2013-14 NBA Regular Season

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Despite three of the starting five missing last night and the Wolves losing, I wanted to point out that Ricky Rubio had 19 points. Hopefully this will help the kids confidence. Kelly did look great last night. I've followed him since his Duke days. Still want to see a Jimmer trade with less than two weeks until the trade deadline. Maybe a Gasol to Phx trade too.

Yes WL, thanks for the information! I was really busy yesterday and didn't follow any NBA. Rubio also continued to rebound well for a PG, hauling in 8 boards and dishing out 5 assists! He could have got 20 points if he would have made 1 more FT, hitting only 6 of 11 from the line. All he needs; is to just get more shots off and made more consistently and he'll be great! I mean if he could just make 3 shots, one being a three, and get to the line 9 to 10 times and make 80% of his FT, we're talking 14-15 points a game. I think it would mean all the difference in Minnesota being a big time contender!

Anyway, light schedule tonight......

San Antonio at Brooklyn
Chicago at Golden State

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree about Rubio being a good rebounder. He is due for a triple double. I predict before the year is out. The toughest part of it for him will be the points.:grin:

Hey Carolina Speed. Come post at the track board when you have time my friend. There are so many good white sprinters to follow and I post alot of links to European track meets as the season heats up. You would be a welcome addition there if you decide to post. Thanks for all you do here on this thread as well as many other threads you post on. Still waiting to see Jimmer set free!!!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
#FreeJimmer

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Could be another big night for us in the NBA! Gortat, Hawes, Kaman, Blake, Nash, Vucevic, and Nowitzki all playing well early!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Don't forget Kelly for the Lakers too. He had 15 points. For Detroit Singler had 16 points. Good night so far.

Last edited:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Don't forget Kelly for the Lakers too. He had 15 points last time I checked with a long ways to go in the game.

Right WL! Kelly finishes with 15 points and 8 boards! LAL wins with 3 white starters and Kaman playing a prominent roll!

Nash, 19/5/4
Kaman, 17/8/3
Kelly, 15/8
Blake, 14/8/4.... LAL beats Philadelphia 112-98....Now add Kevin Love and Jimmer to the Lakers and I never thought I would say it, but LA would be one of my favorite teams!

Hawes, PHI. 15/11/3

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Timberwolves are up by 10 headed to the fourth quarter on the road in New Orleans. Kevin Love has 19 points and 16 rebounds and he is playing hurt. This guy is a warrior. :third:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The Timberwolves are up by 10 headed to the fourth quarter on the road in New Orleans. Kevin Love has 19 points and 16 rebounds and he is playing hurt. This guy is a warrior. :third:

Another 4th quarter collapse by the T'Wolves! New Orleans out scores Minnesota 37-20 to win 98-91. Love had his usual great game and Portland comes to town tonight!

Love 26/19
Rubio 11/6/5

Nowitzki, DA. 20 points in 26 mins. as the Mavs blew out Utah!

Gortat WA. 19/8/2 blks.
Singler DET. 16/5/ 3 stls.

Vucevic, OR. 14/10
Valanciunas, TO. 11/13

Olynyk, BOS. 11/9/5

Miles' little brother Mason Plumlee had a decent game, 13/8

Lots of games tonight of interest including, Minnesota, SA, Atlanta, Houston, GS at Phoenix, and Utah!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Goran Dragic should be playing in the all star game. Last night he tore up the Warriors and their all stars with 34 points and 10 assists. The guy is one of the best point guards in the nba. He is so much fun to watch. For anyone that hasn't seen this kid play yet, tune in and watch a game. You will be very impressed.

A lot of great performances by big men tonight

Chris Kaman 27/10/3
Dirk Nowitzki 20/5/4
Mason Plumlee 22/13 8-10 from the field
Mirza Teletovic 13/11
Nikola Vucevic 19/13
Marcin Gortat 17/8

Unfortunately Spencer Hawes went cold tonight 0/2/1 went 0-8 from the field (the 76ers as a whole were terrible tonight). I wish this guy would be more consistent, he's performances have been polarizing.

Kirk Hinrich 17/4/5
Jose Calderon 18/5/5
Nick Calathes 17/5/6 has been great in his first couple of starts

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Mason Plumlee 22/13 8-10 from the field
I went to the Nets game last night and Plumlee put on a show. His athleticism was on display all night en-route to player of the game and his best performance of his young NBA career. In addition to the points and rebounds, Mason had 3 steals, 2 blocks and a +14 when on the court. One of his blocks, on Jeff Withey, was emphatic. After a huge first half, fans were chanting "we want Plumlee" at various times throughout the 3rd quarter as the starters struggled mightily. His fast break alley-oop from Jason Terry was the highlight of the game and brought the near sellout crowd to it's feet. It was electrifying.

[video=youtube;aFpQSLuvkzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFpQSLuvkzQ[/video]
Here's his highlights from the game. The alley-oop is at 1:30 and the block at 2:15.

As for the Nets as a team, their 2nd unit was much better than the starters and the reason they won rather easily. Terry, Alan Anderson, Andrei Kirilenko, Mirza Teletovic and Plumlee mostly played together and drove the lead up to 25 at points of the 2nd quarter. It was fun seeing the majority White unit give the Pelicans fits.

A side note for New Orleans. The recently signed SF Luke Babbitt, former 1st round pick of Portland, played well. He got decent minutes off the bench hitting some 3's (9 points, 4 rebounds). I hope he can get his career going after never really getting a shot with Portland.

foobar75

Master
I went to the Nets game last night and Plumlee put on a show. His athleticism was on display all night en-route to player of the game and his best performance of his young NBA career. In addition to the points and rebounds, Mason had 3 steals, 2 blocks and a +14 when on the court. One of his blocks, on Jeff Withey, was emphatic. After a huge first half, fans were chanting "we want Plumlee" at various times throughout the 3rd quarter as the starters struggled mightily. His fast break alley-oop from Jason Terry was the highlight of the game and brought the near sellout crowd to it's feet. It was electrifying.

Here's his highlights from the game. The alley-oop is at 1:30 and the block at 2:15.

As for the Nets as a team, their 2nd unit was much better than the starters and the reason they won rather easily. Terry, Alan Anderson, Andrei Kirilenko, Mirza Teletovic and Plumlee mostly played together and drove the lead up to 25 at points of the 2nd quarter. It was fun seeing the majority White unit give the Pelicans fits.

A side note for New Orleans. The recently signed SF Luke Babbitt, former 1st round pick of Portland, played well. He got decent minutes off the bench hitting some 3's (9 points, 4 rebounds). I hope he can get his career going after never really getting a shot with Portland.

Thank you for sharing those highlights. I honestly see very little difference between Plumlee and Blake Griffin as far as athletic ability is concerned. Plumlee can become a solid PF in this league if he just works on some other aspects of his game.

I never thought I'd say this, but thanks to some of you guys with your regular updates, I'm finding that the NBA is becoming watchable again.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Thank you for sharing those highlights. I honestly see very little difference between Plumlee and Blake Griffin as far as athletic ability is concerned. Plumlee can become a solid PF in this league if he just works on some other aspects of his game.
No problem. I think the Griffin comparison is a good one. I think Plumlee could become a more athletic but less offensively polished version of David Lee. He could be a poor man's Blake Griffin too. He really just needs to develop a mid-range jumper and some better back to the basket moves. Right now he scores mostly on dunks, put-backs and other stuff around the basket. He already seems greatly improved at the free throw line compared to his early days at Duke. His rates starting freshman year through present: 54%, 44%, 53%, 68% and 64%. I think this is a good sign of progression with his shooting. Definitely one of our most exciting young players in the NBA.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mason Plumlee was electric. He should be a starter. The kid has so much potential. His athletecism is incredible. The whole family is
just so danm talented. Any team would be stupid to not play guys like that. So happy for the kid.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer

Here here! Thanks so much for those highlights Freethinker! Truly an exciting performance by Mason Plumlee! I hope he and his brother Miles can continue to improve and become NBA All Stars in the future.

Just more of what's been a pretty decent season for white players in the NBA. Still have some guys not playing with nagging injuries though.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Minnesota Timberwolves are in trouble at the moment. Pek is still hurt, Love has been missing games since he is all beat up, and Kevin Martin is out for a long time with a broken finger. That is 3 of their starting five. Love says he is playing tonight. I hope Chase can step into the starting lineup and produce. They nees Sved to make some shots as well as JJ. On the bright side, Rubio has aveaged 18 points a game over the last three games. That is a step in the right direction. If he could just score 10-14 points a night, it would help alot. Anyways it's going to be tough tonight and Wed. with a team that looks like a M.A.S.H. Unit again. Such bad luck. Hope for the best. Go Twolves!:icon_lol:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kevin Love has 17 points already at the end of the first quarter. What an amazing basketball player. He is not even healthy. The guys is all banged up be taking one for the team and rising to the occasion. A true MVP type performance.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Kevin Love has 17 points already at the end of the first quarter. What an amazing basketball player. He is not even healthy. The guys is all banged up be taking one for the team and rising to the occasion. A true MVP type performance.

Love now has 23/4 and Rubio, Budinger, and Shved playing well also. Let's see if Minnesota can stay close and hopefully get a win against a good Houston team.

Parsons 12 points and 6 assists for Houston.

67-58 Houston

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Rockets are another fun team to watch. Chandler Parsons is amazing and he will be a free agent this summer. He is going to make alot of money somewhere. Kevin Love played great last night but they were still missing two starters. Hard to win when two guys that score around 40 points combined are out of the lineup. One more game till the all star break. Minnesota needs to get healthy fast.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Dirk and the Mavs in action tonight, here in Carolina!

Also, Dragic and Phoenix play Miami, Utah at the LA Lakers!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It would be really cool if the Suns could upset the Heat. They beat Indiana twice within the last couple of weeks and they have the best record in the Nba. Anything is possible. The Suns are playing fantastic basketball. Hope for a good game tonight.