2013 NFL Combine

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Professional Tebow hater Merrill "the Hog" Hoge is now bashing Matt Barkley, along with pseudo-"expert" Greg Cosell:

After a five-game study of USC QB Matt Barkley, ESPN's Merril Hoge believes Barkley is a "project" who deserves to be drafted in the third or fourth round. NFL Films' Greg Cosell recently called Barkley a "fourth-round talent" on tape. "He's a flat-footed thrower, which I haven't seen (before), quite honestly," said Hoge. "And that really affects his ability to drive the football. And he doesn't have a big arm anyway. He's very sloppy and erratic in the pocket, as well. And that combination is a little disturbing when you're transitioning to the NFL. ... At the line of scrimmage, I didn't see a guy who really understood the protections and all the pressures. Made a lot of mistakes, threw a lot of bad balls. And those type of things would concern me."
Hoge seems like a blowhard who likes to have strong, "controversial" opinions on particular players he "doesn't like". Now he has strong words on Geno Smith. Maybe he's an equal opportunity hater?

Geno Smith - QB - Player

ESPN's Merril Hoge lit into West Virginia QB Geno Smith on NFL Live Wednesday, insisting there "ain't no way" the Cardinals will draft him at No. 7 overall.

Hoge compared Todd McShay mock-drafting Smith at No. 7 to Mel Kiper hyping up Mike Williams before the 2005 draft. "In recent memory, I have never seen a more inconsistent thrower than Geno Smith," said Hoge. "Receivers that are wide open, (he) absolutely completely misses them. I got frustrated by watching him. ... You cannot be that inconsistent in college and then fix that in the NFL. Decision making, I thought under pressure he was below, below average. ... There ain't no way the Cardinals are gonna draft him. If Bruce Arians has anything to do about it, he will look at (Smith) and say there is no possible way."

In this one instance, I'd have to agree with The Hog.

Riddlewire

Master
Wofford held their Pro Day this morning. I was hoping maybe Breitenstein could improve his draft chances with some strong timings.

However, it looks like Wofford's coach doesn't take this seriously. They held their timing events on their dead grass football field. Here's a picture from this morning's tryouts:

bildejf.jpg

Riddlewire

Master
T.J. Moe ran a 4.5 40 at Missouri's pro day.
Along with his position leading times in all the agility drills at the combine, he ought to be considered no worse than a 3rd round selection.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mike Mayock was at Texas A&M's pro day today, mainly to report on Joeckel, but he also talked about Swope, saying he is the rare football player who is fast and quick. Then he again brought up Swope's alleged "multiple concussions" problem. I'm still looking for confirmation of this. Mayock was the original source of it but it has been widely repeated, typical of how the media rarely does any fact-checking. Maybe Swope did have multiple concussions at A&M but I'd at least like to see more evidence for the claim than just Mayock saying it.

Riddlewire

Master
A writer I've never heard of (Oren Shiri) tweeted this three days ago:

"Test reveal that Texas A&M WR Ryan Swope has a history of medical issues, specifically multiple concussions."

I'm guessing it was the Combine Physical that showed this. However, the only game Swope missed in his college career was the first game of his freshman season. Possible that the Combine Physical is just another tool of the NFL to obtain the results they want, just like the phony "official" 40 times that no one can explain at the combine.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I am sure they will try to compare him to Collie, "hes got ideal, size and speed, so he must be injury prone!" anything to make a White guy look bad. He might have had 2 or 3 extremely mild concussions, probably something plenty of football players get if you want to date all the way back to high school, the difference is that that his are being talked about.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Some woman trying out as a kicker at a regional combine.

http://youtu.be/OFFIAM-WnEc

Oddly enough I don't this story was mentioned much on this site when it was going on. It was fairly big media interest when it was happening. Even Rush Limbaugh mentioned it frequently (in derision). It was wrapped in the same politically correct language that every pro-woman, pro-minority, first-time (or 2nd-time or 3rd time, etc etc) competitor type story gets. How she's 'breaking the glass ceiling' 'tearing down barriers' ad nauseum. Just another perceived attack on White males since in this case she was trying out for kicker a position that only White men are sorry enough to be able to do. Probably because of White privilege or something.

Her attempt was embarrassingly bad. She hurt herself on her first kick a 19 yard shank and then did worse trying one more time. It's hard to contemplate a more epic failure. When you think of all of the more deserving young White man that dedicated hours and hours in their life for this type of a shot and instead it's given to this no-talent girl merely for publicity sake.

She was wholly undeserving except for maybe the willingness to embarrass herself. She was nothing but a club level soccer player, which in the US means she's a recreational player. She was physically not very impressive. She's an MIT grad which means that she's probably some kind of affirmative action engineering chick that was gifted a high tech education in an attempt to stuff undeserving women into the sciences.

Perhaps the free ride she had gotten all her life ennobled her to try the same deal here, or more likely she was so deluded by years of being told that she's "as good as a guy" that she believed the hype and thought it might work in an endeavor where the outcome can't be engineered as easily as a college degree.

Here's a video link to this story full of the nauseating propaganda so familiar in the Pravada level media where even this horrible unquestioned failure of an idea is portrayed as a brave victory for the forces of good over evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yRWLH3OsmQ

The Hock

Master
In hindsight I think I should have put the link in the "We Live in a Cartoon" thread. No way this girl belongs at a combine, or even in an internet thread about combines.

It looks like no one even bothered to pre-test her, away from cameras, to screen her out before she could make a fool of herself. Which is fine with me. People can watch this sad joke and and see that maybe there is a difference between men and women.

It was funny watching some grizzled old coaches trying to keep a straight face (and their job) when they commented on her "performance."

She is kinda cute though. She'd make an athletic cheerleader for sure.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The Cornell pro day was held indoors on FieldTurf on March 8. Fourteen teams were present for two players — offensive tackle J.C. Tretter and Luke Tasker. The workout was run by Jim McNally, a longtime NFL offensive line coach who now consults for the Cincinnati Bengals. Tretter attended the NFL Scouting Combine.

Luke Tasker, WR (5-11, 190 pounds)
— Son of seven-time Pro Bowl and All Pro wide receiver Steve Tasker, Luke ran the 40-yard dash in 4.59 and 4.63 seconds. He recorded a 33 1/2-inch vertical, a 9-foot-7 broad jump, a 4.07-second short shuttle and a 6.70-second three-cone drill. He benched 225 pounds nine times.

Pg%2016%20Luke%20Tasker%20-%20AShah%20Staff.shadowbox-horizontal.jpg

Phall

Master
Big Ten first-teamer Jordan Kovacs posted great numbers at Michigan's Pro Day.

40 time: 4.58
Three-cone drill: 6.62
Shuttle: 4.19
Broad jump: Kovacs 10'2"
Vertical jump: Kovacs 35"

At the combine, that 40 time would have been 10th amongst safeties. That shuttle drill would have placed 9th, and the cone drill time would rank 3rd.

Of course, Kovacs still projects as an undrafted free agent with a ceiling of special teams contributor.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here is a guy who has been mentioned on this site before. In a fair league, he would be a a powerback and a more athletic version of Michael Turner. Some solid Pro Day numbers.

Harvard_logo.gif
[h=2]Harvard Pro Day Results [/h]
Player
Pos.
Height
Weight
Old 40
Pro Day 40
Bench
Vert
Broad
Proj. Round
Kyle Juszczyk​
FB​
6-2​
248​
--​
4.62​
24​
37​
10-1​
5-7​

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Former Portland State wide receiver Justin Monahan confident he can play in the N.F.L.

Shadowlight

Master
Combine importance

After a hiatus from posting but not from reading posts I was formerly known as Sunshine but I am back now as Shadowlight. Heck I know we are not supposed to change our names but Gandalf did i and so do movie stars--ha ha-t so I figured why not me since I have been away for so long. So apologies to the boss Don-- who does a great job btw--but I just felt a new name was needed.
Swope running a 4.34 was HUGE. The more white athletes post top 40 times the better and since he was the second fastest player at the combine--perhaps the fastest real football player there this year--one guy was a smurf and the other a trained track athlete --the better to wipe out the smug whites = no speed logic!
So we hope in the coming years there are more speedy whites attending and performing at the combines since it gets huge press coverage these days.. Yes the depth of athletic whites was a bit down this year but the most important event is the 40 at least for me and it was quite a relief to see Swope burn it.

Thanks for the video of Swope Thrashen. People may not remember that he was a Texas state 100 meter champion in high school.

There seems to be quite a few under the radar talents at wr this year. I think Kaufman, Swope, Vernon, Spadola, Shanahan, Rogers from Tennessee and even UCONN's Nick Williams could make an NFL squad this year but I am not holding my breath.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Its a shame that more White athletes aren't invited to the combine. Sam McGuffie would have run a 4.3. Jake Sharp would have ran a 4.3 a few years back. Of course Danny Woodhead would have. We have a few guys that would have run a 4.4 (Eric Peterman comes to mind) but since it wasn't at the combine people are saying its "not every day you see a White guy run a 4.3". I am still not convinced that Riley Cooper didn't crack 4.5, dude flys down the field, I think he was a in the 4.4 range, just like I am sure that Burkhead was in the 4.6 range. You don't have a 39 inch vertical and 10 5 broad and not be able to crack 4.7 at his size, there is a reason why only half of the timing process is electronic, so they can claim human error when they have two runners on the simultaneous cam and one running faster than the other but timed slower. This happened to Taylor Mays but I am sure its affected more Whites.

btw I made a better version of the Swope highlight, its under college stars forum but I'll post it here, I need more views!

[video=youtube;YgmHNAtIwsE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgmHNAtIwsE[/video]

I took out a lot of the routine plays (like 5 to 15 yard catches that weren't tds) to give a more highlight feel, the average viewer only watches about 2 to 4 minutes of a video.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
In the two other highlight reels of Swope I've seen (one of them is found on post 26 of the Swope thread), the first play shown is a touchdown catch against Oklahoma. As Swope breaks into the clear and heads for the endzone you hear Gus Johnson exclaim, "Swope, with speed, Swope, touchdown!!" in that excited manner he's very good at. Kudos to Johnson, as White announcers wouldn't have said anything about his speed, or they would have blamed the long gain on a defensive breakdown. The rarity with which Swope's obvious speed was acknowledged during games added to the low expectations of how he would run at the Combine, and the same is true for all White athletes other than obvious super-burners like a Tim Dwight or Don Beebe.

Last edited:

dwid

Hall of Famer
Joe Martinek, 6 foot 224 pounds timed in the 4.4 range some had him at 4.5 even (26 reps), the vertical jump (32.5”), the broad jump (9’8”), the 20-yard shuttle (4.09), the 3-cone drill (6.68) and the 60-yard shuttle (11.34)

This is who he blocked for his senior year'
Jawan Jamison

5076 207 pounds 4.64 40, 4.52 shuttle, 7.28 3 cone drill, horrible times
, he didn't participate in the other drills, mainly the shuttle and the 3 cone, but the fact that they had a bigger faster guy in the 40 plus those drills is just absurd.

Ridiculous, and Jamison is still seen as a mid round guy as of right now.

and don't forget Martinek was originally playing at like 215 or something the year he put up 1k from scrimmage if I recall correctly, so he added close to 10 pounds and still ran those times.

Westside

Hall of Famer
In the two other highlight reels of Swope I've seen (one of them is found on post 26 of the Swope thread), the first play shown is a touchdown catch against Oklahoma. As Swope breaks into the clear and heads for the endzone you hear Gus Johnson exclaim, "Swope, with speed, Swope, touchdown!!" in that excited manner he's very good at. Kudos to Johnson, as White announcers wouldn't have said anything about his speed, or they would have blamed the long gain on a defensive breakdown. The rarity with which Swope's obvious speed was acknowledged during games added to the low expectations of how he would run at the Combine, and the same is true for all White athletes other than obvious super-burners like a Tim Dwight or Don Beebe.
Gus Johnson in my opinion is one of the premier young sportscasters in America. He speaks proper English, is knowledgeable and into what ever sport he is calling(great at calling boxing). and Most importantly calls it like is. He never utters castespeak or with a slight of tongue disparges Whites athelets.

When calling fights between blacks, hispanics and Whites he calls the real fight happening. Who ever wins he gives full credit. Yes, kudos to Johnson and Swoop thus far.

Joe Martinek, 6 foot 224 pounds timed in the 4.4 range some had him at 4.5 even (26 reps), the vertical jump (32.5â€￾), the broad jump (9’8â€￾), the 20-yard shuttle (4.09), the 3-cone drill (6.68) and the 60-yard shuttle (11.34)

Jawan Jamison

, he didn't participate in the other drills, mainly the shuttle and the 3 cone, but the fact that they had a bigger faster guy in the 40 plus those drills is just absurd.

and don't forget Martinek was originally playing at like 215 or something the year he put up 1k from scrimmage if I recall correctly, so he added close to 10 pounds and still ran those times.

Excellent post......thank you for this post I had no idea he was going to do this year's combine... I think he was on the giants practice squad last year... I followed him at Rutgers
where he got a raw deal... This kid can play.............................

The only reason Joe Martinek is not an NFL football player is because he is White....

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Big Ten first-teamer Jordan Kovacs posted great numbers at Michigan's Pro Day.

40 time: 4.58
Three-cone drill: 6.62
Shuttle: 4.19
Broad jump: Kovacs 10'2"
Vertical jump: Kovacs 35"

At the combine, that 40 time would have been 10th amongst safeties. That shuttle drill would have placed 9th, and the cone drill time would rank 3rd.

Of course, Kovacs still projects as an undrafted free agent with a ceiling of special teams contributor.

I defended Kovacs for years from caste like comments by Michigan fans. But Kovacs deserves whatever poor treatment he gets from the NFL. I grew tired of his constant running down of his own athleticism, and his self disparaging remarks at the post season football banquet were particularly distasteful.

It's one thing to know your place as a White football player and modify your behavior but Kovacs carried it to far. I don't understand why the White football player feels it's necessary to constantly run themselves down. I can't even understand how it happens. I remember the best football guys when I played were all arrogant pricks. And it makes sense. When you are a good player it means you are probably a high testosterone guy and that means you are naturally aggressive.

It's okay for the Qb prospects to be aw-shucks boy scouts, they practice with a sissy red jersey anyway. But for a safety?? Don't you think the NFL would rather have a guy that gets pissed when bad things are said about him, then one that is always going on about how undeserving they are? This is the NFL! they hire guys specifically because they are criminally, pathologically, orientated. Who among the GM's and coaches wants someone that runs himself down all of the time?

You're going to war with these guys and you want them to have an unreal sense of self worth. That quality is plentiful amongst blacks so the White guys that want to compete are going to have to have that same attitude too. It seems to me that White players back in the day were bad attitude kick-ass players that didn't take sh*t from anybody and would not have put up with people demeaning their abilities.

Kovacs was a good and skilled player. But I'm sure the NFL scouts would write him off right away merely because of his attitude.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I defended Kovacs for years from caste like comments by Michigan fans. But Kovacs deserves whatever poor treatment he gets from the NFL. I grew tired of his constant running down of his own athleticism, and his self disparaging remarks at the post season football banquet were particularly distasteful.

It's one thing to know your place as a White football player and modify your behavior but Kovacs carried it to far. I don't understand why the White football player feels it's necessary to constantly run themselves down. I can't even understand how it happens. I remember the best football guys when I played were all arrogant pricks. And it makes sense. When you are a good player it means you are probably a high testosterone guy and that means you are naturally aggressive.

It's okay for the Qb prospects to be aw-shucks boy scouts, they practice with a sissy red jersey anyway. But for a safety?? Don't you think the NFL would rather have a guy that gets pissed when bad things are said about him, then one that is always going on about how undeserving they are? This is the NFL! they hire guys specifically because they are criminally, pathologically, orientated. Who among the GM's and coaches wants someone that runs himself down all of the time?

You're going to war with these guys and you want them to have an unreal sense of self worth. That quality is plentiful amongst blacks so the White guys that want to compete are going to have to have that same attitude too. It seems to me that White players back in the day were bad attitude kick-ass players that didn't take sh*t from anybody and would not have put up with people demeaning their abilities.

Kovacs was a good and skilled player. But I'm sure the NFL scouts would write him off right away merely because of his attitude.

:clap2: Common sense, self-worth, and individual and group interest are all but extinct among American Whites. We're down to a remnant keeping alive the basic wisdom that virtually all of our people knew and cherished down through the generations, and which all races and tribes know and pass on to their offspring unless they want to become extinct, which is what a sickening proportion of American Whites genuinely desire. Kovacs likely won't be drafted, and it will be easy to cut him as a free agent or late draft pick. He'll heartily agree with what the head coach on whatever team he signs with says about his negatives as he's pointed toward the nearest exit.

seattlefan

Guru
Joe Martinek, 6 foot 224 pounds timed in the 4.4 range some had him at 4.5 even (26 reps), the vertical jump (32.5â€￾), the broad jump (9’8â€￾), the 20-yard shuttle (4.09), the 3-cone drill (6.68) and the 60-yard shuttle (11.34)

Jawan Jamison

Martinek was replaced by several tiny, slow, black freshmen RBs in 2010 when he was forced into a fullback role by wigger Schiano. Both the blacks were slow and small and never put up the kind of performances that he did. Funny to see that Jamison ran such slow times.

Phall

Master
I don't disagree about the disappointment with Kovacs' attitude or his likely career flatline. I would just qualify that criticism by saying their isn't much leeway for a white walk-on safety to get mouthy with his coaches and teammates. I'm sure the negative stereotype of the white DB is something Kovacs encountered well before college, so it's a tall order to ask that he suddenly wake up and rebel against the caste system. If he flounders out of NFL training camp, he'll have his degree and network to fall back on. But if he slips up with one single impolitic soundbyte, he risks flushing that all away, and let's not pretend that any NFL GM is going to rate that as a positive.

The days of the Larry Bird brand of trash talk are over; that stuff would not even fly these days despite being wholly self-deprecating and virulently anti-white. It's easy to say we'd act differently in this guy's shoes. But blaming Kovacs specifically for this reaction is to diagnose white suicide rather than genocide.

To call what's happening "suicide" flies in the face of the reality that many Whites are either ignorant of what's happening or continue to labor under the "non-discrimination" deception, and that others are subjected to punishment for speaking out in opposition. When a group of people is deliberately guided toward extinction by deception and coercion that's genocide, not suicide.

Here's an interesting blurb about whites having a much lower disposition against being personally offended. Like all scientific inquiries into racial distinctions, this concept will remain unexplored until it's completely forgotten.

“Humor Researcher and psychologist Martin Fuhr from Aalborg University have studied how sensitive the Danes is for others scorn. He has done so by measuring a particular social phobia, called gelotofobi, which means that they fear others’ ridicule and consider it humiliating. According to Martin Fuhrer study is 1.67 percent of Danes gelotofobe to a slight degree. In comparison, between 11 and 13 percent of British, Germans and Spaniards gelotofobe and in Asia and the Middle East is the figure as high as one in six and one third of citizens. So Denmark is one of the nations of the world which are least gelotofobisk.â€￾

I can't subscribe in good conscience to the suggestion that whites behave more like the archetype ornery black athlete. That idea could never even earn consideration until professional sport became inundated with blacks and their commonplace atrocious behavior. This is not the standard to encourage to young players of any color. The system is not broken because of humble, deferring white athletes, and I have no problem giving Kovacs a pass. It's just a sad symptom of the epidemic.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's unfair to single Kovacs out when so many White athletes and Whites in general have the same attitude. I certainly don't want to see him be a trash talker or wigger, but more like somebody like J. J. Watt, who has a certain dignity and swagger about him without being excessively arrogant. Whites need to have a confident attitude without descending into classlessness like so many blacks and the whites that ape them.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
In no way did I mean that Kovacs should have become a trash talking bragger. Not at all. There is a whole world of difference between not liking being demeaned and welcoming it, to the point of being the one that brings it up all of the time.

If someone had said to him: "you're not the best athlete out there" he could have responded something like: "I lead the league in tackles, I guess that's being a good enough athlete".

An elite athlete that is successful should not have scorn heaped upon him by others, especially in the media, who bring up some subjective crap they have no idea about really, and that flies in the face of actual achievement. Kovacs combine numbers show that he is in fact fast. So he IS a good athlete. And his achievements on the field bolstered that. But it all gets negated because reporters see a White kid, the White kid, surrenders to their racial perception of him and there you have it. Kovacs is considered a low athletic achiever and his poor opion of himself bolsters that he is not a strong person mentally.

I also disagree that a bad attitude would have hurt his chances. That is true for QB's and other high profile guys but I wager the better White defensive players in the league are basically a-holes. I believe they would have to be to be successful in that environment. Scouts are going to look and listen to Kovacs and think "no way is that guy going to survive in an NFL locker room". And they are right.

He needs to move on to his post football career with that expensive UM degree and tell stories about how the un-athletic white boy fooled everybody into playing for four years as the leading tackler and being All-Big Ten. And then he can make another donation to the Michigan fund for Minority outreach and support them when they file another anti-White petition to the Supreme Court. Because that is what good polite white boys do.