2010-11 NFL Playoffs

white lightning

Hall of Famer
To be fair, Chung would have ran for the first down and probably for around 20-30 yards on the fake if he just caught the snap. I like the call even though is was risky. Chung just didn't execute. The need to get Woodhead the ball more and get Gronkowski, Hernandez and Welker more involved. Even Branch isn't doing anything. I think they will come out swinging in the 2nd half. They better or else it will be an embarassing end to a great season.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hey Kaptain, you mean let Danny slash, right?
smiley36.gif

By the way, what happened to the last part of your screen name?

Bart

Hall of Famer
I missed part of the game. Welker was benched for his interview? Bad move by Belichick. Brady and the whole team are just way out of whack. The Jets don't look all that impressive, but it seems the Pats are too tight or should I dare to say intimidated or demoralized? I don't know. The calls aren't going their way either.Wow!

The Hock

Master
Well, you have Ryan's loosey goosey let's have fun and kick some ass approach vs Beliceks's colder disciplinary style, the latter of which I think can backfire sometimes and the team comes out tight.

I was really looking forward to this game. Hope the Pats can come out a little looser in the 2nd half. I just don't see the Jets winning with a Sanchez at QB.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Steelers were in even worse shape at halftime yesterday and righted the ship.

Kaptain

Master
Colonel_Reb said:
Hey Kaptain, you mean let Danny slash, right? 
smiley36.gif
By the way, what happened to the last part of your screen name?

I flushed it down the toilet.

Matra1

Mentor
missed part of the game. Welker was benched for his interview? Bad move by Belichick.

I agree. That opening drive might have led to a TD with Welker instead of an interception. Belichick did what stupid whites (and men) are always doing. He is playing the moralistic White Knight. He will only be despised for such weakness, and deservedly so.

NCromwell

Good to see Edelman making plays. Once again if you need execution " give it to the white guy"

Kaptain

Master
It's quite clear that Woodhead, Edleman, and Gronkowski should be on the field at all times. The match-up problems they create should be exploited on every play. I hate that they constantly go in and out of the game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Brady isn't getting as much time to throw as he's used to, and isn't sensing the pressure as well as he usually does. ..

snow

Mentor
I guess Bellicheck was saving Edelman this entire season for the playoffs. I agree, dumb move by Bellicheck, starting the game without Welker got the entire offense out of sync, as well as using Crumpler in the redzone, yes he made a 28 yard catch, but that is all he is going to be good for in one game. Bellicheck is outthinking himself, hes going away from what has worked because its what the Jets have prepared for, I say keep going with what works, so what if they prepared for it, you have the athletes to get it done, Welker, Woodhead, Gronkowski etc

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Sanchez is outplaying Brady today and he's a bum. I sure hope the Pats can turn it around but it doesn't look like it will happen.

Kaptain

Master
The Patriots maybe have one more possession to run the ball with Woodhead like they should, or their season will be over. It appears that the Patriots can't get any passing offensive going as the Jets have been pinning their ears back since opening kickoff not caring about the run game. Belichek is getting out-coached.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Matra1 said:
Belichick did what stupid whites (and men) are always doing. He is playing the moralistic White Knight. He will only be despised for such weakness, and deservedly so.

I don't agree. Belichick isn't playing the moral White Knight. In this case, he's playing an arrogant, overly authoritarian jerk, letting it overcome his usual intelligence. That is his weakness.

alln2

Guru
There was absolutely no reason to bench Welker on the first drive. What a dumb move.

snow

Mentor
Bellicheck is outcoaching himself. He needs to scrap the new gameplan and go back to what has worked the entire season.He should have made that adjustment at half time.

Matra1

Mentor
If the Jets had scored that first, almost chip shot, field goal it would be really bad for the Pats. They are looking like paper tigers. But there's plenty of time left.

bigunreal

Mentor
The Patriots destroyed this same team less than a month ago. I guess loud mouth, media favorite Rex Ryan must have made some of those St. Joe Gibbs-type "adjustments." Brady looks awful- like he's never played the game before. Playcalling is atrocious, and the Jets, as always, are incredibly "lucky." Sanchez, while looking terrible most of the time, somehow manages to "make plays" and get those wins.

So...we have an obnoxious bunch of trash talkers from New York, squaring off against the whitest offense the NFL has seen in decades. Wouldn't it be nice if, just for once, the good guys actually won?

What a nightmare AFC championship game- Steelers vs. Jets.