2014 NFL Draft

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be shocked if GB selects a white guy

I could be totally wrong, but when J. B. Cash wrote an article about "The Whitest Team Wins the Super Bowl," that seemed to spook Thompson and Murphy (pun not intended). I know it was reprinted on at least one Green Bay DWF site, and maybe elsewhere. It just seems like they were embarrassed by being so relatively white and they've done a complete about face ever since as far as drafting and constructing their regular season roster.

Upside

Mentor
ANOTHER WR to Philly??? I guess Jeff Maehl is history. Riley's starting job should still be safe, but we all know how things work....

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I could be totally wrong, but when J. B. Cash wrote an article about "The Whitest Team Wins the Super Bowl," that seemed to spook the Packers organization (pun not intended). I know it was reprinted on at least one Green Bay DWF site, and maybe elsewhere. It just seems like they were embarrassed by being so relatively white and they've done a complete about face ever since as far as drafting and constructing their regular season roster.

Don I remember the article well and I agree. Getting away from what won a Superbowl. Its a damn shame the lack of spine some of these guys in charge have..

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Holding out the slimmest of hopes that Abrederris will be taken as one of the late picks of the third round.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I'd be shocked if GB selects a white guy. And they don't they select a sumo wuh a whopping 5 sacks in his career. Lmao that's what it takes to succeed in draft these days folks!!
If you're black and have 5 1/2 sacks you go in the first round, as New England's pick did.

Upside

Mentor
Don I remember the article well and I agree. Getting away from what won a Superbowl. Its a damn shame the lack of spine some of these guys in charge have..

Yup, like when Jay Leno told Mark Cuban that the Mavericks were very white. Within a couple years, Dirk was the lone horseman.

or when Larry Bird was criticized for having too many Whites on the Pacers. That team was torn up really quick too.

or when some dolt pointed out the Saints 'snow patrol' LB corps. They started signing black LBs left and right trying to 'infuse speed to the defense'.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Yup, like when Jay Leno told Mark Cuban that the Mavericks were very white. Within a couple years, Dirk was the lone horseman.

or when Larry Bird was criticized for having too many Whites on the Pacers. That team was torn up really quick too.

or when some dolt pointed out the Saints 'snow patrol' LB corps. They started signing black LBs left and right trying to 'infuse speed to the defense'.

add the Astros team that won world series to your list!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
13 black WRs picked so far. Evidently they all have more upside than Abbrederis.

And the Cardinals just took some runt that played for "Pittsburg State." But then again, given Ryan Swope's mysterious career ending concussion last year during non-contact drills, no White receiver should want to be drafted by Arizona.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Trey Wingo just repeated with a straight face the whopper that Browns WR Nate Burleson broke his arm "reaching for a pizza." Almost as good as Brandon Marshall hurting his shoulder "tripping over a McDonald's wrapper" and Thomas Jones breaking his wrist "answering the phone."

Riggins44

Master
The Jags pick up Brandon Linder, who looks white to me. The Jags are going from strength to strength!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Riggins44

Master
Oh no, Denver just made a huge mistake; they drafted a white OL. Surely they didn't realize he's white.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
All white o-line for Jax next year as Linder will likely win the starting job

Looks like they're finally understanding that their fan base is sick of crappy almost all-black teams. I'll be hoping they draft Abbrederis now even though they've already taken two receivers. Other than Cecil Shorts they have nothing at WR with loser Blackmon likely out of the league again this season.

Riggins44

Master
Good news for Toby

Maybe the Pakistaki owner of the Jags doesn't feel the pressure to be politically correct or act like a cultural marxist, as almost all the white/Jewish owners do, and he actually is encouraging his GM and staff to pick talented, promising, team players who have genuine upside and not just a room-brightening smile and funky names like Javarious, Ego and Ha Ha? Oh the irony. Maybe he'll eventually bring Tebow back to Jacksonville. We can hope!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Packers have drafted a Ha Ha, a Davante, a Khryi, and now yet another black tight end, who from his highlights looks to run about a 5.50 40.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jesus Joseph and Mary wtf packers now they draft bumass with 1td catch. They will receive an F for this years draft class.. Unreal how pathetic these last 2 picks have been.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Abbrederis torched Roby, the first round cornerback, when they played. Obviously he's pretty good.

They're now drafting receivers that aren't as good as he is.

Hopefully he'll be taken by the end of the fifth round and get a chance. If he gets a fair chance he'll make a team.

He should be drafted. However, remember how Conner Vernon and Tyler Shoemaker didn't get drafted...

Ha, I just snuck out for a 40 ouncer. And missed some good picks in the third round, maybe I should not watch more often.

I just happened to see this post, and now I have a picture in my mind of Don sipping on a 40. Not sure what to make of that, other than I now know that I'm not the only one here that buys beer with upside! :icon_lol:

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Houston should draft McCaron, I had him as the number five QB behind Bridgewater. I also had Mettenberger as the number six guy and it appears. Terrible draft for the Packer, Patriots, and Broncos.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I just happened to see this post, and now I have a picture in my mind of Don sipping on a 40. Not sure what to make of that, other than I now know that I'm not the only one here that buys beer with upside! :icon_lol:

Not sure if my beer has upside as it's Budweiser, more like I'm overachieving by being able to drink a 40 ouncer without dropping it or otherwise doing something geeky that us athletic inferiors are known for.

At least it takes the edge off watching this farce for the 30th year in a row or however many times I've gone through this masochistic ritual. The three sure things in life are death, taxes, and the Caste System in U.S. sports.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Jesus Joseph and Mary wtf packers now they draft bumass with 1td catch. They will receive an F for this years draft class.. Unreal how pathetic these last 2 picks have been.

According to NFL.com he also has fluctuating weight. Lol.