2013 NFL Combine

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like five White receivers have been invited by my count -- Brandon Kaufman, T. J. Moe, Conner Vernon, Ryan Swope and Ryan Spadola of Lehigh. Don't know anything about Spadola -- has he been mentioned at all here?

Line and Burkhead got invites. The list I looked at is alphabetical rather than by position so I haven't sorted through all the positions to do a head count of the number of gritty overachievers with non-stop motors invited for each.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d6J1b?...&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl-draft

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Don - I will help you out with this:

Combine Breakdown by position is below. No real headway made at any position except maybe TE. O-Line is a mixed bag - tons of no name sumos will be sure to get drafted. Defense is absolutely pathetic but that is the norm year in/year out.

QB 12/16
Matt Barkley
Tyler Bray
Colby Cameron
Zac Dysert
Mike Glennon
Landry Jones
Collin Klein
Ryan Nassib
Sean Renfree
Brad Sorensen
James Vandenberg
Tyler Wilson

RB/FB 4/29
Tommy Bohannon
Zach Boren
Rex Burkhead
Zach Line

WR 5/38
Brandon Kaufman
T.J. Moe
Ryan Spadola
Ryan Swope
Conner Vernon

TE 10/19
Tyler Eifert
Zach Ertz
Matt Furstenberg
Nick Kasa
Travis Kelce
Philip Lutzenkrichen
Vance McDonald
Ryan Otten
Chris Pantale
Jake Stoneburner
**Not sure if Fauria is some sort of poly mix

OL 27/58
Jeff Baca (OG)
Braden Brown (OT)
Braxston Cave (C)
Emmett Cleary (OT)
Jordan Devy (OT)
Eric Fischer (OT)
Reid Fragel (OT)
Travis Frederick (C)
Garret Gilkey (OT)
Tanner Hawkinson (OT)
Eric Herman (OG)
Luke Joeckel (OT)
Lane Johnson (OT)
T.J. Johnson (C)
Barret Jones (OG)
PJ Lonergan (C)
Kyle Long (OG)
Joe Madsen (C)
Luke Marquardt (OT)
Justin Pugh (OT)
David Quessenberry (OT)
Brian Schwenke (C)
Matt Stankiewitch (C)
J.C. Tretter (OT)
Ricky Wagner (OT)
John Wetzel (OT)
Brian Winters (OG)

DL 7/54
Margus Hunt (DE)
Chris Jones (DT)
Joe Kruger (DE)
John Simon (DE)
Jared Smith (DT)
Bjoern Werner (DE)
Nate Williams (DE)

LB 7/35
Kiko Alonso
AJ Klein
Jake Knott
Mike Mauti
Mike Taylor
Chase Thomas
Tom Wort

S 2/25
John Boyett
Zeke Motta

CB - didn't even bother checking

referendum

Mentor
I'm most disappointed with the amount of linebackers. There have been so many good white linebackers over the last few years that you'd think we could get better than 7 out of the 35. Tight end is looking very good this year when you factor in the likelihood that 4 of the first 5 taken will probably be white.

referendum

Mentor
Looks like 74 whites this years total vs 66 last year. Nice work on the compilations Leonardfan.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Thanks Referendum. Nice work with getting last year's numbers as comparison. It really does not seem to fluctuate much.

I am sure per usual the number getting drafted will also be between 50-60 players.

The biggest snub was Cooper Taylor - I think they were afraid he was going to blow up the combine with his size/speed numbers. He could potentially be the prototype hybrid safety teams want to have to cover the re-emerging TE position but since he is white he does not fit the agenda on what an athletic safety should be - especially one that has a chance to impact the game. Maybe I am crazy...lol sorry for the rant.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Thanks Referendum. Nice work with getting last year's numbers as comparison. It really does not seem to fluctuate much.

I am sure per usual the number getting drafted will also be between 50-60 players.

The biggest snub was Cooper Taylor - I think they were afraid he was going to blow up the combine with his size/speed numbers. He could potentially be the prototype hybrid safety teams want to have to cover the re-emerging TE position but since he is white he does not fit the agenda on what an athletic safety should be - especially one that has a chance to impact the game. Maybe I am crazy...lol sorry for the rant.
A projected H-Back type of player wasn't invited ( Kyle Juszcyk). Maybe because he plays in the Ivy League, but he looked like a full level better than the competition at that level of football. He is also rated highly on various draft boards.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
LeonardFan, UCLA TE Joe Fauria looks White (Italian?) to me...

elementalfootball-ARC.jpg

1115479.jpg

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Kind of off topic but Gil Brandt is a huge castewhore and race traitor. Just connecting the dots of his career in the NFL and reading some of his work - he was an NFL personnel man during the paradigm shift in regards to race in the NFL and seems to constantly tout blacks over whites. He was the VP for the Cowboys from 1960-1988 so he basically came in when the league was still fairly white and left it in the very black late 80s. He could of spoke up about the system being put into place in the late 70s but instead he just decided to stay in that familiar comfortable place. Just felt like sharing that.

TwentyTwo

Master
Thanks for consolidating the list LeornardFan

Some Mock Drafts have Joeckel going #1 & Werner #2

Eric Fisher, Margus Hunt, Kiko Alonso, Lane Johnson are as "Athletic" as anybody in the 2013 Draft!

Of course the Defense is way under-represented! AGAIN!
Stinks Cooper Taylor did not get invited...still he should be drafted...last year Matt Johnson was forgotten; yet still drafted in 4th Rd by Cowboys
Zeke Motta should be gone by Round 3...
John Boyett who i compare to Bob Sanders/they compare to Jim Leonhard...could have gone early...will probably slide a few rounds with injury.

Would think a few of these DB's could be taken after Round 5?? Brendan Bishop? Cody Davis really stepped up his game this past season. Drew Frey...a poor-man's JonMcGraw has had injury issues; Can you rule ever out underdog Jordan Kovacs? Luke Ruff could at least land on the 53-roster as a WSTD...

How is Ryan Swope not ranked as a Top 10 WR in this Class?? Think i know the answer...and wrongfully compared to thinner Jordan Shipley...Connor Vernon is the sleeper (going to make some team really happy) HOW is the ACC's All Time Leading Reciever a "Sleeper" again??Brandon Kaufman is compared to Brian Finneran(maybe part-true)..but think Kaufman is more of a game breaker! T.J. Moe is tough as nails...will be a nice pick with his sneaky speed...not familiar with Ryan Spadola...Mike Shanahan could go late??Luke Tasker, Zach Rogers, Tyler Stockemer, Sam McGuffie(Percy Harvin-type role) and Joe Glendling should all be in Training Camps! Maybe Mitch Burroughs?? If not should land in CFL...

NFL.com compares Rex Burkhead to Mewelde Moore...it should be interesting to see which team picks him & what round??? Of course Zach Line is compared to Brian Leonard...how about Eric Breitenstein?? This years Nate Euchus?? Forgotten in Indy..but lands a 53-roster spot??

Tyler Wilson could be the Top QB in this class when all is said and done!

Nice TE Class....Zach Ertz, Tyler Eifert, & Travis Kelce has good speed at 6'-6" 260

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an update on Rex Burkhead. He needs an excellent Combine otherwise he'll be confined to being a "fullback" or at best a third down back.

The article has to mention that "Burkhead knows one of the questions on him might be his athleticism, but said: 'I really think I can probably surprise some people there'.â€￾ Ingrained racism of course and so easy to see if every article on a black quarterback mentioned that "Latrell knows one of the questions on him might be his intelligence." . . .

Burkhead feels good about his NFL prep work

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130220/HUSKERS/702209866/1002

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Here's an update on Rex Burkhead. He needs an excellent Combine otherwise he'll be confined to being a "fullback" or at best a third down back.

The article has to mention that "Burkhead knows one of the questions on him might be his athleticism, but said: 'I really think I can probably surprise some people there'.â€￾ Ingrained racism of course and so easy to see if every article on a black quarterback mentioned that "Latrell knows one of the questions on him might be his intelligence." . . .

Burkhead feels good about his NFL prep work

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130220/HUSKERS/702209866/1002

Whichever team drafts him, I hope Toby Gerhart gives him a call with a little friendly advice and warns him about the distinct possibility of his own teammates trying to take his head off in training camp.

TwentyTwo

Master
Athletic enough?? LOL! Rex Burkhead is only 5'-11" and can not only dunk...but throw it down according to his college coach; who admitted his athleticism was questioned bec of his skin color. Much respect to him for bringing it up!

210 at Fullback?? No way! Can't wait to see which team takes him...hopefully his knee checks out...i'm sure a few of the ingrained craniums will reccommend the appropriated Slot Reciever tough...this dude is a TAILBACK! Not even close to Gerhart & Leonard at 230 & Hillis 245...

Burkhead's New Year's Day Bowl performance rushing for 140 yards (24 carries) 1 TD & 4 receptions for 39 yards 1 TD vs SEC Defense Georgia; where scouts drool over half their defense being Top-tier NFL picks in the upcoming draft....IS PROOF ENOUGH! He showed nice burst & good vision The little dwf's can crawl back in their shell! Move along...nothing to see here!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Banks could have written the same article back in 1999. In fact maybe it is the same article, except he substituted the names Newton, Griffin and Kaepernick for McNabb, Culpepper and McNair.

What these Cultural Marxist shills never want to admit is that every NFL quarterback who wants to be more than a flash in the pan has to learn to be a pocket passer. Look at what happened to Griffin already. Is the 260 pound Newton going to be a "read-option" QB when he's 30?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The DWF's and media is already coming down on Zach Ertz. Why? His arm length isn't up to par with NFL standards. Ridiculous.

Also, check out what Walterfootball has to say about Ryan Swope.

Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
down2.gif

Ryan Swope had some of the smallest hands at the Combine; they were measured at just 8 1/2 inches. I already had Swope in the fourth round of my 2013 NFL Mock Draft, so I probably won't be moving him into Day 2 anytime soon.

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The DWF's and media is already coming down on Zach Ertz. Why? His arm length isn't up to par with NFL standards. Ridiculous.

Also, check out what Walterfootball has to say about Ryan Swope.

Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
down2.gif

Ryan Swope had some of the smallest hands at the Combine; they were measured at just 8 1/2 inches. I already had Swope in the fourth round of my 2013 NFL Mock Draft, so I probably won't be moving him into Day 2 anytime soon.

It's ok numbers don't lie! The best thing that can happen is for our guys to continue to defy the odds and put up good numbers and make these writers eat crow. Offensive line and Tight ends had a nice showing in bench!

Offensive Tackles

Offensive Guards

Centers

Tight Ends

*According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL, Jefferson's low total may have been due to an injury suffered while lifting. Jefferson was being seen at a local hospital with a possible torn pectoral.(Truth is the former QB Jefferson was never any good )

*Braden Brown BYU 26 reps
Emmet Cleary BC 24 reps
Travis Frederick Wis 21 reps
Joe Madsen WVU 25 reps
John Wetzel BC 22

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Tyler Eifert, Vance McDonald, Matt Furstenburg and Jake Stoneburner have had impressive combines. Gavin Escobar and Zach Ertz to a lesser extent.

TE is very White and very deep this year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The combine are essentially the caste olympics - they boost up no name blacks to overtake more deserving white players. When white players perform well their performances are often overlooked or not discussed.

When you look at positions that their is a decent sample size to look at like OL/TE one can see that white's are just as IF not more athletic than the blacks that get propped up every year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Brandon Kaufman ran a 4.53 at 6'5 216 and was dominant at Eastern Washington. He should be a 2nd/3rd pick in a perfect world.

TJ Moe threw up 26 reps in the bench - can't wait to see him run.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Collin Klein ran a 4.78. I thought he was faster than that.

Also what is this nonsense with two guys running 4.25's already. Those numbers don't look credible. Let's see if they get bumped up.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Collin Klein ran a 4.78. I thought he was faster than that.

Also what is this nonsense with two guys running 4.25's already. Those numbers don't look credible. Let's see if they get bumped up.

Both those guys will predictably get overdrafted. Happens every year. I have followed the draft for the last 10 years and year after year the same patterns always show themselves. Makes me wonder if these so called personnel men really know what they are doing.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Spadola ran a 4.44 and 4.41 40 - I wonder if that helps him out.

TJ Moe ran a 4.69 and 4.75- he is built like an RB

Swope ran a 4.44 and a 4.38

Verbon ran a 4.59 and 4.47

Last edited: