2010-11 NFL Playoffs

Borussia

Guru
First off, Matt Ryan will have a excellent career as long as he stays healthy and continues to master the position. Obviously Falcons will have to continue to surround him with some offensive talent (more White men capable of making plays).

Don't jump off a cliff just yet Deadlift. ATL had a good year going 13-3 and losing in playoffs to (potentially) a Super Bowl team.
Not too shabby. I thought last night's game was going to be a close one but that pick 6 just before halftime and then the drive to start the 3rd Q for GB was just shattering.
You can't play QB in the NFL and not be prepared to handle adversity, critics, DWFs, media hacks and sometimes even self doubt.
To be great, a QB needs serious moxy, not unlike a fighter pilot.

Ryan will be fine. He's got the tools, brain and support to move ahead. Rodgers was starting to get the 'can't win playoff game/no signature win' label from the dweebs in the media.
EVERYONE gets criticized at one time or another. The only unique situation for Matt Ryan is being a QB in ATL - black capital of the US.
Fans will want lots of black players on their team.

This is where the coaches and GM need to make things happen and find a healthy balance between pleasing the many racist black DWFs and fielding a competitive, talented and smart team (have more White players).
Hey, ATL this year would've been better then either Pitt or Chicago in the Caste sense. How odd is that?

Arthur Blank has been humbled dearly last night. Matt Ryan will be fine. Just earning his stripes and as long as Falcons keep an open mind of getting more White players, the future will be bright for them.

Now, imagine Seattle actually beating Chicago today?
I'm hoping they can do so.

Do you guys think Packers match up better vs Bears or Seahawks??

Seattle's home field advantage is no joke.

I still say Seattle would be better.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'd rather see the Seahawks and Packers play next week, with the Packers winning of course. I'd like to see the Patriots pick apart Pittsburgh as well. The Packers and Patriots in the Super Bowl is what I'm hoping for.

I don't like to do this, but imagine the Seahawks going to the Super Bowl. They'd have to win it just to have a winning record. If they lost, they'd be .500. If that isn't parody, I don't know what is.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
If the Seahawks somehow manage to win the SuperBowl they would almost certainly be the worst team to win a SuperBowl. I'm not just going by their losing record during the regular season, they just aren't a good team. Not only that but their lone white draft pick, Jameson Konz, hasn't seen any action. He's most likely the best athlete on the team.

Pie

Guru
Heh, that was a pretty righteous national anthem.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pie said:
Heh, that was a pretty righteous national anthem.

Maybe the best I've ever heard.

And the only 2 White players on the field out of 22 when Chicago is on offense hook up for a 58 yard TD.

backrow

Hall of Famer
who sang it? i missed the beginning of the game.

hehe, someone mentioned Greg Olsen power ratio (speed/size!). he's got plenty!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And the black TE who replaces the injured John Carlson immediately drops a perfectly thrown pass from Hasselbeck.

NCromwell

The theme of the 2011 NFL Playoffs should be " if you need points or want to successfully execute your offense put it in the hands of the white guy"

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Olsen and Carlson could each be the leading receivers on their teams but they are phased out of the offense to help block more. This is the result of all the sumos taking up space on the o-line. Instead they force feed the ball to Johnny Knox who has speed and is a deep threat but not much else.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
NCromwell said:
The theme of the 2011 NFL Playoffs should be " if you need points or want to successfully execute your offense put it in the hands of the white guy"

Ain't it the truth? Even the coal black teams understand it. Seattle will have a tough time today overcoming the loss of John Carlson.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
If it's so often White players making important plays, while during the same games Black players are repeatedly exposed as being incompetent, why isn't the NFL recruiting more Whites? Seems so obvious and simple.

If I notice that a tire is flat because it's full of holes, I'm not thinking "how can I fix this tire?" I'm thinking I should change the tire.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
GiovaniMarcon said:
If it's so often White players making important plays, while during the same games Black players are repeatedly exposed as being incompetent, why isn't the NFL recruiting more Whites? Seems so obvious and simple.

If I notice that a tire is flat because it's full of holes, I'm not thinking "how can I fix this tire?" I'm thinking I should change the tire.

When it's a do-or-die situation, the league's over the top, extremist affirmative action policies take more of a backseat to doing what it takes to win.

But even so there are limits. After Anquan Bouldin started yelling and carrying on early in the Balt-Pitt game yesterday after Joe Flacco threw his first two passes to Todd Heap, Flacco threw to Heap noticeably less the rest of the game than he had the week before, when Heap was the receiving star. That move, along with Baltimore's comedy of turnovers in the second half and dropped passes by affletes, cost them the game.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Olsen just went over 100 yards with 113 so far on the day. Looks like Hatie Smiff is turning to him in this very important game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad to see Jay Cutler have a bounce-back season. His disappointing first season in Chicago had a lot more to do with awful line play and "raw" receivers than it did him (though he did need to learn to throw the ball away at times rather than always trying to force it). He has tons of talent and it would be nice to see him join the ranks of the acknowledged superstars atQB, though it may not be possible with Chicago's offense.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A Caste classic by Moose Johnston, excusing a poor effort to make a catch on the afflete "losing the ball in the snow flurries."
smiley29.gif
Sounds like something Crissie Collinsworth would say.

Pie

Guru
Apparently it's Olsen's fault that an afflete injured himself when trying a flying helmet spear right at his knees.

TwentyTwo

Master
Me too Don...Jay Cutler is a Big Time QB IMO...His O-Line is worse than the Steelers O-Line...good to see Olsen doing this today...

QB Match Up's next week...Cutler-Rodgers...both very mobile...Roethlisbeger-mobile ...Brady/Sanchez

Stokley still looks good at 34!

Last night Rodgers looked like the Best QB now in the NFL(31/36-336 are you kiddin' me!)...He has excellent mobility! Congrats to Jordy Nelson 8-79 + TD...Kuhn is becoming an iconic figure!

The Steelers miss Aaron Smith just like the Eagles missed Stewart Bradley

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I guess Green Bay against Chicago won't be so bad, as long as the Packers win! I'm really looking forward to seeing the Patriots offense in a little while!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Let's be honest. The Pats Game is the biggest game of the weekend. They have a white running back who is helping to break the mold of how a white guy runs the ball. He is electric with the ball. Then you have the best receiver in the nfl in Welker and the MVP Brady. They are so hated by people. Why do you ask? Obviously because they are the best in team on the planet. They need to go out there and prove it today. The Jets are going to play dirty. The Pats need to fight back and put them away early. Let's Go Patriots!

snow

Mentor
I hope dwfs are questioning, why is Mike Williams playing in the NFL but not Mike Hass? A 34 year old Stokley is doing good with 111 receiving yards 12 yards per catch for the playoffs, Mike Williams has been targeted 12 times with 3 catches for 12 yards this game. Mike Williams is slower than Mike Hass and cant catch.

Well as I was typing this he was targeted a 13th time and caught a td, still 3.8 yards per catch. I guess he is good for catching touchdowns in goal line situations and that is about it, but then again if you look at his season stats he has 2 touchdowns the entire season, and 4 for his career.Edited by: snow

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
TD Stokley! 8 for 85 and a TD now! He has been targeted 11 times.

Greg Olsen leads the game in receiving yardage with 3 catches for 113 yards and a TD but he was targeted 9 times. Strange to see him dropping passes like that.

While the Bears defense folds on that last Seahawks possession, the black Kaw-Liga (Hatie) stands there as stoic as ever.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb