in wins yet he continues to find work for some reason.

BTW, after last night Mariota now has just 8 TD passes compared to 10 interceptions, woeful numbers, especially for a team whose running game is supposed to make the passing game more effective. But like teams with a black QB, he has no real competition behind him (Cassel and Weeden) and I'm sure we'll continue to hear nothing from the Caste media about Mariota's lack of development as a passer.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Alot of these athletic qbs are like basketball players with no jump shot. They rely purely on their athletecism to score
points but when the defense figures them out they are screwed. Add to that is the fact that nfl players are so much faster
than college players and father time only lets you run & get hit so much before your body gives out. It truely is a recipe
for disaster. You cannot beat the classic drop back passer. You run only when you have no other choice.

Tannehill17

Mentor
This might be an unpopular opinion around here, but I actually root for Mariota. I know he's not a white guy but sort of like George Zimmerman, he's treated like a white quarterback by the media (at least from my perspective) I don't consider him to be a black quarterback and I definitely thought he was better than Jameez coming out of college. To me, he's similar to Jim Plunkett.

Shadowlight

Master
Good analogy WL. Can't make the proper throws and or can't hit a jump shot. And let me add in ball hog. In basketball no explanation is needed. But if a QB "hogs" the ball so he can run isn't that the antithesis of what a QB's main job is which is to distribute the ball? Of course there are QB's that are great runners and I am not suggesting they stand still. Nor am I against option attacks like the one they run at Georgia Tech but keep in mind that QB they have now will never become a pro QB. And as a WR it is impossible for a WR to put up big numbers in an option offense. Just ask GT WR Brad Stewart. But that is part of being in a run heavy attack and even those teams need to field WR's.

But if you are a NFL WR and you have to deal with the likes of a Mariota why would you bother signing up for that? Mariota sprouted out of a gimmicky Oregon offense and the proof that he can't consistently throw the ball is evident in the way Decker is utilized. Decker may be a bit past his prime but he is still a solid NFL WR and is capable of catching 50 -60 passes a season for around 800 yards. Yet Decker is sporadically targeted by Mariota who constantly spews the ball all over the place. It doesn't help the matter that their head coach uses Decker as a second string fill in.

The media today more than ever is getting jittery and jumpy when it comes to non white QB's. There is a distinct defensive tone being applied and in general they over praise by a country mile a good game by a black QB. Based on a couple of few games the media had dubbed Deshaun Watson, who may or may not turn out to be reasonably good but you would have thought he was the second coming. As I have stated before I am not a QB guy. I have always loved the WR position and at heart love good old fashioned tough defenses. But this new wave of focus on black QB's reeks of desperation from the media. It is as if they won't be satisfied until every key position is played by a non white athlete. Very suffocating as we all know.

Last edited:

Upside

Mentor
Mariota is a joke

I've seen him in four games this year, and he was bad in all four. Media makes him out to be great; if a person didn't know any better, you'd think he was a top 5 QB...

This view/angle is vividly showing how terrible Black Secondaries are. I think the League is blowing it yet again. This looks really revealing and almost looks like the game is elementary and truly as we've joked on here before, like the NBA on Turf.
Maybe I'm just cynical after that disgusting musical intro with metrosexual fairies and skanks. I had to mute "and" look away.

You can see the affletic linebackers misreading the play, bumping into one another.

Again, why is Matakevich not starting at ILB for the Steelers?

Nice 2 sack game by Karl Klug.
DaQuan(good lord) Jones has been the full-time starter at DE for the Titans over the last 3 seasons, and has 1.5 sacks during that span. So in one game, with limited reps, Klug has outperformed 3 seasons worth of production by DaQuan.... Yet Duhquan starts and Klug (7 sacks in 3 seasons) is 2nd string....

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The spider cam view also illuminates how often black running backs fail to see holes developing, or flat out go the wrong way when one is already open. On one play, Demarco Murray had to only go to his left a few feet to run through a gaping hole, but instead ran straight into the backside of one of his blockers who was directly in front of him, ending the play for no gain. Yet only blacks are supposedly gifted enough to play this position. What a cruel joke!

PHillisFan

Master
This might be an unpopular opinion around here, but I actually root for Mariota. I know he's not a white guy but sort of like George Zimmerman, he's treated like a white quarterback by the media (at least from my perspective) I don't consider him to be a black quarterback and I definitely thought he was better than Jameez coming out of college. To me, he's similar to Jim Plunkett.

I would rather see poly, asian and mestizo qb's than quoutabacks in the league. If I had to choose.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
BTW, after last night Mariota now has just 8 TD passes compared to 10 interceptions, woeful numbers, especially for a team whose running game is supposed to make the passing game more effective. But like teams with a black QB, he has no real competition behind him (Cassel and Weeden) and I'm sure we'll continue to hear nothing from the Caste media about Mariota's lack of development as a passer.

When Weeden has gotten an opportunity to play in recent years he's played well. He certainly can play better than Mariota has recently.

Weeden played poorly his second year in the league due to an injury after a good rookie season. After that he was completely written off by the media and the team. The Browns should have stuck with Weeden to see if he could develop further but...they're the Browns.

northwinds

Mentor
Danny Woodhead still listed as 'IR'......the Ravens have until 4:00 pm on Saturday to decide whether he will play against the Packers on Sunday. Looks promising as he has been practicing for the past two weeks.

NEP01

Guru
It was amusing to hear Collinsworth say Mariota still needs time to develop, as if that's an excuse for playing this poorly in his third season. Brady, Roethlisberger, and Wilson all won Super Bowls in their second season.

Comparing Mariota/Winston to Goff/Wentz is quite revealing when looked at from the obvious perspective.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Woodhead will play! :clap:

Rams-Vikings is a battle of the White-friendly 7-2 teams but Keenum will have the shortest leash ever with Saint Teddy of Bridgewater breathing down his neck.
Pulling for the Vikes. To keep Keenum in the line up. Astounding that I have to say that with a hot team at 7-2. The castesystem tentacles are deep.

woody39

Mentor
Heres hoping for some good games for our boys this week. Couple of great games on UK tv today with Vikings against rams and patriots giving a hiding to the raiduhs later on! Keenum Thielen connection this week will be key against a good Rams team! Brady Gronk Cooks Dola and a healthy dose of Rex will destroy the Raiders tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.