2013 College Football Season Week 5

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
I thought Florida might be starting 22 blacks as well, but a scan of their depth chart against Kentucky shows RT Tyler Moore started yesterday for the Gators. So 21/22, still good for the absolute worst team in the country along with Mississippi State. How will anybody be able to watch Florida vs. Miss. State?

On a side note, thanks for the commentary here last night, guys. Sounds like some nice performances by our guys, especially Abbrederris!

Stanford was awesome to watch last night! They simply destroyed Washington State. As Vanilla said, Gaffney and Cajuste both had some nice games. Stanford also has some great white talent on defense: Josh Mauro, Ben Gardener, Trent Murphy, Kevin Anderson, Blake Lueders, to name a few of them. On top of that, they have a great QB in Kevin Hogan!
Miss St. has been starting Ben Beckwith on the oline as well, meaning they have 2 consistent starters. Their mixed QB is of very light complexion so he might be viewed as white in DWF eyes. Hopefully Florida starts Kyle Koehne again like they did earlier this season. True freshman DT Joey Ivie might also make an impact due to an injury to the starter.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Abbrederis was clearly the best player on the field (well, a case could be made that Borland was, too).

the affletes of OSU simply couldn't cover him. it was so bad that one of the commentators (Herbstreit?) repeatedly pointed out that (i'm paraphrasing) the Buckeye defensive backs had been grabbing his jersey, holding him, and literally doing anything they could to try and slow him down and HOPING the referees didn't throw a flag.

as it turned out, possibly the best receiver in the country ended the game with 10 catches for 207 yards and 1 touchdown despite the entire secondary knowing the Badgers had no other receiving threats AND breaking the rules. he also drew numerous (albeit not as many as should have been called) penalties for holding and pass interference.

i think the name "Abbrederis" is translated from the Latin as "I'm a BAD ASS."

He did this all against Roby who the media had been hyping up a 1st round pickat corner lol. I'm assuming after last nights game Roby's stock will fall,while Abby's will rise. Only makes sense right?

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Stanford was awesome to watch last night! They simply destroyed Washington State. As Vanilla said, Gaffney and Cajuste both had some nice games. Stanford also has some great white talent on defense: Josh Mauro, Ben Gardener, Trent Murphy, Kevin Anderson, Blake Lueders, to name a few of them. On top of that, they have a great QB in Kevin Hogan!

Yes, I watched Stanford last night and loved it! And I thought, Stanford always has quality white players (and always has). Why don't other teams (like Cal for example) learn from them?!

dwid

Hall of Famer
Yes, I watched Stanford lnight and loved it! And I thought, Stanford always has quality white players (and always has). Why don't other teams (like Cal for example) learn from them?!
Stanford, like Northwestern, have higher academic standards. I have little faith in these coaches, although the Northwestern coach deserves some respect, he has stayed, not using them as a stepping stool With Stanford, i feel if they could get more affletes, they would. They still refuse to play White corners, and that has been their weakness, trying to find black guys smart enough with the athleticism to play corner, and I remember with Gerhart, they ran him on a lot of plays designed to get a few yards (hed wind up getting at least 10) to play ball control offense to keep the d off the field. The Stanford ND game with him was good example. The corners just held and got pi every play with Jimmy Clausen. Its 15 yards in college, better than getting burnt for 70 on one play. Last few years the plan has to been to have a great front 7 so little time for the black secondary to have to cover.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
BYU's defense is superb (and that's perhaps not a strong enough description), but dynamic running quarterback Taysom Hill is really hurting them with his dreadfully inaccurate passing. he's missed the explosively athletic 6-foot-6 wideout Mitch Mathews (who has HUGE hands and a 37-inch vertical) twice on this possession alone, and badly. one awful miss would've been a first down, the other would've been a touchdown (where Matthews had literally left double coverage twisted into and splayed upon the ground).

Hill has only thrown two touchdown passes on the year (to four interceptions), the second coming tonight on a 30-yard pass to the wide-open-yet-again Mathews.

as electric as Hill is in the running game, it is essential that he improve his poor passing if BYU wants to be a consistently effective offense.

Mathews has 2 catches for 58 yards and 1 touchdown at the half, and BYU leads 17-7.

on the other side of the ball, Utah State has a phenomenal prospect in sophomore linebacker Kyler Fackrell. expect to hear his name called early in the NFL Draft in a year or two. this kid is BAD ASS.

wideout Travis Van Leeuwen has been the only Aggie who has been able to get open against the Whiteout coverage of BYU. he has 3 catches in the first half but for only 21 yards. he does have a touchdown catch, however.

Nevada tailback/kick returner Kendall Brock has a first-quarter touchdown run against San Diego State.

Last edited:

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Taysom Hill should be a runningback. He actually reminds me of Eric Dickerson as a runner, but he is not a good thrower.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Mitch Mathews is absolutely abusing the Utah State cornerbacks. and now the oft-off-target Hill throws a catchable ball to Mathews who was running a fade route in the end zone ... result? score!

but even that throw was low and allowed the defensive back to have a chance to make a play on it. why not throw it high to the taller, better-leaping wideout? bah! but at least they connected.

it's Mathews' second touchdown on the night, and on the year.

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Taysom Hill should be a runningback. He actually reminds me of Eric Dickerson as a runner, but he is not a good thrower.

i don't know much about Dickerson's running style, but Hill certainly has the goods when it comes to running with a football. he has power, speed, and uncannily smooth wiggle to make guys miss in the open field. apparently he didn't get the memo that White men have tight hips.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
hahaha!!! Mathews just DESTROYED the midget affletic corner. awesome!

the announcers said it was busted coverage, but on the replay they acknowledged that it was straight man-to-man. and it quickly became obvious (thanks replay booth!) that the only thing busted (and busted up) was the corner who tried to bump-and-run with Mathews, who bumped right back and ran past the now-sprawled-on-the-ground db.

Mitch was so open he was standing still when Hill saw him, and he jogged into the end zone for a 43-yard touchdown. his third of the night! woot!

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Nevada's Kendall Brock has a shot at a 100-yard rushing night against SDSU. he's got 44 yards (on 11 carries) and a touchdown at the half.

also in the game, White wideout (and former walk-on, of course) Dylan Denso has a touchdown catch for the Aztecs.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
BEAUTIFUL route by Utah State's Travis Van Leeuwen. he left BYU's black corner grasping for air on the slant-and-go, but the Aggies back-up qb missed him for a likely touchdown.

and on the next play, the negro running back fumbles (he was untouched) the pitch and turns the ball over. Utah State is falling apart.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Brock has started off the 2nd half on a tear! three plays, three consecutive carries: 11 yards, 6 yards, and 15 yards.

here's hoping he keeps it up and earns his second career 100-yard game.

edited to add: SDSU linebacker Derek Largent quickly put a stop to the drive, sacking Cody Fajardo and forcing a fumble.

only the hustle and speed of Nevada o-lineman Joel Bitonio stopped a sure touchdown, as he ran down black linebacker Josh Gavert.

edited again to add: Nevada's exciting dual-threat quarterback Cody Fajardo is really hurting his team tonight. he just fumbled again, giving SDSU yet another VERY short field. and they promptly take advantage. he's fumbled on two possessions in a row and the Aztecs have scored two quick, easy touchdowns as a result. what was a very close game is now in danger of becoming a rout, just midway through the third quarter.

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
a long drive by Nevada ends in a 4-yard scoring run by Brock, his second of the night. he's currently sitting at 84 yards rushing and 2 touchdowns on 20 carries, with 4:33 left in the third.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
SDSU junior tight end Adam Roberts is having a big game. he's currently sitting at 3 catches for 68 yards.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Kendall Brock goes over the 100-yard mark on this 3rd touchdown run of the night. well done!

he currently has 22 carries for 101 yards and 3 scores. it's Brock's second career 100-yard game, and his first-ever 3 score performance.

there's almost 13 minutes left in the game, with Nevada down 30-44, so he has a shot at putting up even bigger numbers.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Fajardo has really upped his game since those fumbles. he's playing lights out at the moment. Nevada is within a touchdown with 6:26 left. it's been an entertaining game.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
wow! a masterful drive by Fajardo after Nevada's defense holds on 4th down. from three touchdowns down in the 4th quarter, now the game is tied with 1:38 left.

Fajardo has a new career-high in passing yardage, and Brock has played great, both running and in pass protection. but Nevada's defense has been completely unable to stop the run (two SDSU backs over 100 yards).

it's been a very fun game to watch, and it's not over yet.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
well, SDSU wins in overtime. that was worth staying up late to watch. Nevada's porous defense finally cost them, as Fajardo couldn't lead his Wolfpack from behind yet again.

i find it curious that Nevada only gave Brock one touch in the overtime, but it was certainly a fun game to watch. Brock finished the game with 107 yards and 3 touchdowns on 24 carries. Fajardo threw for 393 yards (33 of 52) and 2 touchdowns.

for SDSU, Roberts had 4 catches for 80 yards.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
end of the first quarter, and Alex Amidon already has 80 yards receiving on just 2 catches for Boston College. 3rd down back David Dudeck has a touchdown catch, as well.

Alex Neutz has a game-high 47 yards receiving on 2 catches at the half for Buffalo. he also had what appeared to be a toe-dragging touchdown catch dis-allowed and ruled out of bounds at the end of the half. it would've been a beautiful highlight reel grab.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Iowa falling behind against Michigan State. Hope they can mount a comeback as they seem almost as white as Wisconsin and a win should put them in the top 25.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Why do I know they are going to start hyping that goofy black quarterback from Florida State for the Heisman?

dwid

Hall of Famer
Why do I know they are going to start hyping that goofy black quarterback from Florida State for the Heisman?

my gut is telling me they are going to hype the black quarterback from UCLA. Last game he threw for a td, ran for a td, caught a td and punted. Wow, versatility, which pretty much every White player has. Welker can run for tds, throw for tds if given the chance, of course catch tds, and make field goals, punting would come easy to him.

northwinds

Mentor
Georgia RB Marshall just got injured........Gurley already out with an injury.........hopefully their freshman white RB Brendan Douglas will get some carries today

TwentyTwo

Master
Freshman TB-Douglas makes the nice run on 3rd & 1 & Gary Danielson goes " Douglas gave you a little old school tailback from 35 years ago"...I can't make this stuff up! Then nearly scores from 8 yards out on the next run...