2012 Week 4 College Football

Riddlewire

Master
Updating that game I mentioned earlier.

Erik Lora of Eastern Illinois has 15 catches for 185 yards and 3TD.
...at Halftime.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Very white game all around between Notre Dame and Michigan. I can really get behind the Irish, who were smart enough to pull their black quarterback. Any coincidence that they became whiter and then got back into the top 10?

Hawkeye2

Mentor
If Michigan doe win this game, Michigan's defense should get all the credit not Robinson.

Riddlewire

Master
I'd like to watch Air Force - UNLV.
Can someone help me out in an appropriate fashion?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Nick Florence has put up huge numbers in Baylor's first three games of the season. Why isn't BSPN hyping him up like they did for Griffin? Hmm...I wonder.

BSPN is busy hyping up Geno Smith from WVU who plays in the same conference as Baylor.

Florence is not even in the conversation for Heisman and probably will never enter it even if he keeps up his performance.

Highlander

Mentor
I'd like to watch Air Force - UNLV.
Can someone help me out in an appropriate fashion?
It's on ALTHD (Altitude HD) on my cable system, higher up in the channels.

Also, Nevada vs. Hawaii is on the NBC Sports Channel (formerly "Versus")

Highlander

Mentor
Dual-threat Texas A&M QB, Johnny Manziel, accounts for 5 TDs:

15/20 173 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs
8c for 78 yards and 2 TDs

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

Highlander

Mentor
I just noticed Minnesota's black quarterback was injured last week, but, no mind, they have Max Shortell as his backup:

Gophers senior quarterback MarQueis Gray didn’t account for much passing during the team’s last victory but did key a number of important drives, as he ran in for two touchdowns, including a personal-best 75-yard score.

Gray and the Gophers wouldn’t have quite as much luck this time around, with the offense struggling to get going early on, as a stingy Bronco defense stood its ground in the first quarter, holding the Minnesota offense to 97 yards and a 7-3 lead.

The second quarter brought about the most theatrics that TCF Bank Stadium had seen so far in 2012, as Gray would need to be helped off the field after an apparent ankle injury on the first play of a drive midway thought the quarter.

Sophomore quarterback Max Shortell, who saw cleanup action last week, was thrust into duty and immediately responded, leading a quick, 65-yard drive downfield for junior wide receiver A.J. Barker’s second score of the game.

They weren’t done there, as a quick defensive stop gave the Gophers a 45-yard field and 1:32 to work with before the end of the quarter.

Once again, Shortell stepped up, leading another scoring drive in less than a minute, once again capped off by a pass to Barker, this one of 53 yards, giving the Gophers a 21-10 halftime lead
The Broncos came out swinging in the second half, as senior quarterback Alex Carder would lead a 71-yard scoring drive to start of the third quarter.

Impressively, Shortell would respond on the following drive, methodically leading the Gopher offense downfield, capped off by a Drew Goodger touchdown pass to push the Minnesota lead back into double digits.

Western Michigan made it interesting in the fourth quarter, scoring a late touchdown to reduce the deficit to 28-23, but a failed two-point conversion would keep the damage to a minimum for Minnesota.

The Gophers failed to run out the clock in the end and would give the Broncos a 72-yard field and 1:32 to work with in a last-gasp effort to steal the game, but a failed fourth-down conversion would seal the deal on Minnesota's 28-23 win, giving the Gophers their third consecutive win to open the season.

A detailed medical release on the condition of MarQueis Gray has not yet been made available, and a clean bill of health would certainly lead to a bit of a quarterback controversy leading into practice this week.

If today’s play by Shortell is any indication of his true potential, however, the team will be in good hands either way next Saturday evening when it plays host to the Syracuse Orange.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It looks like Minnesota will go 4-0 as they are ahead of Syracuse 17-10 very late in the game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...23-victory-after-qb-marqueis-gray-exits-early

Highlander

Mentor
After a nice run by Nevada dual-threat QB, Cody Fajardo, the announcer said, "..he's faster than you think he is..."

Oh yeah, and why wouldn't I think he'd be fast?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
JC and Riddle, my usual go to site isn't carrying that game. Sorry. :embarassed:

Highlander

Mentor
Nice to see ultra-Caste Oklahoma go down to K-State at home in front of their ultra-DWFs.

I despise Bob Stoop(id)s and the Sooners.

Colin Klein played tough as always: 13-21, 149 yds
17 Rush, 79 yds, 1 TD

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
no worries, Colonel. thanks for looking. additionally, it's nice to see you back on the boards.

here's hoping real life is treating you well. :thumbsup:

Being right stinks sometimes

Georgia-Vanderbilt game. I just knew that there was no way Mark Richt could stomach having Michael Bennett as his leading receiver. In a blowout game where walkons were getting catches, Bennett gets a grand total of TWO targets, despite being in for a huge majority of the snaps. Of course his blocking was key for the running backs and other receivers. He will be phased out almost completely over the next few weeks. He will still start because he blocks and gets first downs, but no targets in the red zone, and as few as possible elsewhere. :mad2:

I am watching the Florida State game and I noticed a white guy on the FSU sidelines with blonde hair and corn rows. I looked at their roster and it turns out he is a running back. I almost fell out of my chair. This would be the equivalent of Nick Saban having a white skill position player. His name is Will Burnham #45. I tried to do a little research on this guys background and it is almost like he doesn't exist.

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/burnham_will00.html

dwid

Hall of Famer
Collin Klein should be getting more hype for the Heisman as the season goes on, he has the same amount of rushing tds and one passing td short of where he was after 4 games last year, except now his passing is better, he is completing 70 percent of his passes. If he can come close to last year's numbers and win then there should be no reason to not have him. The guy just does whatever it takes to win. They have been comparing him to Tebow, but different frame, different style. Only thing is that they are talented White guys who really want to win. The only game they really got killed last year was against OU, and they just beat them tonight. The other loss was close, the bowl game not as close but they vote before the bowl games.

Taylor Martinez should be considered as well, he has gotten better as a passer and is back to running wild, I think he is close to breaking Eric Crouch's numbers. The only thing about him is that he doesn't seem like a natural leader, Burkhead seems to be the leader of the team and even the announcers mentioned that. That Nebraska needed him to stay healthy for big 10 play, not just for his skills as a runner but his leadership as well. Rex should still have an outside shot, only one big game he missed against UCLA. Btw, you are right Abdullah isn't even close to Burkhead's level. I don't think he will ever be. Burkhead is a guy that you have to specifically game plan for and account for every play, teams don't do that for Abdullah which is why he has a high ypc, less people swarming after him. Also I don't see this extra gear he supposedly has, he had one big run this season and got caught. I missed the return he had for a td, so maybe the speed shows more on returns, because I haven't seen it by him running the ball, it also could be the competition they faced. Hopefully he doesn't have to wear the brace next week, it hinders you a little bit if your aren't used to it, I think even if you get used to it because once Gerhart took it off as a pro he looked so much quicker in his cuts. But I would wear it as a precautionary measure, the MCL is about stability in the knee so the brace keeps it from bending the wrong way (the MCL is supposed to keep the knee from bending backwards) basically doing the job of the MCL.

K-State's defense stepped it up, Zimmerman had a clutch interception. He looks like a guy that will play on Sundays, listed at 6'1 203, I think he might weigh a little more than that. He looks like he is 210 and could easily bulk up to 220. He could be the new breed of safety the NFL is looking for, big, physical and fast enough to match up with the new breed of tight ends, most who are just tight end in name.

Wish there was a way to watch Air Force, I am watching Nevada on tv right now.

Whites had a good day at runningback, hope it carries over to tomorrow. I almost bought some tickets, but then I thought that if they didn't run Hillis a bunch I would be pissed, plus its too much money. 90 dollars for a ticket, they have a bunch on sale right now because Chiefs fans aren't traveling to the game. That price is ridiculous. Anyway, still hoping for a 200 yard game against Hillis. They had trouble with Alfred Morris and anybody that the Panthers had running, but the most trouble with bringing Cam down because of his size. Just hope they don't take any cheap shots, which they are known for. The Chiefs have a good shot of winning this if they stick with Hillis. Matt Cassel can take advantage of a depleted secondary due to injury. Ball control offense to keep Brees off the field.

I had the LSU-Auburn game on one of the tvs, and I can't figure out if those SEC games go like that because the defenses are so good, or if the offenses suck.

I need to update Tulane, they had a black quarterback staritng for the injured Griffin, not sure if he will get his job back or how long it will take his shoulder to recover. People seem to be in love with the black quarterback despite his horrible performance today, one of the announcers said "you could put Joe Montana behind that line and wouldn't look good" He seemed to have plenty time to me, just not good pocket awareness, gets jittery when pressure gets close, which is why I think the strategy to beat most black quarterbacks is just blitz every down, send 7 guys. A good quarterback will pick you apart and find the holes that you left behind, a black quarterback will panic and either run or make a mistake. The Saints didn't have a problem with black quarterbacks last year, easily containing Cam Newton with Williams scheme that blitzed 6 or 7 guys almost every single down leaving holes down the field, this year both RGIII and Newton looked like pro bowlers since they switched to going more soft zone coverage with relying on the front 4 to get pressure, except their front 4 sucks which is why they had to rely on blitzing to get pressure, and got picked apart by qbs like Alex Smith. The week after these two black quarterbacks played the Saints they looked horrible. It didn't take long for guys to look at the film, although Gregg William's son works for the Rams and might be blitz happy as well.

back to Tulane, I didn't see the start of the game but cornerback Alex Lauricella played quite a bit and made some big plays, but not enough to account for the rest of the defense.

Rutgers beat Arkansas, not sure of the racial make up of Rutgers but always like seeing an SEC team lose. At half time Akron was tied with Tennesee, not sure what happened in the 2nd half. Probably stupid mistakes that usually costs smaller underdog teams to lose, they beat themselves, maybe its the mentality, the kids are young and probably already have defeat in their minds. However, ULM knows they can play and they made quite a few of those mistakes, yet they still stayed close.

Who was the White guy that ran the ball for Nevada? It might have been mentioned but I didn't see it

Last edited:

Highlander

Mentor
I would never watch a contemporary incarnation of an FSU-Clemson game, but noticed the past few weeks through some research that super-fast-and-athletic Clemson WR, Adam Humphries, seems to have disappeared from Clemson's offense. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised by that as, ultimately, he isn't the right "fit" to be on Dabo's plantation.

I wish he would transfer...such a waste of talent.

Last edited:

Riddlewire

Master
I'm going to guess that Getz got hurt. He hasn't carried the ball since the beginning of the second half. And Air Force's offense has suffered as a result.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Montana FB Dan Moore with 12 carries for 74 yards w/ 2 TDs + 3 catches for 22 yards....96 yards total offense in the Grizzlies' loss to Northern Arizona.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I would never watch a contemporary incarnation of an FSU-Clemson game, but noticed the past few weeks through some research that super-fast-and-athletic Clemson WR, Adam Humphries, seems to have disappeared from Clemson's offense. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised by that as, ultimately, he isn't the right "fit" to be on Dabo's plantation.

I wish he would transfer...such a waste of talent.
That is what hurts our numbers the most, talented players content sitting on the bench. In our eyes it looks terrible but think like a young kid. They probably established a community in their little college world with friends, probably a girlfriend as well. Being on the bench isn't so bad to most, besides having friends/gf, many are set in their majors, real majors where they would lose a certain amount of credits if transferring and many probably picked a particular school because of what they plan to study, plus they still get to live the party life that comes with being a football player, or college student in general. Most have a fall back plan which usually involves their degree (however Southeastern is a little different, half of the White kids say they are going back to work on the farm after college), very rural area surrounding the school hah. They don't have the same mentality that blacks have. Blacks demand the ball and always running their mouth about how you will see them on Sundays and then a bunch of egotistical moves one would usually joke around in the mirror with as a child speaking gibberish translated to "im gonna be like this and like that when im running" This is even at the FCS level, delusional blacks "yo Matt Forte is my cousin dawg, he gonna get me a tryout once Lovie see me do my thang he gonna be like sign that nigga right now to a 3 million dolla contract" then it goes off to what he is going to do with the millions he makes, hoes cars etc. Even heard one who said his cousin's step sister grew up next to Chris Duhon and that Duhon knows some "peeps up in the NFL" that are going to give him a look. The only pro worthy player that I have seen on the local FCS team was offered no tryouts by anybody, Tommy Connors. Yes SELU, I think FootballDad mentioned them, about how a high school could have done the same. They were much better with Connors. He was a hard hitting safety and a leader on d. He would throw blacks around by their helmet if they got beat by anyone besides the 1st team. They almost beat Tulane one year but made stupid mistakes, it was still close for a while. 27-21 final score. Even though Tulane is till horrible they would kill them now. The coach that recruited Tommy is gone, although he was a typical ignorant caste coach who said "a player like Tommy only comes around once a generation at a small school like this". If he had actually scouted more Whites he would realize there are plenty of kids like Tommy. They have this kid in Jena (home of the infamous Jena 6 thing) who is currently 5th in the state for rushing despite playing one less game than most of the leaders. I actually thought about driving 4 hours to watch him play again because I was so impressed, but ultimately too much gas.

However scouts from all over will wind up seeing him if they already haven't. Will teams like Southeastern and Nicholls st recruit guys like this or go for the rejects that the big schools didn't want? the ones that usually perform poorly and wind up getting crushed by these "overlooked" players.

It looks like ULM and La Tech are starting to get smart, but Tech took a step backwards by putting Lee in the slot, the boosters must have wanted a black at the rb spot. Holley is suited for the slot role but Lee could excel either way. The argument I always hear when mentioning this (overlooked players, meaning White) to those who have some influence is always the same, that their skillset won't translate to the next level and that they have already peaked. Yet as we have seen, it does, every opportunity a White gets, they excel. I even am wrong about certain players. I thought Burkhead's game wouldn't translate even though he was great in high school, I was higher on McGuffie, Swope and Wegher. It is actually blacks who struggle at higher percentage to perform well at the next level. And they are the ones who usually peak early around high school or freshman year since they tend to hit puberty sooner and finish growing sooner. I mean that is why we see more true freshmen coming in and playing, some do well and people are all excited like he is going to improve every year and it just doesn't happen. Dion Lewis was like this,

Speaking of LA Tech, didn't see the game but Holley and Lee only had 1 catch a peice, one going for 11 and the other going for 9. Lee had 3 carries for 19 yards, the highest avg on the team for the day. Holley not so great with 7 carries for 5 yard which is why I am more concerned about Lee getting touches than Holley being that he is a lesser talent and has much less pro potential while Lee looks to be that talented to make it in a fair world and if the cards fall the right way he might get a shot the way things are. If they are going to use them as slotbacks, Lee should be getting more carries similar to the way "Saturday Night Livas" got them, it was a unique way to run the ball imo. Here is a clip if anyone is interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v31pT_20LYc

I don't see why Lee couldn't be used in a similar role. 7:08 is my favorite play, they should use that with Lee, its so simple yet genius, have the wideout in motion and getting the tailback lined in the i to wind up being the lead blocker. But as you can see in the video there are various ways for him to run the ball, usually some type of sweep in shotgun sometimes with a lead blocker or end around if the qb is under center, same concept just tweaked a little bit to work with the qb under center. When I first saw it I kept rewatching it wondering why I didn't think of something like that, so simple yet genius. IMO Welker should have been getting carries like this all along and now that Danny Woodhead lines up in the slot he could do the same thing. Livas was much smaller which is why they limited his carries, like 5'7 170 pounds, plus he was the main return man. Since Lee is bigger and doesn't do kick returns he should get way more than Livas did.

Last edited:

Hawkeye2

Mentor
After a nice run by Nevada dual-threat QB, Cody Fajardo, the announcer said, "..he's faster than you think he is..."

Oh yeah, and why wouldn't I think he'd be fast?

By you he is referring to the DWFs. I guess it easier to say you than DWF.

Riddlewire

Master
Rutgers beat Arkansas, not sure of the racial make up of Rutgers but always like seeing an SEC team lose.

Arkansas is the whiter team.
Not only that, but that Rutgers win promotes the black quarterback agenda (nevermind the fact that it was all the fault of the ridiculously unqualified negro defensive coordinator for Arkansas).
I don't consider this to have been a good outcome.