2016 College Football Season Week 6

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Stanford needs to figure out the QB situation or it will be a long season.

Kaptain

Master
The qb situation is concerning at Stanford, but somebody needs to pull the offensive play chart away from Shaw's fingers. He's killing this team. Slow-paced offense with predictable plays and absolutely no deception. I can count the number of play action passes I've seen them attempt this year on one hand. Mccaffrey is now out of the game with some sort of injury. The injury doesn't seem to be to serious.

TwentyTwo

Master
Stanford all around has been awful these past two weeks...the O-Line getting whipped too...McCaffrey not playing much..hip? Looks like Shaw went to Les Miles playbook

River Cracraft with the tremendous over the shoulder TD catch will being grabbed by Hoffpauir...now 7 rec for 130 yards...announcers just said his favorite player is Julian Edelman

Illinois QB Chayce Crouch 137 yds rushing & 2 TD's didn't even play entire game

Trevor Knight 110 yards rushing & 3 TD's

RB Kyler Neal (Georgia St) 89 yards rushing on 13 carries & TD

icsept

Master
Ryan Nall with video game numbers 14 rushes 221 yards (15.8 ypc) and 3 TDS. You could take away his 80 yd run and he still would have averaged 11yds/carry. I guess Chad Hansen got hurt?

sprintstar

Mentor
I find it extremely suspect that Stanford starts the season essentially where they left off last season. Mccaffery was burning the field on offence and on KO and PR's and is essentially proving he should have won the Heisman and is a serious contender again this year, now suddenly they tank in the last 2 games suspiciously and Mccaffery is almost invisible, he now has a "minor" injury? In my limited knowledge it seems to me Shaw is intentionally killing the offence...hmmmm I wonder why?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ryan Nall with video game numbers 14 rushes 221 yards (15.8 ypc) and 3 TDS. You could take away his 80 yd run and he still would have averaged 11yds/carry. I guess Chad Hansen got hurt?

Hansen had to be helped off the field. I am hoping it was just a foot injury. Cal has a bye week so hopefully Chad will come back healthy in two weeks.

Nall has an outside shot at 1000 rushing yards after his amazing performance last night. He is fun to watch.

Stanford looks to be done this year. They will probably end up going 7-5/8-4. The offense looks really bad and the playcalling is not helping matters. It just goes to show what a good QB Kevin Hogan was over the past 4 years for them.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I am nominating Navy QB Will Worth for Castefootball player of the week! He executed the wishbone offense to perfection against a defense full of dem 5 star affletes wit dat upisde and knocked the midget black quarterback out of Heisman consideration.

Worth was 3/5 76 yds 2 TDs passing and carried the ball 32 times for 115 yds with a rushing TD leading Navy to a huge upset over one of the blackest teams in the country.

usatsi_9595457.jpg

Heretic

Master
I watched much of the second half and I agree he ran that wishbone to perfection. It was like watching a moving piece of art.

I'll have to vote him "Runner Up" though, second only to Washington QB Jake Browning's record-breaking performance against Oregon that included 8 TDs, 6 throwing and 2 running.

Phall

Master
If we're nominating, I think Nick Holley of Kent State deserves a mention. The converted running back started his second game at QB and ran for 224 yards and 4 td's in a 44-20 demolition of a melanin-laden Buffalo team. His stat line and 67 yard scamper made a few national highlight reels, so hopefully he earned some new attention other than just here at CF.

Phall

Master
I went to the Rutgers-Michigan slaughter last night and had a fun time outlasting the rain. There were no amazing tales a la Flint's experience at EMU last month; in fact, I didn't see a single player make a black power salute during the national anthem. Jabrill Peppers deserved the game ball for Michigan, but he would have had another score if white safety (and former cornerback) Anthony Cioffi had not caught him from behind at the 5 yard line. Fifth-year walk-on fullback Bobby Henderson had three carries for 26 yards and his first career touchdown.

It was hard to feel sorry for Rutgers fans, who were good sports but seemed to lay most of the blame on their white quarterback. Apparently, "the future" is a true freshman black quarterback who might not yet be strong enough to run around the field with full pads. If head coach Chris Ash intends to follow the "Ohio State Lite" model, he won't last through his five year contract.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I went to the Rutgers-Michigan slaughter last night and had a fun time outlasting the rain. There were no amazing tales a la Flint's experience at EMU last month; in fact, I didn't see a single player make a black power salute during the national anthem. Jabrill Peppers deserved the game ball for Michigan, but he would have had another score if white safety (and former cornerback) Anthony Cioffi had not caught him from behind at the 5 yard line. Fifth-year walk-on fullback Bobby Henderson had three carries for 26 yards and his first career touchdown.

It was hard to feel sorry for Rutgers fans, who were good sports but seemed to lay most of the blame on their white quarterback. Apparently, "the future" is a true freshman black quarterback who might not yet be strong enough to run around the field with full pads. If head coach Chris Ash intends to follow the "Ohio State Lite" model, he won't last through his five year contract.

What did you think of Speight?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Rutgers is an embarrassment to the Big Ten what a loathesome performance last night. Typical DWF blame the white QB on a team full of darkies. In their mind an AAQB is the only thing they need to be successful lol.

Phall

Master
What did you think of Speight?

Overall, he seems good but not great. His poor touch on a couple early throws was probably just due to the rain. I thought a couple of his incompletions were dropped, and he laid out a great ball on his one touchdown pass. This game wasn't really a barometer of anything though.

I would be happy with Speight improving slowly and steadily throughout the year, like Rudock last season. I've really never heard clamor from any fans for O'Korn to replace him. The way the Wolverines stack up, Speight compares to a Jake Coker/Greg McElroy type, managing a decent pro-style offense to do enough for an elite defense. Maybe O'Korn is better equipped to win a shootout, but if Michigan finds itself in one of those later on, their problems really won't be with their quarterback.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Overall, he seems good but not great. His poor touch on a couple early throws was probably just due to the rain. I thought a couple of his incompletions were dropped, and he laid out a great ball on his one touchdown pass. This game wasn't really a barometer of anything though.

I would be happy with Speight improving slowly and steadily throughout the year, like Rudock last season. I've really never heard clamor from any fans for O'Korn to replace him. The way the Wolverines stack up, Speight compares to a Jake Coker/Greg McElroy type, managing a decent pro-style offense to do enough for an elite defense. Maybe O'Korn is better equipped to win a shootout, but if Michigan finds itself in one of those later on, their problems really won't be with their quarterback.

Thanks for the insight. I guess for me I like trying to project them to the next level and it just doesn't seem like he has it. I am sure I could be wrong due to Harbaugh's ability to coach up and develop QBs.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the insight. I guess for me I like trying to project them to the next level and it just doesn't seem like he has it. I am sure I could be wrong due to Harbaugh's ability to coach up and develop QBs.

He's only a redshirt sophomore so looks like Harbaugh will be able to mold him for another couple years.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
He's only a redshirt sophomore so looks like Harbaugh will be able to mold him for another couple years.

Oh I thought he was a junior. Michigan is becoming a parking lot for white QBs unfortunately. Speight, O'Korn, Morris, Brandon Peters (4 star), Alex Malzone (4 star) with McCaffrey committing for 2017.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Oh I thought he was a junior. Michigan is becoming a parking lot for white QBs unfortunately. Speight, O'Korn, Morris, Brandon Peters (4 star), Alex Malzone (4 star) with McCaffrey committing for 2017.

I'm happy they haven't gone the black quarterback route but Damn I hope a couple of these guys transfer elsewhere where they can make an immediate impact. McCaffrey oughta reconsider Stanford!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I'm happy they haven't gone the black quarterback route but Damn I hope a couple of these guys transfer elsewhere where they can make an immediate impact. McCaffrey oughta reconsider Stanford!

Yea I agree. I do believe Haurbaugh has recruited some islander though in 2018.

Alabama and USC both stockpiled white QBs and are now seeing some attrition. I am sure at Michigan some of these QBs will transfer out. It seems like teams recruit these QBs just to keep other teams from getting them. I can't really understand the decision of some of these kids to commit to schools so heavily stocked at the position.

TwentyTwo

Master
If we're nominating, I think Nick Holley of Kent State deserves a mention. The converted running back started his second game at QB and ran for 224 yards and 4 td's in a 44-20 demolition of a melanin-laden Buffalo team. His stat line and 67 yard scamper made a few national highlight reels, so hopefully he earned some new attention other than just here at CF.
ESPN was showing Nick Holley some love with his highlights with long TD run & even said the Patriots will end up getting himo_O

BTW his brother Nate a DB has been the Leading Tackler in FBS so far

Phall

Master
Stanford recruited stud quarterback Davis Mills for 2017 over Dylan McCaffery, believe it or not. McCaffery didn't have a commitable offer. He cannot "reconsider."

And yes, Michigan's "#1 target" for 2018 is some dusky dual-threat runner. I like to think it's a troll. I'd much rather squander some white quarterbacking talent on the bench, but of course I'm biased.

Last spring, O'Korn was touted as the best QB on campus during spring practices as a transfer. He had a full redshirt year to work with the team but lost a close competition to a younger Speight this season. Speight was not a Harbaugh recruit. O'Korn can probably leave as a grad transfer this year or next, or stick around and see what happens. Shane Morris really didn't show anything on the field in 2014, twice declined transfer, and lost two quarterback competitions.