2013 College Football Season Week 7

seattlefan

Guru
Cornerback play in college football has fallen to an abysmal level. There's not a single one of them who can cover any receiver on any play.
Any team that focuses their offense on a "running attack" is just stupid.

A lot of the reason that football is a passing sport these days is because of atrocious black DBs, not just rule changes.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
This Wisconsin squad might go down as my all time favorite team. White guys all over the field making plays. Borland and Allen highlight one of the whitest d unit in years!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Franklin did not play well today and was injured as well. I would not worry about him at all.

Agreed He looks decent at times and has been injury prone throughout his career. It also helps the receiving corps he has those guys are big time playmakers.

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
Agreed He looks decent at times and has been injury prone throughout his career. It also helps the receiving corps he has those guys are big time playmakers.
Looks like Franklin is out for at least 6 weeks. Maty Mauk will start in his place. I don't know much about Mauk as a thrower other than the fact he has a quick release, but I do know he is a very athletic runner.

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
Clemson narrowly defeats Boston College. Alex Amidon 6r 122yds 1 TD, 2c 12 yds. Adam Humphries of Clemson 9r 81yds. Announcers state college gameday will be in Clemson next week hyping up Jameis Winston vs. Tajh Boyd. Disgusting.

northwinds

Mentor
Clemson narrowly defeats Boston College. Alex Amidon 6r 122yds 1 TD, 2c 12 yds. Adam Humphries of Clemson 9r 81yds. Announcers state college gameday will be in Clemson next week hyping up Jameis Winston vs. Tajh Boyd. Disgusting.

How the heck did Clempsome come back and win that game.......I thought BC had it in the bag.........next weeks FSU/ Clempsome game will be unwatchable with the black quarterback hype....

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
How the heck did Clempsome come back and win that game.......I thought BC had it in the bag.........next weeks FSU/ Clempsome game will be unwatchable with the black quarterback hype....
Terrible play calling by Boston College and poor protection for Rettig.

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
Penn State has the change to upset Michigan. Gardner is imploding. Can't believe he was ever considered a decent, let alone elite QB.

Riddlewire

Master
Belton is completely devoid of value. A waste of a scholarship. Slow, stiff, weak, stupid.
Are you telling me they couldn't find one talented white runningback in Pennsylvania to give a scholarship to? I could spend ten minutes on MaxPreps and Pennlive and find two or three players who could outperform Belton.

Riddlewire

Master
Brett Smith had a great day for Wyoming.
19 of 32, 247 yards 1TD
15 carries 140 yards 2TD

northwinds

Mentor
Enjoying watching Penn State's true freshman QB Hackenberg........also their "snow patrol" defense.......going to overtime knotted at 34 each

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Just saw the Penn State Kicker miss his second field goal of the game. Michigan will probably stay undefeated. Boo!!

Stanford is down by two scores in the 4th quarter against Utah. This is shocking. I really like Stanford.

Byu is whopping Georgia Tech by 11 at half time right now. Go BYU Cougars!

Happy Edit ************** Michigan had their field goal blocked. Double OT. Go Penn State!!

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
And benching Zwinak for fumbling earlier in the game ends up with Belton fumbling n 3OT to lose the game. Incredible.

northwinds

Mentor
Penn State RB Zwick violates the "white RB one fumble rule" and is not allowed back on the field......Penn States reward is a black receiver running an end around in the third overtime......and fumblng in the third overtime to almost give the game away.......but then the Michigan kicker misses the 33 yard field goal......4th OT

dwid

Hall of Famer
Johnny Football leaves the field grabbing his left knee..........

and the announcers for the Penn St game seemed filled with joy when they got to announce this...Nobody was touching him. Its probably that same thing that bothered him last year, he just wore a brace and continued to excel.

Belton does something right after given tons of chances. Looks like a 3rd stringer on an FCS squad, not even built like a runningback.

At least Penn St loses. It kept coming down to how many times Gardner could mess things up and good special teams play, blocking two? kicks I believe.

I am shocked to learn that Michigan was undefeated before this. Who were they playing? MAC and FCS teams?

I think Johnny just has has a sore knee, many people have imbalances that need fixing causing more weight to be on one leg than the other, most people its the left. Its probably sore from that. Thats how it started with me, before tears. He needs to get it checked out for real and be careful. Back in the game with a brace.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Millens gushing about Belton. But I am happy Penn st won

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Johnny Football leaves the field grabbing his left knee..........

Worst news ever if it's serious. Why? Le'ts hope it's minor.

Penn State pulls the upset in the 4th overtime. My only complaint is that Zwiniak seems to have been replaced.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Stanford loses. Very bummed about this result. They had a chance to play for the national championship if they ran the table. Tyler Gaffney had 108 yards rushing.

Bigger news. Johnny "Football" is back in the game. I hope his knee holds up. I think he twisted it akwardly. Go Aggies.

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
and the announcers for the Penn St game seemed filled with joy when they got to announce this...Nobody was touching him. Its probably that same thing that bothered him last year, he just wore a brace and continued to excel.

Belton does something right after given tons of chances. Looks like a 3rd stringer on an FCS squad, not even built like a runningback.

At least Penn St loses. It kept coming down to how many times Gardner could mess things up and good special teams play, blocking two? kicks I believe.

I am shocked to learn that Michigan was undefeated before this. Who were they playing? MAC and FCS teams?

I think Johnny just has has a sore knee, many people have imbalances that need fixing causing more weight to be on one leg than the other, most people its the left. Its probably sore from that. Thats how it started with me, before tears. He needs to get it checked out for real and be careful.
They barely squeaked by awful UCONN and Akron teams before this. Of course ESPN carefully ignored it.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Well, there goes Zwinak's job tonight. The announcers were gushing over how "explosive" Belton looked and how he added a "new dimension" to the Penn State offense. How does this explosive talent do? 27 carries for 85 yards and a TD, good for a 3.1 average. Zwinak averaged 3 yards per carry tonight, but I guess Belton has that burst and hip swivel. :dodgy:

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
Belton is a joke. Other than the running back ordeal this year, PSU might become one of our teams to root for. They grabbed some white recruits last year that will have major impacts in the coming years (including a cornerback) and look to get some more this year. I think they'll be around a half white team in the coming years.