2012 NFL Week 4

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Blackskins pulled that one off in not so convincing fashion. At least the blackaneers were on the losing end.

davidholly

Mentor
The media will try to make this seem like a clutch Griffin performance instead stating that TB's defense should go back to the Big 12.

L

Lew

What kind of poor defense was that by the Bucs ? Gremlin was throwing to wide open receivers.

Roddy White named the Chevrolet "Dependable" player of the week by the FOX crew.....:thumbdown:

Drew Brees tied Johnny Unitas' record of throwing a TD pass in 47 consecutive games, a record that lasted 52 years. He can break it next week.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
After today, Hartline will be leading the league in receiving yards with 455. Calvin Johnson will be right behind him with 423 yards. I can't imagine Hartline not hitting 1,000 yards on the season at this point. All he needs is to average 45 yards per game over the remaining 12 games and he's golden.

davidholly

Mentor
Drew Brees tied Johnny Unitas' record of throwing a TD pass in 47 consecutive games, a record that lasted 52 years. He can break it next week.

Gonna have to listen to Aints fans talk about how Brees is better than Unitas now.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer

Goes to show how good Unitas was. To have that record for so long and have it stand through this absurdly over emphasized passing era is amazing.

Is Hartline's performance the all time single game yardage performance by a White WR? Glad I have him in the CF fantasy league. He scored a third of my teams points.

How much you want to bet Weenieworld puts a negative spin on it! How does a supposed "possession receiver" burn the superior affletes for 80 yards?

You weren't far off (from Weenieworld):

Brian Hartline caught 12 balls for 254 yards and a touchdown as the Dolphins lost to the Cardinals in OT in Week 4, 24-21.
The Ryan Tannehill-Hartline connection again got red hot, which has now occurred twice in the past three weeks. Tannehill is willing to throw to Hartline even when he's covered -- terrific news for Miami's new clear-cut No. 1 receiver. Hartline's signature play in this game was an 80-yard fourth-quarter touchdown catch, where he got wide open on an obviously badly blown coverage.Hartline is now on pace for an unsustainable 100 receptions, 1,820 yards, and four touchdowns. The incongruence in those numbers is obvious, but Hartline is settling in as an every-week fantasy WR3. Sep 30 - 7:35 PM

Gibbon

Guru

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

So Hartline had the 14th best receiving yardage game in NFL history. Yet Deion Sanders in his top ten performances of the day spiel he does every Sunday evening saw fit not to include Hartline's output -- the most receiving yards ever in a game by a Dolphins receiver -- anywhere. Big surprise there. BSPN and NFL Network both gave Hartline's game matter of fact coverage, much like the big yawn that greeted Drew Bennett's 200+ yard Monday night game during his incredible run in 2004 when he was the best receiver in the league the second half of that season. There's no agenda at work in the media, repeat, there's no media agenda.

Gibbon

Guru
So Hartline had the 14th best receiving yardage game in NFL history. Yet Deion Sanders in his top ten performances of the day spiel he does every Sunday evening saw fit not to include Hartline's output -- the most receiving yards ever in a game by a Dolphins receiver -- anywhere. Big surprise there. BSPN and NFL Network both gave Hartline's game matter of fact coverage, much like the big yawn that greeted Drew Bennett's 200+ yard Monday night game during his incredible run in 2004 when he was the best receiver in the league the second half of that season. There's no agenda at work in the media, repeat, there's no media agenda.

Don, technically he would be at 18th (my bad for not bringing in the complete list ahead of him) but nevertheless your point is well made. Sanders is a punk.

davidholly

Mentor
So even Seattle DWFs are starting to admit that Wilson sucks. He's so f*ing predictable: drop back, roll to the right, miss a wide open receiver, throw the ball away or toss a pick. He doesn't stand in the pocket at all waiting for a play to develop because he can't see past the o-line and the d-line.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
There were so many positives to mention in Week #4, I’m not sure where to begin…

Brian Hartline’s epic 253-yard receiving performance was the most yardage any Dolphin receiver has ever accrued in a single game in the 46-year history of the franchise. Hartline accomplished this feat against a very talented Arizona secondary. As Don mentioned, Hartline’s career day was mostly a muted “side note” by the NewsJews, but fantasy football owners (who know more about football anyway) certainly took notice. With Fasano, Hartline, and the athletic rookie QB, Ryan Tannehill (a former WR himself), the Dolphin offense could become a Caste Football Favorite...

940x.jpg

CAPTION: Hartline Dives After 80-Yd TD

Peyton Manning righted Denver’s lily-white ship against the Raiders, throwing for 338 yards and 3 TD’s. 166 of those yards (or 49%), and 2 of those TD’s were thrown to assorted white players (Decker, Tamme, Dreessen, and Stokley). This dynamic offense is rivaled only by the Patriots with concern to fairness to white players…

Eric+Decker+Oakland+Raiders+v+Denver+Broncos+LMfitKNCaosl.jpg

CAPTION: Eric Decker Scores

temp120930_Hays11--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

CAPTION: Joel Dreessen Scores

Speaking of New England, they bounced back against the Bills, with Brady passing for 340 yards, 256 (or 75%) of which was to white receivers (Welker, Gronkowksi, and Woodhead). Despite New England’s best attempts to “phase out” their best player for the first two games, the NFL’s most consistent receiver, Wes Welker, has managed to accrue 25 catches for 380 yards through 4 games. With 12 games remaining, “The Patriot Missile” will need to average around 51 yard per contest to reach 1,000 yards…

Wes+Welker+New+England+Patriots+v+Buffalo+jBbwZlLMpv-l.jpg

CAPTION: Welker, 9 Catches, 129 Yards

It was also great to see Gronkowski bounce back from a subpar performance against Baltimore. The most dynamic tight end in NFL history tallied 5 catches for 104 yards, including a ridiculously-difficult grab from the photo below…

patriotsweb1s-2-web.jpg

CAPTION: Gronkowksi, 5 Catches, 104 Yards

Despite not receiving a single carry in favor of Ridley and Bolden, Danny Woodhead did manage a timely touchdown reception…

0ap2000000067531_video_rhr_210.jpg

CAPTION: Danny Woodhead

Patriot linebacker, Rob Ninkovich hasn’t played well this season. Missed tackles, failure to “set the edge” as he’s done in years past, and a limited pass rush presence. After playing poorly again in the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] half against Buffalo, he finished the game with 7 tackles and a timely strip/sack…

628x471.jpg

CAPTION: Ninkovich Finally Produces in 2012

The Packers’ most dynamic playmaker, Jordy Nelson, amassed 8 catches (on 12 targets) for 93 yards, scoring the winning touchdown and dropping the tar-tinted Saints to 0-4...

bilde

CAPTION: Jordy Spikes Ball into ******* Faces

Aside from all the offensive explosions for white players, our defensive players continue to shine. JJ Watt, for instance, registered two additional sacks, bringing his league-leading total to 7.5 through 4 games…

628x471.jpg

CAPTION: JJ Watt

Clay Matthews, who I once thought was slightly overrated, delivered another strong performance (6 tackles, 1 sack)…

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

CAPTION: Matthews Registers 7th Sack

Others positives included another yet loss for the “Gap-Toothed Wigger,” Greg Schiano, another loss for Cam Newton, a surprising win for Minnesota (despite Gerhart’s absence), an embarrassing performance for Russell “Smurf” Wilson, and Mark Sanchez playing poorly. All in all, a pretty decent week thus far. Next Sunday night the Patriots will play the Texans, which should be one of the whitest games in recent memory.

Last edited:

wile

Master
Jordy took a shot on his TD play and then showed some attitude with his spike, and not that good ol' shucks crap.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I love the pics as usual thrashen. Great job. Keep them coming. I really look forward to them every weekend!

I feel like white football players are making a little progress in the wide receivers category and on defense. I'm also
excited to see alot of good up & coming white quarterbacks. I also like the fact that alot of them like Tannehill, Ponder,
and Locker are great athletes who can beat you with their arms or legs!

I'm discouraged with the running back situation. I really feel Gerhart needs to get out of Minnesota. I just don't see them giving him
a fair shot. The same could be said for Woodhead as you never know from week to week how much he will play. Hillis needs to get healthy and hopefully make a little noise before the year it out. I would like to see Hillis return back to Denver. I wouldn't mind seeing Gerhart or Woodhead eventually end up on the Ravens or Colts. Keeping my fingers crossed. I also look forward to the combine next year as we should have a few more guys to hopefully make teams at running back. I really love Rex Burkhead and Beau Blankenshipp is doing incredible too.

Not sure who to root for tonight. Don't really care too much for either team but I hope Witten has a big game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The daily rag arrived today in pink, which means we have four weeks of football players gayly bedecked in the same color to look forward to this month. :puke:

One guess as to who the Raiders' DWFs think "lacks the athleticism" to play in the secondary, even though he's a "great guy who tries really hard." Skimmed a couple of message boards right after I saw this highlight. Yep, calling for Gio's head. :frusty:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
One guess as to who the Raiders' DWFs think "lacks the athleticism" to play in the secondary, even though he's a "great guy who tries really hard." Skimmed a couple of message boards right after I saw this highlight. Yep, calling for Gio's head. :frusty:

In Carolina it's the funny looking Asian guy:

Panthers coach Ron Rivera indicated Monday that the team is considering benching FS Haruki Nakamura. Nakamura has been toasted relentlessly since "beating out" Sherrod Martin in camp. Rivera said Martin would see increased first-team reps in practice this week. Martin played poorly both in coverage and against the run as a starter last season. The Panthers aren't going to fix their mess with either player.

foobar75

Master
The Panthers aren't going to fix their mess with either player.

Actually, this is probably an accurate statement. Nakamura was repeatedly burned in coverage in yesterday's game, so for once, this type of criticism may be justified against a non-black player.

Calling out Giordano, however, is the typical "always blame the white guy" reaction that is straight out of the DWF playbook.

foobar75

Master
So even Seattle DWFs are starting to admit that Wilson sucks. He's so f*ing predictable: drop back, roll to the right, miss a wide open receiver, throw the ball away or toss a pick. He doesn't stand in the pocket at all waiting for a play to develop because he can't see past the o-line and the d-line.

Yes they are, and I'm very pleased to see it. I was hoping the boneheaded decision by wigger-Pete to start Wilson would blow up in his face, and were it not for the gift last Monday, the Blackhawks would be 1-3 right now.

There's a long history in this league, and there's a reason why 5'10 midgets do not make franchise QBs, never have and never will. Here's hoping it's all downhill from here, but also hoping that if/when Flynn gets his chance, he will have success. The Seattle passing game is crap right now, so I can't imagine how Flynn could possibly do any worse.