2016 College Football Season Week 12

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
He has the Heisman to gain. Ultimately, Gerhart and Burkhead were screwed over by the NFL anyway. I have no faith he'd be treated any differently.

On the other hand, if McCaffrey won the Heisman, I think he'd be the first White RB since Cappelletti in 1973 to win one...44 years from 2017. That would be a huge accomplishment. I still remember being a kid and staying up late one night to watch the Late Late Show which was a movie about Cappelletti and the dying kid that he dedicated his trophy to. I was blessed to be around then and experience that. It'd be inspirational for contemporary White athletes and running backs to feel that they may be able to do it as well.

He's only 20 years old right now anyway and won't turn 21 until next June. Time is on his side.

I go back and forth. I would love to see McCaffrey come back and win a Heisman but would also like to see him get to the NFL to hopefully make an impact early. Chryst's early returns as a starter have been encouraging - if he finishes the season strong and gives Stanford a quality QB to take pressure off the passing game than seeing Christian return would be great.

TwentyTwo

Master
Christian McCaffrey has rushed for 787 yards & 9 TD's the past four games

Ryan Nall ...124 yards rushing on 23 carries & TD + TD reception

Army's Andy Davidson rushed for 111 yards on 18 carries & 2 TD's....Cole Macek 7 carries for 108 yards & 2 TD's

Navy QB Will Worth rushed for 159 yards & 4 TD's
QB Nick Fitzgerald rushed for 131 yards on 17 carries & 4 TD's

Drew Morgan 6 receptions for 91 yards
Jordan Westerkamp 8- 85 -1 TD
Ryan Switzer 4 - 91 -1 TD

Jake Weineke 7 - 136 - 2 TD's + TD Pass
Justin Watson 11- 106

Thanks Carolina Speed for the head's up...Dalton Crossan finished w 163 yards rushing

Air Force Weston Steelhammer 2 INT's tonight....17 in his career

Last edited:

Shadowlight

Master
Some positives this week. Switzer went out on a deep pattern and sizzled the defender one on one. It is up at ESPN really worth looking up. Begs the question why not send him deep more often. Most of the year that damn dink and dunk stuff to him. Same with Westerkamp. He rarely goes deep anymore. The previous coach sent him deep. This regime doesn't draw up deep patterns for him. Still the new QB at least threw Westerkamp and Reilly a few more bones than usual. I am usually conservative when it comes to guys leaving early for the NFL but McCaffrey is a slam dunk. He has nothing left to prove in college except a Heisman . He is pretty much a lock to be the third or forth RB drafted and given his recent charge a first round looks like it is in the cards. If Chad Hansen finishes off the season strong and the NFL gets interested then he too might be better off by taking the bait. Like Switzer he also burned the secondary with his wheels as mentioned above.
Clemson's Tanner Muse who shines on Clemson's special teams played a little more than usual D yesterday. Just a frosh the NFL is ALREADY sniffing around. A true ace of an athlete this is a guy who could breakthrough next year. If Penn State beats Michigan State next week and wins the conference championship vs. (Wisconsin?) they are a lock to be in the final four. I hope they make it. Their QB is quick as a cat and they have some white DE's who can create havoc. The TE is a rangy player who gets downfield in a hurry. I just wish they had more white players in the smaller skill positions like DB's and LB's and WR. Colorado , while not as black as Washington , does not feature a lot of white players but I have noticed the coach's son Jay has been picking up the pace lately. He is a very quick versatile WR/ scat back. Ryan Nall looks like another guy down the road with NFL potential. They probably see him as a hybrid FB/RB due to his size but he has speed. A good comparison might be former NFL player Mike Alstott although I believe Nall is faster.

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Texas has officially given Charlie Strong the boot!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Just a final take away from yesterday's Washington St. - Colorado game. I did not watch the whole thing but did see enough of it to notice that Leach was calling to many long passing plays. Marks did drop that one easy TD but from what I have seen out of Falk this year is that he excels at the short to mid level attack to find his rhythm and than will unleash some long strikes as the offense gets into a groove. I was disappointed to see them lose and now having to hear about the colorado poly QB as some sort of draft sleeper.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
There are a lot of teams' I don't worship, but to make an observation.... Colorado's o-line, with 4 White starters, has been really good. Without that, they would be a shell of themselves (think UCLA).

Shadowlight

Master
Detective work needed. Calling Sherlock Holmes. This is odd but I could swear we are looking at another Devon Allen situation so until I am proven wrong I will go by the assumption that Cal DB Ashtyn Davis is mixed. Heck just the other day I discovered that very white skinned Colorado basketball player Alexis Robinson is mixed because I just saw a pic of her sister who just signed on to play for Colorado and she is without a doubt part black. Davis, go figure, like Allen is a hurdler. Two trends I have noticed--see Vic Wharton former Tennessee player who transferred to California. If it seems too good to be true it probably is when you see what you think is a white guy playing speed skill positions for a power conference be very aware that the guy could very well be mixed. Also and this grates to no end, you get these young rising high school prospects in sprinting or football , basketball you name it in a state that is mostly white but the prospect is black. I say to myself what the F is going on out there?