2013-14 NBA Regular Season

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Kevin Love is the man! Hold on. Let me say it again loud and proud. Kevin Love is the man and he is a true m.v.p. candidate. I don't care what anyone in the stupid crooked media says. Some give credit but only about 10% of the publicity he should be getting. Indiana is the best team in the east coast. Indiana has the number one defense in the nba and they did EVERYTHING to try to stop the "Love Machine" but it didn't work. Love is every bit as good as Lebron or Durant but you will never hear the media say that. We know the truth. The guy is a legend at only 25 years of age. Phenomanal basketball player and a great person too. What a monster game against the best team in the east. Love is as good a player as Bird. Yes I said it. I don't care if you guys disagree. I love Larry Bird but put Love on those same Celtic teams and he would have the rings too. He will win some championships. The Twolves just cannot stay healthy. It's crazy to think about their bad luck. Regardless, we have to stay behing these guys. Huge win and another epic perfomance by the main man!

WL, with all due respect sir. I gotta call this one. While Love is the best player in the NBA right now, criminally underrated & on his way to a HOF career...it ain't NO way he's as good (all around) as Bird. While Love has (hopefully) many more seasons to come, the only career stat that he's bested Bird (thus far) is rebounding (12 to 10 (RPG))....& Bird played small forward (at 6'9). Career stat wise...Larry Legend has the clear edge in scoring, assists, steals, FT%, & 3PT% (they're about tied for FG% & BPG). Kevin is a great player, BUT Bird is the greatest to ever play the game (bar none). ;-)

icsept

Master
I agree with Dixie Destroyer, however, Love's game compares favorably with Bird, unlike Nowitzki who is only compared with Bird because he's white. Bird was a great rebounder, like Love. Love's offense is great and he has a great variety of fakes and moves to go with his long range shooting, similar to Bird. Bird was a better pure shooter, but Love has time to improve. Most importantly, Bird's greatest asset was his WINNING, every season at every level. Not to mention all the insane, iconic, clutch plays he made throughout his career. We can only hope Love can be anywhere near as good as Bird.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Dallas beating up on Philadelphia early, 26-12. Dirk 12 points in about 7 minutes of the first quarter! Hasn't missed a shot, 4-4 from the field and 2-2 from the FT line!

Spencer Hawes traded to Cleveland!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Dallas beating up on Philadelphia early, 26-12. Dirk 12 points in about 7 minutes of the first quarter! Hasn't missed a shot, 4-4 from the field and 2-2 from the FT line!

Nowitzki, 6-6, and 3-3, 17 points, 2nd quarter. Would like to see him put up 50!

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Not sure how I feel about him going to Cleveland. I guess it's about the same as being stuck in Philly. I hope they apprectiate him there. Steve Blake was also traded to the Warriors. He will not have to come off the bench as Stephen Currys back up point guard. At least he will have a chance to be on a winning team that has a chance to make a playoff run.

Dirk is playing great and you know what I always say. "Long Live King Dirk Nowitzki".

50 would be great and it is possible. I will settle for 40 though as I don't want to get to greedy. Haha.

I'm suprised the Twolves are off till tommorow. They play sat and sunday. Pekovic is listed as day to day now. They will be without
another center tommorow so Kevin Love might have to start at center or at least play some minutes there.

Dragic and the Suns play later tonight.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The board is quiet tonight. Kevin Love is on his way to a triple double. One more assist to go. This is on the road at Utah. Now just get the win guys. Kevin Love is simply incredible.

icsept

Master
Love got his 1st triple double, 37-12-10. Rubio had 15-6-7 in only 27 minutes. I was hoping he'd get more minutes and go for his own triple double, but the game was in hand and they're on the first night of a back to back.

Out of curiosity, I looked it up and only twice in NBA history (since the stat was recorded) have teammates recorded triple doubles in the same game: Jordan/Pippen and Kidd/ V. Carter.

foobar75

Master
Washed-up scrub and journeyman, the homosexual Jason Collins has signed with the Brooklyn Nets to become the first openly gay player in the NBA. The agenda pushers over at BSPN are covering his press conference live and talking about the "outrageously warm reception he will undoubtedly receive at LA tonight."

If anyone ever thought this whole gay BS was about equality and civil rights, think again. It's about completely submitting to and worshipping the homo agenda and its normalization in society, as traditional norms continue to be destroyed.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I was reading someone's blog the other day, a conservative Republican type not a particularly aware person, and he noted how every newspaper on the front page has to seemingly have at least one "gay" story every day, and the equivalent on TV "news" shows.

It's as relentless or more so as the previous heights (depths) of black "civil rights" propaganda and feminist "oppressed women" crap was. Just unbelievable that a long-time conservative, Christian-oriented country would push homosexual supremacy on such a scale, including a global one. If one could go back 50 or 60 or more years in time and show Americans what their country would be like in 2014, the homosexual supremacist agenda would undoubtedly shock them the most, more than institutionalized black supremacy (and its corollary, vicious hatred of White men), feminist supremacy, and the country's open subservience to Israel and its lobby.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Washed-up scrub and journeyman, the homosexual Jason Collins has signed with the Brooklyn Nets to become the first openly gay player in the NBA. The agenda pushers over at BSPN are covering his press conference live and talking about the "outrageously warm reception he will undoubtedly receive at LA tonight."

If anyone ever thought this whole gay BS was about equality and civil rights, think again. It's about completely submitting to and worshipping the homo agenda and its normalization in society, as traditional norms continue to be destroyed.
Yes 2014 seems to be the year of the "Fudge Packer". Things are too orchestrated to see anything else with the Jerry Smith doc, this, the gay linebacker and the Sochi protests. Now we will have the first gay home coming king and queen at various high schools......:jaw:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just do my best to ignore the stories about the other side of sexuality. I don't agree with it and I really don't want to hear about it. They are forcing everyone to whether we like it or not. Change the channel and don't buy magazines that you don't agree with is my advice. Other than that to each his own. It's disgusting in my opinion but it's here to stay so I just look the other way. That's not much we can do other than to support places that don't agree with it because that is not the values America was born with.

Back to basketball. It's a shame the Suns and the Twolves both lost close games last night. For the Suns, Goran Dragic scored a career high 35 points. He has went over the 30 point mark countless times this year and he continues to raise his scoring average. The Suns made a few bad mistakes in the final minute which cost them the game. Houston is a very good team though and like the Suns they are white friendly so it wasn't too bad a loss. Kevin Love led Minnesota with 31 points and Rubio had 21 but Portland was just a little better last night. Hope Pekovic is back for the next game or two as Love needs some help down low.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
David Lee out for Golden State again tonight, but Andrew Bogut is in the lineup.

Dallas up on the Knicks early, 43-41. Dirk 9 points.

Utah plays at 9:00.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
David Lee out for Golden State again tonight, but Andrew Bogut is in the lineup.

Dallas up on the Knicks early, 43-41. Dirk 9 points.

Utah plays at 9:00.

Glad to see you back Carolina Speed. You were missed here at the board. I figured you probably were out of town or something. I was waiting
to see you comment on Kevin Loves first triple double. He had come so close many times. Glad he finally acheived it. He also was the nba player of the week for the 3rd week of February. He averaged around 36 points a game for the last week. Wow!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Glad to see you back Carolina Speed. You were missed here at the board. I figured you probably were out of town or something. I was waiting
to see you comment on Kevin Loves first triple double. He had come so close many times. Glad he finally acheived it. He also was the nba player of the week for the 3rd week of February. He averaged around 36 points a game for the last week. Wow!

I think Love could have more triple doubles if he didn't have to shoulder the scoring/rebounding load; and there have been some games this season, believe it or not that Minnesota was way up on an opponent and Love was an assist or 2 from getting that double and played sparingly in and if at all in the fourth quarter.

I think in one game this season, Love's stat line read something like 15 points, 9 rebounds, and 4 assists in the 1st quarter!

Last night's action was slow...

Nowitzki had a sub-par night, however hit a buzzer beater to win the game over the Knicks, 110-108.

Nowitzki, 15/3 assists

Olynyk, 21/8/4 assists

Hayward, 10 assists

Ambrose

Master
To the NBA:

bye.gif

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Minnesota at Phoenix tonight at 9. Should be an interesting game. Love, Rubio, and maybe Pekovic against Dragic and Plumlee.

Also, several white players beginning well so far this evening, Gortat, Vucevic, Gasol, Dunleavy, Korver, and Spencer Hawes is playing well in his Cleveland debut early.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Minnesota at Phoenix tonight at 9. Should be an interesting game. Love, Rubio, and maybe Pekovic against Dragic and Plumlee.

Also, several white players beginning well so far this evening, Gortat, Vucevic, Gasol, Dunleavy, Korver, and Spencer Hawes is playing well in his Cleveland debut early.

Love had a big 1st quarter, 14/5/2. Minnesota 34 Phoenix 28.

Gortat, 21/10/2 assts.
Vucevic, 19/14/2 assts.
Hawes, 15/7/1 blk. in his Cleveland debut!
P. Gasol, 13/9/4 blks./2 stls.

Korver and Dunleavy playing well in their game!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Love had a big 1st quarter, 14/5/2. Minnesota 34 Phoenix 28.

Gortat, 21/10/2 assts.
Vucevic, 19/14/2 assts.
Hawes, 15/7/1 blk. in his Cleveland debut!
P. Gasol, 13/9/4 blks./2 stls.

Korver and Dunleavy playing well in their game!

Dunleavy, 22/8/4
Hinrich, 14/3
Korver, 16/7

Dunleavy was a capable 22 points or more career NBA scorer, but has never lived up to his potential. He could have been so much more.

Love was working on a halftime triple double, he got 16/9/5! Phoenix 57 Minnesota 55. Rubio has disappeared again! They will need him big in the 2nd half, if the T'wolves have any chance of winning!

Dragic, 8/1/2
Plumlee, 6/5

Kevin Love had another big night 33/13/9 2 blocks in a win over the Suns

Goran Dragic 16/3/3 2 blocks
Ricky Rubio 11 assists 3 steals
Chase Budinger 10 points
Greivis Vasquez 15 points
Matthew Dellavedova 10 points
Timofey Mozgov 14/6 2 blocks
Chandler Parsons 10/8/4
Robin Lopez (?) 12/10 7 blocks

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kevin Love was nothing short of amazing again last night. He almost had two triple doubles in one week. One assist short! He is up to almost 27 points a game. He is about to catch Lebron in that category and move into the top 3 in scoring. The guy is on a tear and Minnesota despite missing two starters has won 4 out of 5. Hope Pek is back tommorow.

Hope to hear some new about Jimmer Fredette in the next week or two. Would love to see him get to play before the end of the year but we only have a little over 20 games left so it's hard to say what will happen. I'm sure he is so excited to be getting out of that hell hole. Sacramento has treated him like the Ny Jets treated Tebow.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Last nights top performances.... Dragic out for Phoenix.

Vucevic, OR. 21/13
Hawes, CE. 19/7.. Cleveland beats OKC.
Nowitzki, DA. 18/5
Hayward, UT. 17/10/9 ast.
P.Gasol, LAL. 17/10/3 ast.
M. Gasol, ME. 14/12/5 ast./2 blks.
Korver, ATL. 17 points
Singler, DET. 15/5
Dunleavy, CHI. 14/4/3 ast.
Splitter, SA. 13/7

Again, no Dragic for Phoenix last night, sprained right ankle and no Redick for LA Clippers, lower back problems. Memphis is interested in Jimmer and may be working a deal with Sacramento! We'll see.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Memphis is interested in Jimmer and may be working a deal with Sacramento! We'll see.
Memphis picked up former Knick guard, Beno Udrih, after realizing they couldn't get Jimmer. The latest news is Chicago is heavily interested. I think this would be a great fit as they have little depth and "need outside shooting" as all the reports continue to say. Plus they are going to be comfortably in the playoffs.

In other news, former Bucknell star, Mike Muscala, was signed today by the Atlanta Hawks (who owned his rights). He was leading the ACB Liga in Spain in rebounding. Hope he can break through.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Memphis picked up former Knick guard, Beno Udrih, after realizing they couldn't get Jimmer. The latest news is Chicago is heavily interested. I think this would be a great fit as they have little depth and "need outside shooting" as all the reports continue to say. Plus they are going to be comfortably in the playoffs.

In other news, former Bucknell star, Mike Muscala, was signed today by the Atlanta Hawks (who owned his rights). He was leading the ACB Liga in Spain in rebounding. Hope he can break through.

Thanks for the update on Fredette, Freethinker! Keep us posted on where he ends up.

Decent night in the NBA. David Lee back in the GS lineup. Hayward, UT. and Hawes, CLE. playing well early. Also, Nowitzki and Dragic in action tonight!

foobar75

Master
Thanks for the update on Fredette, Freethinker! Keep us posted on where he ends up.Decent night in the NBA. David Lee back in the GS lineup. Hayward, UT. and Hawes, CLE. playing well early. Also, Nowitzki and Dragic in action tonight!
Looks like it will be the Bulls:

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10525785&src=desktop

This could be a great opportunity for Jimmer. I really liked this quote from Taj Gibson:

When told of Fredette's buyout, Bulls forward Taj Gibson seemed pleased about the potential move and believes the young shooter would benefit from a change of scenery."I've seen that he's got talent," Gibson said. "It's just that the team that he was on, he never really got a chance to do much because they've got the characters on that team where they don't seem too serious, you know what I'm saying?Playing on strict, good teams kind of brings the best out of a player."

All-star snub Goran Dragic with a career high 40 points in a win over New Orleans

Pau Gasol 22/5/6
Manu Ginobili 15 points 5 assists
Marco Belinelli 14 points 4 assists
Josh McRoberts 10 assists
Cody Zeller 10/8
Kirk Hinrich 17 points
Mike Dunleavy 16/8/4 2 steals
Dirk Nowitzki 15/5
Jose Calderon 13 points
David Lee 10/6
Marc Gasol 17/3/4
Mike Miller 19 points