2014 NFL Draft

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Wow. Browns having a good draft.

First Manziel, now Bitonio.

Riddlewire

Master
Marqise Lee replaces Bradley Roby as the biggest bust of the 2014 draft.
What a dumb pick by JAX.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
St Louis just drafted a cornerback which doesn't look like a major need.

Bradford can't stay healthy. They should have taken a quarterback.

They could have taken Garoppolo or a guy I like, Tom Savage.

Riggins44

Master
Wow. Browns having a good draft.

First Manziel, now Bitonio.

The Browns and Jags are now at the top of the list of CF teams along with the Patriots and Eagles.

Also, maybe Green Bay is actually trying to improve their putrid defense with the addition of the idiotically named Ha-Ha. Hopefully he won't be a bust and will be able to help Matthews and Hawk.

Riggins44

Master
Weston Richburg to the Giants.

Edit: AND THE BLACKSKINS PICK UP TRENT MURPHY! AWESOME!! The Redskins are my hometown team and are covered ad nauseam here. Another paleface is always great! And he will team with Kerrigan at LB for years! Oh, this is sweet.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Redskins take Trent Murphy. They just helped their pass rush a lot.

Riggins44

Master
Chicago just drafted a player with the first name Ego. Every time you think you've heard the most idiotic negro name possible, a new one emerges.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Two white tight ends go. Amaro to the Jets and Niklas to the Cardinals.

Fiedorowicz could go sometime today too.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wow Davante Adams for the pack another friggin reach. And geez he has a white skeez on his arm.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
2nd round for that guy is ridiculous. If you're going to do that at least grab Janis or Allen from PSU some guys with height and size. Idk he did put up ridiculous stats and that's all that matters these days.

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
And then the bengals take Hill at RB..

Riddlewire

Master
Will Abbrederis get drafted?

My guess: 7th round and cut before the season starts.
That's just how the NFL works now.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And then the bengals take Hill at RB..

Which means Rex Burkhead drops to 4th on the Cincy depth chart, which means barring injuries to those ahead of him he'll likely be cut and quite possibly be out of the league, a running back who would rush for over 1,000 yards if given an opportunity.

BTW, I haven't watched every pick, but of the ones I have every single ceremonial former player introduced by Goodell to announce a pick has been black except for one, Terry Hanratty.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Which means Rex Burkhead drops to 4th on the Cincy depth chart, which means barring injuries to those ahead of him he'll likely be cut and quite possibly be out of the league, a running back who would rush for over 1,000 yards if given an opportunity.

BTW, I haven't watched every pick, but of the ones I have every single ceremonial former player introduced by Goodell to announce a pick has been black except for one, Terry Hanratty.
Yup pretty much. He's better off getting cut now

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Will Abbrederis get drafted?

My guess: 7th round and cut before the season starts.
That's just how the NFL works now.

You're probably right. But the affletes he scorched this year are flying off the board... Dennard,Roby,and now Baptiste!!

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Colts take offensive lineman Jack Mewhort.

They had no first round pick because of the questionable trade for Trent Richardson. They could have had Toby Gerhart for less.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Seven Whites picked so far in the second round if we include Amaro, which I'm ready to do at this point. :eek:hwell:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Love how Weenieworld uses Caste logic to call Carlos Hyde a "bellcow" (though they spelled the word incorrectly. If he was White he'd be a free agent fullback.

49ers traded with Miami to select Ohio State RB Carlos Hyde with the No. 57 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft. Hyde (5-foot-11 7/8, 230) started 20 games for the Buckeyes, turning 523 carries into 3,198 yards and 37 touchdowns. His career (6.11) and 2013 single-season (7.31) YPC averages each rank first in school history. Hyde managed 34 career receptions and is a work in progress in the passing game. He also lacks elite long speed (4.66) and short-area explosion (9-foot-6 broad jump). Hyde projects as a bellow NFL back, however, with deceptive lateral agility, light feet, and power to push piles. Though not nearly as "complete," you could argue Hyde has similar pure run talent to Eddie Lacy. The 49ers have a lot of depth at running back, but don't count out Hyde to eventually take over for Frank Gore.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wow pats make up for future bust in 1st rd? Garrapolo!

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Patriots take quarterback Garoppolo. Smart move, getting a quality backup and a potential future starter for when Brady finally retires.

Garoppolo went much lower than he should have.

I thought they might take Tom Savage, a player I like. They might have if Garoppolo hadn't fallen to them.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Love how Weenieworld uses Caste logic to call Carlos Hyde a "bellcow" (though they spelled the word incorrectly. If he was White he'd be a free agent fullback.

49ers traded with Miami to select Ohio State RB Carlos Hyde with the No. 57 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft. Hyde (5-foot-11 7/8, 230) started 20 games for the Buckeyes, turning 523 carries into 3,198 yards and 37 touchdowns. His career (6.11) and 2013 single-season (7.31) YPC averages each rank first in school history. Hyde managed 34 career receptions and is a work in progress in the passing game. He also lacks elite long speed (4.66) and short-area explosion (9-foot-6 broad jump). Hyde projects as a bellow NFL back, however, with deceptive lateral agility, light feet, and power to push piles. Though not nearly as "complete," you could argue Hyde has similar pure run talent to Eddie Lacy. The 49ers have a lot of depth at running back, but don't count out Hyde to eventually take over for Frank Gore.

I like how they say he's a work in progress in the passing game rather than saying he's not a good receiver.

A white player running a 4.66 wouldn't be drafted.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Will the Texans take Tom Savage?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Texans take TE Fiedorowicz at the top of round 3. Fiedorowicz is a good player but they should have taken a QB.

Savage, Mettenberger and McCarron were all available. Perhaps they're going to trade for Mallet.

Incidentally, there's a top American chess player named Fiedorowicz.