2013-14 NBA Regular Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was busy most of the night and I missed Dragic in his record breaking night. What cant this kid do! He is already one of the top 3 or 4 points guards in the whole nba. All he ever needed was a chance.

It's the same story with countless other white basketball players. The Kings were idiots to have Jimmer for 3 years and to ingore him. How do you draft a guy at number 10 in the first round of the draft and then simply sit him on the bench 95% of the time for three years straight. It is mind boggling to me. Unfricking believable. This would not have happened to Jimmer if he was black and that is what is so unfair. I hope that the Bulls give him a legitimate chance to be a star but it's only for a month or two anyway so no harm done.

icsept

Master
Saw the end of the Sun's game with Dragic scoring 40, on 14/21 shooting. Of note, his black teammates were 100% supportive and congratulatory. He obviously has the leadership ability learned from Steve Nash. He has a great future.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Saw the end of the Sun's game with Dragic scoring 40, on 14/21 shooting. Of note, his black teammates were 100% supportive and congratulatory. He obviously has the leadership ability learned from Steve Nash. He has a great future.

I totally agree and it says alot about his teammates. Cool guys that are not jealous of a white man being the biggest star on the team. The Suns have a great all around team with the right attitude. They have so much talent from the top to the bottom and almost everyone on the team is unselfish. Great to see in todays nba.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another big road win for the TWolves tonight. They finally got back Nikola Pekovic and Kevin Martin. Love scored 22 points as they won by double digits. Pek had 20 points and I believe Martin had 26. Balanced scoing. They are now finally back at 500 and they have won around 7 of their last 9 games. Minnesota is moving into striking distance for the 8th seed. Phoenix and Dallas have the 8 and & seeds but they both have virtually the same record with the Twolves only around 5 to 6 games back. It's Twolve time. They are really playing good and I think they have around a 50/50 chance of still making the playoffs with around 24 games left.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Nowitzki scores 22 points tonight and is within 75 points of John Havlicek for 12th all-time leading scorer. Dirk has 26,320 career points. After he passes Havlicek, he can set his sights on Dominique Wilkins for 11th and then Oscar Robertson for the top 10!

Tonights top performances..... so far, Dragic and Phoenix still in the 3rd.

Nowitzki, 22/7
Lee, 20/11/3 ast.
Bogut, 10 boards
Hayward, 21/3/3
Vucevic, 18/17/3
Ginobili, 15/4/7

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nowitzki scores 22 points tonight and is within 75 points of John Havlicek for 12th all-time leading scorer. Dirk has 26,320 career points. After he passes Havlicek, he can set his sights on Dominique Wilkins for 11th and then Oscar Robertson for the top 10!

Tonights top performances..... so far, Dragic and Phoenix still in the 3rd.

Nowitzki, 22/7
Lee, 20/11/3 ast.
Bogut, 10 boards
Hayward, 21/3/3
Vucevic, 18/17/3
Ginobili, 15/4/7

Nice games from Vuicevic and Hayward. I feel bad for both of these young guys as they are on two of the worst teams in the nba. They both are young stars who if they are patient with can become the face of the franchise. David Lee is a double/double machine like Love.

Dirk Nowitzki continues his climb up the all time scoring list. The guy is amazingly consistant and is not phased by the defenses despite every team having a game plan built to try and slow him down. He gets his 21 to 22 points every night like clock work and he even hit another game winner last week against the Celtics. So happy he is nearing the top ten scorers of all time. It will be bitter sweet to see him pass John Havlicek as he was and still is a legend.

It's funny that many Celtic fans talk about Bird and fail to mention Havlicek. Pretty sad if you ask me. I love both of these guys. It's probably because Havlicek played alot longer ago.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Nice games from Vuicevic and Hayward. I feel bad for both of these young guys as they are on two of the worst teams in the nba. They both are young stars who if they are patient with can become the face of the franchise. David Lee is a double/double machine like Love.

Dirk Nowitzki continues his climb up the all time scoring list. The guy is amazingly consistant and is not phased by the defenses despite every team having a game plan built to try and slow him down. He gets his 21 to 22 points every night like clock work and he even hit another game winner last week against the Celtics. So happy he is nearing the top ten scorers of all time. It will be bitter sweet to see him pass John Havlicek as he was and still is a legend.

It's funny that many Celtic fans talk about Bird and fail to mention Havlicek. Pretty sad if you ask me. I love both of these guys. It's probably because Havlicek played alot longer ago.

white lightning, thanks for helping me renew my interest in the NBA! It was your constant praise of Nowitzki that got me looking back into the league trying to see where we stood as a race. Thankfully, we have guys that continue to show dwf's they're just as good and even better, when given the opportunity. Guys like Ryan Anderson,19.8 PPG, having a great season until his back injury!

Of course Love was there at 26.5/13.1, but as you look deeper, there was Dragic, Lee, Parsons, Vucevic, Pekovic, Gortat, Hayward, Rubio, Hawes, the Gasols, Bogut also J.J. Redick was playing very well before his injury.

Many up and comers also, the Plumlee's, Enes Kanter, Fredette if he can get more playing time. I'm probably missing some too!

Looking a Nikola Vucevic, talk about a double/double machine; he currently has 28 D/D's in 44 games. As a percentage 64%, he's higher than David Lee, who has 30 D/D's in 55 games for a 54%! Vucevic is 3rd behind Love 49, and Lee 30, among white players and 13th in the league overall. Vucevic another great up and coming talent at only 23 years old.

With the Bird/Havlicek comparison; I think you have to look at Bird's total game. He averaged a career double/double, 24/10 and over 6 assists/game for his career. He was also a magician with the ball. He could've played PG like Earvin Johnson, probably better! Earvin Johnson said Larry Bird was the best overall basketball player he'd ever seen!

Honestly, I never got see John Havlicek play, only highlights, but he was no doubt a great player, but probably didn't have the overall ability Bird had. Just my opinion.

Havlicek was a part of 8 NBA Championships, while Bird had 3.

My top 5 players of all time...

Larry Bird
Pete Maravich
Dirk Nowitzki
John Havlicek
Kevin Love

6th Man, Kevin McHale.
7th Man, John Stockton

Give me these 7 guys and maybe Steve Nash and I promise you they'll beat any all black team ever assembled! ( Obviously, guarding Michael Jordan would be a problem. Another more knowledgeable poster, help me here?)

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You wouldn't have Jerry West on your team? He was pretty damn good. What about a guy like Bob Petit? Just want to keep the conversation going? Bobby Hurley would have been a great pg if not for the severe injury after his wreck. In an old Sports Illustrated article, the best college guys including Hurley took on the original Dream Team with Jordan, Magic, Bird and others on it. They scrimmage against each other alot before the olympics. According to the article, Hurley did whatever he wanted. The writer said he was so quick that only Jordan with his combo of length and speed could have a chance of guarding him. Quite high praise for a guy that could have been a star in the nba. Bobby Hurley did win back to back national championships in college playing alongside Christian Laetner.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Give me these 7 guys and maybe Steve Nash and I promise you they'll beat any all black team ever assembled! ( Obviously, guarding Michael Jordan would be a problem. Another more knowledgeable poster, help me here?)

First off having a defensive center like Mark Eaton would help. He won the NBA Defensive Player of the year twice. A few guards that would be great for the job having a big center if they got beat are John Stockton who is the all time steals leader in nba history. Then I would have either Kirk Hinrich or Ricky Rubio. Probably give Rubio the job as he is taller at 6'4 to Jordan at 6'6 and he is leading in nba in steals. He was 2nd in the league last year to Chris Paul who only had one more steal than Rubio. So I guess I answered my own question. Rubio to guard Jordan with Stockton helping out and a big man waiting down low. Rubio and Stockton both on defense would cause nightmares for any team. Even a dream team.

Two more guys off the tip of my tongue who are long and as athletic as they come are Chris Anderson and Chandler Parsons. They can really play great defense.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
You wouldn't have Jerry West on your team? He was pretty damn good. What about a guy like Bob Petit? Just want to keep the conversation going? Bobby Hurley would have been a great pg if not for the severe injury after his wreck. In an old Sports Illustrated article, the best college guys including Hurley took on the original Dream Team with Jordan, Magic, Bird and others on it. They scrimmage against each other alot before the olympics. According to the article, Hurley did whatever he wanted. The writer said he was so quick that only Jordan with his combo of length and speed could have a chance of guarding him. Quite high praise for a guy that could have been a star in the nba. Bobby Hurley did win back to back national championships in college playing alongside Christian Laetner.

Yes wl, Jerry West should be there too. I was just getting it started and had also thought about Petit and even Bill Walton in his prime was very solid. I know I'm missing some. Thanks for keeping it going!

Also, thanks for the help with Jordan! Anyone else got any ideas about how to stop MJ?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A few more to list. Dave Cowens the center of the Celtics.

As a testament to his all-around ability, Cowens is one of only four players (Scottie Pippen, Kevin Garnett and LeBron James are the others) to lead his team in all five major statistical categories for a season: points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals. He accomplished the feat in the 1977-78 season.

Billy Cunningham, Chris Mullins, Detlef Schremf, Mark Price, Kevin Mchale, Marciellonus(spelling), Petrovic, Tom Chambers, and the list goes on and on. There are so many fantastic white basketball players.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was watching alot of the Bucks vs Jazz Game. Milwaukee starts 3 whites and they all had double figures tonight in an easy win over Utah. Other than Hayward, the Jazz look horrible. Yet they had no interest in Jimmer. Explain that. For the Bucks, Ilysova had 41 points and they had two other white starters in double digits. I like watching Wolters play the guard position. Another team to watch in the coming years as they get some more chemistry. Hope they keep this team together.

The Twolves are looking great early up be around 16 points early in the 2nd quarter. Love had 12 points and 8 rebounds in the first quarter!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
The top 3 scorers in this game were Ilyasova with 31 pts for the Bucks;
Heyward w/20 for the Jazz, and Enes Kantor (Jazz) had 27pts.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The top 3 scorers in this game were Ilyasova with 31 pts for the Bucks;
Heyward w/20 for the Jazz, and Enes Kantor (Jazz) had 27pts.

The Bucks dominated. Those were garbage points for the Jazz and the Bucks had more white starters!!!

I'm not happy with the Jazz. They have really made stupid decisions for too long now. They don't listen to their fans and the team sucks.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It wasn't pretty but the Twolves are finally above 500 for the first time in a very long time. Kevin Love had 33 points and 19 boards. JJ Barera had 16 points off the bench. Big win but they let a 23 point lead get all the way down to 2 before hitting a few free throws to win by 4. K. Martin was very important in the win as he hit every free throw except one. Excellent shooting and Love only missed 2 free throws. What a wild game.

foobar75

Master
Here are MIN's next 6 opponents:

NYN, DET, TOR, MIL, @CHA, SAC

All except TOR are non-playoff teams, and 5 games at home. The Wolves at a minimum need to go 5-1 in this stretch, and 6-0 is not at all out of the question. I feel like these upcoming games are their last chance to make a push for the playoffs. The schedule gets a little tough after that, and there's no room for error.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here are MIN's next 6 opponents:

NYN, DET, TOR, MIL, @CHA, SAC

All except TOR are non-playoff teams, and 5 games at home. The Wolves at a minimum need to go 5-1 in this stretch, and 6-0 is not at all out of the question. I feel like these upcoming games are their last chance to make a push for the playoffs. The schedule gets a little tough after that, and there's no room for error.

I agree. They need to aim for 6-0. No more excuses. They have to find a way to get these wins especially with 5 of 6 at home. They have won three in a row so they have alot of momentum at the moment. Let's hope it continues!

TwentyTwo

Master
It is just a shame that the T-Wolves are not in the Eastern Conference where they could end up as at least the #5 seed...instead of #10 in the West...five games behind the 8th place Suns.

With 23 games remaining...it is still possible!

Last edited:
Spencer Hawes 20/13
Manu Ginobilli 11 points 6 assists
Marco Belinelli 11 points
David Lee 11 points
Chandler parsons 10 points 8 assists
Goran Dragic 14 points 9 assists
Pau Gasol 29/12/4

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Spencer Hawes 20/13
Manu Ginobilli 11 points 6 assists
Marco Belinelli 11 points
David Lee 11 points
Chandler parsons 10 points 8 assists
Goran Dragic 14 points 9 assists
Pau Gasol 29/12/4

Thanks to The Spaniad for the great updates. Both yourself and Carolina Speed keep alot of us here at the board up to date on our guys when we can't watch the games or catch the box scores. It is really appreciated. Keep up the great work my friend.:clap2:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Again, many of our guys playing well early tonight, including Parsons, Lee, Vucevic, Singler, Love, etc., however Jimmer has zero minutes as the Bulls are winning by 10 in the fourth. Very frustrating not seeing Fredette get minutes!!!!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Again, many of our guys playing well early tonight, including Parsons, Lee, Vucevic, Singler, Love, etc., however Jimmer has zero minutes as the Bulls are winning by 10 in the fourth. Very frustrating not seeing Fredette get minutes!!!!

Top performances in early games...

Parsons, 19/6/7 assts.
Olynyk, 19/5/3
J. Leuer, 19/5
Lee, 18/10/4... played only 24 minutes as GS blew out Boston!
M. Gasol, 18/7
Gortat, 16/9/4
Vucevic, 15/10/4
Singler, 16/6

Nowitzki playing well and Minnesota really struggling without Love and Rubio against NY in the 4th. They're down 11, I hope they can comeback when they get back in the game, but it doesn't look good!

Last edited:
Gordon Hayward 12/6/6 2 steals
Enes Kanter 11/8
Kirk Hinrich 10 points
Kevin Love 19/8
Nikola Pekovic 17/6
Timofey Mozgov 10 rebounds
Cody Zeller 11/5 2 blocks
Josh McRoberts 12/5
Nick Calathes 10/5/5 4 steals
Kosta Kofus 12/8
Grizzlies had four white players go into double digit scoring

Unfortunately T-wolves drop to the Knicks

foobar75

Master
Gordon Hayward 12/6/6 2 steals
Enes Kanter 11/8
Kirk Hinrich 10 points
Kevin Love 19/8
Nikola Pekovic 17/6
Timofey Mozgov 10 rebounds
Cody Zeller 11/5 2 blocks
Josh McRoberts 12/5
Nick Calathes 10/5/5 4 steals
Kosta Kofus 12/8
Grizzlies had four white players go into double digit scoring

Unfortunately T-wolves drop to the Knicks

Zero excuses dropping a home game against a sorry Knicks team when you need every win you can get. It's very difficult to be a MIN fan sometimes.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree foobar. Everytime I get my hopes up the Twolves let me down. I didn't get to see the game but it seems like they lacked energy all night long. The Knicks are horible but they led wire to wire with no fight from Minnesota despite it being a home game for the Twolves. Minnesota had won 6 out of 7 games until last night. Awful performance by the whole team including Love and I rarely say that! Luckily for them both the Suns and Mavs have been losing but they also have to catch Memphis. There are only 22 games left. Now or never!